What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First post and first grow

rockymountainJ

Don't be discouraged dude!! All I ever get are lurkers, and a few regulars.... just the nature of the beast around here.... maybe if you put glue or kush in your thread name all the cool kids will show up.... lol joke cheers everyone

Don't be discouraged dude!! All I ever get are lurkers, and a few regulars.... just the nature of the beast around here.... maybe if you put glue or kush in your thread name all the cool kids will show up.... lol joke cheers everyone

Lol well thank you for the response man. The main reason I started this journal was to get some input and learn as a community but it doesn't look like that's going to happen lol.

Looks good brotha! Also sorry about your loss. The best way to get The most out of this site is just poke around. 400 watt light you can get 5-8 onions I bet. I like to do 1 plant in 4x4 tent buds laying against the walls! Veg is just as important as any other phase of growth! Good veg can be very rewarding. Keep it up! Welcome to ICmag

Looks good brotha! Also sorry about your loss. The best way to get The most out of this site is just poke around. 400 watt light you can get 5-8 onions I bet. I like to do 1 plant in 4x4 tent buds laying against the walls! Veg is just as important as any other phase of growth! Good veg can be very rewarding. Keep it up! Welcome to ICmag

Hey man, thank you for the response. Are you saying you expect me to get 5-8 ounces for every 4 plants? Or are you saying all of them total? The plan is to harvest 4 plants every 3 weeks. A perpetual grow with rooted clones going right in to flower. That's the plan at least lol

I use 480w and get around 4-8 oz depending on the strain. If your doing a perpetual grow I bet 1-2oz per plant if you got 4 of em. Nothings set in stone tho. One thing I found helpful is cleaning the threads and cap on your nutrients. It only takes a second and a piece of toilet paper. Your nitrients will be good to the last drop :) also use a measuring shot glass for your juice I use to use syringes and I think I ruined nutrients doing that. Too hard to clean em and it just contaminates other nutrients. When you use the shot glass just rinse and dry it that way if you pour too much you can pour some back into the jug without worrying about tap water fucking up your juice. I have OCD also lol

KingSkillz

Still trying to figure this site out. Wanted to quote the measuring cup response. I use squeeze bottles. Works great. Once i got the feel down I don't even measure. I can peg 1-2-3 tsp..... what ever no problem

KingSkillz

Np. I messed with tipping the bottles. Nope. Done with that. Flippin easy this way. Probably switching to self feeding blumat water feeders. Even easier

I use 480w and get around 4-8 oz depending on the strain. If your doing a perpetual grow I bet 1-2oz per plant if you got 4 of em. Nothings set in stone tho. One thing I found helpful is cleaning the threads and cap on your nutrients. It only takes a second and a piece of toilet paper. Your nitrients will be good to the last drop :) also use a measuring shot glass for your juice I use to use syringes and I think I ruined nutrients doing that. Too hard to clean em and it just contaminates other nutrients. When you use the shot glass just rinse and dry it that way if you pour too much you can pour some back into the jug without worrying about tap water fucking up your juice. I have OCD also lol

I really hope I get 1-2 Oz per plant. That would be absolute best case scenario. Reading your response was like talking to myself. Everything you described is literally exactly what I do with my nutrients. Nice to meet another OCD grower lol!

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=66450&pictureid=1580023&thumb=1]View Image[/url] Still trying to figure this site out. Wanted to quote the measuring cup response. I use squeeze bottles. Works great. Once i got the feel down I don't even measure. I can peg 1-2-3 tsp..... what ever no problem

I think I'm going to have to give the squeeze bottles a go. That is such a great idea. Thank you for the tip, brother!

Hey everyone! Hope things are going well in your lives. Things are just moving along in my neck of the woods. Not much to update really. I've been reading a lot about how plants respond to different spectrum of light. I'm considering purchasing a sunmaster full nova bulb to have a much more broad spectrum of light to aid in the development of trichomes. I'm a firm believer in quality being more important than quantity.

Some pics:

KingSkillz

Hey everyone! Hope things are going well in your lives. Things are just moving along in my neck of the woods. Not much to update really. I've been reading a lot about how plants respond to different spectrum of light. I'm considering purchasing a sunmaster full nova bulb to have a much more broad spectrum of light to aid in the development of trichomes. I'm a firm believer in quality being more important than quantity.

Some pics:
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65920&pictureid=1590160&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65920&pictureid=1590162&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65920&pictureid=1590161&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
Cmh 315s are wonderful.

Cmh 315s are wonderful.

I've been wondering about 315's but I've never really been able to find out if they would work in a Solis Tek 600w ballast that I can dim to 400w. If I could, I'd use them in a heart beat lol. If not, it's more financially feasible to purchase a new bulb. I have my eye on the Sun Master full nova. It has a very broad spectrum of usable light. It even has more usable red than a hortilux super hps.

KingSkillz

Cmh 315w ballast are under 200. Some even at 150. A hood will run ya anywhere from 100-300 depending on brand. https://www.cycloptics.com/
Ordering 2 of those hoods. Taking down my 1000hps for 2 315w cmh. Probably going with a cheaper ballast than the cycloptics. You can find bulb, hood, ballast setups for about 400.

Cmh 315w ballast are under 200. Some even at 150. A hood will run ya anywhere from 100-300 depending on brand. https://www.cycloptics.com/
Ordering 2 of those hoods. Taking down my 1000hps for 2 315w cmh. Probably going with a cheaper ballast than the cycloptics. You can find bulb, hood, ballast setups for about 400.

I have the budget of a broke college student so a bulb is much more feasible for me lol. Let me know how it works for you, I'd be very interested in how you like it!