unthing

Another update

Another update

Thanks Seismic

Today we're gonna have pictures with the light on:

picture.php

and

picture.php

This run is with 4 plants. When it's finished in the summer, the next one is going to be maybe with 6 plants. Little bit smaller in size probably.

U

unthing

Update

Update

Some of them might get the chop in 3-4 weeks. We'll see.

picture.php

U

unthing

Finally added couple of fans to suck ufo's warmer exhaust air out of the cab. Probably not affecting this grow much at this stage, but for the next one surely, especially because of summer nearing.

picture.php

U

unthing

Getting there..

Getting there..

Stopped giving nutrients week ago as they are quite green at day 55 of 12/12. Some weeks to go(3 maybe)still, but I'm not in a hurry now.

I kinda like the ufo even when it's lacking penetration and spectrum of what could be. Lack of heat is great and they seem to be capable of producing. Of course the marketing hype got in the way. I'm gonna go for leds now on pretty much. Great for smaller personal grows in my opinion. Now I need to dial it in.

picture.php

U

unthing

Dont' have any new pictures now, But I want to address few things:

These things are expensive and experimental now. I quess the ufo I'm using is already obsolete tech, so much better stuff is coming in few years.

U

unthing

Well..

The AKs ( I originally thought that I had some other hybrid besides the AK, but they seem so similar to me that probably the same thing) and Blueberry got the chop, bit over 60 days as clones.

Hairs were mostly red/brown and the trichomes milky/clear with maybe random amber here and there. So maybe a bit early, but don't mind headhigh (or the closest equivalent these got). Originally thought that it would take much longer for them to get to a decent state for harvest.

The Wreck still continues as it is from seed and is white hairs mostly at the moment. But I don't think that it will more than 1-2 weeks. Biggest of them all and that's big in the 100 w scale. It had couple of weeks of advance in veg time.

For the nex run not gonna add any more lights but to dial-in what I got for some time. Got some clones and seedlings waiting for the last one of this run to get chopped. This time I got lazy on lst-sector (I prefer lst for scrog in multi-strain run)because the stretch wasn't big, mostly the wreck got tied up, which resulted in multiple tops. Nex time, more of that.

Nice grow, the wreck is looking great :joint:

I wish the UFO light was affordable at only 90w that is pretty amazing. Plus you don't have to worry about any extreme heat issues. Manufacturers need to tone down the marketing hype on these LED's though and definately not compare them to a 400w hps. I definately like your results with ufo LED lamp. Now if they can only find a way to drop the price to around 60-80$ :D.

Anymore detail for your next grow? How about 2 of the ufo's side by side?

U

unthing

Yeah and thanks CW

For what I've seen with my grow and the others this thing doesn't equal more than 100-150 hps (150 watt hps probably win). I remember something similar when the nurturelite-stuff came out it had same kind of hype. Like 200w cfl produced useable light more than or equal to 600 w hps..

But anyway, lack of heat is great for small spaces, but 3 fans within ufo isn't that great considering stealth.

For the next grow just gonna go with the ufo. Unless I somehow get inspired and hook up my 100 or 250 watt hps, but probably not as I want to see what I can do just with it. Or some clearly superior led-system shows up. But then again what ufo is producing by itself is enough for my consumption.

U

unthing

Chop Chop

Chop Chop

We're almost at the end of this thread, chopped the last one down, some yield results later.

Well the hairs weren't that white, total time was 66 days (real start date was 28th of march, but started counting on april fool's day) on 11,5/12,5-cycle (the halfhour thing was no experiment, I noticed it at a state where didn't care any more).

This thing is not equivalent of 400 w, but gives you bud still. Next year when they're hopefully cheap, decent alternative for cfls in smaller grows.

picture.php

great thread, i always wondered what the real capabilities of those ufos were. Im thinkin of buyin one for some supplemental light. Hows the bud taste compare to that grown under HID?

U

unthing

Hi

I haven't cured any yet so don't know. Bit afraid that this run might have a leafy taste for longer as the plants were quite green all way to the chop. I've heard that organics don't need flush, but I don't think that you can really count bbizz-ferts and four year old reused commercial garden soil as organics. Next time gonna put more detail to that among other things.

Hampun Henki

This turned out nice. My own led project really didn't survive the moisture problem I had so I had to harvest it and got basicly no bud.:wallbash:

U

unthing

Sad to hear that HH 'cause it was interesting one. I was wondering why there were no updates.

Latest posts

Latest posts