What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First Grow and setting up a $43 eBay 2x2 grow tent.

Riviera123

Ok just waiting on 2x2 tent and was wondering about the light hood and CFL that Corky recomended has a 19x 19 inch reflector , would that be ok in that space

corky1968

Veteran
Maybe just wait until you get the tent before buying anything else.
Then you figure it all out with your pots inside for comparison,etc.

BTW: If you do see something else don't be shy to try it out.
I'm sure there's better stuff out there. All I did was give you
some suggestions.

You'll do fine. Just take your time and plan carefully.

Don't buy something unless your really sure.

There's lots of info in here and online to guide you. :tiphat:

Riviera123

Well I think 3' ' high will be ok and I already ordered the 250 watt CFL . I plan on doing Hempy 16 oz party cup sog In this $43 eBay tent that measures 2 x 2 x 3 feet high . So step one receive seeds I ordered them over 20 days ago from worldwide seeds and have not received them. Then I was going to plant those into Hempy cup in mother ship contraption mad out of Rubbermaid bins with around 85 watts of CFL . Then in a couple of months make clones by trimming and putting them directly into Hempy bucket 16 oz cups where they will be 21 days in mother ship then put them into the flower tent ( the 2x2x3 foot $43 eBay grow tent with 250 watt CFL . I'm just basing all these plans on what I have read and not xperience so I have a plan but open to thoughts on where I may be on the wrong track

Riviera123

Still need to work on ventilation I have 1 120 ml plug in fan in mother ship now on bottom for intake but will need exhaust for both tents . Was thinking of venting straight to attic or a carbon filter and fan with hose teed off and coming from both flower tent and mother ship . I also have 3 mor of those 120 ml fans from eBay I bought left too if I can use them somewhere. Would passive intake be ok for 2x 2 tent ? . Thanks for the input it really helps to have some expericed folks . I also plan on using straight perlite in Hempy cups since it's all I have. Got it from Home Depot ,

Riviera123

The mother clone box measures 27" wide 13 deep and 29 " high so I have to keep things small in there as well . Thinking 4 2 liter Hempy for mothers to start then whining down to 1 mother . Also need room for clones in party cups that will be transferred to the 2x2 tent after they have rooted . Does this sound jivey?

corky1968

Veteran
Soil is clean and more natural to grow in.
I'll walk you thru that when you get there.
You can also go 50/50 soil/perlite.
It's your call.

Riviera123

I did get 1 bag of soil from Walmart that is called Just Natural Organic potting soil . It says it has worm castings and is 100 % organic . But it's kinda woody like mulch and a bit heavy . I got it not knowing what to get for soil if I decided to use it .

corky1968

Veteran
Mix it up with some perlite then. Perlite is light and will make that
soil less heavy. The worm castings and soil will feed your plants for
the 1st 2 weeks so you don't have to add any nutrients.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Mix it up with some perlite then. Perlite is light and will make that
soil less heavy. The worm castings and soil will feed your plants for
the 1st 2 weeks so you don't have to add any nutrients.

Either that, or cut it with some promix. I just bought some of that at Home Depot because my normal garden store was closed and I needed the dirt. I cut it with promix, and I think it's gonna work just fine.

About your tent. I have bought several of the cheap tents off from Ebay. More than likely it's gonna have some pinhole light leaks. You can do a couple layers of duct tape over the pinholes, or hand a piece of plastic to block any light. If your in a room that will stay dark totally during lights out, your prolly good. But If not your gonna need to address the pinholes.

You did the right thing coming to this forum. Lot's of cool peeps with lots of experience.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I did get 1 bag of soil from Walmart that is called Just Natural Organic potting soil . It says it has worm castings and is 100 % organic . But it's kinda woody like mulch and a bit heavy . I got it not knowing what to get for soil if I decided to use it .

Most box store soils have a forest in them (inferior amendment). Better to go to a plant nursery to buy soil, compost.

Riviera123

It's in a closet do I even need a tent ? But how do I take care of odor issues ? Can I just put a carbon filter and fan in closet?