What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First Grow - 250W Cab - Hydro drip system - F13 from seed

greenpenguin

Smoke report!

Smoke report!

Well, I've cured it for ever a month now, actually celebrated on 4/18 with a first taste after a full month of cure. Total weight was 3.14 ounces, and it's actually still curing now.

I figure I should give a smoke report on this. I'll try not to be biased :yeahthats.

For the month it's been curing it looks beautiful, each bud is still intact, they really look just like the flowers they were when I first trimmed them, the calyxes are beautiful, some purple, some not. nice orange hairs. I'm really proud of the way it looks.

I looked at it under the microscope and saw that many of the flowers probably could have gone longer in the grow. I noticed a decent amount of clear trichomes and a few amber, I think it could have gone maybe a week longer.

As for the actual smoking....

The smoke is pretty smooth but slightly expansive in the chest. There is a smooth airy taste to the F13. The onset of the high is rapid and has a strong head high, anxiety is not an issue with this. I don't think this F13 is a social high, it wants experience, it yearns for sensation and really excels at bringing out the sensation. This F13 really enhanced music, food, mixed with a few cig puffs and you have total relaxation. It really enhances sex as well. It does result in cottonmouth so keep water handy. The end of the high really swings into a body high and may lead to sedation... though that might be because I tend to smoke late.

Anyhow, I must say that I wasn't sure what to expect from the F13, I knew it was a 60/40 Sativa dominant hybrid and I am aware of it's lineage, and I even sampled the premature flowers but this high is very different from what that was like. I am very happy with what I have produced and this high really fits a lot of the criteria I was looking for.

I'm not really interested in producing the craziest most potent flowers, I don't want to be completely floored by my weed and I don't want to be tripping balls either. I wanted an enjoyable high, that really enhanced my senses, with low anxiety and I got it. Now if I could get it to not cause cottonmouth I'd be golden. I'm gonna go eat some ice cream now. :joint:

shirty

Nice grow man , well done ! :jump:Im impressed by your efforts & the detail in your grow diary too :respect:

I also have an added personal interest , as Ive had to downgrade my usual grow from 600w HPS to a dual 250watt cabi Im building & fitting out as we speak, so anything & all to do w/250 watters is of great help !:wink:

Enjoy your fruits :wave:

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
I'm not really interested in producing the craziest most potent flowers, I don't want to be completely floored by my weed and I don't want to be tripping balls either. I wanted an enjoyable high, that really enhanced my senses, with low anxiety and I got it. Now if I could get it to not cause cottonmouth I'd be golden. I'm gonna go eat some ice cream now. :joint:
Sorry this is the same thinking as "I only buy an airplane bottle of whiskey because I don't want to get too drunk". Grow the killa weed and smoke less of it. Your lungs will thank you. You will thank you when your tolerance grows and you can't get buzzed off that early weed.

Nice job all around. Enjoy that smoke!

greenpenguin

Sorry this is the same thinking as "I only buy an airplane bottle of whiskey because I don't want to get too drunk". Grow the killa weed and smoke less of it. Your lungs will thank you. You will thank you when your tolerance grows and you can't get buzzed off that early weed.

Nice job all around. Enjoy that smoke!

Actually it's not the same at all. If Cannabis only had one active ingredient and thus one affect like alcohol then yes lets make it as potent as possible. But with MJ there's more to it than just having the highest THC content. If it were all about just the most potent herb then:
1) I wouldn't be growing F13
2) People would just find the most potent strain and only grow that.
3) I wouldn't have much of an interest in Cannabis.

I've already smoked and shared my entire first harvest and am smoking my second harvest which turned out to have much more beautiful looking flowers with much more foxtailing and more purple with the same great effects of the first harvest.

C

coxswain

Actually it's not the same at all. If Cannabis only had one active ingredient and thus one affect like alcohol then yes lets make it as potent as possible. But with MJ there's more to it than just having the highest THC content. If it were all about just the most potent herb then:
1) I wouldn't be growing F13
2) People would just find the most potent strain and only grow that.
3) I wouldn't have much of an interest in Cannabis.

I've already smoked and shared my entire first harvest and am smoking my second harvest which turned out to have much more beautiful looking flowers with much more foxtailing and more purple with the same great effects of the first harvest.

:yeahthats

Congrats on a job well done! ++

70wDreams

Well done! And excellent Journal too, very informative. It must have been hard to wait a month for the cure!

grow on!

Latest posts

Latest posts