What's new

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Floridian

Veteran
Hey folks first full day in my house sine everything was remodled and basically totally redone.Man what a difference I have to admit I kind of let it go when I was growing,just got a little lazy and just worried about my harvests,not my house.I bought it in 1999 and even then I needed a new floor among many other things.I got a nice wood floor with deco tile in the kitchen and bathroom along with all brand new fixtures and appliances,man its like a totally different place.Central heat and air and painting the exterior is about all I have left to do.My moms little dogs seem to like the big back yard and seem comfortable enough,my brother can't believe I'm going to keep them,he doesn't quite get when you say something to your dying mom you really shouldmean it.They're good little lapdog's anyway,it's just the three stooges now lol.Maybe one of you guys can help me with a little technical computer problem I have had since I got hooked up yesterday,to put it shortly my letters are so small I can hardly read what I'm typing.At my moms house the letters on the posts were good size,easy to read.I can just barely read what I'm typing right now,and that's no exaggeration.I know it's something pretty simple I just don't know what to do.These letters are pretty tiny and if you can guide me I'd really appreciate it

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
@floridian
like ronbo said, ctrl+ or go to that little pull down menu in the upper right corner and it has different zoom settings (if you are using chrome)
the new place sounds really nice and i hope you are enjoying it
you cant be serious about your brother?
if you make a promise, you keep a promise
especially to your mom
plus dogs are way cool and they are a connection to your mom, take good care of them guys for sure

chlorine can punch holes in the Ro membrane
def give the water some time to off gas before pulling it through the RO system
good idea stocking up on water to get you by
your young plants look great,man!
im looking fore ward to this weeeknds games and will def be tuning in to the packers
one more day fiddy, we got this one in the bag brother

hope everyone has had a great week

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey Floridian, nice to see that some people still honor their promises. I try to be that way myself. Say what you do, and do what you say. You can lose everything, but your word is not something to go back on.

Been a ling week but it's almost time to kick off the weekend. I have no kids tommorow night, woo hoo time to rock out with my , well you guys know how the saying goes.

Fiddynuts, babies are looking good.

It's freaking cold the last couple days. I am loving it.

Hope everyone has a great Friday, and weekend.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
right on p'fan
you under stand what a mans word should mean
is it just you and the mrs or is she gone with the kids?
twist up some fatties and enjoy yourself this friday
/how is the new job going btw?

so my buddy sent me a ton of pics of schoopy
i ahvent gone through all of them but i did ask him to try and frame one like the others, for reference
i will stop by tomorrow night and take a few myself but she looks like she is well into early bloom

picture.php

View image in gallery

packerfan79

Veteran
right on p'fan

i ahvent gone through all of them but i did ask him to try and frame one like the others, for reference
i will stop by tomorrow night and take a few myself but she looks like she is well into early bloom

Pop Rocks, it's just me and the,wife going to have an adult night.no power rangers. Lol works good got my first check today, so that's good. I am having a hard time , because they are lazy as fuck and I like to keep moving. I spent 5 hours putting together 300 stupid brackets. Waiting for material to finish a project that's late, and then when we got almost done with it they pulled us and had us build another order that we could have done earlier in the day. Neither job got finished. It's weird people come and go as they please, leave early, no show, late start. No consequences. Coming from a construction background it's weird, I want to fire people. They fired a guy on Friday, he came back to work on Monday. It took them 4 hours to tell him again to go home.

