What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i think it was p'fan79 who just celibrated his 7y, rode
/i think fish just had a baby, if i remember correctly
its a great time of yeah for sure with all the great things happening right now
/ for me, mrsChicky has a birthday coming up as well as thanksgiving being right around the corner plus the day me and the mrs first met was in november
this is the best time of year and im looking foreward to the next couple months
can you guys believe that next week is the last full week before thanksgiving?
ive enver grown out cookiekush either, rode but like you said, i expect most kush to be broad leaf
its hard to say with such a small sample size if this is typical of the variety
/a funny thing ive noticed is that often the smaller outliers prove to be super potent

Badfishy1

Hey rode hope all is well bud! Unfortunately p’ fan was the one celebrating 7 and relamping! I’m going on 3 lol. As far as medical is concerned. I know a lady who has at least 2 maybe 3-4 years of leg work into lining things up to grow and start a dispensary. And I’m not talking about some back yard operation with a delivery service lol. She has secured millions in backings and such. Remember Florida is not only ‘jeb’ country, the real puppet masters are big sugar and big pharma. The laws were made to cater to big corporations not you or I to start up the American dream alone. Application fee is non refundable $60k w very few accepted. I REALLY hope she gets accepted, but honestly the system is stacked against her

Fiddynut

Good morning guys.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I spent yesterday relaxing but have a lot on today's list. I had to water all the plants this morning and they are looking pretty good. I have to get the storm windows on today and do a final cut on the grass and mulch up the leaves that have fallen so far and clear leaves from gutters. I also have some organization to do in the garage so I can get my car in there. It's going to be a busy day off.

@Rodehazrd. She is an odd looking girl but maybe she will have some great qualities to her as she grows. Your plants look happy. Candy kush looking nice too.
You are so right that we should be grateful for what we have and celebrate as much as we can. We only have so much time together make it special.

@pop_rocks. I'm glad you guys had a good weekend. Sounds like the Mrs chili was a hit. Does she make it spicy? It seems like there are so many regional differences and just very diffrent family recipes, it's always nice to hear what others put in it.
We had a good time watching the race and eating chili. One of my buddies brought a big pan of cornbread and a pecan pie, another brought chips and a couple dips. I made the chili with ground chuck, a smoked chuck roast, onions, celery, beer, diced tomatoes and of course all the spices.
We don't usually get much snow this early but we had some flurries last week and there was some in the forcast over the weekend. The ground isn't frozen yet so it wouldn't stick around long if we got it. I don't mind snow, if it's going to be cold it might as well snow so that people can enjoy it.
Your right thanksgiving is next week allready. I'm still not sure what the plans are but I'm going to enjoy some turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and some gravy for sure. I feel like if I blink it will be the new year allready.

@Badfishy. Wow $60k nonrefundable and probably money down the drain. And a shitty system stacked again them. Sounds like the black market will be thriving there for a long while.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
good on ya, fiddy! hope you had a nice day of rest and relaxation
we all deserve a day off every now and then, brother
/especially you man, you are one of the hardest working guys out there!
sounds like you guys had a nice spread there and everyone contributed
i bet your chili was awesome with both the ground and smoked chuck!
do your friend smoke much? how did they like the latest crop
the mrs's chili had a lot of cumin in it and and something else
she not here now, but i can ask her later
/she kind of just makes it up as she goes along so the recipie is always changing
i do know she used ground beef and sausages in this one, so a lot of it could be that sausage meat flavor too
i thought it was kind of spicy but ive been kind of a wuss as far as spicey goes lately
but that all changed this past weekend!
so the other day a friend at work shows up with these snacks he brought back from india
/yeah that india... sacred cows and third world poverty (juxtaposed with crazy wealth)
one fo them was this thing kind of like a pringle, but different...
/like somehow crispier but really rich tasting
i took the bag to one of the local indian markets and after some help found what i was looking for
/turns out its a flour made out of chick peas and fried
but they also had all this premade indian food you could buy and make yourself, so me and the mrs went nuts
got all this frozen food and some snacks, plus a couple things with sauce and stuff all for super cheap!
but let me tell you brother, this stuff is spicy!
i mean spicy from another world of heat
i used to love spicy hot foods, but when someone from india or thailand tells you its hot you have to watch out
lots of flavor and lots of heat, but man i cant stop eating this stuff
its full of different textures and exotic flavors
we are still firming up our plans for thanksgiving too, fiddy
i will have me friend deep fry us a turkey again, but now we are not sure if the kids will be around or if its just the mrs and i
if its just the two of us, we will probably have thanksgiving dinner at my friends house and hopefully my mom will stop by
i would be happy no matter where we eat, so im just going to go with the flow on this one

