What's new

First grow:600w (1)dwc (1)soil Strain:humberry

thanks growmeds, i love the look and smell of them so far. cant wait to harvest though so i can get rid of this powder mildew. i guess it was my only serious problem, other than over and under feeding as well has messing up the ph for the first 2-3 weeks, ha guess it wasnt so smooth of a ride :wallbash: ohh well, heres to next time !

off to the 30x microscope store now

and for those of you keeping score at home i have now killed the slh and all of her clones as the pm had been passed to her. so now as soon i harvest i will scrub down every thing with bleach water and hopefully it wont come back.this harvest was really affected by it :fsu:

tonight when the light came on i was very suprised to see the powder mildew had finally started to win the battle. i had to make a decision to spray them down once more with the spray i have been using or chop them early. since the soil plant was falling over more and more each time i moved her, and the hydro plant was falling all over itself, with about 20 of the 25 tops no longer able to support themselves.i decided to chop them down.

im not happy about this at all, but i am sick of fighting the powder mildew and at this point it was only on a few of the lower buds and some of the fan leaves.

after trimming everything up i figure i tossed about 5-10% of the bud and 100% of the trim.

so i chopped them 1 week earlier then the 60 day chop the cloner told me to do. i hope i made the right choice, i figure it was a lose/lose situation.

i fail

well im done pouting about the humberry grow, i spent all day today cleaning and getting the tent ready for the next round.

i wiped everything down with 10% bleach water, hopefully the pm is gone for good now.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey mate those buds looked pretty ripe anyway - have you smoked any yet??

good air movement helps with PM, as does repotting before they get potbound and not over-feeding (especially N)

V.

hey verdant- thanks for stopping by again man. i think the humberry plants got the pm when i was at my previous house, i moved about 4 weeks into having them. i had the worst airflow set up at first, mostly just being clueless. hopefully my problem isnt in my current setup, but pm was already in the plants from being in prior basement

ya ive smoked about a gram of it, pretty harsh, but that was 3 day dry with no cure. some crackle when i smoked it, tasted ok through my vapor bros though. im sure with a cure it will taste a bit better. i kept 300gr ( wet ) of smaller nugs. also about 35-40 top branches that are 6-10 inches long. unfortanetly a lot of it has trace amounts of pm. you gotta really look close to see it and most all of it is on stem. pretty sad since i figure it is close to 8 ounces of pretty good bud.

after getting the tent scrubbed i got these 4 moved in. front left is himilayan gold by ghs (fem) and the other 3 are salmon creek big bud ( unknown sex ). they have been under a 150w hydrofarm cfl unit, so they will hopefully bulk up a bit under the 600w mh. they are 25 days old from when they broke the soil.

picture.php

picture.php