What's new

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

packerfan79

Veteran
Pretty sure the 707 is the area code for Humboldt county. I have seen it on the camobag of soil. Mabey it has changed I haven't used it so who knows. Have you guys seen Vermifire, supposed to be good stuff, I have heard it's somewhat strong.

Floridian

Veteran
I just tried to order a papa johns pizza,two to two and a half hour delivery time.I'm devasted I need anti-depressents to carry on..NO MORE MARIE CALLENDERS!!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
hope everyone is doing well
it sounds like most have avoided the worse of the storms and i hope life gets back to normal for those effected by the weather

lots of good stuff ceoms from the 707 ( bay area/ n. cal area code)
had a headband cut from the area that was super
/one of those strains i let go that i wish i could have again
i dont blame you rode' for now wanting to get too wild on your first grow in a new area
stick wiht what you know and ease into it at the new spot, if you like it you will have plenty of time to experiment
plus having a grow under your belt gives you a better understanding of the area and lets you plan for whats to come

i hear you fiddy, i think dogs evolved in colder climates and are just suited to cool weather
yeah im going to start off easy with the cheese
things have been crazy with work but i will find time to get my feet wet and make some cheese
hopefully i can do some of that in the fall when i spend more time indoors
thanks for all the advice and help

tomorrow is wed and the week is flying by
i am ready to wrap today up and finish this week off strong
looking foreward to a nice slow weeeknd
the mrs has plans for the weekend and it looks like i will be spending some time getting reaquainted with the couch
im rolling em up already and ready to blaze

Fiddynut

I'm into the coco too all the folk in Mesa use it saying peat is too acidic I think some experimenting is in order. I would be afraid to start next seasons crop out there in a new media though. I'll be watching to see how yours goes you keep such close tabs on your PH:tiphat:
Good morning Rodehazrd.

I think there will be a little bit of a learning curve on the coco and not sure exactly what to expect on my first try. Just getting the plants to live through the cycle would probably be a good result. For sure it takes a lot of pressure off to be trying it on small scale cups and not need the harvest. If I can keep the party cup girls alive and well with it I will think about running it on a big plant sometime in the next couple runs.

I second the thought that you should go with soil for your spring run next season. Maybe just have a couple plant experiments with coco and see how you like it. From what I read it dries really quick and your going to be in a hot dry climate out there. Maybe hempy coco buckets or something with a res might be good way to go.

Fiddynut

Actually bro I never noticed any name or number connected to the roots brand but it's in a green camouflage style bag.Very good shit in my opinion.

Pretty sure the 707 is the area code for Humboldt county. I have seen it on the camobag of soil. Mabey it has changed I haven't used it so who knows. Have you guys seen Vermifire, supposed to be good stuff, I have heard it's somewhat strong.

I just tried to order a papa johns pizza,two to two and a half hour delivery time.I'm devasted I need anti-depressents to carry on..NO MORE MARIE CALLENDERS!!

Good morning Floridian and Packerfan.

I think I remember them both being in army green bags maybe camo on one of them. Im pretty sure one said 'original' on it and one 707. Sounds like I can't go wrong with either one. They probably have a web site so I'll have a look at what they have to say.

The food situation sounds no good. I suppose it's kind of a catch 22 - you don't want to fill your freezers up before the storm in case there's no power for days but the wait time for pizza is almost unbearable. Sounds like you guys need those survival MRE meals where you just add water and heat. I haven't had any but hear they arnt too bad these days.

Fiddynut

hope everyone is doing well
it sounds like most have avoided the worse of the storms and i hope life gets back to normal for those effected by the weather

lots of good stuff ceoms from the 707 ( bay area/ n. cal area code)
had a headband cut from the area that was super
/one of those strains i let go that i wish i could have again
i dont blame you rode' for now wanting to get too wild on your first grow in a new area
stick wiht what you know and ease into it at the new spot, if you like it you will have plenty of time to experiment
plus having a grow under your belt gives you a better understanding of the area and lets you plan for whats to come

i hear you fiddy, i think dogs evolved in colder climates and are just suited to cool weather
yeah im going to start off easy with the cheese
things have been crazy with work but i will find time to get my feet wet and make some cheese
hopefully i can do some of that in the fall when i spend more time indoors
thanks for all the advice and help

tomorrow is wed and the week is flying by
i am ready to wrap today up and finish this week off strong
looking foreward to a nice slow weeeknd
the mrs has plans for the weekend and it looks like i will be spending some time getting reaquainted with the couch
im rolling em up already and ready to blaze
Good morning pop_rocks.

I think you are right about dogs and cooler climates. Their wolf ancestors all live in cold arias or at least climates that have cold seasons like the wolves here. They also seem to not be very adapted to hot weather which is telling about their evolution.

Just take your time and have fun when you try making ricotta. When you have a couple hours to spare go for it. I usually only have time to do it in late fall and winter, like you said when I'm indoors more. It's really easy and you will see how fun it is.

The week is moving along nicely here too. I'm really looking forward to a nice weekend. I have to set my grow tents back up and all the fans and ducts and lights. I hope to be back up and running in the basement by the end of the weekend. I also have a craving to BBQ a brisket this weekend, probably for the packer game Sunday night. I'm looking forward to some time on the couch as well.

Rodehazrd

Good morning Rodehazrd.

I think there will be a little bit of a learning curve on the coco and not sure exactly what to expect on my first try. Just getting the plants to live through the cycle would probably be a good result. For sure it takes a lot of pressure off to be trying it on small scale cups and not need the harvest. If I can keep the party cup girls alive and well with it I will think about running it on a big plant sometime in the next couple runs.

I second the thought that you should go with soil for your spring run next season. Maybe just have a couple plant experiments with coco and see how you like it. From what I read it dries really quick and your going to be in a hot dry climate out there. Maybe hempy coco buckets or something with a res might be good way to go.

Thanks fiddy
I have been using my 30 gal tubs off and on for some time they just seem to get better each reuse and re-amend I get about 4 gal of water in the bottom one using a 6" net pot and indoors it will go 10 days easy with a 4' plant. I think if i split the lid and slip it around the plant I will save more from surface loss. Going to an 8" pot and lifting the top tub a couple inches wold make a bigger rez under there. indoor I keep a bubbler in the bottom to keep the water happy I'm trying one in the woods now with stale water and fear the root rot will occur. I'm looking for a 12v air pump to run off solar
I feel if it just got air in the daytime it would be ok. It may empty so fast out there its not an issue but i like to plan. Granddaddy liked to say planning the job is the easy part working that sloppy plan can be a little more trouble.
and now back to the Bodhi catalog

Rodehazrd

Badfishy
Glad you got a glancing blow hope the recovery goes well
We will be there for the end of april out on the point near St Joe they got off easy on this storm i hope.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
im looking fore ward to this weekend packers game too,fiddy
i expect atl to be a playoff team again this year and it should be a good one
/if you ask me, this could be an nfc championship preview
sounds like you got the well problems all taken care of
hope your plans come together and you have a great weekend
i have some rib eyes im going to lay on the grill
they make nutrients specifically for coco but ive enver used them before
maybe some of the other with more experience can chime in
i like to use it in soil but prefer hydroton for a water based grow

Fiddynut

Thanks fiddy
I have been using my 30 gal tubs off and on for some time they just seem to get better each reuse and re-amend I get about 4 gal of water in the bottom one using a 6" net pot and indoors it will go 10 days easy with a 4' plant. I think if i split the lid and slip it around the plant I will save more from surface loss. Going to an 8" pot and lifting the top tub a couple inches wold make a bigger rez under there. indoor I keep a bubbler in the bottom to keep the water happy I'm trying one in the woods now with stale water and fear the root rot will occur. I'm looking for a 12v air pump to run off solar
I feel if it just got air in the daytime it would be ok. It may empty so fast out there its not an issue but i like to plan. Granddaddy liked to say planning the job is the easy part working that sloppy plan can be a little more trouble.
and now back to the Bodhi catalog
Good morning Rodehazrd.

I'm glad the tubs are working well and just getting better. Your mini tubs for the cup challenge are a great idea as well. You adapt very well to changes and are great at making plan and following through on it. I'm sure your new grow out west will be successful.

Any luck on the 12v air pump? I know they make the ones to pump up tires that run off car cigarette lighter plug but I don't think those are made to run constant. Are you finding anything interisting in the bodhi catalog?

Fiddynut

im looking fore ward to this weekend packers game too,fiddy
i expect atl to be a playoff team again this year and it should be a good one
/if you ask me, this could be an nfc championship preview
sounds like you got the well problems all taken care of
hope your plans come together and you have a great weekend
i have some rib eyes im going to lay on the grill
they make nutrients specifically for coco but ive enver used them before
maybe some of the other with more experience can chime in
i like to use it in soil but prefer hydroton for a water based grow
Good morning pop_rocks.

Yes should be a good game Sunday night. No easy games to start the season for the packers. Atlanta gave us trouble last year in that crazy game in the middle of the season and whooped us pretty good in the championship game. I'm hoping for a better result this year. You may be right about another NFC championship showdown.

Yes well is fixed and everything is working nicely. I want to give it a couple more days to make sure I don't have to get them back to check anything but I don't think that will be the case. Had another unrelated pluming issue too but that is fixed as well. They shocked it with chlorine tablets so I'm glad I made a bunch of RO water before the job. Not sure if the ro filters chlorine out or not but will let water stand for a day to make sure it's out when I start making water again.

Rib eyes sound great. I think it's the most "buttery" cut on the cow. The Costco here has the rib cap meat (around the outside of the rib steak) that they role up and tie kind of like a pinwheel without the stuffing. Its melt in your mouth tender. Your making me hungry, it's 9am and I'm craving a steak.

I have to read up on coco and nutes. I'd rather not have to get and learn a new nutrient line but we will see. I guess I would try something new if it made things easer in the long run. I think I've heard that they have nutes for coco and Ro water that has enough cal/mag in it out of the bottle. Just haven't had time to read up yet but will this weekend for sure.

Badfishy1

Good morning pop_rocks.

Yes should be a good game Sunday night. No easy games to start the season for the packers. Atlanta gave us trouble last year in that crazy game in the middle of the season and whooped us pretty good in the championship game. I'm hoping for a better result this year. You may be right about another NFC championship showdown.

Yes well is fixed and everything is working nicely. I want to give it a couple more days to make sure I don't have to get them back to check anything but I don't think that will be the case. Had another unrelated pluming issue too but that is fixed as well. They shocked it with chlorine tablets so I'm glad I made a bunch of RO water before the job. Not sure if the ro filters chlorine out or not but will let water stand for a day to make sure it's out when I start making water again.

Rib eyes sound great. I think it's the most "buttery" cut on the cow. The Costco here has the rib cap meat (around the outside of the rib steak) that they role up and tie kind of like a pinwheel without the stuffing. Its melt in your mouth tender. Your making me hungry, it's 9am and I'm craving a steak.

I have to read up on coco and nutes. I'd rather not have to get and learn a new nutrient line but we will see. I guess I would try something new if it made things easer in the long run. I think I've heard that they have nutes for coco and Ro water that has enough cal/mag in it out of the bottle. Just haven't had time to read up yet but will this weekend for sure.

Careful running ro while smelling chlorine bud

Fiddynut

Careful running ro while smelling chlorine bud
Good afternoon Badfishy.

Thanks for the heads up. I have about 40 gallons made before the well work was done so I should be able to go a few weeks before needing to make more water. I don't think they used a lot of the well shock because I haven't been smelling the 'swimming pool' smell out of the faucet or shower heads. Not sure how long that stuff lasts so maybe I can test for it or someting.

Fiddynut

Update and pics

Update and pics

Greetings friends and jungle tribe.

With all this talk about cheese making and food and football you might wonder if this is still a grow thread. It is. Im finally ready to get back to it and should have tents set up by the end of the weekend. While the tents are down I've been cleaning and doing some reorganization of the grow area. Lucky I've been able to start some plants in a spare closet and they are starting to take off a bit. After a slow start due to me using the wrong soil and then a very early transplant they are looking good. In the next week or so I need to get them sexed, transplant the lady's and take cuts in case they are worth keeping. With all the moving of my grow equipment I seem to have misplaced my (10X?) loupe that I use to look at the plants with for sexing. I have my 50x but I think that's too powerful for doing what I need to do. Once I find it I'll start poking around the nodes of these plants. It's still challenging for me to sex young plants and I'm always unsure if I'm right or not. So far I've been right but I still second guess myself a lot. Really looking forward to being back up and running and getting some plants into flower in a couple weeks or so.

Here are the little ones. Arnt they cute?

Rodehazrd

Good morning Rodehazrd.

I'm glad the tubs are working well and just getting better. Your mini tubs for the cup challenge are a great idea as well. You adapt very well to changes and are great at making plan and following through on it. I'm sure your new grow out west will be successful.

Any luck on the 12v air pump? I know they make the ones to pump up tires that run off car cigarette lighter plug but I don't think those are made to run constant. Are you finding anything interisting in the bodhi catalog?

Thanks Fiddy for the ego stroke no luck on the pump yet but haven't spent much energy on it. I will run an inverter and aquarium pump as a last resort I have some telecom batteries to charge during daytime. A friend does fountain art and uses solar powered pumps to run them, I will get the scoop from him. I hope not to need much more than a good stirring up each day
Bodi catalog I cant find anything I don't want to run first. but so far
Gogi OG, Moontang, Space Monkey, and a name like SSDD well I must have some of that.
Packer fan likes his Terpanado so thats on the list too. I read a lot of the Bodhi threads and so far found one complaint about weak stems Ha. I hope all mine try to break.
I hope to take 8 packs to start so I still need a hard core knock out put you pajamas on first strain

packerfan79

Veteran
If you want knock out bud don't sleep on the black triangle. Gogi was a heavy yeilder, but kinda finicky though. I got some cherry ssdd going now.