Last edited:

packerfan79

Veteran
/especially you man, you are one of the hardest working out there!
/she kind of just makes it up as she goes along so the recipie is always changing
i do know she used ground beef and sausages in this one, so a lot of it could be that sausage meat flavor too
i thought it was kind of spicy but ive been kind of a wuss as far as spicey goes lately
so the other day a friend at work shows up with these snacks he brought back from india
/yeah that india... sacred cows and third world poverty (juxtaposed with crazy wealth)
i took the bag to one of the local indian markets and after some help found what i was looking for
but they also had all this premade indian food you could buy and make yourself, so me and the mrs went nuts
got all this frozen food and some snacks, plus a couple things with sauce and stuff all for super cheap!
i used to love spicy hot foods, but when someone from india or thailand tells you its hot you have to watch out
i will have me friend deep fry us a turkey again, but now we are not sure if the kids will be around or if its just the mrs and i
if its just the two of us, we will probably have thanksgiving dinner at my friends house and hopefully my mom will stop by
i would be happy no matter where we eat, so im just going to go with the flow on this one

Hey pop rocks, haven't forgot about you, just crazy busy right now.

Fiddynut

/especially you man, you are one of the hardest working guys out there!

Good afternoon pop_rocks.

Yes it was nice to chill all day and take it easy. I made up for my laziness yesterday and I got all my he stuff on my list done. Grow shop visited, chicken sandwich eaten, yard work, storm windows on, garage reorganization, leaves blown out of gutters, ect.
I had my first chicken sandwich from chick-filet yesterday and it was very good. I think your right about the pickle juice marinade. Funny storie I was leaving with my sandwich and I found some body's cocane in the parking lot I just about stepped on it as I was getting into my car. I looked down and saw the folded up piece of paper, looking inside and it was like a half gram. I don't even like doing coke so I'll have to give it to a buddy or something. I wish it was a bag of great buds instead.

My buddies that came over Sunday are smokers, the first thing we did when they showed up was puff a fat joint. They seem to love the gorilla bubble. I haven't been spreading much of the GB around since I knew it would have to last a while with the down time I've had.

I don't always put the diced up smoked chuck in the chili but I had the smoker going the night b fore I made the chili so I thought I'd go for it. It turned out well. If I have some left over brisket I'll use that too. It's so interisting that there are so many styles of chili. Beans or no beans, some has corn, green chili with pork, white chili with chicken. So much variety.

Those Indian chips sound good. I don't get exposed to a lot of Indian food here, but there are some Indian restaurants and grocery stores. I have had some good xperience with curry which is pretty popular in Indian food I think. I'm glad you are experiencing some great new foods. I like spicy to a point and would be interested to try some good Indian food sometime, I think the last time I had any it was at a not very good restaurant and got a bad impression of it. It seemed like everything was full of cumin. Let me know what your favorites are and I'll give them a try.

I'm going to talk with my mom and other family members about thanksgiving tonight. I think everyone is doing thanksgiving at in laws and if that's the case I'll plan my own meal for whoever wants to come over. Probably brine a turkey breast and cook it on the smoker with a nice creole crust on it. An of course the stuffing, corn casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy, pie and all the other stuff. Wow just over a week away allready. This talk is making me hungry.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
oh man, smoked turkey breast with a creole crust sounds great!
i wish i could drop in and have a taste of that, it sounds really good
ive had chili with chicken in it but what is white chili?
sounds like you got more than you bargained for at the chick filet
its great to find dope, but im not into coke either
how did you like the sandwich?
curries are great and there are so many varieties
indian curries are kind of spicy but ive also had milder ones where its just the taste of the spices
right now im into this korean curry, but i cant tell you what its called
all i know is the bag is written in korean and its yellow
kind of mild with bit curry flavor
another really good one is from japan called coco ichibana
they are a really popular chain overseas and the neat thing is is that they put coco in the curry so it has a mild and sweet and savory thing going on
if you are interested in indian foods i will try and get some recipies
the mrs makes this really good madras sauce, maybe we can start with that
yeah brother, time has flown by and we are at the best time of year
next week is thanksgiving and i cant wait!

Fiddynut

oh man, smoked turkey breast with a creole crust sounds great!
i wish i could drop in and have a taste of that, it sounds really good
ive had chili with chicken in it but what is white chili?
sounds like you got more than you bargained for at the chick filet
its great to find dope, but im not into coke either
how did you like the sandwich?
curries are great and there are so many varieties
indian curries are kind of spicy but ive also had milder ones where its just the taste of the spices
right now im into this korean curry, but i cant tell you what its called
all i know is the bag is written in korean and its yellow
kind of mild with bit curry flavor
another really good one is from japan called coco ichibana
they are a really popular chain overseas and the neat thing is is that they put coco in the curry so it has a mild and sweet and savory thing going on
if you are interested in indian foods i will try and get some recipies
the mrs makes this really good madras sauce, maybe we can start with that
yeah brother, time has flown by and we are at the best time of year
next week is thanksgiving and i cant wait!
Good morning pop_rocks.

Starting to look forward to the bird too brother. I don't even eat turkey during the rest of the year but I love it on turkey day. It's the sides I'm not really starting to look forward to.

My mom use to make a regular chili with ground beef and the usual stuff but she also made a white chicken chili. It was a creamy white sauce that had some of the southwestern flavors that I associate with chili but not all of them. I forget what else was in it but I'll ask her for some more info when I see her.

I really liked the sandwich. I got it with just pickles and I can see why you recommended it without a bunch of sauce and stuff to cover up the flavor. Nice and tangy, simple and delicious.

I've had and made a few Thai style curries and I'm a big fan, also Jamaican style curried chicken very good. I'd like to try some Indian style. The only Indian thing I know I've made is the naan bread. It's really easy to make and tasty. Coco in curry sounds interisting and I can see how it would taste really good, kind of like coco in a mole sauce. I'd definitely be interested in hearing more about Indian food and some recipes.

Your right the days are ticking by and we're just about to that Holliday season. I still can't believe that thanksgiving is just a week away...Fiddy.

packerfan79

Veteran
Good morning pop_rocks.

Starting to look forward to the bird too brother. I don't even eat turkey during the rest of the year but I love it on turkey day. It's the sides I'm not really starting to look forward to.

My mom use to make a regular chili with ground beef and the usual stuff but she also made a white chicken chili. It was a creamy white sauce that had some of the southwestern flavors that I associate with chili but not all of them. I forget what else was in it but I'll ask her for some more info when I see her.

I really liked the sandwich. I got it with just pickles and I can see why you recommended it without a bunch of sauce and stuff to cover up the flavor. Nice and tangy, simple and delicious.

I've had and made a few Thai style curries and I'm a big fan, also Jamaican style curried chicken very good. I'd like to try some Indian style. The only Indian thing I know I've made is the naan bread. It's really easy to make and tasty. Coco in curry sounds interisting and I can see how it would taste really good, kind of like coco in a mole sauce. I'd definitely be interested in hearing more about Indian food and some recipes.

Your right the days are ticking by and we're just about to that Holliday season. I still can't believe that thanksgiving is just a week away...Fiddy.
Man the grub talk is killing me. The white chili sounds pretty good, mole is my favorite Mexican food. My wife makes white enchiladas,ssounds similar to the white chili. I have not tried Indian food, but I like some spice in my life. I love jerk chicken, not sure if it's similar to the Jamacian food.

Fiddynut

Man the grub talk is killing me. The white chili sounds pretty good, mole is my favorite Mexican food. My wife makes white enchiladas,ssounds similar to the white chili. I have not tried Indian food, but I like some spice in my life. I love jerk chicken, not sure if it's similar to the Jamacian food.
Good afternoon Packerfan.

