What's new

first grow

W

weedss

Hi, was reading this thread and after looking at the pics, I can tell you whats wrong. First is overwatering. The plant is under flouros and does not have the explosive growth that a HID does. I have found that I water way less under less intense lights. Second is the potassium def that is causing the purpling in the seedling. As the medium is overwatered, nutrient lockout is happening also. Look at threads in the infirmary and you will recognize your seedling's problem's.
Third is underwatering. You are letting the medium dry out to much. Look at those pics the coco is light brown , dried out looking. The key is to keep coco moist at all times, never dry, yet dont water log the roots.
And if I was you , I would ditch the Botanicare Cal mag and get some Magical from technaflora. Trust me, hands down the best cal mag I have ever used.
I also have some questions for you. At what ph are you watering your plant with? How often do you feed your plant? How often do you water?
Now a question about your nute's. What is your formula? meaning what is being used and at what strength.
We can help you get on track here if you answer my questions ok? Good luck .

Thanks for consideration. Theses days, I water when ever the medium is dry'ed. normally, 2~3days on 24/7 light cycle. My ph is 5.8. and I am not using Cal-mag. I mix RO and tap water 50/50 which makes 120ppm. and I put Micro to make 300. and then i use Bloom to make 550~600 ppm. every-time i water, I water til the run-off point. This is my first grow, and i realized that I shouldn't use just RO water. I took this advice for some user here and it seems working on my another seedlings too. and yes, i think i was under-watering and over-watering. I let the coco dry out too much like you said. and, I realized that even in the seedling stage, the root needs the nuts. this grow was stunted because i didn't use any nuts on seedling stage i was using stright RO water which has less ppm like 50 lolz. in this way the root didn't grow so plant didn't grow. and I used Cal-mag that time and i realize never use calmag before plant shows the sign too. and then the plant got burn from the light and nuts lock-out. this plant is still small man I wonder this is worth waiting!!

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
im sure the reason your seedling was stunted is because you used too much nutes. you don't need any in the first 2 weeks the seed has nutes already stored in it. giving nutes that early gave your seedling nute burns. you fixed that but now you are overwatering thats why the leaves are fat and droopy, you are watering too often and the roots aren't getting any oxygen.

W

weedss

RO water had no PPM this was the main reason the root grew so slow.
the plant looks better with less water run-off ill keep the posted

W

weedss

4 other seedling ( orange crush)

4 other seedling ( orange crush)

pic 3 is the newest plant but it's bigger then other older plants.
and new one is born today.

sensi star lolz still looks droopy. they seems sucking water faster then before.

4 seeding are 15~18 cm away from the lights. SS is 5 cm away from it. temp is good RH is stable.

sensi star is 25days old lol fuk fuk!

Attachments

• DSC03986.jpg
    DSC03986.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC03987.jpg
    DSC03987.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC03988.jpg
    DSC03988.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC03989.jpg
    DSC03989.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC03990.jpg
    DSC03990.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC03991.jpg
    DSC03991.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 14

NE_GROWER_978

Veteran
is that a rusty brown forming on the bottom of those leaves? and if YES can you see it forming on the top side of the leaf?

W

weedss

it's not brown. it's more like a purple?. anyway, I can see the rusty brown thing on the top side of the leaf. is this PH off?
I am going to transplant them into 1 gallon pot after 2~3 days.

Meraxes

Veteran
the new one's growing like a champ weedss, which strain is that? you'll find good genetics have high tolerance to many problems

W

weedss

that 4 of them is orange crush. we'll see how those do. welcome back man lolz

W

weedss

30days

30days

1 day after transplant. :bump:

Attachments

• DSC04010.jpg
    DSC04010.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 14

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
not bad but you still need to ease up on that watering. don't water again till the leaves on top straighten out. check your ph next time too, i think it might be too low.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Alot of good advice is being given to ya weeds ... things will come together for ya , just be patient & don't over love them . when you do water them , don't saturate them , give them a little at a time , let it soak in & then give them a little more till you just get a tiny bit of runoff .I use a 100ml syringe & thats usualy just right amount for seedlings in cups . with your temps & RH , you shouldn't have to water for about 3 days , maybe more . when the roots start filling the cups or pots you'll see they need more water more often . you'll be fine kiddo :)

my kid just dropped off a sensi star for me to make as a mom , so we can have cuts when needed . also dropped off a SD & a double bubble whatever the hell that is :) .

