What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Rodehazrd

Hello Folks
It’s good to be posting again it’s been a busy month here in the Hillbilly Nation and all my electronics failed last month. I just got an iPhone in the mail and my chrome book power supply must be in the ballot infested mail service somewhere.
I lost a cousin to Covid and my friend with breast cancer lost his wife to chest fever. She was what held him together so he only lasted three weeks. Just wouldn’t eat or drink. He was a kind man and will be missed.
@ Packer fan I highly recommend the Bangi for a wake and bake strain. Good up buzz and a soft landing. She’s a little strange I burned a few crops before realizing she is not a green plant she stays light green even a little yellow chlorophyll comes in many colors and a yellowish Bangi is healthy. I fed at a 1.1 EC for my best run. Last year I had pm on most strains never on the Bangi
I crossed her with Oaxacan Zippolite last year and grew out some of it this year. It needs a minimum 6 weeks in the jar to be ready at first dry test it was soso but a cure makes a lot of difference it’s about time to break open that BOZ cross.
Stay safe guys out there amongst them

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
good to see you around rhode and i am sorry to hear about the loss of three good people
good info on the haze and i hope you are all doing well and enjoying the fall weather

i was goign to tell you more about the kush but thought i have pics too!
so i can show you how she finished

this is her a week before harvest

picture.php

View image in gallery

a little closer

you can see it grew into a nice pole with minimal side branching and had fat buds all along the center
i think we pulled it a week or so early, it was still nice and sparkly

about a week or so before harvest:

its pretty much ready after being in jars the past few weeks and i wish i had more so i could share it with others
but it makes a great addition to my personal smoke stash and we have enough so i will be burning this stuff into the new year

those sound like fun places and i like how they each offer something special
where are you going tonight for the live music?
hopefully some people will be dressed up, costumes are always fun to check out and i will miss seeing the trick or treaters
have a great time grovin with the hippies brother!

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend and enjoyed Halloween as much as y'all could. We had a few trick or treaters but nothing like a normal year, even though the weather was probably better than an average Halloween here. My wife made bags of candy with a few pieces in each bag to give to the kiddos so they weren't all sticking their hands into the candy bowl.
I went to see Boney Fingers play on Saturday night and had a great time! It was nice to see some of our friends that are at every concert they play. There are always some new faces too and its great to see so many young people getting into the music and scene. With winter coming quickly its probably going to be a while before I see any live music.
I was out pretty late on Saturday so Sunday was a lazy day of drinking, eating, and some football on the TV. Too bad the Packers played like shit and looked even worse against the 1-5 viqueans. Oh well, you can't win them all.

@Rodehazrd. I'm sorry to hear about your cousin, your buddy with breast cancer and his wife. I know you have mentioned your buddy in posts before and I'm sure you were close to him and his family. After my grandfather passed my grandmother didn't make it for long and we all know she died of a broken heart.
Im wondering how that IBL glue Tony Green genetics did or are doing for you? Did the fall weather cooperate with your outdoor plants? I hope you had a bumper crop and are well stocked brother!

@pop_rocks. That kush is a nice looking lady! She is frosty and looks dense. I've never seen a plant with that little branching but it seems to work for her. A real totem pole so to speak.
I went to an Irish bar to see the band and most of the usual suspects were there that we see at all the shows. There were quite a few people dressed up for Halloween at the show, probably close to half of the people there. It was a pretty mild evening temperature wise and it was dry so it was a good night for costumes. The band played really well and even played a couple songs that we all knew but hadn't heard them play before.
How did you enjoy the games on Sunday? Did you cook up anything special?
I made a Capone roast. Its a pork loin that you butterfly open and stuff with cheese, salami, Italian sausage. Roll it up and tie it and bake or cook on the smoker and its delicious!

Update and pics!
Just a couple quick pics of the Gorilla Bubble that is about half way through flower in my 3x3 tent. She isn't as pretty in pictures as the Cobra Lips with her big colas but she is frosty and has a great lime skunk fuel scent and taste.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
morning fiddy, hope your day is off to a great start
the tent is looking great my man and it looks like the plants are all happy and doing well
the kush was really a nice plant and i think i will grow it out again
this time we will top it a few times and see what we get but i like the overall tightness of the growth patern
the buds have this straight gas/ jet fuel smell and are fun to smoke
/this is the mrs new favorite strain
the pork loin sounds great
ive never heard of a capone roast like that
do you brown off the sausage before you stuff the pork? about how uch cheese do you fill with
how is the change in season goign for you? the past week has still be nice and warm, perfect san diego weather with days in the 70-80 and nights in the low 60 mid 50
its supposed to cool off thoe this weekend and we might get a chance of rain
im ready for the change in season and looking forward to the cold weather!
have a great day my friend !

Fiddynut

morning fiddy, hope your day is off to a great start
the tent is looking great my man and it looks like the plants are all happy and doing well
the kush was really a nice plant and i think i will grow it out again
this time we will top it a few times and see what we get but i like the overall tightness of the growth patern
the buds have this straight gas/ jet fuel smell and are fun to smoke
/this is the mrs new favorite strain
the pork loin sounds great
ive never heard of a capone roast like that
do you brown off the sausage before you stuff the pork? about how uch cheese do you fill with
how is the change in season goign for you? the past week has still be nice and warm, perfect san diego weather with days in the 70-80 and nights in the low 60 mid 50
its supposed to cool off thoe this weekend and we might get a chance of rain
im ready for the change in season and looking forward to the cold weather!
have a great day my friend !

Good afternoon pop_rocks.
Its a beautiful day here in Wisconsin and the forecast is.for it to stay this way for the next few days. After a lot of wet and unseasonably cold weather the last few weeks we are finally getting some above average temps and no rain in the forecast. We are looking at temps in the 60's through early next week and I plan on making the most of it.
I'm glad that kush plant checks all the boxes for you! I love that jet fuel smell and it sounds like your p!ant has plenty of that. It will be interesting how topping her will affect how we turns out.
You have to try a Capone roast sometime. Its kind of a regional thing here and in Chicago. Its named after Al Capone the gangster but I'm not sure if he ever actually are one. But its easy to make with reasonably priced ingredients and so delicious. All the ingredients go together raw and cold and it bakes like a normal roast in the oven or grill or smoker. For cheese I like a few slices of provolone and a couple pieces of string cheese in the center. Too much cheese and it just leaks out during g the cook. There are some example recipes out there if you Google it just to get an idea of the process.
I'm glad you are getting good weather and I hope you get your cool down. Its nice to have some distinctive seasonal weather if it was the same every day that would get boring quickly! I hope your having a great day and week so far!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening brother, hope your day is off to a great start
the fog rolled in last night and its been cool and damp, perfect shorts and hoodie weather
i have some steaks im going to grill up later today marinating and i cant wait for tonights walk
that capone roast sounds great and would be a fun thing to make camping! i might add some peppers and onion inside but the meat roll is a great idea
hope your week is moving along nicely, do you ahve any plans for the weeeknd?

Fiddynut

happening brother, hope your day is off to a great start
the fog rolled in last night and its been cool and damp, perfect shorts and hoodie weather
i have some steaks im going to grill up later today marinating and i cant wait for tonights walk
that capone roast sounds great and would be a fun thing to make camping! i might add some peppers and onion inside but the meat roll is a great idea
hope your week is moving along nicely, do you ahve any plans for the weeeknd?

The beautiful weather continues here in Wisco. Its been so nice that I took yesterday off to enjoy it. Its been getting into the 70's here last 3 days and I think we have set some all time high temp records for these days. I went mountain biking yesterday but was humbled at just how out of shape I am. I took a couple weeks off from my workouts and I couldn't even do a full lap at alpine yesterday. How quickly things deteriorate. I did hit the downhill course a couple of times though. I was also able to get a game of disc golf in and the wife and I took Eggo to the dog park and let him run with the other dogs for about an hour. I've never seen the dog park so packed with dogs and people, must be the nice weather!
I'm glad you are getting some nice weather out there. A little cool down must feel really refreshing! I love that shorts and hoodie combo.
How did your steaks turn out? What was in your marinade?
I found some really well marbled tenderloin steaks at Costco yesterday and I'm going to cook them up for the Packer game tonight.
I hope the Packers look better tonight than they did on Sunday. They have both of their main running backs out for tonight's game on the covid watch list. Rogers is good but when they know he is going to be passing every down its going to be a lot easier for them to defend it.
The beauty of a meat roll like the Capone roast is that you can put whatever you want in there. Peppers and onions would be great and you could use a chorizo sausage or something to change things up as well.
The nice weather is suppose to continue through the weekend so I plan on getting in as much outdoor recreation as possible. I've got some leaves to rake and gutters to clean as well but I don't mind working in the yard when the weather is this nice! Since the packers play tonight I do t need to worry about planning my Sunday around the game.
Do you have anything exciting planned?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
the rams have a bye week so we are going to hike this weekend
the mrs has a friend who recently moved to be with some guy but there is a nice hill out where they are at called stone wall
https://hikingguy.com/hiking-trails/hiking-san-diego/hiking-stonewall-peak-trail/
i want to watch some of the games but will probably just catch the second half of the action unless we can go on saturday
i hear you about getting ready for the winter and was out cleaning out the gutters/ drainage areas in anticipation of this weekends storm
i hope it does storm, like totally rains and it will be cool to spend a cozy day inside with hot drinks and mrs Chicky
plus we have plenty to smoke and just made an batch of soft caramels (something to do with a friend of mrsChickys not liking our other candy)
hope you are wrapping up your week nicely and are all set for a great weekend brother!
thanksgiving is just around the corner

Fiddynut

the rams have a bye week so we are going to hike this weekend
the mrs has a friend who recently moved to be with some guy but there is a nice hill out where they are at called stone wall
https://hikingguy.com/hiking-trails/hiking-san-diego/hiking-stonewall-peak-trail/
i want to watch some of the games but will probably just catch the second half of the action unless we can go on saturday
i hear you about getting ready for the winter and was out cleaning out the gutters/ drainage areas in anticipation of this weekends storm
i hope it does storm, like totally rains and it will be cool to spend a cozy day inside with hot drinks and mrs Chicky
plus we have plenty to smoke and just made an batch of soft caramels (something to do with a friend of mrsChickys not liking our other candy)
hope you are wrapping up your week nicely and are all set for a great weekend brother!
thanksgiving is just around the corner

Hiking sounds like a great way to spend time this weekend! That stonewall peak looks like a great place to get a nice hike in and see some beautiful scenery. I hope.you guys have a great time.
I went mountain biking again this morning and it went a lot better than my ride on Wednesday. I think I was just having an off day but I still need to work hard and improve my fitness. Of course having fun is the most important part!
I will probably catch some of the action on Sunday when we stop at some bars to eat and drink during our motorcycle ride. My buddy just got a new supermoto bike and wants to put some miles on her.
I hope.you get a great storm and all the rain you want this weekend!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening riddy! hope your week is off to a great start
how was your ride last weekend? hope the weather was nice and you guys all had fun
looks like the storm passed us by and we are having nice warm days with cold nights
/seriously, its getting into the 80s here
that great that you are getting in some good bike time
we wetn for a nice ride the other day, but it was more a bike trail kind of ride, not serious back country stuff
i hear you about fitness and need to step up my game as well; its easy enough peddling around the local trails but once the going gets tough i feel like im not able to keep up like i would like to
we are planning a camping trip for later this month and i cant wait
hope you are having a great day brother and enjoy your week
its almost thanksgiving time!

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
Happy Monday!
I hope y'all have been staying healthy and happy. I have been keeping busy in the jungle and trying to stay ahead.
Last week when I was adjusting my flower tent light timer I made a mistake by accidentally turning the power strip off and not noticing what I'd done. They went almost 48 hours in the dark before I realized what I'd done. They seem ok and have a good couple weeks to finish. I was worried that this would cause them to get super stressed and possibility go intersex.

@pop_rocks. Hey buddy I hope your had a great weekend and your week is off to a good start as well! I had a few really good mountain bike rides while we were having such great weather a week or so ago. While the trails are closed I'm going to have to work hard in the gym because I want to be able to ride faster and longer next year. I've been kind of cruising along and not pushing enough and my body is getting use to it. Time to make it happen.
After our nice stretch of weather its been back to seasonal temps here with low 40's.in the day and mid 20's at night. The 80's your getting sound great! Send some of that north please!
A camping trip sounds like a great time. Where do you plan on going? I hope you have a fun time and see some new scenery. Do you have plans for Thanksgiving? I'm not sure what we are going to do. We still aren't having contact in person with my wife's mom because of her age and the virus surge here. Maybe just a quiet dinner with the two of us.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
evening fiddy! that suck about your timer mishap
i guess you will see how the plants react
i know what you mean about pushing yourself more and right now im trying to find things i can do to increase my overall fitness level
/ive been hitting the weights and am trying to keep up with the walks
we are going to palomar mountain! its a great place with a bunch of cool trails, plus an observatory
/im sure it will be closed
but im ready to get out and enjoy nature and this will be some mountain camping so it might get cold at night!

https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/233300

hope you ave a great day my friend and lets finish off the year strong!

Fiddynut

evening fiddy! that suck about your timer mishap
i guess you will see how the plants react
i know what you mean about pushing yourself more and right now im trying to find things i can do to increase my overall fitness level
/ive been hitting the weights and am trying to keep up with the walks
we are going to palomar mountain! its a great place with a bunch of cool trails, plus an observatory
/im sure it will be closed
but im ready to get out and enjoy nature and this will be some mountain camping so it might get cold at night!

https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/233300

hope you ave a great day my friend and lets finish off the year strong!
Yep, I was really worried that my plants would have big problems with that 48 hour night they had. I have read about how picky plants can be about their light cycle and their circadian rhythm. Maybe plants aren't that picky after all. I remember having issues with intersex my first few grows and I always thought it was something I did wrong in the grow, light leaks in the tent or that tiny LED light on my temp and humidity remote sensor in the tent. I don't think I'm going to intentionally mess with my light cycles in the future but I will be less paranoid about little interruptions or power outages. Its been over a week now and they seem like they never missed a beat!
I really feel like I have been slacking on the fitness department. I had a great spring but we had such a hot summer that it was easy to neglect the bike and gym and spend my days off on the boat. I love being on the water but it does involve a lot of sitting on the boat and eating and drinking, which isn't as healthy as getting out on the bike and putting a few hard miles on. I'm glad you are getting on track with your workouts and I need to follow suit. And my diet could use a little.tune up as well.
That Palomar mountain looks like a great place to camp. I have a feeling your right about the Observatory being closed but you can still bring your telescope and you should be able to see some cool stuff. Its amazing how much you can see up in that sky once you get out of the city and all that light pollution. I bet your right that it gets pretty chilly up in that thin air once the sun goes down. I hope you have a great time brother!
Your right we have to finish off this weird year off strong and hope for a much better 2021! Pretty amazing that we only have 6 weeks of 2020 left!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
morning fiddy! hope your week is rocking and rolling along my man
we are going to sit outside later tonight and make a fire once the mrs gets home
its weird with it getting dark so early
its only like 5.20p here and its already pretty much dark outside so it feel a lot later than it is
i know what you mean about needing to get back in gear and start working out more and taking better care of myself
maybe its just something about the summer vibe, but i too have been eating too much junk and drinking way too much
did i tell you the mrs gave up alcohol? she just up and quite and is doing so much better for it
as you know we went through some rough times and things are starting to piece things back together but im totally in her corner and supporting her not drinking as much as i can
/maybe it can be an inspiration to me and i will quite drinking too here one day
she is also getting super fit because she put all that time and energy she used to drink into working out
so what are your plans for thanksgiving
its crazy when you mention there are only 6w left in the year! that time will fly by in a flash
hope you are enjoying the last of your year and you guys have a great holiday season ahead of you
this truely is the most wonderful time of the year
you kick some ass today brotehr!

Fiddynut

morning fiddy! hope your week is rocking and rolling along my man
we are going to sit outside later tonight and make a fire once the mrs gets home
its weird with it getting dark so early
its only like 5.20p here and its already pretty much dark outside so it feel a lot later than it is
i know what you mean about needing to get back in gear and start working out more and taking better care of myself
maybe its just something about the summer vibe, but i too have been eating too much junk and drinking way too much
did i tell you the mrs gave up alcohol? she just up and quite and is doing so much better for it
as you know we went through some rough times and things are starting to piece things back together but im totally in her corner and supporting her not drinking as much as i can
/maybe it can be an inspiration to me and i will quite drinking too here one day
she is also getting super fit because she put all that time and energy she used to drink into working out
so what are your plans for thanksgiving
its crazy when you mention there are only 6w left in the year! that time will fly by in a flash
hope you are enjoying the last of your year and you guys have a great holiday season ahead of you
this truely is the most wonderful time of the year
you kick some ass today brotehr!

I hope you guys had a nice fire last night! I love sitting around a fire and talking. And when its cool outside nothing warms you up like a nice fire.
Your right it feels weird to have it getting dark so early. Its pretty dark by 5 here and soon it will be by like 4:30. I always get a little depression this time of year due to the long darkness. And this is just the beginning we've got about 4 more months of this to go. I bet it would be really weird to live in Alaska and have some days with like 23 hours of darkness!
Its easy to let the diet slip and drink a little bit more than one might want to. Don't get down on yourself but use it as an opportunity to make a change if you want to. I know I need to get my diet under control. I've gained back about half of the weight I lost a coup!me years ago and don't want to gain any more of it back. I could probably stand to drink a little less on Sundays as well. Weather out on the boat in summer or watching football this time of year if I start drinking early I know I'm not going to have a very productive day.
I think you might have mentioned your Mrs gave up drinking. I'm glad its going so well for her. That's great that she is putting her time and energy into working out. Putting time and energy into ones physical health always pays good dividends and tends to help mental health as well! Good for her and of course good for the both of you.
I'm still not sure what were doing for Thanksgiving. My mom wanted to have family over as of a couple weeks ago but I'm not sure if that is still something she wants to do. There is a lot of pressure here to stay home due to the surge in the virus. Its too bad because Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday meal of the year! If we do stay home just the two of us I will still cook up some great food!
I suspect the Holliday season will be a mixed bag this year with a lot of family not getting to be with each other in person. A lot of people are doing virtual party's with videoconference but that doesn't seem very personal to me. I guess its better than nothing. I got word yesterday that NOLA canceled all Mardi Gras parades for next spring already.
I hope your having a great week!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
oh wow, no marti grass? that is serious and hopefully we will have a handle on this covid things here soon
pfizer is coming out witha vacine that has a very high efficacy rate, but it will take time for the medicine to be available to all
ive been doing a lot of teleconferencing and online chat and face timing lately
its neat being able to se the other person on the phone and i even set up a place that i can have a cool background look when im online talking to people
but its nothing like talkign to someone face to face
i know what you mean about getting a little down this time of year, is a season thing and im sure you will adjust
one thing ive found that helps is to dress warm and do holiday things like drink spiced hot drinks and stuff like that
we went for a walk the other night and it was rad, people are already decorating for the holidays and the light and bright colors are so welcome
no matter what you do for the holidays i hope you have a great time brother
its all about being close to the people you love
even if you cant be there in the same room, just think of them and cherish knowing they are there
hope you are having a great week and are looking ahead o an even better weekend my friend!

Fiddynut

I couldn't believe that Mardi Gras was canceled when my sister in law told me either. People down there take it really seriously and spend all year preparing for the festivities. I have to think that there will be some smaller neighborhood parades and party's.
My wife has been using zoom and another video teleconferencing program for some of her meeting wit coworkers and it seems to work pretty well these days. I haven't had the opportunity myself. Some of my aunts and cousins have done virtual pumpkin carving and now Holliday cookie making with video conference with each other. Better than nothing I suppose.
I think my wife is doing some outdoor Christmas decorating today. Its a rare warm day this time of year almost 60 degrees so its perfect weather for that. It will be nice to have some holiday lights going on in the neighbourhood.
I hope you are having a great week and looking forward to a nice weekend. Ill be keeping an eye on the Wisconsin Badgers football on Saturday and the Packers play the afternoon game on Sunday.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
cant wait for the weekend to kick off
we have some decent football on sunday but my game isnt until monday night so i can just watch what ever games look good on sunday
video pumpkin carving sounds fun and so does the cookie baking
its a way to be close to the people you love while still social distancing, plus you can get together with a bunch of people at once so everyone can be in on the fun
decorating the house sounds like fun and i hope you guys are having a great holiday season so far
there is something about the lights that makes these winter nights almost magical and i am enjoying my night walks around the neighborhood
have a great friday my man and an even better weekend

that goes out to the rest of the guys too
we havent heard from a few of you in a while and i hope everyone is having a great week

Fiddynut

Happy Friday!
Its always nice when your team is playing on Monday night football. It really frees up your Sunday for whatever you want to do or see and since its the only game Monday everyone gets to watch it. I'm just glad the packers play the afternoon game on Sunday so I can have the morning and early afternoon to do with what I like.
I'm glad my family is able to do the video conference. It gives them a good opportunity to stay caught up with each other. My wife tried to video conference with her mother a couple days ago but her mom couldn't get the camera working. Because her mom is in her 80's we have been keeping our distance. Its the older family we need to be extra cautious of but they are also usually the ones who aren't as good with the newer technology.
When I got home from work yesterday the wife had a bunch of strings of lights that needed bulbs replaced, which I did for her. She is going to be putting the lights on our outside trees today so we will see how that goes.
With the mild weather last night and this morning I was able to get one last ride in at Alpine Valley on the mountain bike. That will almost certainly be my last ride there until spring. I'm sure as soon as it cools back down they are going to start making snow. I could tell today on my ride that they are getting ready to switch over to snow making and ski and snowboard season. I might just have to try snowboarding again this winter. I use to go all over the country snowboarding but after a bad motorcycle wreck I wasn't able to ride anymore.
Have a great weekend buddy!

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
Happy Tuesday! I hope everyone had a great weekend. I hope your favorite football teams did better than mine over the weekend, I'm 0-2 between my packers and badgers. Oh well its only a game.
I'm going to be taking down my gorilla bubble plants in a few days and they are looking as frosty as ever. They are already stinking up my basement, even in a tent with a new filter. Here are a couple of pics of them from this morning at lights off.