What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Badfishy1

Jacks is cheap and easy. I use it from start to finish and haven’t seen too many problems bc of it. 1/4 teaspoon/gal n feed daily

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Good morning pop_rocks.

Yes party went well and all had good times. The fire was just enough to keep from getting too cold. Most of the guests were dressed up and we do a costume contest each year. My cousin won this year again she takes her costumes pretty seriously. She is a 4 time first place winner. We have first through third place trophies and prizes for adults and a couple prizes for kids, the kids all win something. As a host I don't vote as I want everyone to win and I'm neutral. You can tell who puts effort and thought into their costumes for sure.

That's great you guys got to get out for some tirck or treating, some of the neighbors have shots for the adults for trick or treat here it's a great idea. The wife and our niece went trick or treating last night and took Rufus and some people even had dog treats ready for him. From what I remember as a kid we always did trick or treat during the day everyone was worried about kids getting snatched or poisoned back in the late 70's and early 80's. We use to hear stories about our parients going trick or treating after dark and were envious of them.

How is schmoopy doing? Did you guys get a chance to harvest her over the weekend? Any luck popping beans for your next run?
happening brother!
glad to hear you had a fun halloween
that is so cool that you host your own costume contest
wow, a 4x champ!
i bet your cousin is really into halloween, what was her costume
does she make the outfits herself ?
/we host one of the biggest comicons in the nation here in san diego and you can beilieve its a trip for sure

if everything went according to plan, schmoopy should be hangin in a closet right now and me and the mrs are bringing our trim gear over tomorrow night
we talked about it last week and i told him how i wanted her to be harvest in the morning (he wondered why not tright then and there at night but i told him my thoughts on when to harvest)
the weather has need kind of mild so she should have a basic dry going, having been hanging in a dark closet for the past5-6 days.

so far i havent had much success with the older beans from nirvana, maybe one of the 5 i soaked has come out
/ i still have a few beans left but have been kind of busy with other thigns
i had better luck with the other stuff i sprouted and have moved them to soil containers (got 3/5 from them)
i also met up with a friend locally who was kind enough to gift me some seeds of his
i will soak these maybe later tonight or this weekend and have great hope for the new blend

man fiddy, i cant believe its already november!
thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays and in a few weeks we are going to be up to our ears in football and turkey

hope you had a great week my man and are ready to slide into the weekend
do you have anything planned for the long weekend*?
*dont forget to turn your clock back

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Greetings friends.

I had a thought and I'd love some opinions on this from the tribe. I think I have time to take cuts from the clones I have of the c91jbXsl that I'm flowering now. If I do this I can grow them out for the next run instead of popping seeds for it and waiting to see how many girls I get. It seems that I had roots in a week and it took them another week to adjust to soil and start growing. So two weeks to start growing and then how long to wait until I put them into flower. Since I've always grown from seed I don't know how long to veg a clone for. I'm guessing I'd shoot for letting them get to a hight where they could go through stretch and still not over grow my tent hight. I've noticed that the first round of cuts that I put in soil a couple weeks ago are just about the size of the seed plants when I'm rushing to sex and flower them. This would also allow me to pop seeds for a future run and wait to sex them and then take cuts of them to flower out instead of flowering out the seed plants.

Do you guys think this is a good strategy?
How long do you veg clones?
Do clones stretch like seed plants or is it more strain dependent?

Thanks for your opinions on this. I've been slacking on the updates and will get some pics and an update done in the next day. Buds are looking great but I still have some leaf loss and yellowing on the plants in flower. I don't think I had enough N to get them through the stretch and gave them a little higher dose of nutes last feeding allong with mixing some higher N grow nutes in. I know too much N isn't good but they really looked like they wanted it. Note to self: give PBP grow first couple weeks of stretch next run so they don't run out of N.

stretch is more strain and light dependent
how long you veg your clones for depends on how big you want your final plant to be.
/container size is also a determining factor
there seems to be two schools of thought here, a lot of smaller plants or fewer larger ones
depending on your situation one way may work better than another
i think your idea of flowering several proven clones and a few "sexing" ones is a good one
you dont even need to run the "sexing" plants all the way, just long enough to see what you have (male/female)
then if you want you can just pull those out, or if they are really doing well just let them go full term
teh main advantage of flower clones is that you know you are going to be pulingl down some quality bud as well as an idea of how much you can get each cycle

Fiddynut

happening brother!
glad to hear you had a fun halloween
that is so cool that you host your own costume contest
wow, a 4x champ!
i bet your cousin is really into halloween, what was her costume
does she make the outfits herself ?
/we host one of the biggest comicons in the nation here in san diego and you can beilieve its a trip for sure

if everything went according to plan, schmoopy should be hangin in a closet right now and me and the mrs are bringing our trim gear over tomorrow night
we talked about it last week and i told him how i wanted her to be harvest in the morning (he wondered why not tright then and there at night but i told him my thoughts on when to harvest)
the weather has need kind of mild so she should have a basic dry going, having been hanging in a dark closet for the past5-6 days.

so far i havent had much success with the older beans from nirvana, maybe one of the 5 i soaked has come out
/ i still have a few beans left but have been kind of busy with other thigns
i had better luck with the other stuff i sprouted and have moved them to soil containers (got 3/5 from them)
i also met up with a friend locally who was kind enough to gift me some seeds of his
i will soak these maybe later tonight or this weekend and have great hope for the new blend

man fiddy, i cant believe its already november!
thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays and in a few weeks we are going to be up to our ears in football and turkey

hope you had a great week my man and are ready to slide into the weekend
do you have anything planned for the long weekend*?
*dont forget to turn your clock back

Good afternoon pop_rocks.
The costume contest is something my wife put together and the people who like to dress up have a great time with it. Im more into making sure everyone has a drink/smoke and plenty of food. I'm not a very competitive person (unless I'm on a bike and you try to ride faster than me) but glad everyone has fun with it. I've heard of the comicon and sounds like fun. Lots of hot chicks in skimpy outfits! And nerds too haha!

I hope things went to plan and you guys have a good time trimming tonight. Even though it can be tedious I'm looking forward to getting my fingers sticky in a few weeks. Can't wait to see pics of her when your done.

That's cool you got a few sprouts going and I can't wait to hear more about them. One is the secret strain you talked about a few weeks ago right? Any info on the new strain you were gifted by your buddy?

Yes November allready. And stupid daylight savings time starts this week too:(. But your right we have thanksgiving to look forward to. I think thanksgiving is the best Holliday for foodies like me. All the great turkey and side dishes I'm drooling just thinking about it. I don't think I have much planned for the weekend, last weekend was busy with party and clean up so probably going to take it easy this weekend. There is rain in the forcast but if it holds off I'd like to get some late season disk golf in.

stretch is more strain and light dependent
how long you veg your clones for depends on how big you want your final plant to be.
/container size is also a determining factor
there seems to be two schools of thought here, a lot of smaller plants or fewer larger ones
depending on your situation one way may work better than another
i think your idea of flowering several proven clones and a few "sexing" ones is a good one
you dont even need to run the "sexing" plants all the way, just long enough to see what you have (male/female)
then if you want you can just pull those out, or if they are really doing well just let them go full term
teh main advantage of flower clones is that you know you are going to be pulingl down some quality bud as well as an idea of how much you can get each cycle

From what I'm seeing I think I have time to get clones ready for the next run. I'm going to try to keep them a little happier this time by feeding them a little more late veg and through the streach. In fact the way they are growing I think I'm going to hold off a few more days to take cuts. I'd rather have the flower tent empty for a few days than have to rush and harvest the plants early because the next round is ready too early.

It's also about time to get some more t5's and make a little mother and clone area. If I keep these 4 around and also pop beans for future rounds I won't have room to veg in the veg tent. I think I'm going to pick up a couple 2' four bulb lights for moms and clones so I have plenty of space. I'd hate to loose a good plant because I ran out of space. Now that I can make a bunch of clones at once I think I'll give a see of green grow a try sometime. I'll have to do some research to see how big of pots to use and things like that.

I hope your week has been good and you are having a great Friday...Fiddy.

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey jungle mates, Friday is here thank God it's been a long week. I got the big room together, just need to clean it up tonight. The small room is chugging along. 5 weeks more and we will be trimming.

Fiddynuts, I think pop answered your questions. But here goes stretch is strain dependant. Clones veg slower than seed plants. Hard to say from the seed plant how much stretch you will get, I try to get 50-60 % of the size I want to finish at, they also branch out during stretch so keep that in mind. Sea of green sounds like an awesome idea, I ran one with a bubba kush but bubba doesn't yield much so that's about the only way to get decent yeilds. Jack's for hydro didn't do it for me, but I know many people who do great with it. I am currently using veg and bloom from hydroponic research, it's more expensive than Jack's but I dig it for sure.

Pop Rocks, if you are still in need of seeds I have a package coming I could part with a few packs if you want.I will know more next week when it arrives.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I am trying to figure out another shroom trip soon, befor things get hectic with the grow.

Fiddynut

Hey jungle mates, Friday is here thank God it's been a long week. I got the big room together, just need to clean it up tonight. The small room is chugging along. 5 weeks more and we will be trimming.

Fiddynuts, I think pop answered your questions. But here goes stretch is strain dependant. Clones veg slower than seed plants. Hard to say from the seed plant how much stretch you will get, I try to get 50-60 % of the size I want to finish at, they also branch out during stretch so keep that in mind. Sea of green sounds like an awesome idea, I ran one with a bubba kush but bubba doesn't yield much so that's about the only way to get decent yeilds. Jack's for hydro didn't do it for me, but I know many people who do great with it. I am currently using veg and bloom from hydroponic research, it's more expensive than Jack's but I dig it for sure.

Pop Rocks, if you are still in need of seeds I have a package coming I could part with a few packs if you want.I will know more next week when it arrives.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I am trying to figure out another shroom trip soon, befor things get hectic with the grow.
Good afternoon Packerfan.

Thanks for your opinion and experience. Sounds like I have to run these and see what happens. Once I've grown them from clone I'll know what to expect and can really shoot for a hight that will give the best yeild but not outgrow my space. That's another reason to only grow clones of the seeds I pop so I'll know how they grow as clones and can be prepared. I've got a couple phenos for sure here 2 have skinnier leaves and slightly lighter green color and are a little less branchy and the other 2 are fatter leaves and more branchy with one of those being very branchy. I can't wait to see how each plants buds flavor and buzz is from each plant, then I can think about which will suit my needs best.

Looks like we are still on schedule to be harvesting at about the same time. My lady's are really stacking the buds and starting to get some great frost going. Getting a lot of skunk and fuel smell in there too.

I hope your busy week was good and you have a great weekend...Fiddy.

Badfishy1

Alright lads I need some help.... I’m going to try and work a ‘flux’ method trained plant. I have 3 VERY early stage plants... the downfall (if you look at it as such) is flux training takes a long period to veg. Since I don’t know the plant sex, and I have to top the plant anyhow, I was considering taking the top portion of plant and cloning it then putting straight to flower to sex. I don’t really want to spend a ton of time training a male for obvious reasons. Thus being said, how many leaf sets are do I need to clone? About how long will it take to clone, root then sex said clone? (I understand there is no set time and any advice would be a general time period). Any other thoughts or ideas are welcomed! And if somebody who has experience with cloning and would like to drop tips, please feel free to drop knowledge. Anybody not familiar with flux training, lightaddict420 on IG seems to be doing god’s work and is where I got the idea from.

Rodehazrd

Alright lads I need some help.... I’m going to try and work a ‘flux’ method trained plant. I have 3 VERY early stage plants... the downfall (if you look at it as such) is flux training takes a long period to veg. Since I don’t know the plant sex, and I have to top the plant anyhow, I was considering taking the top portion of plant and cloning it then putting straight to flower to sex. I don’t really want to spend a ton of time training a male for obvious reasons. Thus being said, how many leaf sets are do I need to clone? About how long will it take to clone, root then sex said clone? (I understand there is no set time and any advice would be a general time period). Any other thoughts or ideas are welcomed! And if somebody who has experience with cloning and would like to drop tips, please feel free to drop knowledge. Anybody not familiar with flux training, lightaddict420 on IG seems to be doing god’s work and is where I got the idea from.

Yeah that guy really kills it. I tried to do that but the headband I tried was a little leggy I think very intense light as much as possible and the right strain would improve on what I did. I have a NLxBigBud that stacks up real close nodes I'm about to clone it while the moon's right.. I'm tempted to do that to the clone. lw420 got some good shots on IG, good luck on yours. What strain?
:tiphat:

Fiddynut

Good morning Badfishy.

I hadent heard of 'flux' training before but just looked it up. I looks like it might be a little tedious at first but a great way to increase yeild and it looks cool. I'm looking forward to hearing about your experience with this. Keep us posted!

I've read that you don't need to root your cutting to sex it. You can just put it in a glass of water and into a 12/12 room and soon (a week or two usually) you will see presex and then sex organs. The more nodes on the cut the more places you will have to look for sex. When early sexing I find the first preflowers close to the top. I'm not sure if this method works on tiny tops of very young plants. I've never sexed a cut this way but I think Packerfan does and he'd be the guy to give you more accurate info on this.

packerfan79

Veteran
Good morning Badfishy.

I hadent heard of 'flux' training before but just looked it up. I looks like it might be a little tedious at first but a great way to increase yeild and it looks cool. I'm looking forward to hearing about your experience with this. Keep us posted!

I've read that you don't need to root your cutting to sex it. You can just put it in a glass of water and into a 12/12 room and soon (a week or two usually) you will see presex and then sex organs. The more nodes on the cut the more places you will have to look for sex. When early sexing I find the first preflowers close to the top. I'm not sure if this method works on tiny tops of very young plants. I've never sexed a cut this way but I think Packerfan does and he'd be the guy to give you more accurate info on this.

I tried the cloning of seed plants, but I didn't work the way I had hoped, may have been because the seed plants were on 24-7. I would say you need a good size clone with a few nodes. I think time for maturity is very strain dependant, I have had other runs that showed pre flowers on 24 hours light, full on balls showed around 6 weeks.

Badfishy1

Yeah that guy really kills it. I tried to do that but the headband I tried was a little leggy I think very intense light as much as possible and the right strain would improve on what I did. I have a NLxBigBud that stacks up real close nodes I'm about to clone it while the moon's right.. I'm tempted to do that to the clone. lw420 got some good shots on IG, good luck on yours. What strain?
:tiphat:

Right now it’s either going to be a c99 x (Durban’s poison x Flo) or a ogkb 2.0x purple nocturnal or a gas berries. Whichever shows female. Just a little project

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
thanks for the kindness, p'fan!
you are the best,brother

i tihnk the secret strain i mentioned and these new beans from a buddy are one in the same
i got them from the same friend who said his son grows/breeds up in la
ive tried his smoke many times in the past and its good
unfortunately, my friend isnt as into the plant as we are, so when i asked about lineage he had no idea
/he said he would ask his son next time he talked to him
but he gave me 9 seeds and i have 5 of them in water right now
that is a good idea to make more room to hold plants
i know ive had to let something go to make room for enw plants, only to later regret that decision
plus you can hold plants in multiple stages of growth so you wont have as much down time between grows if you want
we all had fun triming the other night and i ended up leaving more smoke with my friend than he originally wanted
i told him that could be my stash at his place and he was welcome to help himself anytime
so you dont like standard time fiddy?
i know it gets dark earlyer and at some point its just going to dark all the time
/i get up for work and its pitch black outside and by the time i get off work its just about dark again
but to me it means we are in full on fall and that means its time for hot soups, warm layers and spending time with family and friend
hope you are having a great weekend and i iwll post up some pics here shortly

Fiddynut

thanks for the kindness, p'fan!
you are the best,brother

i tihnk the secret strain i mentioned and these new beans from a buddy are one in the same
i got them from the same friend who said his son grows/breeds up in la
ive tried his smoke many times in the past and its good
unfortunately, my friend isnt as into the plant as we are, so when i asked about lineage he had no idea
/he said he would ask his son next time he talked to him
but he gave me 9 seeds and i have 5 of them in water right now
that is a good idea to make more room to hold plants
i know ive had to let something go to make room for enw plants, only to later regret that decision
plus you can hold plants in multiple stages of growth so you wont have as much down time between grows if you want
we all had fun triming the other night and i ended up leaving more smoke with my friend than he originally wanted
i told him that could be my stash at his place and he was welcome to help himself anytime
so you dont like standard time fiddy?
i know it gets dark earlyer and at some point its just going to dark all the time
/i get up for work and its pitch black outside and by the time i get off work its just about dark again
but to me it means we are in full on fall and that means its time for hot soups, warm layers and spending time with family and friend
hope you are having a great weekend and i iwll post up some pics here shortly
Good morning pop_rocks.

It's great that you are getting beans for a nice local strain/breeder. I hope they are all lady's and are fire. Keep us posted!

So I slacked off and didn't get to the grow shop for lights this weekend. I won't be out of space for a couple more weeks so I can procrastinate for a while yet haha. I am going to have more sq/ft of veg space than flower space. For now I'm being extra carful and keeping 2 clones from each plant I have in flower. I'll have a lot to learn about keeping moms happy and keeping them small so I don't need too much space for them.

I'm glad you guys had a good time trimming schmoopy. Is she dry and in jars by now? That's cool you have a "stash" at his place. Now you don't have to remember to bring weed with you when you go over there. Did you sample her yet?

I wish we didn't mess with the clocks for a couple reasons. First I can sleep in more when it dosent get light out as easy so this extra hour makes me get up earlier. I also don't like having to mess with my plants light cycle. I have my lights set up so I can water and care for them and lights go off right before I go to work. If I don't adjust the time with the change I have to get up an hour earlier to deal with them before lights out. I'm going to shift the timer about 10 min a day this week so they will be synced up again. You are right there isn't enough sun this time of year. It's depressing when its always dark.

Your right fall means cooking diffrent foods. This weekend I made a couple cold weather favorites. I made a nice pot roast (beef chuck) with home made broth for the gravy and lots of carrot and celery onions. I browned off the roast and made the broth yesterday and put it in the oven with the raw veggies right before work today so I can have it for the game tonight. After 10 hours at 210 in the oven it will be fork tender and delicious. Yesterday I made another favorite, country fried chicken on a bed of mashed potatoes with a country cream gravy. Good warm stick to your ribs comfort food. Love fall and winter food!

Fiddynut

Update and pics.

Update and pics.

Greetings tribe.

It's update time allready. I think I've stopped the yellowing leaves from spreading up the plants for the most part. Maybe there just needing less nutes now the the stretch is over. I have a feeling that these plants are missing something I'm just not sure what. The buds are developing nicely so they can't be that pissed. I think I'm going back to just bloom nutes and a little cal/mag plus next feeding. They should be using less N now and I don't want the fox tailing and other issues that I've heard of when you have too much N mid to late flower.

I got a couple (poorly taken) close ups of a couple of the smaller tops to show development and that they are getting some frost going. Looking close at the pics I have what looks like slight sugar leaf tip burn. I had thought that these lady were deficient if anything so not sure about that. Can they be deficient and overfed at the same time? Let me know what you guys think.