I think your right that white chicken chili is similar to the white enchiladas. I will post more info after I talk with my mom and get the recipe. I got a bad impression of Indian food at a buffet once and haven't tried any since, but I'm sure it's good if made properly. Jerk chicken is very Jamaican, but depending on where you had it it may have been an Americanized recipe. It's really good!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
im just like you,man
other than the occasional turkey sandwich i dont eat much turkey during the year
but this is turkey day we are talking about
but over the thanksgiving holiday, i will eat enough to keep me going for the rest of the year
why arent you looking foreward to the sides?
i think its the sides that make the meal and i could probably eat just mash potatoes and gravy, stuffing and of course the green bean casserole and be happy
ive had white enchilladas before!
they are super good and creamy, really nice and rich
we made they with chicken and green chili
the kicker was sour cream in the sauce
let us know what your mom says about her recipie, i would like to try it out
/plus that might be a great way to use up some of the left over bird!
glad you liked the chik-filet, its a good honest chicken sandwich
/the rest of their menu is good too
yeah man, mole is awesome!
just like in the mexican food, the coco adds another layer of flavor
mrsChickys step mom if from juahaaca,maxico and she makes the best moles you can imagine

if you like spice, you will enjoy indian food, p'fan
the indians dont mess around when it comes to adding flavor through spices and their heat scale goes to 11
a lot of indian food is vegitarian or vegan

Rodehazrd

Yeah PF I love me a good mole sauce. I found a hole in the wall near Ky where they serve a tongue and mole stuffed pepper. I will be back

Our Turkey Day usually has a smoked sockeye and a pork roast. I do eat turkey the rest of the year but not so much then. Takes up too much room for not enough calories. At my age desert takes center stage and sometimes warmup But you all should be good and eat right.

So Fiddy what does the beginning stages of calcium toxicity look like. I'm hoping to push the envelope some on ca but don't want to lose a crop. you had too much in the water right? I changed out the soft rock phosphate in my next mix with 4 oz dry weight per 5 gal of phostrell bone char its 39% available calcium if I read it correctly. I plan on doing a 30 gal tub to test the change in amendments expect to start it after new year with some of the candy kush cuts.

Peace :wahey:

Fiddynut

im just like you,man
other than the occasional turkey sandwich i dont eat much turkey during the year
but this is turkey day we are talking about
but over the thanksgiving holiday, i will eat enough to keep me going for the rest of the year
why arent you looking foreward to the sides?
i think its the sides that make the meal and i could probably eat just mash potatoes and gravy, stuffing and of course the green bean casserole and be happy
ive had white enchilladas before!
they are super good and creamy, really nice and rich
we made they with chicken and green chili
the kicker was sour cream in the sauce
let us know what your mom says about her recipie, i would like to try it out
/plus that might be a great way to use up some of the left over bird!
glad you liked the chik-filet, its a good honest chicken sandwich
/the rest of their menu is good too
yeah man, mole is awesome!
just like in the mexican food, the coco adds another layer of flavor
mrsChickys step mom if from juahaaca,maxico and she makes the best moles you can imagine

if you like spice, you will enjoy indian food, p'fan
the indians dont mess around when it comes to adding flavor through spices and their heat scale goes to 11
a lot of indian food is vegitarian or vegan
Good afternoon pop_rocks.

Yes not eating turkey on thanksgiving is no good. I was just invited to my dads for thanksgiving and told that it would be a nontraditional meal, probably spaghetti, red sauce, meatballs, so no turkey. I might have to go with the theme and make spiedini. But no turkey sucks and I'll have to make one this weekend to make up for it. Sorry if I misspoke but I love the sides even more than the turkey. Can't wait to get some mashed potatoes and stuffing going. I'm with you on the green bean casserole and love some corn casserole too.

I haven't had the white enchiladas in a while but I like them as well. The creamy sauces are so good! Sour cream is great in a sauce and if you realy want a treat try using creme fraiche. Sour cream is actually sour 1/2&1/2 where creme fraiche is cultured heavy cream and has more richness, also it dosent break if you heat it too hot like sour cream does. I'm going to see my mom this weekend and I'll see about the white chili recipe.

I'm already looking forward to my next trip to chik-filet. I want to go in the morning and try the biscuit. That's great that the Mrs step mom is a good Mexican cook. I'd love to learn the traditional ways of making Mexican food.

Fiddynut

Yeah PF I love me a good mole sauce. I found a hole in the wall near Ky where they serve a tongue and mole stuffed pepper. I will be back

Our Turkey Day usually has a smoked sockeye and a pork roast. I do eat turkey the rest of the year but not so much then. Takes up too much room for not enough calories. At my age desert takes center stage and sometimes warmup But you all should be good and eat right.

