What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First DWC: white widow, northern lights

switched it up to 18/6 a few days ago. forgot to mention it!
It's also been warmer here, so tent temps have been a little higher. 79-81 They seem to like it? Have the light going off during the day time when its hottest in the apartment to keep it from getting too hot in there..

Ya those temps are fine. Remember autos don't like stress. There on a time clock, any stress affects final yield. Def leave them 18/6 rest of the time. If there true autos they'll start showing sex very soon. And start that 1200 about 2' away introduce slowly

megadude

Update

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 11

megadude

Top left right and bottom right are white widow. Northern lights bottom left.
Roots are kinda crumby huh. They've still been growing pretty fast, time for a rinse I suppose. Gonna try and redo nutes without the root builder to see if that helps. Trying to move everyone to buckets soon but been crazy busy with work-- doh!

Top left right and bottom right are white widow. Northern lights bottom left.
Roots are kinda crumby huh. They've still been growing pretty fast, time for a rinse I suppose. Gonna try and redo nutes without the root builder to see if that helps. Trying to move everyone to buckets soon but been crazy busy with work-- doh!

Ya it happens! Real life takes over lol

I would def put into own buckets I know I ran into a problem running diff strains in same res, when you change if you have access try 3% peroxide just a teaspoon per gallon. Should clear it up.

What are your water temps ?? They could be a little high causing that slime build up

megadude

Ya it happens! Real life takes over lol

I would def put into own buckets I know I ran into a problem running diff strains in same res, when you change if you have access try 3% peroxide just a teaspoon per gallon. Should clear it up.

What are your water temps ?? They could be a little high causing that slime build up

I've been putting some peroxide in there, I think 20ml to 5gallons
Water temps I still can't monitor but it stays pretty cool considering the tent temps go up to 80 or so. Time to get a water probe

I've been putting some peroxide in there, I think 20ml to 5gallons
Water temps I still can't monitor but it stays pretty cool considering the tent temps go up to 80 or so. Time to get a water probe

Do you keep your air pumps going during lights off?

Or have any ph fluctuations? Just trying to eliminate things lol could very very well be the boosters

megadude

Do you keep your air pumps going during lights off?

Or have any ph fluctuations? Just trying to eliminate things lol could very very well be the boosters

Fan and pumps on 24/7 lights on 18/6
PH has been good Raises a little bit but relatively stable
Here's A pic I snapped on my way back to work. This is 2days after previous pic. They're growing very quickly. Moving day is Thurs! Gonna tie them off a little wider til then just waiting for some more supplies to make the move

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 10

megadude

I've been running the Mars Hydro 96x3 with both the veg and bloom lights on when temps permit and the plants really seem to love the extra kick. When i came home today they were literally reaching UP to the light and are really looking strong. I tied them back a little to clear a little more room for light to penetrate, and checked on the roots. They look much much better. A little brown on the inner parts, but white on the outer.
pH steady at 6.5, ppm 500. The water was low so i added some for the first time in a few days. Wanted to see how long they'd go without any attention in preperation for my 4 day absence from checking on them when i'm on vacation.
Shipments getting delayed on what I need to move them across town.. bummer. was hoping to set everything up today and move in tomorrow- maybe friday.

s

megadude

Whoops forgot to ask --- The roots are starting to join each other/tangle up a little. is that going to be ok or should I be concerned?

Whoops forgot to ask --- The roots are starting to join each other/tangle up a little. is that going to be ok or should I be concerned?

I'd be worried only because there diff strains....and it could cause some issues. But it might not...and if your moving them into seperate containers you might have issue getting them out

t33to

If you find your roots getting slimy (color doesn't matter so much) you've got living organisms in there. Kill em dead with a very very tiny amount of bleach. I have a 1ml dropper and I put about 5-10 drops in my rez until it doesn't smell like a slimy pond anymore. I do this every time it smells like a pond or an aquarium which is about every 2 days. I'm currently running a DWC experiment to see how effective bleach is during the grow process. I'm using gross old rain water that smells like an aquarium coming out of the hose and so far the bleach has solved all issues with root slimes. I don't even worry about my rez getting warm anymore.

Just my advice.

Nish

If you find your roots getting slimy (color doesn't matter so much) you've got living organisms in there. Kill em dead with a very very tiny amount of bleach. I have a 1ml dropper and I put about 5-10 drops in my rez until it doesn't smell like a slimy pond anymore. I do this every time it smells like a pond or an aquarium which is about every 2 days. I'm currently running a DWC experiment to see how effective bleach is during the grow process. I'm using gross old rain water that smells like an aquarium coming out of the hose and so far the bleach has solved all issues with root slimes. I don't even worry about my rez getting warm anymore.

Just my advice.

Deffo agree with this, if you cant keep res temps low you should be running bleach throughout the grow imo, not worth the risk of losing your plants to pythium, belive me iv been there.

Nish

Nish

Deffo agree with this, if you cant keep res temps low you should be running bleach throughout the grow imo, not worth the risk of losing your plants to pythium, belive me iv been there.

Nish

Oh and my does is 1ml per 10gal

megadude

Hey guys
Came back from vacation and everything is looking good
Obviously super crowded, but I'll be moving these sunday

The main issue is down below, as I was concerned with, the roots are all kinda growing together.

Should I try to pull them apart? Or cut? Id imagine it's going to stress the plants out either way but trying to do whatever is best in the situation

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 9
Hey guys
Came back from vacation and everything is looking good
Obviously super crowded, but I'll be moving these sunday

The main issue is down below, as I was concerned with, the roots are all kinda growing together.

Should I try to pull them apart? Or cut? Id imagine it's going to stress the plants out either way but trying to do whatever is best in the situation

How entangled are they? Problem with cutting is if there's dead root mass entangled with others could cause problems...