Not sure if I'm being picky or what but they look a little light in color but also crispy at the very tips. I haven't been able to find any grow journals on this strain so I don't know how much others are feeding this strain and have no idea if they are heavy or light feeders. For now I have to stay the course and not try to over correct and fry them. I don't want to starve them either.

I have found a couple balls on the very lower parts of 3 of the girls. I'm not going to get all freaked out and depressed about this anymore. Just about everything I've grown seems to want to pop a few balls out mid flower. If they are just a few at the very bottoms I doubt they will affect my harvest much. The GB I grew last round was the first plant that I picked balls off of and it turned out great and seed free. I just have to spend the time to go over them really carfully and pick them off a couple times a week.

Here is a shot of a very full tent.

From the top the plants are looking nice and the many colas are filling out nicely here. They are mid way through week 5 of flower. I'm getting skunk, citrus, fuel, vomit and menthol scent when I open the tent and rub stems. I have a feeling these are going to be pretty stinky by the time they get harvested.

Badfishy1

Good evening famalam! Yeah fuck changing clocks back! Woke up at my normal 345 and was only 245 ugh! Hope all are doing well!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
everything is looking good fiddy!
is that twine i see stretched across the canopy?
is it for overall support or are there plans of lst in the future?
thats crazy,bro, because i actually feel like standard time is normal
i stay up a bit later but wake up feeling super happy and refreshed
/like, it dosent matter how late i stay up (within reason), as long as i can sleep in till 6a standard time and im good to go
but i have been asking around and it seems like half the people i talk to dont like this side of the time change
/most common answer is that when it gets dark they feel like its time for bed
hopefully it wont take long for you to adjust and you will be back on track in no time
i do agree that i dont like how it messes wiht the timers and you ahve to reset those, or have the lights come on an hour earlier
i ,ade fried chicken this weekend too!
but instead of making country fried ( my favorite) i made it spicy, kind of like popeyes chciken
it was good but maybe a bit too spicy for my old stomach to handle
yeah, my friend wastotally stoked on the harvest fest and is even more commited than ever to next years crop
hes even saying i should bring them over early spring
there were a few ground rules established before this grow and i don think he realizes how big a 6m old pot plant can get outdoors
we will talk more but im looking foreward to next years outdoor
/samples of this plant are proving to be off the charts
hes coming over this friday (the mrs is making chili and corn bread) and i think he wants to toke up
im really looking foreward to teh weekend

Rodehazrd

:tiphat:Hello Tribe
I hope all are well,It is show time for me on my candy kush regs. BB seeds candyland X OG kush. I used a heat mat and the 14 hour light cycle with added Nitrogen at the third leaf set. I used half strength calcium Nitrate. This is Jorge's method for more females. After the 6th set of leaves I went to the 18 hour lights. I am 8 days into the switch and I only see one male leaning plant. That would be 8 of 10 started one did not make it it damped off. I thought I could have gotten a bag of unlabeled fems but one is showing small balls now. I can't wait to see some flowers on these girls. Its the broadest leaf strain I've grown. I put the phostrell bone char High P on half of them and watered all with a worm tea don't see any change at all in the bone char half.
I used the Mammoth P in the tea its a P fixing microbe.

Fiddynut

everything is looking good fiddy!
is that twine i see stretched across the canopy?
is it for overall support or are there plans of lst in the future?
thats crazy,bro, because i actually feel like standard time is normal
i stay up a bit later but wake up feeling super happy and refreshed
/like, it dosent matter how late i stay up (within reason), as long as i can sleep in till 6a standard time and im good to go
but i have been asking around and it seems like half the people i talk to dont like this side of the time change
/most common answer is that when it gets dark they feel like its time for bed
hopefully it wont take long for you to adjust and you will be back on track in no time
i do agree that i dont like how it messes wiht the timers and you ahve to reset those, or have the lights come on an hour earlier
i ,ade fried chicken this weekend too!
but instead of making country fried ( my favorite) i made it spicy, kind of like popeyes chciken
it was good but maybe a bit too spicy for my old stomach to handle
yeah, my friend wastotally stoked on the harvest fest and is even more commited than ever to next years crop
hes even saying i should bring them over early spring
there were a few ground rules established before this grow and i don think he realizes how big a 6m old pot plant can get outdoors
we will talk more but im looking foreward to next years outdoor
/samples of this plant are proving to be off the charts
hes coming over this friday (the mrs is making chili and corn bread) and i think he wants to toke up
im really looking foreward to teh weekend
Good afternoon pop_rocks.

Yep it's twine in the pic alright. I use two bamboo poles in each pot 180 degrees from each other and then I use the string to kind of keep the branches tied in so they don't spread out too much. As the buds get heavy I add more string to keep them from flopping over. Works pretty well, a little like a tomato cage.

I guess I wouldn't mind standard time if they just left the clocks alone. I hear what people are saying about feeling tired earlier when it's dark by 5 pm and I get a bit of that. I just have such a hard time sleeping in that any little advantage I get helps. If I could get up at 6 and feel well rested that would be great but I like to be able to sleep until at least 7 or so. I should be adjusted soon and the plants are allready half way there as of today.

Spicy fried chicken sounds good. I think the most important part of fried chicken is to really get a lot of flavor, spices, and salt into the flour that becomes the nice crispy breading. If that is bland the chicken will be too. I don't usually brine the chicken first but sometimes I give it a nice soak in some buttermilk with salt added. Buttermilk is nice and thick and sticky and holds the flour on nicely. I love it but it stinks up the house when I fry inside and it's getting too cold to fry outside around here.

Sounds like harvest went really well and that's cool he is still in for next year. Your right that planting in spring would make for a really long veg and a huge bush. It would be hard to hide that from the neighbors. I'd think you would want to use a huge 50-100 gallon pot for sure on thing like that, maybe a kiddy pool or something haha. I'm stoked to hear that the samples are really good. I hope you guys have a good time this weekend and he enjoys smoking the fruits of your labor.

I'm making chili this weekend too. Sunday is the last motogp race of the season and it's kind of traditional for a couple bike nuts I work with to come over and watch the race. Racing, beer and chili are a great combo, oh and bowls too of course!

Fiddynut

:tiphat:Hello Tribe
I hope all are well,It is show time for me on my candy kush regs. BB seeds candyland X OG kush. I used a heat mat and the 14 hour light cycle with added Nitrogen at the third leaf set. I used half strength calcium Nitrate. This is Jorge's method for more females. After the 6th set of leaves I went to the 18 hour lights. I am 8 days into the switch and I only see one male leaning plant. That would be 8 of 10 started one did not make it it damped off. I thought I could have gotten a bag of unlabeled fems but one is showing small balls now. I can't wait to see some flowers on these girls. Its the broadest leaf strain I've grown. I put the phostrell bone char High P on half of them and watered all with a worm tea don't see any change at all in the bone char half.
I used the Mammoth P in the tea its a P fixing microbe.
Good afternoon Rodehazrd.

The light manipulation in veg to get more girls isn't someting I've heard of before. Sounds like it has done a good job this time for you. I got 4 lady's out of 5 seeds popped last time and was thinking the same thing as you before I caught the male. Maybe these are fem seeds, but they weren't.

I'm dealing with the opposite leave expression as you are. The plants I've grown in the past have been fat leaf and darker green but these are skinnier and lighter on color. A couple are what I'd call medium fat and the others on the skinny side but all way skinnier that the indica Dom plants I've grown before. I'm beginning to wonder if they are going to be a bit longer to flower because of there sativa leaning genetics. Since that is a possibility I'm going to hold off on getting the clones cut for the next batch so I can have some extra time to finish what's allready flowering.