So Fiddy what does the beginning stages of calcium toxicity look like. I'm hoping to push the envelope some on ca but don't want to lose a crop. you had too much in the water right? I changed out the soft rock phosphate in my next mix with 4 oz dry weight per 5 gal of phostrell bone char its 39% available calcium if I read it correctly. I plan on doing a 30 gal tub to test the change in amendments expect to start it after new year with some of the candy kush cuts.

Peace :wahey:
Good afternoons Rodehazrd.

From my understanding there is no such thing as calcium toxicity. However if what I have read and experienced is correct you can have lockouts of other nutes if there is too much ca in the soil. You should be looking for Mg and P deficiencies that shouldn't be there. For instance if you have the same Mg or P in your mix as last time but are seeing deficiencies this grow you might have an imbalance.

On the last run I think I overdosed the plant on Ca a bit but I think that had more to do with it building up in the soil and locking out the other nutes. I was giving a full dose of cal/mag every watering and not watering to runoff so I think it kept building up until. It got too imbalanced and that's when I had issues.

I don't think your idea to do a test of one bin with your new mix is a a good one. Keep us posted on how it goes!

Fiddynut

Update and pics

Update and pics

Greetings tribe.

It's update time allready. I took cuts for my next flower run last night. I'm using the DWC cloner again and I hope I have the good luck I had last time with it. I'm still not sure when the lady's I have flowering right now will finish but I'm thinking it was about time to get the next batch ready. Since I had 2 sets of moms for each plant I decided to sacrifice one of each for these clones. I took the tops of each and a couple side branches as back ups in case I need them. That leaves me with just the 4 moms and a cloner full of cuts in the veg tent. I have another 4 bulb 4' t5 light for a mom and nursery area that I'll set up soon.
Here are the moms and cuts, moms are getting big quickly.

The lady's in flower are doing well. I don't like the color and some of the leaves are looking a bit rough but the buds are looking great. The colas are starting to pack weigh on and I had to add a bunch of twine to support them this morning. The stems are really floppy on these girls, except for the #1 plant she is stronger, taller, and less branchy than the rest. Here is a shot of the 4 of them from this morning.

Rodehazrd

Thanks Fiddy
I guess that goes back to the base saturation numbers you only get to fill up once. I think I should spend 50 bucks on a couple soil test to see what is really going on with the bone char So far it certainly didn't hurt the girls that got it as a topdress along with the gypsum at flip. If anything those ones look greener. I must say growing seeds again I love that Hybrid Vigor clones just don't seem to jump like new beans. Your Bodhi clones will be a good test of that.
:tiphat:
Those girls look great I love to see all the fan leaves turn as the plant sucks nutes from them for the buds.

Fiddynut

Thanks Fiddy
I guess that goes back to the base saturation numbers you only get to fill up once. I think I should spend 50 bucks on a couple soil test to see what is really going on with the bone char So far it certainly didn't hurt the girls that got it as a topdress along with the gypsum at flip. If anything those ones look greener. I must say growing seeds again I love that Hybrid Vigor clones just don't seem to jump like new beans. Your Bodhi clones will be a good test of that.
:tiphat:
Those girls look great I love to see all the fan leaves turn as the plant sucks nutes from them for the buds.
Good evening Rodehazrd.

Soil test is a great idea if you can understand the results, I wouldn't be able to but maybe someday. As long as your girls are loving it you are on the right track.

I hope I got these cuts in time to get them into the tent as soon as the others are out. I guess I'd rather have a week of downtime rather than have to take the lady's in flower early to make space.

I like a good fade on the leaves myself, I just hope it's not too early.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that sounds like a great meal but i think i would miss the turkey too
maybe you can get a smaller bird for just you and the mrs, and enjoy the non traditional food with your dad
i remember last year you mentioned corn casserole as a side
to me, the important part is to just be around good friends and family
the food is nice but sharing the day is what its all about
i had to look up the spiedini
oh man, my hat is still spinning!
that stuff sounds so good i may have to try making it myself one day!
it looks like there are a few ways to make it, how do you do yours?
great idea about using the creme fraiche for the white sauce
spot on about the nutrient lock out from excess Ca
the plants look great, about how many weeks in are yuo?
it also sounds like you are gaining confidence in your clonig technique!
the cuts look great

hope everyone is finishing off their week on a good note and ready for the weekend!

Latest posts

Latest posts