Rodehazrd

If you want knock out bud don't sleep on the black triangle. Gogi was a heavy yeilder, but kinda finicky though. I got some cherry ssdd going now.
Thanks PF
The Gogi was finicky how? Which phenos did you prefer?
I will be in soil you do coco and soil don't You? I don't have a test yet on the local ground but plan to try a few mounds too.
Black Triangle on my list. thanks again
Rodehazrd:tiphat:

Fiddynut

Thanks Fiddy for the ego stroke no luck on the pump yet but haven't spent much energy on it. I will run an inverter and aquarium pump as a last resort I have some telecom batteries to charge during daytime. A friend does fountain art and uses solar powered pumps to run them, I will get the scoop from him. I hope not to need much more than a good stirring up each day
Bodi catalog I cant find anything I don't want to run first. but so far
Gogi OG, Moontang, Space Monkey, and a name like SSDD well I must have some of that.
Packer fan likes his Terpanado so thats on the list too. I read a lot of the Bodhi threads and so far found one complaint about weak stems Ha. I hope all mine try to break.
I hope to take 8 packs to start so I still need a hard core knock out put you pajamas on first strain
Good morning Rodehazrd.

I want to try the moontang and sunshine day dream as well. The strain I'm growing now is very similar to the moontang but uses the JB cut of chem91 instead of th SVA cut that moontang uses, both having the snow lotus dad. I have high hopes for this strain and can't wait to get them flowering.

Rodehazrd

Good morning Rodehazrd.

I want to try the moontang and sunshine day dream as well. The strain I'm growing now is very similar to the moontang but uses the JB cut of chem91 instead of th SVA cut that moontang uses, both having the snow lotus dad. I have high hopes for this strain and can't wait to get them flowering.

Yeah that moontang makes a monster bush outdoors.

Fiddynut

Hey folks first full day in my house sine everything was remodled and basically totally redone.Man what a difference I have to admit I kind of let it go when I was growing,just got a little lazy and just worried about my harvests,not my house.I bought it in 1999 and even then I needed a new floor among many other things.I got a nice wood floor with deco tile in the kitchen and bathroom along with all brand new fixtures and appliances,man its like a totally different place.Central heat and air and painting the exterior is about all I have left to do.My moms little dogs seem to like the big back yard and seem comfortable enough,my brother can't believe I'm going to keep them,he doesn't quite get when you say something to your dying mom you really shouldmean it.They're good little lapdog's anyway,it's just the three stooges now lol.Maybe one of you guys can help me with a little technical computer problem I have had since I got hooked up yesterday,to put it shortly my letters are so small I can hardly read what I'm typing.At my moms house the letters on the posts were good size,easy to read.I can just barely read what I'm typing right now,and that's no exaggeration.I know it's something pretty simple I just don't know what to do.These letters are pretty tiny and if you can guide me I'd really appreciate it
Good morning Floridian.

Welcome home!
You've been very patient and through a lot recently. I'm glad to hear you are digging your upgraded crib.

I'm glad you are able to care for the dogs. They lost their pack leader when your mom passed and it's tough on them too. I'm sure having you there made the transition easer for them. Dogs deserve a good life and being in a shelter is not that. I'm with the others that promises should be kept and in the end all you have is your word. I bet the dogs help keep you company too and that is a good thing.

I use an iPad for my web surfing and don't even have a regular computer so can't help with text size but I hope the others have helped with that.

Fiddynut

@floridian
like ronbo said, ctrl+ or go to that little pull down menu in the upper right corner and it has different zoom settings (if you are using chrome)
the new place sounds really nice and i hope you are enjoying it
you cant be serious about your brother?
if you make a promise, you keep a promise
especially to your mom
plus dogs are way cool and they are a connection to your mom, take good care of them guys for sure

chlorine can punch holes in the Ro membrane
def give the water some time to off gas before pulling it through the RO system
good idea stocking up on water to get you by
your young plants look great,man!
im looking fore ward to this weeeknds games and will def be tuning in to the packers
one more day fiddy, we got this one in the bag brother

hope everyone has had a great week

right on p'fan

Good morning pop_rocks.

Looks like I have to do a chlorine test or something and make sure it's out before I start running water again. I'm good for a few weeks so I'll do some research and see how to proceed. The well guys said shock was mandatory when they pull pump so I didn't have any say in it. Glad I stocked up before the project. The filters need the water pressure to push the water through so I can't let it gas off first unless I found a way to pump it through from a bucket or something.

Plants seem nice and happy. So far it looks like 2 are taller and may be the males but we will see about that. They have 6 or 7 nodes so should be showing presex soon.

