What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First time grower with SILS on micro grow

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Hi f-e how are u bro?hope everything is good

Thanks for the help, iv been using calmag from biobizz, lets bump it up then.
Can you be more specific when you said "and more"?hungry overall?

:thank you: :tiphat:

'sall good bud.
Been watching you move your game along. Good play.

"and more" damage on the photo I linked to.

Caio

Calcium
View Image

It's what yours shows and more, as it's more advanced.

I can't think of a good instant source of C without N. Not without a grow shop visit for Canna Mono Calcium or a low N calmag aimed at flowering.

A calcium bump later in flower increases THC levels enough to be easily measured with a bong. You don't want a deficiency.

Gypsum.
The blackboard chalk.

Sampas92

Just newbin
Day 54 / olders

Day 54 / olders

Today my amnesia indeed showed a few orange pistils on the tops of the first node, the last ones to get, all the others dont have many of them, trichs are still clear, she is still shooting new pistils, and is a bit thicker day by day, like sugested, today was watering day, and i bumped up more calmag than usual. Iv been lowering the biogrow little by little in every watering, she didnt complain and im going to keep this way until i only feed her bloom, unless she shows a bit of hungry, but i doubt it.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

My older girls..i unstraped them yesterday, let them go wiiiiild, just not kkkk
The left one even smaller and less developed in veg, is a bit more thick compared to the right one
picture.php

picture.php

Trichs are clear also, the right one almost have no orange pistils and is still shooting new pistils, the left one dont, i think she is going to finish ealier, i also have been lowering biogrow and they didnt complain

Peace

Sampas92

Just newbin
Calcium
View Image

It's what yours shows and more, as it's more advanced.

I can't think of a good instant source of C without N. Not without a grow shop visit for Canna Mono Calcium or a low N calmag aimed at flowering.

A calcium bump later in flower increases THC levels enough to be easily measured with a bong. You don't want a deficiency.

f-e, i found a product onlinenthat is called superphophate pf lime, has calcium sulphate, npk 00.18.00, 26% sulfur and 22% calcium.

would be any good? Its to ammend the soil, but the thing is that the store stays that we should mix in the soil one month before planting, maybe better for rooting in early life of the plant, obviously suplemented with nitro etc but at what point could it be good for flowering?maybe ammending 2 weeks before flowering?or during stretch?
any opinion?

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Most people would reach for the calmag. It may help keep the cal and mag in proportion.

I use calcium from Canna's mono range. I'm unsure what it really is but it just lists calcium and it's available. 12% so double what you find in most calmag mixes.

I know very little about soil grows. I think it's calcium sulphate that gets with phosphates and makes something insoluble. That might explain why such a thing needs to be broken down again. The timing of such a thing would be dependent on a few other variables. I feel life is too short for me to get involved. I do like soil, but only use things available straight away.

I tried urea as N and it was like dropping pills. You think nothing is happening, so dose again and again, before the first dose takes effect and your running to the tap. It's too much like hard work.

Sampas92

Just newbin
Most people would reach for the calmag. It may help keep the cal and mag in proportion.

I use calcium from Canna's mono range. I'm unsure what it really is but it just lists calcium and it's available. 12% so double what you find in most calmag mixes.

I know very little about soil grows. I think it's calcium sulphate that gets with phosphates and makes something insoluble. That might explain why such a thing needs to be broken down again. The timing of such a thing would be dependent on a few other variables. I feel life is too short for me to get involved. I do like soil, but only use things available straight away.

I tried urea as N and it was like dropping pills. You think nothing is happening, so dose again and again, before the first dose takes effect and your running to the tap. It's too much like hard work.

Hmm i see, thank anyway bro :good:
Why sont you email canna asking?you dont loose anything trying.

Well one or 2 years ago in another forum i remember one guy bursting at biobizz cause their calmag product dont have nitrogen, i remember thinking it coukd be good for example in flowering, but honestly i never emaild biobizz asking..
I also supllement with a pinch of epsom in every watering, since i started using it i noticed my plants different for the better side of things, dunno how to explain it.
Im researching about guanokalong products, they seem good, but still have some questions about them, but they seem cheaper in the long run compared to biobizz, simpler too in my view, dry ammendments, then just water and twick here and there.

Peace :tiphat:

Caio

The chalk from the blackboard is a good source of calcium?how do you feed it?in water or mix with soil? Hmm i need to research that :D thanks caio

Gypsum (calcium sulphate) is partially soluble in room temp water but very soluble in warm/hot water.
It's good used as a foliar spray. I use it as a cicatrizer with micosat.
It's very economic, 6€ for 30kg.

PCBuds

This is the General Hydroponics Calmag I just bought.

It does have some nitrogen in it, but I don't know if 1% is a lot or not ?

My bloom nutes are 5-15-14.

PCBuds

This is my powdered bloom nutes.
Its got calcium sulfate in it.

I guess I could make my own calmag with Epsom salt and gypsum.
I'd be introducing sulfur instead of nitrogen though, but the plant does need both.

It would be a lot cheaper to make my own.
50 cents instead of 50 bucks.

Sampas92

Just newbin
This is my powdered bloom nutes.
Its got calcium sulfate in it.

I guess I could make my own calmag with Epsom salt and gypsum.
I'd be introducing sulfur instead of nitrogen though, but the plant does need both.

[URL=https://i.postimg.cc/vH1nx1Rf/20210228-124256.jpg]View Image[/url]

It would be a lot cheaper to make my own.
50 cents instead of 50 bucks.

I think you already have sulfur by all the sulfates but dont trust me on that tho, but the nitrogen in that is slow release buds, if it works for you buds keep it up going..how many grows those 50 bucks go?

Sampas92

Just newbin
Those trich shots look gorgeous!

:yummy:

Hi greenheart how are you bro?
Ive been checking your grow from time to time, looks good bro, keep it going :plant grow:
Thanks, she looks really tasty, she is very smelly, im eager to taste her, but i need to wait and be patience, i cant fuck her in the most important stage, i think im scenting a develop of a grapefruit kind of smell in the middle of that sweet berry smell
Peace :tiphat:

PCBuds

I think you already have sulfur by all the sulfates but dont trust me on that tho, but the nitrogen in that is slow release buds, if it works for you buds keep it up going..how many grows those 50 bucks go?

This is a picture of the day that I bought my Calmag, perlite and PH down.

It was July 11th of last year.
It was a 1 liter bottle of Sensi-cal 4-0-0 and cost $25.

I've been using it for my closet and window plants since then, and this is what I've got left.

So that's not that bad at all.
My new stuff is 1-0-0 which is probably better because of the lower nitrogen.

And like you said, I've probably got all the sulfur that I need in my Maxibloom and Maxigro. (the Maxibloom is 4% sulfur, and the Maxigro is 3% sulfur).

Thanks for getting me to look into the cost and when I bought it, before I try to grind some drywall to make my own Calmag. Lol

(I actually bought some blackboard chalk a few years ago and put a few sticks in my cooler. Lol)

Sampas92

Just newbin
^^^ What he said...

Did you use that jewelers loupe from your dad for those pictures?

It seems to work a lot better than my cheap clip on loupe.
Thanks buds but honestly i dont like them too much, too blurry but im trying to improve it.
Nope i tried it, it works best with only my phone and try to have steady hands tho, its an samsung s10, its pretty good, there some phones that have even better zoom, i think the pics from them would be really good

:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts