What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
no way! nerve damage sucks
getting older is hard enough with all its aches and pains, but nerve pain takes it to another level
i hope you are taking care of yourself and not overdoing things with your bad side
have you sought any kind of treatment?
"...good words, encouraging words"
welcome to the jungle my man
we all got to stick together brother and this is a friendly space fiddy has created to hang out in and share good times and bad
have a great night, man! we are all cheering for you

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no way! nerve damage sucks
getting older is hard enough with all its aches and pains, but nerve pain takes it to another level
i hope you are taking care of yourself and not overdoing things with your bad side
have you sought any kind of treatment?
"...good words, encouraging words"
welcome to the jungle my man
we all got to stick together brother and this is a friendly space fiddy has created to hang out in and share good times and bad
have a great night, man! we are all cheering for you
very Kind of you ...

I’ve been through the ringer about it ...healthcare sucks around here I had a missed diagnosis in the shoulder was dislocated for three months once it was put back I started getting some motion in the arm again it’s very feeble and makes growing and everything else extremely challenging...It could’ve been worse I could’ve ripped it and then there would’ve been no recovery

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
hope you are having a great day crash' and getting over the holiday hangover
that sucks that the heath care around you missed soethign like that
sometimes we need to be our own advocate and make some noise when things arent working right
i know what its like not wanting to whine about stuff and just suck it up; too often we just nod our heads when the drs tell us something and walk away
when its something as important as our long term health maybe we should speak up more
/yu know what they say, the squeaky wheel gets the grease
sorry if im getting preachy brother, i just hate to hear sotries of people suffering when they dont need to
how is that sativa doing, i bet she is a nice mind high, but maybe what you want irght now is some heavy indica?
what helps you?

Last edited:

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hope you are having a great day crash' and getting over the holiday hangover
that sucks that the heath care around you missed soethign like that
sometimes we need to be our own advocate and make some noise when things arent working right
i know what its like not wanting to whine about stuff and just suck it up; too often we just nod our heads when the drs tell us something and walk away
when its something as important as our long term health maybe we should speak up more
/yu know what they say, the squeaky wheel gets the grease
sorry if im getting preachy brother, i just hate to hear sotries of people suffering when they dont need to
how is that sativa doing, i bet she is a nice mind high, but maybe what you want irght now is some heavy indica?
what helps you?
picture.php
picture.php

packerfan79

Veteran
Happy New Year's eve

Happy New Year's eve

Hey Jungle mates,

Here's to putting this year in the rear view mirror. I hope you guys have a rocking new years eve. I am having my parents over for dinner drinks and games. Let's see if the kids make it till 12. Lol. I am going to take a small dose of penis envy mushrooms ?.

Hopefully I will have a taste of the latest crop tonight. It was still a little wet when I checked it lastnight.

I am smoking a London broil, and some chicken today, and a ribeye roast tommorow.

:friends::smoke:

Have a great night my friends

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hope everyone has a happy and safe new year!
i hope 2021 is a better year for all of us

Hey Jungle mates,

Here's to putting this year in the rear view mirror. I hope you guys have a rocking new years eve. I am having my parents over for dinner drinks and games. Let's see if the kids make it till 12. Lol. I am going to take a small dose of penis envy mushrooms ?.

Hopefully I will have a taste of the latest crop tonight. It was still a little wet when I checked it lastnight.

I am smoking a London broil, and some chicken today, and a ribeye roast tommorow.

:friends::smoke:

Have a great night my friends
Reheating leftover pizza from last night

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that sounds grinding crash, love a good pizza
leftover pizza is fin with me and have been craving a nice ny style pie
now you got me thinking and i might hvae to pick up a couple this weekend
/one white pizza style and a hells kitchen one with everything on it

happy new year fish! glad to see you posting up and hope your new year if off to a great start
keep us posted on all the cool things going on in your life brother and stop in every now and then
best wishes in the enw year to you and yours my friend!

Badfishy1

Thanks pops. Anybody feeling complacencies towards growing cannabis, expand your horizons. I’ve taken a break from growing cannabis due to reasons, but found happiness growing other things

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
Happy new year!
I've been on an extended break from work and the jungle too but all good things must come to an end. Today its back to work and back to the jungle for me.
I hope everyone had a nice time over the holidays and is ready for th new year!

@Star crash. Welcome brother! I can't even imagine doing all the work of growing without both of my arms at 100%. All the moving and mixing of pots of soil is such hard work. I'm glad that your arm is improving and I hope you get back to full use soon.
That Ohaze is a beauty! I've never grown a sativa but would like to try some day.
I hear what your saying about growing being a chore sometimes. I just grow a little for me and my bro but it still gets to be a lot of work sometimes. I spent several hours yesterday morning between watering, putting the supports in my pots for the p!ants I've got flowering, and taking cuts for the next run. Sometimes I feel like a slave to my plants but I sure do enjoy having great bud to puff and share with family.

@pop_rocks.I hope you had a great new years and got your fill of football over the last couple weekends. I know the Rams are in but have tough game against the Seahawks next weekend. We in packers country are stoked about getting it done and getting the top seed and a buy, hopefully they won't lose the momentum they had built up with the week off. The next couple weeks of games should be interesting!

@Packerfan. I'm glad you had a great Christmas and new years buddy! I took some shrooms over the break too and had a great time. I ordered a few of these mood light things that turn my chill room I to a great place for psychedelics. I love to trip outdoors but here in the winter its not always in the cards so getting a nice indoor spot is something g I'd been wanting to do! Ill.have to log on to Instagram and check out your latest pics. I did a little bbq myself last weekend and maybe ill post up pics.

@Badfishy. Good to hear from you buddy! I have high hopes for 2021. I hope all is well with you and your family!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening crash, hope you are felling better
glad to hear you have youre back in the saddle and hope your new year is off to a great start my man
how is your arm doing btw?

happening fiddy!
good to see you back brother! it sounds like you had a great holiday
i hope your are feeling recharged and ready to take on the enw year
yeah man! crash has some nice looking sativas going on there! and it wold be great to try them out
especially outdoors where they can soak up some nice sun and let them grow big
i dont ever get tired of football and cant wait for the playoffs to start
your packers are not only the #1 but playing hot hot hot right now
they will be fun to watch in the post season
thats rad that you got to have a mystical journey and set up your chill room for maximum fun
lets make this the best year yet!

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Greetings friends.
Happy new year!
I've been on an extended break from work and the jungle too but all good things must come to an end. Today its back to work and back to the jungle for me.
I hope everyone had a nice time over the holidays and is ready for th new year!

@Star crash. Welcome brother! I can't even imagine doing all the work of growing without both of my arms at 100%. All the moving and mixing of pots of soil is such hard work. I'm glad that your arm is improving and I hope you get back to full use soon.
That Ohaze is a beauty! I've never grown a sativa but would like to try some day.
I hear what your saying about growing being a chore sometimes. I just grow a little for me and my bro but it still gets to be a lot of work sometimes. I spent several hours yesterday morning between watering, putting the supports in my pots for the p!ants I've got flowering, and taking cuts for the next run. Sometimes I feel like a slave to my plants but I sure do enjoy having great bud to puff and share with family.

@pop_rocks.I hope you had a great new years and got your fill of football over the last couple weekends. I know the Rams are in but have tough game against the Seahawks next weekend. We in packers country are stoked about getting it done and getting the top seed and a buy, hopefully they won't lose the momentum they had built up with the week off. The next couple weeks of games should be interesting!

@Packerfan. I'm glad you had a great Christmas and new years buddy! I took some shrooms over the break too and had a great time. I ordered a few of these mood light things that turn my chill room I to a great place for psychedelics. I love to trip outdoors but here in the winter its not always in the cards so getting a nice indoor spot is something g I'd been wanting to do! Ill.have to log on to Instagram and check out your latest pics. I did a little bbq myself last weekend and maybe ill post up pics.

@Badfishy. Good to hear from you buddy! I have high hopes for 2021. I hope all is well with you and your family!

happening crash, hope you are felling better
glad to hear you have youre back in the saddle and hope your new year is off to a great start my man
how is your arm doing btw?

happening fiddy!
good to see you back brother! it sounds like you had a great holiday
i hope your are feeling recharged and ready to take on the enw year
yeah man! crash has some nice looking sativas going on there! and it wold be great to try them out
especially outdoors where they can soak up some nice sun and let them grow big
i dont ever get tired of football and cant wait for the playoffs to start
your packers are not only the #1 but playing hot hot hot right now
they will be fun to watch in the post season
thats rad that you got to have a mystical journey and set up your chill room for maximum fun
lets make this the best year yet!
It improves & the more I can do the happier I am:bump: looking forward to this year...lots I want to accomplish...Wish the same for you guys

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
Happy hump day!
Here are a couple shots of the bbq short ribs I did a coup!e weeks ago. They took about 6 hours on the smoker at 275ish. The first is them after about 3 hours and the second and third are after they finished. They were really tasty and ill be doing them again for sure!

I don't think I've showed this off yet but this is my sous vied water bath cooker I made a few years ago. Just a cooler with part of the top cut off to let the heater/circular stick out. Because of the insulation it holds temp great and its big enough to cook a huge piece of meat. This time I did a ham to 130 degrees and its the easiest way to do a ham ever. I don't use this as much as I thought I would but when I do I am always impressed with the precise temp it cooks to.

@pop_rocks. Its good to be back! I did catch up on some rest but I also was somewhat bored with all the time off. I'm one of those that probably does better with some structure in my days. Having all that time just makes me more lazy than normal. I sure do feel recharged and ready to start this year off right. Lets hope this year is a good one ad we can get back to life as we know it!
I'm looking forward to some playoff football too buddy. I'm getting back to health diet and portion size and trying not to do a lot of sitting in front of the tv but I will make an exception for football. Your right the Packers have been looking really good the last few weeks. I was concerned with their defence and what I saw as inconsistent play in the first half but they seem to be heating up here in the second. I just hope that they don't cool off too much with having two weeks off. They won it all 10 years ago when my niece was born and maybe they can do it again for her tenth birthday.
I really like the mood lights in the chill room. A couple of them are lights that project a galaxy on the ceiling and the others project shaped spots of light on the walls like a disco ball or something. I can't stand a lot of unnatural light when I'm taking psychedelics so they make for a great alternative.
I'm with you on making this the best year yet...were off to a good start brother!

@Star crash. I'm glad your arm is getting better. I've had some bad motorcycle wrecks and I know how hard it it to be stuck on the couch. Keep the positive feeling going and keep looking ahead. I think were all going to do great things in 2021! NFA brother!

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those ribs look delicious , heating up some chicken Parmesan here
picture.php
my son’s girlfriend whipped it up yesterday ...homemade sauce lots of garlic
Greetings friends.
Happy hump day!
Here are a couple shots of the bbq short ribs I did a coup!e weeks ago. They took about 6 hours on the smoker at 275ish. The first is them after about 3 hours and the second and third are after they finished. They were really tasty and ill be doing them again for sure!
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69749&pictureid=2108522&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69749&pictureid=2108523&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69749&pictureid=2108524&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

I don't think I've showed this off yet but this is my sous vied water bath cooker I made a few years ago. Just a cooler with part of the top cut off to let the heater/circular stick out. Because of the insulation it holds temp great and its big enough to cook a huge piece of meat. This time I did a ham to 130 degrees and its the easiest way to do a ham ever. I don't use this as much as I thought I would but when I do I am always impressed with the precise temp it cooks to.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69749&pictureid=2108525&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69749&pictureid=2108526&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

@pop_rocks. Its good to be back! I did catch up on some rest but I also was somewhat bored with all the time off. I'm one of those that probably does better with some structure in my days. Having all that time just makes me more lazy than normal. I sure do feel recharged and ready to start this year off right. Lets hope this year is a good one ad we can get back to life as we know it!
I'm looking forward to some playoff football too buddy. I'm getting back to health diet and portion size and trying not to do a lot of sitting in front of the tv but I will make an exception for football. Your right the Packers have been looking really good the last few weeks. I was concerned with their defence and what I saw as inconsistent play in the first half but they seem to be heating up here in the second. I just hope that they don't cool off too much with having two weeks off. They won it all 10 years ago when my niece was born and maybe they can do it again for her tenth birthday.
I really like the mood lights in the chill room. A couple of them are lights that project a galaxy on the ceiling and the others project shaped spots of light on the walls like a disco ball or something. I can't stand a lot of unnatural light when I'm taking psychedelics so they make for a great alternative.
I'm with you on making this the best year yet...were off to a good start brother!

@Star crash. I'm glad your arm is getting better. I've had some bad motorcycle wrecks and I know how hard it it to be stuck on the couch. Keep the positive feeling going and keep looking ahead. I think were all going to do great things in 2021! NFA brother!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i havent had my dinner yet and now all i can think about are beef ribs!
those look excellent, nice tender inside witha good looking bark on them
how did you season them up before laying them on the smoker?
like you sides too man, i love beans, slaw and potatoe salad; good sides totally round out a meal brother!
yeah i have to keep myself on task sometimes and not let myself get too lazy
someimtes i get kind of sad and miss the mrs but you cant change some things in life and just need to deal with it
im walking more and back into lifting and can feel myself getting back into my old form
have you ever tried resistance bands? i have a few pounds of weights on a dumb bell i like to lift, plus use a heavy band while i work out
you are so right about portion control being key to weight loss
the way i see it is we can eat anything we want as long as its in moderation
i totally remember a few years ago and we were talking about sousevie, i need to get on board
great idea using the cooler with all its insulation to act as a cooking vessel
do you just buy the heating element and drop it into the water bath?
its the same way i cook a lot of food when i camp, using hot water to cook the food in a bag and ive hear it makes pretty good steaks and stuff like that
/what are you favorite things to cook like that
i think your pack has a few things going for them, #1 is qb aaron rodgers
he is a veteran qb who knows how to win
cant wait for the action to start and i hope you enjoy the games

that is a nice looking plate there crash! i love chicken parm
its one of those comfort food i make from time to time and that looks like a great gravy she used
/love the lots of garlic add
are there raviollis too, there looks like some kind of pasta in there?
or is that just extra crispy chicken goodness?

again damn the lot of you guys, im going to have to start making dinner plans now!
#looksgrinding!!

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.

@Star crash. That looks delicious man! I love chicken parm! I'm totally with you on having plenty of garlic in my red sauce. My Sicilian grandfather always said plenty of garlic but not too much onion in your sauce because the sugar from the onions turns the sauce too dark. I'm at work eating lunch and now I'm hungry for some chicken parm brother!

@pop_rocks. The ribs turned out really good and I can't wait to make them again! I stayed true to my brisket seasoning philosophy and just tuned them with kosher salt and black pepper. I did give them a quick coating of hot sauce before the rub, just a thin vinegar based hot sauce which helps the salt and pepper stick. The beans, slaw, and potato salad are a great mix with the really rich beef. Just looking at that plate I can see that portion size was not something I was concerned with.
It was 3 years ago this week that I started eating more healthy and getting my portions under control. I joined the gym and started seeing us results quickly. I spent the last couple weeks of '20 overeating and not working out at all. I just kind of wanted to get it out of my system by cause I knew I would be getting back to it this week and I've lost 4 pounds already. I totally remember us talking about eating smart and portion size. I'm keeping it pretty low carb but not starving myself at all. Like you mentioned, no food should be off limits, just eat in moderation and enjoy. It that first couple bites that satisfies the craving anyway. Keep that in check and put in the work to get the exercise and the weight comes off.
I don't do much strength training at the gym yet. For me its mostly getting the cardio in. I have a pretty physical job and push a lot of weight around all day at work. But I don't get the cardio at work and starting the day with a cardio workout really seems to get my metabolism going and makes me feel really good. As I start to spend more time at the gym here I will mix in a bit of strength training and maybe try some of those resistance bands. I want to do some leg training as well to help me be a stronger mountain biker as soon as riding season comes back around.
Hot water is a great way to warm up and cook things. The device that heats and circulates the water is something I got on Amazon I think. I've had great luck cooking anything from steaks and roasts to making yogurt in the sous vide. And it makes ham a no brainer. I think it was you that mentioned sous vide bacon a while back and I still need to give that a try. I usually give meats a quick sear after cooking it to temp. I have to start using that thing more often.
It does seem kind of strange that Rogers is so much better this year than he was the last couple. We thought he was headed down hill in '18 and he wasn't nearly as sharp last year either. The local football reporter on the radio was talking about how the head coach, offensive coordinator, and Rogers sat down in the offseason and went through the Playbook and got rid of a !it of plays they they didn't like or weren't effective. Pretty amazing for an off-season where nobody could practice together due to covid.
I hope your having a great week!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
this is the time of year a a qb like rodgers shines
this isnt his first rodeo and if i had to score 6pts and only had one minute on the clock, he is one of the guys i would want under center
/mahommie is the other one and then drew brees
yeah man, i remember when you got into mtn biking and all that! you really pushed yourself and it sounds like you got results
if you do a lot of physical labor then maybe you are better spending your exercise time working on cardio and things like that
its still early in the year and we have all winter to get back into shape
yeah man, i remember the bacon sous vie, my friend made it and said it was the prefect thing
it comes pre packaged so you just drop the bag into the water and let it do its thing
i imght have to pound out some chicken breasts this weekend
that chicken parm is still looking really good
when i was younger i used to make a por mans chicken parm with chicken strips and ragu sauce
you dr the sauce up a bit and it isnt half bad
cant wait for the weekend brother and hope you are wrapping up a great week

Fiddynut

this is the time of year a a qb like rodgers shines
this isnt his first rodeo and if i had to score 6pts and only had one minute on the clock, he is one of the guys i would want under center
/mahommie is the other one and then drew brees
yeah man, i remember when you got into mtn biking and all that! you really pushed yourself and it sounds like you got results
if you do a lot of physical labor then maybe you are better spending your exercise time working on cardio and things like that
its still early in the year and we have all winter to get back into shape
yeah man, i remember the bacon sous vie, my friend made it and said it was the prefect thing
it comes pre packaged so you just drop the bag into the water and let it do its thing
i imght have to pound out some chicken breasts this weekend
that chicken parm is still looking really good
when i was younger i used to make a por mans chicken parm with chicken strips and ragu sauce
you dr the sauce up a bit and it isnt half bad
cant wait for the weekend brother and hope you are wrapping up a great week

Good afternoon pop_rocks.
Happy Friday!
I think your right that having a lot of experience is a plus, especially in the playoffs. It might be fun to watch those young QB's run around out of the pocket but when your team needs a win having a guy that can make all the adjustments and sit in the pocket and carve up the defense is the way to go. Brees and Brady are great at that too and Mahoommie is just so talented he can play like a guy with much more experience than he has. I can't wait for the games to start and I'm looking forward to seeing who will be coming to green bay next week!
Your so right that its early in the year and if I work hard I can be in a great place by spring. The cardio is most important because it helps improve my lung capacity, circulation and metabolism. After a few days back at it I am getting back to close to where I was a month ago when I was getting to the gym a few times a week. I need to get back to where I had plateued last summer and then find a way to push through. But a bit of strength training will be good as well!
I'm still craving chicken parm too! I am going to have to satisfy that this weekend and chicken is a healthy protein. I've made the cheater version with chicken strips and jarred sauce as well and it can be really good. I will stick with unbreaded chicken because of the carbs this time.
I hope you have a great weekend brother and lets get those games going!