Schmoopy looks nice and she is starting to flower well. Looks like you guys are going to have some nice toppers on her.

Friday came nice and quick this week. I'm really looking forward to the weekend. I've got a brisket to o put on the smoker on Sunday and a big game to watch Sunday night.

Fiddynut

Hey Floridian, nice to see that some people still honor their promises. I try to be that way myself. Say what you do, and do what you say. You can lose everything, but your word is not something to go back on.

Been a ling week but it's almost time to kick off the weekend. I have no kids tommorow night, woo hoo time to rock out with my , well you guys know how the saying goes.

Fiddynuts, babies are looking good.

It's freaking cold the last couple days. I am loving it.

Hope everyone has a great Friday, and weekend.
Good morning Packerfan.

Glad to hear it is finally starting to cool off there. I hope the weather stays cool for you so that you can get a jump on your fall grow. Do you run lights at night there since its cooler after sundown?

Rodehazrd

Floridian
I cant believe your bro was surprised you were honoring your word. You paying top dollar for a bargain basement brother in my opinion.
There are biological families and logical families sometimes they coincide ..... I'll let you cuss him he's yours. Glad you are getting settled look forward to some pix of your work. Hope recovery comes soon. I thought of you this week when we planted a tree in the park for my friend who's recently late. We often give the gift of a flowering tree for friends who have lost someone. I'm sending you a Crepe Myrtle in my mind no make that two one red one white.
Rodehazrd

Floridian

Veteran
Man Ronbo that was good thanks for the remedy,I can see!!I knew it was simple but not that simple.Me and the girls are settling in and the little 800 ft square footer never looked so good.From a growhouse to a showhouse lol,and back again when I settle on LED's or DE HID's,I couldn't give away my 3 1K HPS vertizontal's and 2 AC MH fixtures one 1K MH and a sun systems 800W combo,my favorite.They are sitting in a friends garage and they will probably sit there awhile,maybe never to be used again nobody wants them,damn they are only 10 years old or a lil older lol.I don't get it haha.Thanks for all your support folks take care.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening fellas'

the mrs has left and it looks like i will be flying solo for the day
im ready for a nice weekend and have everything ready to go
we stopped by my friends house last night and i got another pic of schmoopy, i will call him later and have him send it to me
she looks like she is doing well and it looks like she is going to have a few nice tops
plus the smell is amazing for a plant only starting to flower
we talked a little about it and he sounded really interested in hosting more plants
i even suggested that we look at getting him some seeds and letting him grow one out from seed to flower

so are you going to season the brisket up before smoking it?
i have a piece of steak and some chicken ive been letting sit for a couple days in this salt rub
its a similar rub to the one you gave me fiddy for the corned beef, but with some more pepper and some cumin
the steak will get a good rinse in fresh water before hitting the grill
im going to country fry the chicken
i think this sundays packer game could be one of the better games this weeeknd

this is a stand up group of guys and i think we all wish floridians mom a great send off
add another tree to that picture,rode (make this one a jacaranda covered in purple blooms)
hope you and the dogs are having a great weeeknd brother

Fiddynut

Good morning jungle tribe.

@floridian- glad you can see again. My eyes are getting worse and I fear I may have to finally break down and get glasses sometime in the next couple years. I was told I should have them 30 years ago but have been stubborn and not done so. I'm glad you and the dogs are getting settled. Can't wait to see you growing again once you make up your mind. I'll line up with Rodehazrd and pop and picture a Japanese magnolia like we have in the yard with white flowers.

@ Rodehazrd That's a great idea to plant a tree for a loved one. We did that with my aunt when she passed a few years ago. The whole family went to a nursery and each picked a tree or shrub to plant to remember her by.

@pop_rocks. It's always nice to have some relaxing time to yourself. Sounds like schmoopy is a happy lady. Looking forward to pics. She's defenatly going to have some nice tops on her. I wish the Internet had a way to post or email the smell of her so we could all enjoy her. I'd defenatly get more growing at your buddies house since he's so into it.

I like to go simple for seasoning a brisket. I use to do a BBQ rub with chilies and more spices but once I tried it with just salt and pepper I fell in love. The simple meat, salt, pepper and smoke flavors are very complementary and let the meat shine. I am considering a light dusting of garlic and onion powder on this one as I think that would be really good too. I'll get some pics and post up what I end up doing and some shots of how I did it.

Your steak and chicken sound great. A couple days of dry brine should be some juicy meat. Going heavy on the run and washing the excess off is a great method for getting some great flavor. I haven't made a good country fried chicken for a long while and now I'm craving it. I'm sure you will put a lot of love in that food and it will be excellent.

Looks like another setback for my grow here guys. After getting my well redone last week I had a sewer drain back up in my basement last weekend. I had a sewer and drain company out to fix it and was just about done cleaning up as of yesterday. This morning I went down to change laundry and there was a couple inches of water down there again. I've not had any other backups in the few years we've been here. Now with 2 in a week I'm loosing confidence in my plumbing. I'm lucky my tents weren't down there or they would have been flooded with sewer water. Even if the guy fixes it today I'm not sure what to do. I have to wait until I'm sure there won't be any more of these before setting back up. Meanwhile my plants are going to be ready for flower in a couple weeks max and I don't know if I'll have the flower area back up yet. It seems like this whole plumbing issue will drag on and on. This was supposed to be a short break to fix the well and I wanted to be back up and running again by now. I really hope this gets fixed and I never have this problem again. Once it's fix d I have to start the cleanup all over again. Ok, I vented and feel a little better now. I'm not going to let this wreck a nice weekend. I have disc golf to play and a brisket to cook and a packer game to watch. I hope everyone is happy and healthy and has a great weekend...Fiddy.

packerfan79

Veteran
What's up jungle mates, had a pretty good week, got a lot to do this weekend. I have to get on my 12 page term paper. I picked General George Meade the general who led the union to victory at Gettysburg. Plants still aren't showing sex yet. I guess I have to clone for sex.

Floridian, may your mom rest in peace. May you have some peace of mind that you were there to the end, and have kept her wishes. That makes you a great son. We all have our faults, but the way you treat those close to you shows what kind of heart you have. Glad to hear you are getting settled in. Hope to see a grow diary, or some pics in here from ya.

I have to replace the electric box for the shed. It's all black on the top and the seal around the cover is dryer out. I am getting excited for the coming crops. The work load is somewhat daunting with work, school, grow, and holidays. It will be worth it in the end. Kinda nervous about the legal that is coming. Hopefully the price will be sky high and I will have nothing to worry about.

Man Fiddynuts, you got me a wee bit jealous that brisket is going to be some good eating. Hopefully the sewer issues Will be handled quickly and not cost to much.

Pop Rocks, sounds like you are going to have a bomb solo dinner.

So my oldest has autism, he is high functioning photographic memory. He's 7, we noticed that when we give him his practice spelling test, he writes 100% awesome job. I was rolling this kid already knows he's got 100%

packerfan79

Veteran
Well I guess I will be throwing it down at the grill today, too . The wife left to run some errands, she calls and says take the ribeyes out of the freezer. Yuumm Buttery ribeye goodness.
:woohoo::biggrin::dance013:

Oh yeah Margaritas are on the menu tonight, had a couple dos xx's can't spell it but it's the beer with 2 xx's.lol sorry I am pretty lit this morning. Gonna be a great weekend.

Badfishy1

Well I guess I will be throwing it down at the grill today, too . The wife left to run some errands, she calls and says take the ribeyes out of the freezer. Yuumm Buttery ribeye goodness.
:woohoo::biggrin::dance013:

Oh yeah Margaritas are on the menu tonight, had a couple dos xx's can't spell it but it's the beer with 2 xx's.lol sorry I am pretty lit this morning. Gonna be a great weekend.

Extra plate bud?