What's new

First Time Colorado Medical Grow Bubblegum!!!

TyChe

Can anyone tell me what is the deficiency is in the third pic? Please. The outer part of the leaves are sort of turning a little yellow and the tips are turning brown now. Help please...

MileHighGuy

Veteran
What up Tyche, your doing fine.... don't trip.

Your plants look soaked, i'm sure this is because you just watered and foliar fed. Keep in mind, Most rookies overwater like crazy, so just make sure you wait till it's mostly dry before you water or feed.

To answer your question we need more info!!!

To start off your thread, you should give the full rundown of the details.

What type of soil?
What kind of water?
Nutrients?
PH of Run Off?
Lighting
Etc.

Good start so far, just keep reading and learning.

TyChe

hmmm okay. The soil I used was a mix of generic garden soil, clay buster, the damn miracle grow perlite crap. I have three 6500k flourescent lights. Well they are the double bulbs. you know what I mean. Yeah last night I was looking at them I wanted to wait to water until they were really dry. So I watered until water came out of the bottom and foliar fed. I dont water until they are dry again. The brand of nutes I am using is a tester brand I was given for free from the owner of a hydro store called hydroponix. I am using the basic micro and basic grow. Ill have to get back to you on the ph of the runoff. I have a timer on a small inline fan that goes off every 30 mins then on every 30 mins. I have some mead that i am making so I am using the CO2 blow off from that but today I was given a large CO2 tank. It stands up to my chest and I fucking heavy and Im 6'5'' and 220. Oh and I use distilled water.

TyChe

in the very first picture you can see the brand and bottle nutes I am using. Its in the background.

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Dude seriously, ever detail makes a big difference, if you want any advice, get with it.

It could be lots of things.

If you're using a soil with lots of nutrients in it and your feeding them you could be burning the crap out of them, in which case you need to flush.

If you haven't been feeding them yet, and they are in a soilless mix with not ferts than you could be starting to have some deficiencies.

If nothing else, it could be overwatering...

I'm no expert, but I know enough, always go back to the basics.

Also, do you have any way of measuring the PH?

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Lmao.... your previous post didn't show up yet..

All I saw was... see the bottle in the picture.

Lol

Sorry bro

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Perfect, Based on what your saying, it's just nute burn.

Sounds like you're watering fine.

But, miracle grow can be hot on seedlings, combine that with a full strength dose of nutes...

You should be fine, I'd just water again next time, and then next time start 1/4 strength feeding. Problem is, I'm not familiar with your nutes, so I don't know what PPM your feeding is at... and not knowing the PH of the Runoff makes it harder to be precise.

Either way, skipping a feeding and starting at 1/4 maybe 1/2 strength isn't going to hurt anything, next time you water have some PH drops, or a Ph meter ready so you can measure the runoff. Then you can dial it precisely.

Other than that, everything looks good and they really aren't even burnt bad.

TyChe

Okay. Cool. Damn. Yeah I have 3 meters. Dont ask long story. I only wanted 1 but ended up with 3. Yeah its a Hanna meter. Okay well is there any way I can convert them to a deep water culture setup? Im about to go and set up my seeds that just popped. They ARE GROWING!!!!:dance013: yeah my ppm was at 1030 and the ph was at 6.49 when I checked it. I added 15 ml of micro to a gallon of distilled water then added 15 ml of grow to it. Checked it and it was at 6.49. I can also check the electro something too. Anyways sorry for the long responses. :jump:

MileHighGuy

Veteran
for sure, I understand how you feel about not being able to ask questions around town.

You can convert them to deep water culture, but don't do it.

just stick with soil, ride this one out, learn about everything and then try that next time.

KISS

are you in western or eastern colorado?

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Nice choice of strain, always wanted to run some bubblegum. Mmmmm bubblegum... those colors are going to be awesome!

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Borrowed this from another site,.... Hope Rusty doesn't mind!

It's a very helpful diagnostic questionnaire;

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Troubleshooting Form - Peat-based mediums

Copy and Paste this form to your own post.

This form is to help us understand your grow enviornment and equipment, what was happening and what's happening now.
Keep in mind that it's in your best interests to answer as many of the questions as possible, to get the most accurate and timely diagnosis.
It's understood that not all growers will be able to answer every question, but try to be thorough.
After all...they're your meds.
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank those that contributed (directly or indirectly) to the construction of this form.
Y'all's help is greatly appreciated...
stinkyattic, headshake, Italiano715, Phatesh101 and PsychoForBud.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is your experience level? (first timer, novice, experienced...)

Your Equipment:
.1) Type and wattage of lights. (MH, HPS, CFL's, tube fluorescents, LED's)
.2) Distance from tops?
.3) Reflector type? (cool tube set-up, bat wing, enclosed reflector, bare bulb...)
.4) Is there a consistent fresh air supply?
.5) Do you have an exhaust fan and a circulation fan?
.6) What are the bulb wattages, kelvin ratings, and schedule?

Your medium:
.7) Specific brand and type of soil, (coco, peat based soilless...) and anything you've added to it. (vermiculite, perlite, worm castings...)
.8) Size of container.
.9) Did you use peat pucks (or similar) to root clones or germinate seedlings?

Your nutrients and water:
10) Source of water? (tap, bottled or filtered) What's it's ph before adjusting?
11) Method of checking water ph. (ph pen, test strips, aquarium test kit...)
12) Method of adjusting water ph. (phosphoric acid, white vinegar, hydrated lime, PH Up...)
13) Specific brand and N-P-K ratio for each bottle. List dosages (quantity per gallon) and current feeding schedule.
14) How often are you watering between feedings, and how much per watering?
15) Any additives or tea's? (Superthrive, CalMag, molasses, Mother's Earth...)
16) Are your ph levels stable, or do they fluctuate?
17) What is your ingoing water's ph? ...your runoff ph?
18) Do you foliar feed? If so, with what, how often, and at what time do you spray?

Your growroom:
19) Indoors or outdoors?
20) What size of closet, room or hut?
21) What are the temps and humidity levels while lights are on? ...With lights off?
22) Have you seen signs of insects in the growroom?

Your strain:
23) What strain are you growing? (Indica dominate or Sativa dom?)
24) From seeds or clones?
25) Is this an autoflower strain?

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Hows that for information overload,..... Now if I only actually had enough experience to properly utilize it! :D

TyChe

lmao Okay. didnt think you were serious.... I like that Keep it stupid simple. Well I flushed them and they went all leaning and stuff. I think they will do fine. Im going to transplant them into some bigger pots with some fox farms soil. Maybe the ocean floor stuff. Im going to stop messin with them and just let them do their thing. Cant wait to start getting all of this in hydro. Growing faster. Plus hydro IMO is much easier. This is my first marijuana frow but not my first grow. I usually do a deep water culture with my garden herbs.

TyChe

Okay, I flushed them with distilled water and they seem to be doing good now. The yellowing has stopped and they are recovering. The water that came out of the bottom was at a ph of 6.3-5.9 depending on the pot it came out of. Im going to buy bigger containers and better soil, transplant then leave them alone. Lesson #1 dont water seedlings with nutes. CHECK!!!!
Lesson #2 dont water your plants every other day. CHECK!!!!

TyChe

The AFTERMATH!!! And one mistake smarter

The AFTERMATH!!! And one mistake smarter

Okay here is the Update... I bought 2 bags of Fox Farms Ocean Forest. AND transplanted into 6 1 gallon pots. Fingers crossed!!!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts