What's new

Field Marshell Seeds goes to the Birds

gdbud

It is now day 60 and I'm still working out of town. If I was home I would be watching the trichomes and flushing, But I'm still working out of town. I had my wife stop feeding them last week and I should have my go ahead and wife flush them.

I wish I was there to check the out and see where the trichomes are at and then I would know when to harvest. But by not being there I have to fallow a 70 day schedule.

I hope to be back home early next week and I will post a true update with pictures then.

V

Vesuvius

i dont think i could handle being away from my girls that long, especially near fruition.
cant wait to see your piks when you get back.
looks you got the screen method nailed down tight for this grow!!
p.s. just started smoking my first finisher and am happy!!

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
Day 60? should be day 54 right?

You said 49 on the post on the 3rd Oct.

Or am I waaaay too high on The Black ;)

Smiley

gdbud

Thanks GS. you are right I recounted and I'm at day 55 instead of 61 days. I'm sorry about that but I was high on Grand Daddy Purple some meds that I had to pick up at Evergreen Holistic Center. I did not bring enough meds for this long of stay out of town. Also working 13 hours a day 7 days week for the last three weeks I seem to have lost more that a few days.

Vesuvius, I do miss my girls, But I know when I started growing that this would happen since my job keeps taking me out of town for weeks at a time. But it is not easy to leave them this long. I only wish that my wife would take up the same passion that I have found in growing this plant and start helping me more in learning to take care of them. I have tried to make my cabinet system as simple as possable so that her job will be easy.

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
Thanks GS. you are right I recounted and I'm at day 55 instead of 61 days. I'm sorry about that but I was high on Grand Daddy Purple some meds that I had to pick up at Evergreen Holistic Center. I did not bring enough meds for this long of stay out of town. Also working 13 hours a day 7 days week for the last three weeks I seem to have lost more that a few days.

Vesuvius, I do miss my girls, But I know when I started growing that this would happen since my job keeps taking me out of town for weeks at a time. But it is not easy to leave them this long. I only wish that my wife would take up the same passion that I have found in growing this plant and start helping me more in learning to take care of them. I have tried to make my cabinet system as simple as possable so that her job will be easy.

You're a bit lucky though.... I can't get away from these bitches for more than 3 days.......... :D

I got ants in my pants, I want to chop shit. I'm going in there cleaning scissors and re arranging things.... Thinking about getting a TV in there..... a bit premature lol

Monday is 56 days or 8wks and I'll take some PK's and a BBk. The shisk and black are ready whenever.

I miss the days of mono cropping. THat's the beauty of organic soil though, 8 or 10 strains per round till I find the keepers :D :D

I'm gladd I pulled a PK at day 50 because it is strong meds. Not straight up couch lock but still leaves me stooopid. You're gonna dig it.

Anyways, back to polishing my scissors..... I really wanna pul one tonight :D

Smiley

Hey buddy. I bet its a bummer to be missing the girls. I get antsy when I leave them alone on a 7 hour shift.

As far as harvest, are you going to be back before they get chopped (according to your 70 day schedule)? Because if you get back in time to set up and give directions to the wife, you could install a USB microscope camera and have her email trich pics to you. You could find them on ebay or a Sharper Image type store perhaps.

Are you going to have her trim much before she hangs them? That's a great idea bud, if I had a wife I'd schedule business trips around trimming for sure!

gdbud

Well I just got home today and got my first look at the ladies in over 3 weeks. The ladies have been putting on the weight and for the most part are looking good. Although I do have a few buds that look like they have gotten light burn, But the light is 12" above the plants? I also have a fan blowing on the plants could that have done it? The pictures that I took of the damage buds do not really show the damage well. The top 1" to 1 1/2" of the buds are white and dried out and the lower portion of the bud looks fine.

picture.php

The bud in the center of the picture is one of the damage one.

picture.php

Here is a close up of a damaged bud.
Should I go ahead and trim off the damage portion of the bud?

And now a look at the rest of the plants.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Looking at the trichomes they are still clear none of them have changed to an amber color I will be doing a flush and keeping an eye for a color change in the trichomes.

These plants have a nice fruity smell to them.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=20090&pictureid=510894

gdbud

I think that the damage is from heat it looks like my cabinet was running at 80 degrees. I turned down the light and increased the fan and now my cabinet is at 76 degrees.

Also taking a closer look at the plants I have noticed two different pheno types the first one has large grape like cluster.
picture.php

The second type has mu

gdbud

I think that the damage I have is from a heat problem in the cabinet while I was gone the temp was at 80 degrees. I turned down the light and increased the fan speed and now the cabinet is running at 76 degrees I hope that is the problem.

After a closer inspection I noticed two different pheno types.
The first type has lager grape like clusters that make up the buds.
picture.php

The second type has much smaller and tighter clusters.
picture.php

Also the second type is less heat tolerant than the first and since thay are both in the same space I can not tell if thay have a different smell to the buds.

gdbud

Today I bought myself a Phresh Filter and scraped my DYI carbon scrubber I just got it installed and actually it is running quieter that with my DYI scrubber.

If this works then I should have done this instead of trying and trying and trying to make my DYI scrubber work.

Good to hear you got temps figured out. And hopefully it means no more scorched looking buds. What you've got going on though is looking fantastic. In that first pheno, are each of those grape chunks a single calyx?

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
hey nice budshot, you try take pix next time before light on ...just my 2cent...looks awesome man, keep tha great job up!!

V

Vesuvius

nice fat foxtails on that first pheno!!
was the area of burn localized to one specific region of your sgrog, wondering if your bulb has a hot spot that may be focused on that spot.

looking good bro

gdbud

nice fat foxtails on that first pheno!!
was the area of burn localized to one specific region of your sgrog, wondering if your bulb has a hot spot that may be focused on that spot.

looking good bro

No the burn happened on both sides of the light It looks like I will loose the tops on 5 to 6 buds I all ready trimed the tops off of 3 of them. I'm thinking of removing the reflector from inside of the cool tube.
On the last grow the buds were almost touching the cool tube and I had to remove the reflector from the light in order to get light to the buds that had grow higher than the bottom of the light.

gdbud

The new carbon filter that I installed is working great, But still when I walk into the room I still can smell a faint odor I don't know if its from the clones or from the cabinet.
Boy does this strain have a strong odor!

Although I Don't have much to compare it to other that my first grow and a friends grow, But it is a LOT smeller that either one of those grows.
It has a fruity citris smell to it.

My trychomes are starting to turn cloudy, So by my estamate I have a week to 10 days untill harvest.

I guess that it is time to start building my new drying racks for my cabinet.

I'm thinking of growing some C-99 or Romulan next time around I would like an uplifting strain for spring/summer time. I just need to find some clones of either one of these strains.

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
I got the Sweetest Cindy that just rooted. I'm supposed to be getting some mosca c99 bx2 when my friend hollers at me.

I figure I'll give it a run.

I ran spacecheese that's Romulan x C99 X UK Cheese Clone so I wanna see if it's the C99 in it that I liked.

I'm checking trichs on my G13 haze and at 9 weeks it's pretty clooudy but really needs another week.

Smiley

gdbud

I just a sample of both C-99 and Romulan from a collective up north and I like the uplifting lets get up and get something done feeling that I get from both of them. I just have not smoked enough of each to find out which one I like better.

gdbud

I'm still waiting to harvest my FMS Lady Berry Kush. A few of the trichomes are just starting to turn amber. It looks like this strain could end up going for 11 to 12 weeks If I had known this then I would have waited a couple of more weeks for the flush, So it looks like it will be a few more weeks with just water.

picture.php

I'm defiantly seeing two different pheno types. The Blue plant has a more cone shape bud with the sugar leaves being more narrower than the other plant. This plant is also more susceptible to burning due to heat and or nutrients than the other plant.

picture.php

The Red plant the bud structure apears to be made up of large calyx and is taking on a purple color to the leaves and bud.

picture.php

picture.php

I'm thinking of doing another grow with the same strain, But using the Red clone this time and growing two plants of the same clone. I know that I said that my next grow of this strain would be grown in a DWC, But using the Blumats this time around has proven to me that this method of growing is much simpler and less work than a DWC and so I'm going to use soil and the Blumats again.

Latest posts

Latest posts