What's new

First grow:600w (1)dwc (1)soil Strain:humberry

hey bl that some good lst work there!

mh will help keep the stretch down but much of it is due to the genetics.

ive read about the 36 hours dark kickstarting flowering too - but i guess you miss out a days growth though.

good luck

V.

hey verdant thanks for stopping bye. i think ill just throw the hps in there today, i dont think stretching will be a great concern anyhow. i checked out your grow, really like what you got going. love the screen setup, im going to do something like that in the future. your system would work great for me since i plan on eventually having a rotation with plants at stages of flower.

Trillyen

not a bad looking grow man, looks clean and over all nice set up

looks like u are just gonna have the 2, didnt read over the notes much but i hope they are both ladies for ya

and the stickiest of the icky!!!

Yes you can do the pinch and bend over method up until flowerinng. But not after. That is something that I like to start when they are about 12 inches high and after a couple weeks you will not only be doing the tops but also branches that have reached the top. In the end you should have a nice domed top to the plant.
I will have to do another picture tutorial on my next grow on this method. People have a tendancy to break off their tops because they fail to take the time to crush the stem gently all the way around first. And then some try to do it in flower and really mess things up.

mist- thanks again for the tips. i have 4 clones that are rooting, so ill get to experiment with some different methods and see the results. i will give your method a try for sure. i will look forward to checking out your grow and your tutorial if you do it.

not a bad looking grow man, looks clean and over all nice set up

looks like u are just gonna have the 2, didnt read over the notes much but i hope they are both ladies for ya

and the stickiest of the icky!!!

trillyen- thanks man, ya they are both females as i got a few clones from a friend. i have another 4 clones that are rooting right now. i plan on flowering 2 of them in dwc buckets and the other 2 in smaller soil buckets ( smaller since i wont veg them for long, these two girls have been vegging for ages )

first day 12/12

first day 12/12

picture.php

picture.php

greetings all, today i set my timer for 12/12 and swapped the mh for the hps bulb.

ive seen that some people run a slightly higher ph during flower than veg, any comments on this?

dwc bucket: ph-5.7 ppm-750

soil: ph-6.4 ppm-240

first time i have checked the ppm of the soil water before giving it to her. since ive only been using light grow big every other water. going to start using the tiger bloom soon as well as the big bloom.

Standaman

Bandonlooper1- Hey hey that is a tidy lil set-up you got going on there mate. Are you looking to put a screen at some point or you leaving them?

About your clones i would say if they are rooted maybe 1 week more of veg and throw them in, it would be a shame to cull them so i say throw them in so long as they have a few nodes

Your roots look sweet IMO white at the bottom and a lil off colour at the top (due to air) or so i believe. Keep doin what your doin i say.

Where is the 2nd lining tray for the floor of your tent? Did you get one? Mine has saved my arse big time 60+ litres all over the floor while i was out and it held every last drop! I just love Secret Jardin!!!

Anyway good luck

Bandonlooper1- Hey hey that is a tidy lil set-up you got going on there mate. Are you looking to put a screen at some point or you leaving them?

About your clones i would say if they are rooted maybe 1 week more of veg and throw them in, it would be a shame to cull them so i say throw them in so long as they have a few nodes

Your roots look sweet IMO white at the bottom and a lil off colour at the top (due to air) or so i believe. Keep doin what your doin i say.

Where is the 2nd lining tray for the floor of your tent? Did you get one? Mine has saved my arse big time 60+ litres all over the floor while i was out and it held every last drop! I just love Secret Jardin!!!

Anyway good luck

hey stan- thanks for dropping bye. i didnt have my floor installed for a while but i got it in there now. im going to do a scrog like "verdantgreen" is using, but i wont get that going until i flower the clones that are rooting now. i hope he doesnt mind but here is a pic from his thread to show you what im going to do.
picture.php

Standaman

Yeah thats the kind of Scrog i'm looking to set up. it gives you a little more space to work in your tent, my current one is doing my head in.
But thats what this whole experience is about for me trial and error

yah i think this will be pretty awesome. allow you to rotate the pots around and also will work great for a flower chamber that has plants of different size and maturity

Standaman

Yes i love my 240 i'm not impressed with the BudBoxes though they smell of plastic and broke a zip already too Secret Jardin ok has tiny tiny pinholes buts zips are way better and the whole thing is just designed better because you can access from 4 doors which is great running a Scrog

well i got my second tent that i ordered and have started to put it together. i will try to use it for mothers and clones and seedlings. ill throw up the specs for it and all the gear with my next update along with pics of everything.

the 2 girls that i just put into flower seem to be doing great. the roots in the dwc bucket are becoming to big for the 3 gallon bucket. i hope the top fits on a 5 gallon, im gonna try this tommorow. all the pics ive taken suck because of the hps...i guess i should take them right when the light goes out. no bud formation yet so nothing really to see. hopefully next update will be more exciting than this one....

Nice lookin setup. Subscribed! :smile:

hey growmeds, thanks for coming bye, i visited your thread. you got some great looking meds going in that tent of yours. damn shame about the hermie situation. im worried about that eventually happening myself, not that i have a reason to worry at the moment, just so much time and energy goes into this. it would crush me :wallbash:

today i got my seed packs that i ordered. only took 6 days. wow. very happy about that :woohoo:

so i am soaking 3 fem beans

1 - fem ghs cheese

1- fem ghs big bang

1 - fem ghs super lemon haze

if all goes as planned i will make the cheese and slh into mothers for my next run, and throw the big bang and a couple clones of the humberry that are rooting now, into 1 gallon buckets and get them into flower asap.
the tent is getting pretty full as the dwc plant is really growing now that shes in the 5 gallon bucket. i think there is room for a few 1 gallon pots in there, i will prolly try "lolipop" them and get them to grow 1 big cola each.

no pics of the veg tent yet, it isnt much to see but ill run you through the specs of it so far:

2'x4'x5.5'

125 w cfl with hydrofarm reflector

6" duct booster fan for outflow

passive intake flaps on bottom

sednal

You had to one up us on everything :) i debated bigger tent and going hydro, but being an outdoor grower for years now its quite frankly frightning, mabye you could give me some tips since were both tent growers. I am also open to using a type of scrog vs our low stress training but my sig other is highly opposed i need to present a solid presentation of why :) Bty if you want some help working out a dark vent for any size i will gladly give any advice i have found good. Opening and closing vents daily puts stress on tent materials and we cant be having that.

Question: do you find the 2 4" blowers going at the same cfm create a neutral air flow? We like having the air cycled in our tent..new grower here could just be us and old ideas?

Question 2: What are your intake temps? ours are 64-66 F at all times. We trying to figure why your tent is running so much hotter and our light is not A/C #1 and #2 we are running one centrifugal and not 2 like you, also what do you think about us removing 1 of the plants, i really feel like their choking each other for light.

Hope all is going well gonna burn some CH9 XX now :)

sednal

he does indeed, those are some good looking roots for a first grow in hydro, good luck hun!:joint:

You had to one up us on everything :) i debated bigger tent and going hydro, but being an outdoor grower for years now its quite frankly frightning, mabye you could give me some tips since were both tent growers. I am also open to using a type of scrog vs our low stress training but my sig other is highly opposed i need to present a solid presentation of why :) Bty if you want some help working out a dark vent for any size i will gladly give any advice i have found good. Opening and closing vents daily puts stress on tent materials and we cant be having that.

Question: do you find the 2 4" blowers going at the same cfm create a neutral air flow? We like having the air cycled in our tent..new grower here could just be us and old ideas?

Question 2: What are your intake temps? ours are 64-66 F at all times. We trying to figure why your tent is running so much hotter and our light is not A/C #1 and #2 we are running one centrifugal and not 2 like you, also what do you think about us removing 1 of the plants, i really feel like their choking each other for light.

Hope all is going well gonna burn some CH9 XX now :)

sednal, thanks for joining my thread. from what i have read and learned so far proper ventalation is very improtant so i figured spending the extra $100 to get another 4" fan was worth it. i run them both all the time. i ordered a speed controller for the intake fan so i could turn it down a little bit and get a slight negative pressure, from the way i understand it this is what you want.

i pull air from outside, which lately has been in the low 70's during the day. i have my lights on from 8 pm - 8 am to help control the temps during the day. when the lights are on we're about 4-5 degrees f over the ambient temps. if it gets to cold at night i just take the vent out of the window and draw my intake from inside the house. so far this seems to work.

about the scrog - i went and got some square buckets today and when i get some time im going to make up a few scrog buckets like the one i posted out of verdants thread. prolly will wait till next flower cycle before i use them. hopefully they will work well enough to convince you to do the same. :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts