What's new

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Fiddynut

hahha,yeah the girls can be a hand full for sure
/sounds you know where im coming from,brother! did you grow up in a house full of girls like i did?
the dance was big fun and we all enjoyed ourselves!
you are very observant,friend!
schmoopy is doing really well and is going to produce nicely
/im estimating about 4-6o of prime from a 3g bucket of dirt
the best part is my friend is a very good foster dad and wants to host more next year
/working on cracking some seed right now and im on the hunt for new some new plants

for me the time in the garden is time well spent
sometimes garden time is the only time i can just let my mind flow freely and not tihnk about the world at large
/even a few moments of peace can mean so much, i dont really watch tv and while i dont take things too seriously at work, my job can be very stressful

dident know you were that into football f'nut!
sucks to see rogers go down but it happens
hes had a great career and still has a lot of miles left on him but he wont be around forever
it will be interesting to see how the rest of your season works itself out
but like you said, it gives your team a chance to develope on other levels
Good morning pop_rocks.

I actually didn't have any sisters growing up but I had a couple buddy's who had multiple sisters and learned from them. I remember being at a buddies house the day of his sisters prom once and it was a flurry of activity. He said to stay out of the way and I'd be fine. I'm glad to hear everyone had a great time, including you.

I'd bet your buddy is getting excited for Schmoopys harvest. You guys did a great job with her, nice teamwork. Sounds like a really nice yeild coming from her. I can't wait to see some of the dried buds and hear the smoke report. That's great that he wants to do more, maybe this can be a yearly event for you guys.

Your right that time in the garden is well spent. I've been spending plenty of time in mine lately. Between checking cuts, clones and rooted clones in pots and the lady's that I'm flowering I'm spending at least a couple hours a day doing this and that with the plants.

I wouldn't say I'm a big fan of the game of football but I watch the packer games and am a fan of the home team. I've seen enough gam s over my lifetime to know that a balanced team is more likely to be in every game. When you put too much on any one player i.e. Brett Favre or Rogers you make them less effective and when they don't have a good game you usually loose. Having a great QB is something everyone wants but it can cause the rest of the game to suffer.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
afternoon bruh

yeah, he is totally excited!
even said he might want to smoke some of her with us
i said he should pick out a branch and that would be his too
/he dosent really smoke but if he ever wanted any i would totally hook him up for free
we have been having this crazy heat lately so ive been putting extra water on her
i would like to take her down this weekend and will talk to my buddy about it

theres some baseball on tonight, do you like any other sports besides football?
i hear things like hockey are big in the north
you are right, you have had a whole generation grow up on top quality quarterbacking, with brett farve and arron rogers
hopefully the team improves on other fronts, so when rogers comes back they will be that much better

Fiddynut

Hello Tribe
Well the cold and nasty has arrived as if 50 degree days are that bad will be glad to have one of these type days in Jan.
Nice article Fiddy I now know way more about calcium. Understanding it slowly along with base saturation numbers.
I got a response from Fertrell on using the bone char stuff, he was very helpful but really discouraged my 241 goal for npk. He wants to sell more balanced mixes and I just want to bump P.
anyway he said

2.) Phostrell 0-6-0 32Ca - recomend 9#/cu yd or 1/3#/cu ft or .05#/gallon of media
The more I read about Fertrell the more impressed I am with their approach.
I don't have their chelated calcium yet but hope to get some to use as a foliar in the stretch. Otherwise I will use the EJ oilycann as a foliar for that period, along with a gypsum top dress. my Kush babies are pushing the 12" mark now and I plan to go 12-12 around first of the Month they should be 18-20" by then and ready to stretch out to about 40".
Never grown many kushies before. I had the Larry interuptus where I ran to the woods so not a very good grow by me yet. I did very much enjoy the Larry by CC and would give it high marks. One friend said he thought it was the best ever. but the filtered light in the forest did not give me tight buds like I am used to with the headband. The buzz was unique and I will run her again. No hermies just nice girls and boys.
Its time to get mixing the media for the 3 gal pots for the CK adding the phostrell and my own homemade worm castings.
:tiphat:
Good afternoon Rodehazrd.

Yes the cold moved through here on Sunday morning bringing rain and falling temps. Plenty more cold and rain here today and cool temps predicted all week so you will probably get more of the same. You bring up a great point that this weather in January or even March would be considered a nice day. We've been spoiled by nice weather this fall so far so it's a big change from the sunny and seventies we've been enjoying.

That phostrell sounds like a good way to get some P into the mix. Im glad they were able to clarify the amount to use for amending your soil. I'm glad to hear that your baby's are doing well. Also glad you are giving the Larrys another shot, like you said the first run ended up being in less than ideal conditions.