Good luck weeds , i'll see ya later :)

W

weedss

thanks guys. seems like they are liking new coco. I am gonna go easy on watering this time maybe 4~5 days. 4 orange crush is doing ok Dan. I am going to flip it together with sensi. I'll take ur advice. the brown spot is either tap water or bab coco. but after i transplant them it don't shows anymore. can't wait to see ur sensi growing in the future!

why didn't u use soil? its the best growing medium and its the natural way to grow... u can lose all of your problems with this....my advice.... i think soil it's the best...u can't compare with anything...use regular water, left for 24 hours to settle down...give them nutes when the girls ask for nutes. anyway it's a nice grow and i respect u for your work. keep it up, i will look forward to see how is evolving.

respect.

W

weedss

why didn't u use soil? its the best growing medium and its the natural way to grow... u can lose all of your problems with this....my advice.... i think soil it's the best...u can't compare with anything...use regular water, left for 24 hours to settle down...give them nutes when the girls ask for nutes. anyway it's a nice grow and i respect u for your work. keep it up, i will look forward to see how is evolving.

respect.

thanks buddy. it's not a nice grow tho. I fucked up too much and now I have to wait longer then I expected. thanks for stopping by !

man, nush ce dracu ai facut dar e destul de nasty ce ai tu acolo....ia de te apuca si punele in pamant, cred ca nu prea respira radacinile in cacatu ala de coco, punele cum au crescut pana acum cu tot cu coco ala in pamant...prea nu au crescut mai deloc...pune apa de la robinet lasata 24 de ore sa iasa cloru din ea....nutrienti dabea mai incolo man, dupa 1 luna de vegetatie....pana intr-o luna trebuie sa lasi fara ca sustine pamantul... nu te mai lua dupa toti astia man....e o buruiana ce dracu sa fim realisti, creste cel mai bine in pamant, si in plus cel mai bun gust si miros din pamant le obtii crede-ma. cu lumina stai bine. Vezi iar temperatura ai grija cu ea mai ales ca e frig afara, vezi sa ai cel putin 15-18 grade pentru vegetatie... in floare poate sa mai scada pana pe la 10 grade.

deci sa recapitulam:
1.muta-le in pamant
2.apa de la robinet lasata 24 de ore
3. fara nutrienti acum ABSOLUT DELOC ca le arzi radacinile si mor.
4. temperatura

chestia cu ph-ul e relativa in coco, d`asta te tot bat la cap cu pamantul...si e si mai ieftin, gasesti pe la toate supermarketurile ( cauta florasol [nu florisol sau alte cacaturi] )

ai grija de tine si stai safe ca e groasa prin perioadele astea...nu te intinde la mai mult de 2,3 fete...

cu respect.

Buju09

It's a shorty bushy land monster, AkA ole' grey beard lol jk. She's coming around looks like the new pot is helping her feel the love.

W

weedss

man, nush ce dracu ai facut dar e destul de nasty ce ai tu acolo....ia de te apuca si punele in pamant, cred ca nu prea respira radacinile in cacatu ala de coco, punele cum au crescut pana acum cu tot cu coco ala in pamant...prea nu au crescut mai deloc...pune apa de la robinet lasata 24 de ore sa iasa cloru din ea....nutrienti dabea mai incolo man, dupa 1 luna de vegetatie....pana intr-o luna trebuie sa lasi fara ca sustine pamantul... nu te mai lua dupa toti astia man....e o buruiana ce dracu sa fim realisti, creste cel mai bine in pamant, si in plus cel mai bun gust si miros din pamant le obtii crede-ma. cu lumina stai bine. Vezi iar temperatura ai grija cu ea mai ales ca e frig afara, vezi sa ai cel putin 15-18 grade pentru vegetatie... in floare poate sa mai scada pana pe la 10 grade.

deci sa recapitulam:
1.muta-le in pamant
2.apa de la robinet lasata 24 de ore
3. fara nutrienti acum ABSOLUT DELOC ca le arzi radacinile si mor.
4. temperatura

chestia cu ph-ul e relativa in coco, d`asta te tot bat la cap cu pamantul...si e si mai ieftin, gasesti pe la toate supermarketurile ( cauta florasol [nu florisol sau alte cacaturi] )

ai grija de tine si stai safe ca e groasa prin perioadele astea...nu te intinde la mai mult de 2,3 fete...

cu respect.

man.. I am not Romanian haha. thanks for does words tho i understand little bit of it haha

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
its not that fucked up, you're only a couple weeks from seed. just gotta get a better handle on your watering. your medium retains a lot of water it seems and your plant hasn't grown enough to use it all up in a short time. i would just water a little bit down the sides of the pot every couple of days. like 1/4cup of water. real small amount just to keep the roots at the edge from drying out while the middle of the pot dries out. in the future you might want to use pots that are wider than they are tall. it will help with your "soil" mix staying too wet. i notice this with my plants in cups. they dry out on the sides faster than the middle. so i usually let em get really dry looking before i water again.