What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Fiddynut

will gladly pour you one fiddy!
just sip em' slow at first, those mixed drinks can pack quite a punch and sneak up on you if you arent careful
/slams back another strong drink
i see how you did your beans now
so you dont change your water several times when you soak?
it sounds great and im def going to be using some brother the next time i make dried beans
talk baout nice plants, that one on the left in the last pic looks dank
great structure and color
you can see how happy they are by the posture of her leafs!
the other one looks taller and may need some bending at some point
do you plan on taking any cuts?

hey fish, while we are all here posting under fiddynuts' thread he has made it clear in the past that the thread isnt just about him
its about all of us
/and anyone else who would like to join in the fun!
there are no derails,friend
we are all here to share grow insights, life lessons and anything else that you want to get off your chest
thanks for letting us share your joy on the enw arrival, this has to be one of the best times of your life

right on floridian
it sounds like it was a tough lesson to learn but you sounds like you are ready to put your life back together
we all make mistakes, just dont let yourself forget all the shit you had to go through to get back on track
i bet your mom is smiling over you right now and she always will be
hope you and the dogs are having a great week

one more day to go and then its finally the weekend
lets finish it off strong
Good afternoon pop_rocks.

That sounds great I could use a cold drink about now. It's 90 degrees and I'm sweating my balls off at work right now. What kind of booze and juice is that? My go to is vodka and tart lemonade but I like just about any juice. Cheers brother.

I don't use dried beans a lot and have mostly used canned for chili and such. Tips I've heard for beans are soak overnight to prevent them from splitting. I haven't heard to change the water but I do rinse them before soaking. I've also heard they beans will tast like what they are cooked in, hence using a broth with aromatics and lots of flavor. Same goes for when I make red beans and rice, lots of aromatics in the broth with a ham bone.

Plants look happy except for the slight light striping on some leaves which I still think is mag deficiency. I'm also in straight happy frog soil, I usually mix it with ocean forest for my first transplant but they were so young I kept it HF. I overdid the cal/mag last grow so I'm using it more sparingly here. You are right the leaves are laying flat or reaching for the light and look happy. They look like they are going to be bushy ones. The plan is to get them sexed ASAP and then transplanted right away. I want to take cuts of the girls just before I put them into flower and I hope that is a week or so from now. I will take back up cuts after a couple weeks to make sure I have some that root. I'd like to use my new dwc cloner for back up cuts to see how well it works, but only if I'm sure the first set of cuts are going well.

Another week has flown by for me. You got anything exciting going on this weekend? Anything going on the grill? I'm going to BBQ a pork butt for Sunday's game and leftovers all week. I hope your week went well and you have a great weekend...Fiddy.

packerfan79

Veteran
What's up jungle mates, been a quick week, only 2 hours and 15 minutes left of the work week. All is pretty good. Got paid lastnight. Once I do my rounds and pick up the money owed to me, I will be on top of the bills again. Feels good to be back in the red. Tommorow we are going apple picking, with my bro and his wife, and mom and dad. We were supposed to go to the beach but it's a little to cold. I picked up a couple bags of coco lastnight. Ready to get the seed plants into flower. Just need to cut about 120 clones. I may let the plants recover for a few days befor the flip. It's been 6 months without anything flowering, going to be nice to get going again.

Glad everyone seems to be getting back to normal in the sunshine State.

Fiddynut

What's up jungle mates, been a quick week, only 2 hours and 15 minutes left of the work week. All is pretty good. Got paid lastnight. Once I do my rounds and pick up the money owed to me, I will be on top of the bills again. Feels good to be back in the red. Tommorow we are going apple picking, with my bro and his wife, and mom and dad. We were supposed to go to the beach but it's a little to cold. I picked up a couple bags of coco lastnight. Ready to get the seed plants into flower. Just need to cut about 120 clones. I may let the plants recover for a few days befor the flip. It's been 6 months without anything flowering, going to be nice to get going again.

Glad everyone seems to be getting back to normal in the sunshine State.
Good afternoon Packerfan.

Your right about it being a great feeling having everything paid up. I hate owing anyone anything especially money.
Have fun apple picking. We did that with my bros daughter last weekend. There is a place here that does apple and pumpkin picking with hay rides and has a bad ass corn maze that you can get lost in for a while.
Too cold for the beach? You can have some of our heat it's in the 90's here today and suppose to stay hot for a few more. I want to jetski this weekend if I have time.
I feel you on wanting some girls in flower again. It's only been a couple months for me but I'm itching to get my plants flipped soon.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
we went to a friends of mrsChickys last night for dinner
the food was great and everyone had a good time
those were vodka and peach juice
my friend dosent drink regularly, but keeps a nicely stocked bar
i like to mix my vodka with peligrino when im at home
/grapefruit and lemon are my favorites
thats crazy abuot it being so warm there
its starting to feel like fall here and the other day it even rained in the morning
im looking foreward to the games tomorrow
hope you are having a great weeeknd too,brother!

Floridian

Veteran
Man the Bucks never fail to disappoint it seems lol.Man did I score Saturday.2016 Toyota Corolla with just under 8K for 13,350,of course with all the taxes and added on bullshit it came to a bit more but I'm really happy with it.It wasn't easy getting someone to insure me but I got progressive for 3,200 bucks every six months.Yea I wish that was a misprint but unfortunately its not.Sure feels good to be mobile again even at the heavy price.

Fiddynut

Good morning friends and jungle tribe.

Wow the weekend really flew by for me. I managed to get a lot done including getting the grow tents set back up. The veg tent is running and has the plants transferred over as of Sunday morning. It's nice to have my closet back and the plants stay cooler in the basement where humidity is good as well. I'm having a hard time getting rid of the mag deficiency but hoping that potting up into ocean forest and giving it a bit more cal/mag will get them cleared up. Other than that they are looking happy. I've been looking closely at them and I think I have 3 girls, 1 boy and another that isn't showing yet. With any luck I'll have them treasplanted in a couple days once I'm sure of sex. I'll then take cuts and get the girls into flower.

@pop_rocks. Glad you guys are having a good time and great food. Peach juice is not something I see very often or have used as a mixer, I'll have to try it sometime, looks good. I love the lemon peligreno for mixers, not too sweet and very lemony. That's a good friend who keeps a nice stocked bar. It's another warm one today, close to or above 90 for the last week now, very unseasonable for us. Glad you are getting some nice cooler weather. I bet it's nice to see a little rain after so much dry weather. Packers looked flat again but somehow managed to get it to overtime and a win. I hope you enjoyed your weekend and the games. Isn't it crazy that the mayor of LA came out last week and said they didn't need a second team, slap in the face if you ask me.

@floridian. Congratulations on your new car. You really don't go wrong with a Toyota. Should last a long time. You are right that driving equals freedom and it must feel great. Man that insurance bill sounds ridiculous, I hope it goes down soon for you.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
way to go floridian!
what a deal, a toyota with less than 10k miles is brand new!
i bet it feels good to have wheels again!

sounds like things are getting back to normal f'nut!
up potting should help and hopefully the girls are happy in their new home
how many more weeks do you plan on vegging for?
i really like the peligrinos too
i used to just use reg lemonaid as my main mixer and maybe throw a splash of seltzer on top of that
but the peligrinos are great, not too sweet and a little bit of fizz
"...the mayor of LA came out last week and said they didn't need a second team, slap in the face if you ask me."
hahaha, i dont know if you are following the football thread on here, but i made a similar statement like that recently
/and of all teams the chargers, a team with almost no local support
but hey, its not about the fans wanted
so we dident stop by my friends house but he did send me some pics
it looks like she has kind of outgrown the picture area, so he had to send two separate photos
im calling the two sides: hers and his

picture.php

View image in gallery

picture.php

View image in gallery

Fiddynut

way to go floridian!
what a deal, a toyota with less than 10k miles is brand new!
i bet it feels good to have wheels again!