Fiddynut

afternoon bruh

yeah, he is totally excited!
even said he might want to smoke some of her with us
i said he should pick out a branch and that would be his too
/he dosent really smoke but if he ever wanted any i would totally hook him up for free
we have been having this crazy heat lately so ive been putting extra water on her
i would like to take her down this weekend and will talk to my buddy about it

theres some baseball on tonight, do you like any other sports besides football?
i hear things like hockey are big in the north
you are right, you have had a whole generation grow up on top quality quarterbacking, with brett farve and arron rogers
hopefully the team improves on other fronts, so when rogers comes back they will be that much better
Good afternoon pop_rocks.

That's a great idea for him to get a branch to himself. After the cure he could leave it in a mason jar in a dark spot for a long time before it starts to lose potency. I hope he takes it easy and just puffs enough to get a little lifted and not 'too high' as some can get when not experienced every day smokers. I hope you guys have a good time chopping this weekend.

I think I heard that there was a heat wave in SoCal. I saw that there may be 100 degree temps for the first game of the World Series tonight. It's really cooling off here. Highs in the mid 40's this week. Might get some snow flurries on Saturday morning even.

I think I like baseball the most of the stick and ball sports. It's a nice chill game that's easy to watch or listen to. I also think there is a lot more going on in baseball than most people know about with all the positioning and shifts these days. It's fun to see how a pitcher works various hitters. Hockey is a great game to play or watch in person. I don't think it translates to tv very well but we have a minor league hockey team in Milwaukee that are a blast to see play. It's reasonable to get a ticket and beer and food are cheaper too than a football/basketball/baseball game.

Badfishy1

Hockey is underrated in my opinion.
Football receiver- ‘hang nail coach gotta IR for a few weeks’
Hockey player- ‘coach why you take me out? I just lost 4 teeth brah but I’ll chew w my molars get me back in’

As far as the organic soil, I’m not an expert (but i did stay at a holiday in express!). I’ve read a few places that during harvest, cut stem don’t uproot. The roots being left in the soil still have uptake ready nutrients that will remain and are available for next go round instantly. If this is basic knowledge i apologize

Fiddynut

Update and pics

Update and pics

Greetings tribe.

Here we are on day 20 of bloom and the lady's are getting big. I hope thay are just about done growing taller as I'm just about out of space to rase the light. I have them arranged so that the tallest tops of the tallest plants are off to the side of the light, otherwise they would be too close. Tallest top as of this morning was 46" tall(above the rim of the pot). The plants look great up top and the bud development is good for day 20. Here is a whole tent view and a close up of one of the tops.

When I was watering last night I noticed a couple of the lowest leaves on 2 of the plants are showing some yellowing. I have to get a look at the leaf chart to see what is going on here. This is what they look like.

Some spotting on this one. This is the only leaf on this plant with any signs of trouble.

This next one is a close up and then a pic of the plant overall. Yellowing that looks like mg deficiency to me. I gave cal/mag last two waterings since they are stretching and using a lot of energy.

Before I get too worried I'm going to wait and see if the leaf symptoms progress in the next couple days.
I'd love the tribes opinion of the leaves here. Do I have a problem or is this a result of my minimal nutrient schedule? Could it just be that they arnt getting much light down there? If it's a mag deficiency should I use Epsom salts instead of more cal/mag so I don't cause other issues down the road? Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Fiddynut

Hockey is underrated in my opinion.
Football receiver- ‘hang nail coach gotta IR for a few weeks’
Hockey player- ‘coach why you take me out? I just lost 4 teeth brah but I’ll chew w my molars get me back in’

As far as the organic soil, I’m not an expert (but i did stay at a holiday in express!). I’ve read a few places that during harvest, cut stem don’t uproot. The roots being left in the soil still have uptake ready nutrients that will remain and are available for next go round instantly. If this is basic knowledge i apologize
Good afternoon Badfishy.

You are right that hockey players are as tough as they come. I have a couple friends that play and I wouldn't want to get in a bar fight with (against) them.

I've read about leaving the old roots in for organic and especially no till gardening and it makes sense. I think if you do that I've read you should use an enzyme of some sort to get the old roots to break down and release their nutes.

Fiddynut

Update and pics

Update and pics

Just want to do a quick cloner and clone update. I planted a second set of clones from the cloner today and culled the rest of the unused clones. For a first try the cloner worked great. All of the cuts rooted, the last one took a few more days but most had rooted within about a week or so. After 15 days in the cloner the cuts were getting hungry and the roots were getting so long that they were getting tangled with the other cuts. I also had a little slime in the cloner but some h2o2 cleaned that right up. The first set of cuts that were rooted in rooters never started growing and I trashed them too since I have 2 copies of each plant allredy. Here are the second set of cuts planted this morning.

And the first set that went into soil a week ago.

I'm seeing new growth on all 4 of the first set.

Here is the happy family.

Rodehazrd

Just want to do a quick cloner and clone update. I planted a second set of clones from the cloner today and culled the rest of the unused clones. For a first try the cloner worked great. All of the cuts rooted, the last one took a few more days but most had rooted within about a week or so. After 15 days in the cloner the cuts were getting hungry and the roots were getting so long that they were getting tangled with the other cuts. I also had a little slime in the cloner but some h2o2 cleaned that right up. The first set of cuts that were rooted in rooters never started growing and I trashed them too since I have 2 copies of each plant allredy. Here are the second set of cuts planted this morning.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74345&pictureid=1794742View Image
And the first set that went into soil a week ago.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74345&pictureid=1794743View Image
I'm seeing new growth on all 4 of the first set.

Here is the happy family.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74345&pictureid=1794744View Image
Wow those clones are rocking. I want to be like Fiddy when I grow up:groupwave:

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey Fiddynuts, looks like we are neck and neck. I am at day 22. I got most of my clones rooted, only need 10 more to root going to fire up the big room in the next week or too. It's freaking hot this week so just waiting for it to cool off, and for a few more clones to root.going to be a green x mas.

Rodehazrd

Greetings tribe.

Here we are on day 20 of bloom and the lady's are getting big. I hope thay are just about done growing taller as I'm just about out of space to rase the light. I have them arranged so that the tallest tops of the tallest plants are off to the side of the light, otherwise they would be too close. Tallest top as of this morning was 46" tall(above the rim of the pot). The plants look great up top and the bud development is good for day 20. Here is a whole tent view and a close up of one of the tops.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74345&pictureid=1794737View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74345&pictureid=1794738View Image

When I was watering last night I noticed a couple of the lowest leaves on 2 of the plants are showing some yellowing. I have to get a look at the leaf chart to see what is going on here. This is what they look like.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74345&pictureid=1794740View Image
Some spotting on this one. This is the only leaf on this plant with any signs of trouble.

This next one is a close up and then a pic of the plant overall. Yellowing that looks like mg deficiency to me. I gave cal/mag last two waterings since they are stretching and using a lot of energy.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74345&pictureid=1794739View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74345&pictureid=1794741View Image

Before I get too worried I'm going to wait and see if the leaf symptoms progress in the next couple days.
I'd love the tribes opinion of the leaves here. Do I have a problem or is this a result of my minimal nutrient schedule? Could it just be that they arnt getting much light down there? If it's a mag deficiency should I use Epsom salts instead of more cal/mag so I don't cause other issues down the road? Thanks in advance for your opinions.
Fiddy that looks normal to me but I may have always been deficient. Slo says now is the time to push Ca and P as she's stacking up the framework for the buds of later and whats already there after the 4th to 5th week is all you get in the flowers, topdress gypsum and some high P bird doo would be my approach. The gypsum will lock up some more of the Mg if thats what we see but a lot of those yellowing leaf pictures of sick plants look the same to me. And the often confused with list just goes on. Low Mg and S look the same to me and the gypsum has S.
I read that a lack of an element takes two weeks to show up. Assume a week to correct the problem and we're backed down on yield and quality by three weeks or 15% of the life of the plant. And that assumes a speedy correct remedy. :tiphat:

Fiddynut

Hey Fiddynuts, looks like we are neck and neck. I am at day 22. I got most of my clones rooted, only need 10 more to root going to fire up the big room in the next week or too. It's freaking hot this week so just waiting for it to cool off, and for a few more clones to root.going to be a green x mas.
Good afternoon Packerfan.

Yes this should be fun. We can race to harvest. Not sure how long this strain goes it's not one that I can find much info or grow reports on. I'm looking forward to a green Xmas too.

Fiddynut

Wow those clones are rocking. I want to be like Fiddy when I grow up:groupwave:
Thanks Rodehazrd. I'll keep updating as I use this cloner but if it works like this every time I'm going to be using it a lot:).

Fiddy that looks normal to me but I may have always been deficient. Slo says now is the time to push Ca and P as she's stacking up the framework for the buds of later and whats already there after the 4th to 5th week is all you get in the flowers, topdress gypsum and some high P bird doo would be my approach. The gypsum will lock up some more of the Mg if thats what we see but a lot of those yellowing leaf pictures of sick plants look the same to me. And the often confused with list just goes on. Low Mg and S look the same to me and the gypsum has S.
I read that a lack of an element takes two weeks to show up. Assume a week to correct the problem and we're backed down on yield and quality by three weeks or 15% of the life of the plant. And that assumes a speedy correct remedy. :tiphat:

Thanks for your opinion brother. I'm hoping it clears it self up now that I fed the cal/mag back to back waterings. I must avoid taking a big swing at an issue that I'm unsure of. I'm still going light on the nutes but feeding every watering during the stretch here. The diamond nectar I'm using for humic's has 0-1-1 so that is boosting my P and K some. I'm hoping like you said that its just taking a while to show up as I wasn't feeding much a couple weeks ago. What is 'S'?
I'm with you on a lot of leaf symptoms looking very similar. Until I'm sure there is an issue I'll hold off on doing anything stupid.

packerfan79

Veteran
Good afternoon Packerfan.

Yes this should be fun. We can race to harvest. Not sure how long this strain goes it's not one that I can find much info or grow reports on. I'm looking forward to a green Xmas too.

I will most likely run 9 to 9.5 weeks with this round. I am ready for something different. My ghost ogs are massive, a foot above everything, going to do some staking this week sometime. Got so.e nice little bunches of pistils, shit is getting interesting.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
hell yeah its been hot,p'fan
its the dry heat so its not as uncomfortable as the humidity we had earlier in they year, but when ever you hit tripple digits, its freaking hot

so my buddy comes home this week but im kind of reluctant to cut down my plant with the heat and especially the low humidity
today was supposed to be the worst of it so im hoping it will be closer to normal temps by the time we get to the weekend
im going for a nice slow dry at his house and then we will each cure our own
i will be sure to post up some smoke reports one i can
i would like to tell you good things about the seeds ive been trying to sprout but ive had low strike rates with the nirvana mystery seeds
and something ate a bunch of the sprouts of the others

hope everyone is having a great week

packerfan79

Veteran
its the dry heat so its not as uncomfortable as the humidity we had earlier in they year, but when ever you hit tripple digits, its freaking hot

so my buddy comes home this week but im kind of reluctant to cut down my plant with the heat and especially the low humidity
today was supposed to be the worst of it so im hoping it will be closer to normal temps by the time we get to the weekend
i would like to tell you good things about the seeds ive been trying to sprout but ive had low strike rates with the nirvana mystery seeds

Sounds like it's time to start seed shopping their pop rocks. Lol seeds are my addiction.

Rodehazrd

Hey Pop Rocks,
Why would you wait for a less dry day to harvest I would want one like that.
School me please I may be looking at this wrong. I don't deal with your weather. Are you thinking it would dry too fast and be hay flavored?:tiphat:

Rodehazrd

In altering my mix I worry about PH, I usually don't pay attention to it as it has not changed much in the last few years. I went for the tape and it was ruined from a spill. So off to the grow store for a new roll. I only found a testing kit using drops but took it anyway.I do love that lavender color of the of the tape when It hit 6, The clerk noticed my scowl and as a perk gave me some samples,
I have been on a mission to increase my P without additives. and here in the bag is a sample of Mammoth P a P fixing bacterial blend. It's made in Ft Collins and I think its their only product at this time.
Looking at the sample my scowl turned over and I was as happy as if I had good sense.
There's just no accounting for what the universe will send.:tiphat:

Fiddynut

I should have known that. I don't hear a lot about sulfur but I'm interested in learning more about how it affects the plants. I did recently hear someone mention that more sulfur amps up the terps but it was just an aside to another point he was making. Time for me to read up on how S interacts with plants.

In altering my mix I worry about PH, I usually don't pay attention to it as it has not changed much in the last few years. I went for the tape and it was ruined from a spill. So off to the grow store for a new roll. I only found a testing kit using drops but took it anyway.I do love that lavender color of the of the tape when It hit 6, The clerk noticed my scowl and as a perk gave me some samples,
I have been on a mission to increase my P without additives. and here in the bag is a sample of Mammoth P a P fixing bacterial blend. It's made in Ft Collins and I think its their only product at this time.
Looking at the sample my scowl turned over and I was as happy as if I had good sense.
There's just no accounting for what the universe will send.:tiphat:

I have used a pH pen and the drops and I like the drops best. I think I let my pen get out of calibration or it quit working and I had a bad experience so I've been using the drops since then. That yellow green that they show at 6.5 is easy to spot and repeat.
I remember reading a lot of good things about mammoth p when I was researching nutrients and additives. Sounds like a great product. Sometimes it's not about getting more of something into the soil but getting it out of the soil and into the plant.