What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First Grow and setting up a $43 eBay 2x2 grow tent.

Riviera123

Hello I bought a 2x2 grow tent on eBay that is 36" tall with free shipping for $43 US ,This purchasing decision came after spending countless hours and $50 in materials making my own same size diy grow cabinet out of plastic totes.So I'm a newbie and just wanted to start small
So I could use some expertise opinions on choosing a light ,filter and fan for 2 x2 grow. I'm thinking about using the 2 liter sog with Hempy
Or soil in flower tent. Any suggestions are welcome pertaining to the my current progression on this project . :thank you:Do I need to filter mother box too
Seeds - sour kush - four seeds:thank you:

St. Phatty

Public storage places sometimes sell a 'wardrobe box', about 4 feet high, 2 feet wide, 18 inches deep. It's a cardboard box with a steel-cross brace.

Work great for a small grow if you add some ventilation and good lights !

OR ... I like working with 1/4 inch baltic birch plywood for making custom boxes. You can cut it with a utility knife. Not easy, it takes about 3 hard cuts on each side before you can snap it and get a clean edge. It comes in 4 foot square pieces at a lot of hardware stores. for $10.

You can buy angle brackets or make your own using 2x2 pine.

And ... it can all be done using hand-tools.

Riviera123

Yes sounds like you are a good handyman. I was a little afraid of cardboard cause of possible fire issue. Thanks I had fun building box but it was time consuming. Now,just need some guidance on rest of set up for 2x2 tent

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
A big cfl & reflector hood

I just got some 300w equivalent compact fluorescents from Lowe's for about $13 each if I remember price - I'll look up my old post. Leds might also be a good choice.

Fan/filter might be tricky in 2x2, but there are excellent threads in micro grow section that'll help.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65545

corky1968

Veteran
Could have got this on Ebay. LOLZ :woohoo:

SpongeBob Tent Playhut
for US $22.99

Dimensions: (36.22" L x 36.22" W x 41.34" H)

s-l300.jpg

Riviera123

Lol wow tent bigger than mine thanks for other suggestion on big CFL I didn't know they came that big

Riviera123

Utilitech 65-Watt (300W Equivalent) 2,700K Spiral Medium Base (E-26) Soft White Outdoor CFL Bulb. Is this the bulb you recommend ? From lowes how many bulbs for 2x2 and are you talking about making your own reflector ?

Riviera123

Yes and only $9 but how many like 3 and is 6500 ok for flowering which I'm doing in 2 x 2 tent . Thanks

corky1968

Veteran
Yes and only $9 but how many like 3 and is 6500 ok for flowering which I'm doing in 2 x 2 tent . Thanks

Actually it's for only 1 bulb. There's 3 listings of that bulb. Check again.

The fine print: Package Includes: 1 - Apollo Horticulture 60 Watt CFL Light Bulb

I don't see why you can't vegetate and flower with those bulbs if you wanted to.
I was vegging under some T-5 6500 K and 10000K. I'm now flowering with a
600 watts MH and my bulb is actually 7200K.

Higher K just means more blue light.

You'll vegetate better with a bluer light and can still flower with it if you really want.

Most people flower with HPS when they go bigger. I stuck with MH for the bluer spectrum.

Riviera123

Hi I see so you are saying use 1 60 watt CFL to flower in 2x2 tent . Just a little brain fart here
Thanks for your reply

corky1968

Veteran
You'll probably need a couple.

Normally people use anywhere from 30-75 watts per sq.ft. of surface area.

So I bet 3 or 4 of them would be cool.

Riviera123

So would using 3 of these 60 watt CFL would be good for 2x2 tent , I was thinking of using a clamp on hanging reflector for each one bot reflectors are 8.5 inch in diameter so may be crowding things

corky1968

Veteran
K Corky so 3 bulbs with 3 reflectors thanks

If you go with that entire 250 watt setup I just linked. Just get one.
It would cheaper to get that then those 3 bulbs I mentioned earlier
and 3 reflectors for those bulbs. Not to mention it would a lot brighter.

:tiphat:

Riviera123

Wow it looks nice good choice and I thank you so it does come in 2700 too but that's not so critical from what I already learned from you

Latest posts

Latest posts