sounds like things are getting back to normal f'nut!
up potting should help and hopefully the girls are happy in their new home
how many more weeks do you plan on vegging for?
i really like the peligrinos too
i used to just use reg lemonaid as my main mixer and maybe throw a splash of seltzer on top of that
but the peligrinos are great, not too sweet and a little bit of fizz
"...the mayor of LA came out last week and said they didn't need a second team, slap in the face if you ask me."
hahaha, i dont know if you are following the football thread on here, but i made a similar statement like that recently
/and of all teams the chargers, a team with almost no local support
but hey, its not about the fans wanted
so we dident stop by my friends house but he did send me some pics
it looks like she has kind of outgrown the picture area, so he had to send two separate photos
im calling the two sides: hers and his

Good afternoon pop_rocks.

Things are slowly getting back to normal and not a bit too soon. It's so nice having the plants down where they belong and are in a much more heat and humidity stable environment. It's also realy nice to have the work bench and tables to water and inspect them. I felt so cramped in the closet and having to water in there was no fun. I still have to put the light, fans and ducts in the flower tent so more work to do. As far as veg time I only want to veg long enough to sex, repot and take the cuts. The quicker that happens the less I'm going to have to worry about running out of headroom.

Lemonade and limeade are great but the fizz in the peligreno is really nice.

The history of NFL teams in LA speaks for itself. I just don't get why you'd move two teams to a market that hasn't been able to support one, at least not if your planning on the long haul. As we've talked about before its all about new stadiums and money, but if you arnt selling tickets it dosent make sense. TV deals are going to be getting less lucrative and it just dosent make sense. Like you said it's not about what the fans want.

The two sides of schmoopy are looking nice and happy. She is getting big. I'm glad you guys are still having fun with her. Love the Webber grill in the background too.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
she is doing well! i let my friend know hat a great job he was doing and gave him some more nutrients the other night
if everything goes well i will talk to him about maybe growing out a few more if he wants
at least the rams have a history in la and there are probably a few fans left
/at beast were a rival to the la raiders and dont really fit into the market
hope all your troubles are behind you get your plants back up soon
looks like you could still pull down some bud before the year is out
who dosent love the classic weber kettle?
the nice smoker lives in the garage and he rolls it out back when its time

Rodehazrd

Hello Tribe
I hope this finds all well. I have a question for you more experienced growers.
I have some girls still out in the woods getting chunky in the dappled sun/shade. I haven't really tried to tuck down shade leaves or in any way reveal the buds to the sun. It seems the shaded ones are doing about the same as the ones in the open. So the Question, how much do the sugar leaves really perform in the bud swell and late flowering stage? They are surly close to the flowers so transport is less effort but how much sunlight is needed for their function, if any.
Rodehazrd

Fiddynut

Greetings jungle tribe.

@pop_rocks. Your buddy is doing a great job, lucky for him he has you to help with guidance. The more plants the better. You guys can help each other out with watering and plant care when one of you goes on vacation. You are right the Rams are a better fit (if there is such a thing) for their market. Plants are doing pretty well and growing a lot so seems like an early December harvest is the plan. Webber kettle is one of the most versatile grills you can own. High temp steaks and pizza to smoking at 250 it does a great job. And they are so long lasting too, we have one at the cabin thet is from the 1970's and still in great shape. I keep my drum smoker in the basement so it stays nice and dry and clean too.

@Rodehazrd. I'm well and hope you and your family are too. Your question is an interisting one. The most info about what you are wondering is in the defoliation threads but there is no consensus what so ever. Even though you arnt defoliating your question about how much the sugar leaves produce and the buds themselves is talked about a lot. Does the close proximity to the buds make it worth tucking or taking leaves? I don't know and it seems that it's something people argue a lot about in the threads. I'm happy to hear thet your girls are still out there and doing well I hope.

I'm going to water/light feed the plants one more time before transplanting them. I have one male for sure so I will ditch him and pot the other 4 up. Not sure if all 4 are lady's or not but they should show really soon. Here is a pic of them in their new home in the tent.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
you are right that those webers are versital as heck and build to last!
i have a smokey joe that i have had for almost 30 yrs
i remember sitting on the tail gate of my old dodge pickup and grilling out with that thing when i was just a kid
/i still have the thing in the backyard and use it for when its just me and the mrs (uses less charcoal and still gives food a great flavor)

good question rode'
how far into flowering are these plants?
like f'nut said, there are tons of good threads and lots of information out there,but its almost split 50/50 as far as opinions go
that said, ive never grown out a really good plant that dident have nice big fan leafs
but at a certain point in flowering i dont think they matter as much
the plant isnt growing* any and is giving all er energy to flower/seed production
the larger leafs eventually die off naturally and at some point i dont think they are really adding that much to the plant

Rodehazrd

I want to show two of the Larry Phenotypes I found the one on the left was shorter and had closer branching the one on the right had more stretch and the branches don't alternate she lost her cola in a dash for the woods so not an accurate example of her but both plants came in at just over 300g with the shade leaves pulled. We had a week of 90 degree hot dry days to finish in. Also a pic of the Cotton Candy Cane still out there she never showed a flower till three weeks after the larry. She is starting to bulk up but I fear she may not finish. I have some White Widow out in a tub that also started very late and may not finish either.

Attachments

• IMG_2233.jpg
    IMG_2233.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2225.jpg
    IMG_2225.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 5

Rodehazrd

you are right that those webers are versital as heck and build to last!
i have a smokey joe that i have had for almost 30 yrs
i remember sitting on the tail gate of my old dodge pickup and grilling out with that thing when i was just a kid
/i still have the thing in the backyard and use it for when its just me and the mrs (uses less charcoal and still gives food a great flavor)

good question rode'
how far into flowering are these plants?
like f'nut said, there are tons of good threads and lots of information out there,but its almost split 50/50 as far as opinions go
that said, ive never grown out a really good plant that dident have nice big fan leafs
but at a certain point in flowering i dont think they matter as much
the plant isnt growing* any and is giving all er energy to flower/seed production
the larger leafs eventually die off naturally and at some point i dont think they are really adding that much to the plant

Hey pop those girls were done. I like to tuck them down just to see nice flowers but I don't think it is needed. I do believe the leaves supply stored nutrients before their death. So no defoliation for me.
I'm on my second Weber kettle I made the mistake of putting a cover on my first and it only lasted about 10 years. I think the cover kept it from getting totally dry. The current one sits in the rain for the last 15 years and no issues just have to turn over the grate about every two years as it gets a dip.

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.

Finally it's cooled down today a high of 68 after a week or so near or above 90. The widow rattler was working hard and I'm happy to have the Windows open and some fresh air in the house. Lows in the 50's at night good sleeping weather.

I gave the plants water with a light veg nutrient and cal/mag plus last night and noticed something interesting. I just switched to botanicare cal/mag+ for the first time last night. I was using GO cal/mag and switched to botanicare cal/mag+ because the botanicare has iron in it as well and I think I had an iron deficiency in my lemon wookie I grew a few months back. So the GO cal/mag has a 5:1 cal:mag ratio and the botanicare has a 3:1 cal:mag ratio. I know I had issues with too much calcium in my last grow and the new cal/mag has significantly less ca in it. Not sure how this will affect this grow but I'm hoping it will be a better balance of ca and mg.

Looks like I've got 4 girls out of 5 seeds on this one which is twice as many as I wanted to flower out. 2 have some sighs on mag deficiency and the other two are pretty healthy. Not sure if I'm going to try flowering all 4 out or not. I'll be using smaller pots for flower so maybe 4 will work.

@pop_rocks. They last about forever from what I've seen. I replace the grates every few years but the kettle itself is solid. I have a medium sized one that I got almost 20 years ago and it's in great shape still. The smaller ones use a lot less coal and cook just as well as a big one.

@Rodehazrd. Your Larrys look great. How's the smell on them? I hope the weather holdes and gives your other girls plenty of time to finish. I think you are right that covering a Webber just holds the water in there, I've had good luck with just closing the vents and letting them get the rain and sun on them.

packerfan79

Veteran
What's guys not much here, been busy with work and school. Have a midterm tonight. Kinda nervous. Found 4 males out of my seed plants going to inspect again tommorow night. The others seem to be in a funk. Got some yellowing on the new growth, added some cal mag hasn't seemed to make a difference. Kinda stressed about this. Fiddynuts apparently we are trading weather now it's getting hot here. Going to start flowering the seed plants this weekend. Weather permitting. Hope everyone is having a good week.

Fiddynut

What's guys not much here, been busy with work and school. Have a midterm tonight. Kinda nervous. Found 4 males out of my seed plants going to inspect again tommorow night. The others seem to be in a funk. Got some yellowing on the new growth, added some cal mag hasn't seemed to make a difference. Kinda stressed about this. Fiddynuts apparently we are trading weather now it's getting hot here. Going to start flowering the seed plants this weekend. Weather permitting. Hope everyone is having a good week.

Good luck on the test, I hope you ace it!
Sexing my plants is still a nerve racking part of growing for me. I have hight restrictions so I need to sex, pot up and clone as early as possable. I seem to keep getting a lot more girls than boys from seed. I'm 4 out of 5 on this round. Not sure if nature will balance out one of these runs and I'll get all boys, I hope not.
Is the yellowing in stripes between the vanes of leaves or just general yellowing? I've got a mag deficiency in my 2 fastest growing girls and there is a pic here from a few days ago, if yours look like that then maybe a folar of Epsom salts might help. Post up a pic and I'll try to help, even though I'm no expert I have a lot of links with lots of pics for diagnosing nute deficiency.
I'm not going to complain about the bonus summer weather we had but it's nice to have some good fall in the air today. I hope it cools down for you out there.

packerfan79

Veteran

Good luck on the test, I hope you ace it!
Sexing my plants is still a nerve racking part of growing for me. I have hight restrictions so I need to sex, pot up and clone as early as possable. I seem to keep getting a lot more girls than boys from seed. I'm 4 out of 5 on this round. Not sure if nature will balance out one of these runs and I'll get all boys, I hope not.
Is the yellowing in stripes between the vanes of leaves or just general yellowing? I've got a mag deficiency in my 2 fastest growing girls and there is a pic here from a few days ago, if yours look like that then maybe a folar of Epsom salts might help. Post up a pic and I'll try to help, even though I'm no expert I have a lot of links with lots of pics for diagnosing nute deficiency.
I'm not going to complain about the bonus summer weather we had but it's nice to have some good fall in the air today. I hope it cools down for you out there.

Yeah it's pretty yellow on the new growth, kinda wondering if the nutes are going bad. They are about 9 months old. I got some Veg and Bloom probably going to give them next tome I feed. Definitely need to get these girls in flower them soon they are getting pretty tall, funny thing is the males and the mendobreath look fine.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
nice plants rode'
you can see the different structure in both of the plants
let us know if you smell any difference between the two plants once they are dry
and for sure let us know how they smoke
solid thinking about covering in kettle
especially near the coast you dont want thing to stay damp for too long

fiddy
interested in hearing how you like the new cal-mag
we had some issues with schmoopy but a pinch of epsom salt seem to did the trick (we have pretty hard water here in san diego so i think they were gettgin enough calcium
i talked to my buddy and he said they buds are really starting to fill in
i cant wait till she does that swell they do near the end of flower
i think she is going to go till the end of october, so probally about a 9wk plant
i will be sure to get a pic or two next time i see him
speaking of the old kettle
we fired up the small grill the other night and sat on the portch cooking a steak
sitting there watching the sun set, smoking a nice fat-j with the mrs and enjoying a nice drink, man it felt like old times
(plus bbq smoke will tame even the fattest joint reek)

hope everyone is having a great week
im ready for the fall!

Badfishy1

Good day jungle crew! Hope this finds all of you doing well. Quick question for you. I may be over thinking things. If anybody reuses soil please chime in. I have a 5 gal that I had what ended up being a male. He dropped male batter all over the place (wasn't in my possession when he finally showed). How long will pollen stay viable? If the soil now has pollen in it, what can be done with soil? Ruined? Reusable? Let me know thoughts please

Latest posts

Latest posts