What's new

First led run

U

unthing

Yeah, major advantage in small spaces is the lack of heat. Still a bit expensive.

Bf, complicated setup:) Have you done scrogged or lst-ed runs with it?

bf74

Yeah, major advantage in small spaces is the lack of heat. Still a bit expensive.

Bf, complicated setup:) Have you done scrogged or lst-ed runs with it?
topping seems to have worked well but the single cola- vegged for2 weeks is as thick as my wrist at 35 days, this is with a 250w hps/350w led set-up. the hps is on only 8 hrs a day now. peace

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Maybe with salad.

Maybe with salad.

Oh well, I updated anyway..

Here's some more hairs.

picture.php

Those look right on track, for a single UFO.

Led grows transpire less, use less nutes, and, as a result, take longer to mature.
You could speed it up a little by adding some 660nm. (Deep red) light.
And I read claims that adding a single CFL will benefit a led grow.

Tried it, was not personally impressed.
This run, I'm adding a little 730nm. (Far red) at bedtime.
I'll post any difference found.

Aloha,
Weezard

U

unthing

Bf: That's really huge for a month of 12/12, Interesting to see how they end up.

Weezard: I'll keep that in mind(the light). Yes they are low maintenance, watering and feeding carefully, not only because of the lights but also because I added mycorrihiza to the soil in the beginning and don't want to kill that with too much ferts. It seems that the soil has good amount of nutriens left anyway.

For this run i'm gonna just use the ufo to see what can i do with it. Maybe upgrade or add multipe light sources later. The leds seem to be improving all the time and I was in a bit of hurry to purchase one at this point, but too interesting not to try and besides the lack of heat is really good thing. I'm also soon getting a little panel for cuts and seedlings.

Btw, what you guys think of penetration of single ufo, I know it's not much, but how much? Also the lack of stretch is interesting, why is this? Because of the blue or lack of some "far far red"-type of wavelenght?

bf74

ufo penetration

ufo penetration

Bf: That's really huge for a month of 12/12, Interesting to see how they end up.

Weezard: I'll keep that in mind(the light). Yes they are low maintenance, watering and feeding carefully, not only because of the lights but also because I added mycorrihiza to the soil in the beginning and don't want to kill that with too much ferts. It seems that the soil has good amount of nutriens left anyway.

For this run i'm gonna just use the ufo to see what can i do with it. Maybe upgrade or add multipe light sources later. The leds seem to be improving all the time and I was in a bit of hurry to purchase one at this point, but too interesting not to try and besides the lack of heat is really good thing. I'm also soon getting a little panel for cuts and seedlings.

Btw, what you guys think of penetration of single ufo, I know it's not much, but how much? Also the lack of stretch is interesting, why is this? Because of the blue or lack of some "far far red"-type of wavelenght?
Sweet lookin plants, healthy as could be- that has to perk you up a little bit huh? Knowing that your efforts are coming to fruit. In my experience the ufo( I may be wrong) has an effective penetrating range of 2 ft. Keep us posted. peace

bf74

If I could make a suggestion-it seems you're right at that point where some white light could be very beneficial to your grow. With my led grow-24w of white led helped immesurably. But I've also used 5000 and 6500k cfls with the same effect. Keep up the good work. You may want to ask CFL King but maybe 2700k would be better. peace

U

unthing

Thanks Bf

I'll keep that in mind, but I'm gonna keep this run purely ufo (think it as a "challenge"). I also have 100 watt hid lying around that was used as a veg light couple years ago came. Combining that with leds would be interesting as you have had quite success with it. But as of now, just ufo.

U

unthing

Hi

Another shot from another angle couple days later:

picture.php

Been thinking about what to differently next time, maybe more and smaller plants, maybe extra lights (like the 100w hps I have). Maybe this and that, but haven't decided yet what. My quess is that I have 5-7 weeks to go with these strains at the moment counting the delay in flowering by leds.

So far I've been satisfied with china ufo's results, especially after reading about the shit ones floating around. Also got one those 14 w panels for cuttings and seedlings.

U

unthing

Update

Update

Another shot from the top, picture's amazingness partly due my left hand raising the lamp and right taking a picture.

picture.php

420ish

your grow looks awesome.keep up the good work!i never tryed to flower with my ufo.use it for vegging and works great

U

unthing

Thanks 42Oish and DrRight

Here's a picture of tiny nebula clone from the quite recently started microveg chamber. I also have grape krush, grenadella and papaya seedlings to be sexed, and couple of bubblegums and wreck-cuts waiting for their turn under the pink glow. In time I'll give them their own thread.

picture.php

LED's sure to put out an interesting visible light spectrum, and at only 90watts of power your plants are looking great. I wish the prices of those UFO lights would drop because that thing looks perfect for veg.

:joint: Good work

U

unthing

Thanks CW

Their prices are coming down all the time, and better alternatives might pop up at some point too, especially if one is diy-capable. I checked the specs of my ufo and it seems to be a model with 460 nm and 630 nm emitters (missing the 660 nm and whole bunch of other stuff, if I've correctly understood stuff from the led lab 2009-thread in the micro-section.)

The plants are about day 45 of 12/12 of now. We'll see how long it will take to finish them all. Especially when the berry-cut and haze-cut need 10 and 12 weeks with hid..maybe 14 weeks with ufo? We'll see..Since the stretch seems to be quite minimal I must try something sativa-ish in the future more. Maybe another type of ledlamp too. For myself even the ufo seems to be enough for these consumption levels so no need to put the 250 w hps back. Also not saying that they are comparable.

picture.php

S

Seismic

Looking good unthing, I always like seeing people experimenting with new growing tech:joint: Good luck dude.