What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
morning fiddy! hope you are having a great week brother
that sounds like a fun time on the water and i hope you guys get to spend as much time on the boat as you can
does the wide like to swim in the lake too?
mrsChicky is a nut in the water and one of those people who will swim way out into the ocean
/im a great swimmer and love the water, but i dont like to just go out into the middle of nowhere like that
ive been hearing about micro dosing and maybe i will give it a try
like about how much would you take for a nice soft buzz?
that plus a nice joint would be a fun way to spend an afternoon
so it looks like baseball is already having problems with covid and i wonder if they will be able to play out the full season
/or at least whats scheduled
the first plant is setting some early flowers and already smells nice
im hoping she will be ready sometime in september so i should start to see some nice flowers in the next month or so
you are so right about what comes around goes around brother; good things happen to good people for a reason
hope you are having a great week and an even better weekend

Fiddynut

morning fiddy! hope you are having a great week brother
that sounds like a fun time on the water and i hope you guys get to spend as much time on the boat as you can
does the wide like to swim in the lake too?
mrsChicky is a nut in the water and one of those people who will swim way out into the ocean
/im a great swimmer and love the water, but i dont like to just go out into the middle of nowhere like that
ive been hearing about micro dosing and maybe i will give it a try
like about how much would you take for a nice soft buzz?
that plus a nice joint would be a fun way to spend an afternoon
so it looks like baseball is already having problems with covid and i wonder if they will be able to play out the full season
/or at least whats scheduled
the first plant is setting some early flowers and already smells nice
im hoping she will be ready sometime in september so i should start to see some nice flowers in the next month or so
you are so right about what comes around goes around brother; good things happen to good people for a reason
hope you are having a great week and an even better weekend

Good afternoon pop_rocks.
My wife grew up on a small lake and loves to swim. She use to swim around the shore line of the lake that the cabin is on up north which would take 3-4 hours. She is part fish I think. I bet she would swim way out in the ocean with your Mrs if we lived close to the ocean. I love to swim and float around but active swimming for hours on end is probably not my thing. I'm more an in the water to cool off or piss then out to get another drink type of guy.
My micro dose on Sunday was a good time. The particular shrooms I've got and strong and half a gram was enough to get a body buzz going. They wore off pretty quick and I took another half gram a couple hours after the first to keep the buzz going. It's a good way to get a little bit of the experience but remain sober enough to drive it needed. We were putting plenty of bowls too.
It wouldn't surprise me if the baseball season got scrapped sometime this weekend. The word on the streets is that some of the Marlins players went out to a club or something and got it before they got on the plane to Philly and that it spread fast on the flight. No other teams players are testing positive and only 1 of the 18 or 19 Marlins players and coaches have any symptoms. Pretty silly that something like that can threaten the whole league but that's how it is these days.
Speaking of covid, today our governor issued an order requiring masks to be warn indoors everywhere in the state until the end of september. There is no way I can where a mask all day at work and do what I do. We have already talked about it in the shop and were not doing it. I'm glad I work with a bunch of free spirited bikers and not a bunch of whiners. I'm glad to where one at the grocery store or Costco but not when I'm back in My work area with plenty of distance and no one from the public is even allowed in the shop to infect me or for me to infect.
That is great news about your cherry rider and I can't wait to see how she stacks up with buds. I wish we could post the scent of our plan take through the internet so I could get a shift of her. Someday that will be possible probably.
I hope your week is finishing strong brother!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i might have to try micro dosing one of these days
i have some mushrooms, but dont want to eat them sometimes because i cant spend the next few hours tripping
but a nice light buzz could go a long way
i saw a mets game this afternoon and it was fun watching sports again!
i saw this lady at costco wearing this thin plastic face shield like a welder would wear
maybe you can get those to wear around the shop when you have to
ive tried just about all the different types of masks and there is no one mask that feels just right
itsucks because i have an office where i can close the door, but hr said i have to wear my mask even when im alone inside my office
/so someone wont walk by and see me not wearing a mask even tho im all by myself sometimes
as long as you are around people you know i think you are on the honor system
but i definitely mask up when im out in public around people
i cant wait to see how the girls are doing tomorrow and will get some new pics
im hoping the stretch is close to over and she dosent get much taller
/if i were to grow the cherry rider out again i would definitely top it
hope you have a great day man and slide into a great weekend brother!

Fiddynut

i might have to try micro dosing one of these days
i have some mushrooms, but dont want to eat them sometimes because i cant spend the next few hours tripping
but a nice light buzz could go a long way
i saw a mets game this afternoon and it was fun watching sports again!
i saw this lady at costco wearing this thin plastic face shield like a welder would wear
maybe you can get those to wear around the shop when you have to
ive tried just about all the different types of masks and there is no one mask that feels just right
itsucks because i have an office where i can close the door, but hr said i have to wear my mask even when im alone inside my office
/so someone wont walk by and see me not wearing a mask even tho im all by myself sometimes
as long as you are around people you know i think you are on the honor system
but i definitely mask up when im out in public around people
i cant wait to see how the girls are doing tomorrow and will get some new pics
im hoping the stretch is close to over and she dosent get much taller
/if i were to grow the cherry rider out again i would definitely top it
hope you have a great day man and slide into a great weekend brother!
Well, it looks like I spoke too soon about the only baseball team to have people testing positive being the Marlins. Today's home opener here in Milwaukee between the brew crew and the candles has been postponed because the cardinals have at least two positive tests. Those shit birds always seem to find a way to wreck our fun here. They beat us in the 82 world series, knocked us out of the NLCS in 2011, just bested us for the central division title last season and now fucked our opening day up. Right now the MLB is saying we can still play tomorrow and make it up with a double header on Sunday but I doubt any of those games will happen. Oh well, at least they tried to give us something to watch.
It doesn't look like this mask mandate will be enforced in a lot of places. For instance the gym I go to won't be enforcing it and how could you get a good cardio workout with a mask on? I just can't see where sweating into a mask can be good for you. Since the gym reopened there isn't ever very many people there and it's easy to keep at least a 12 foot distance from anyone. I read a letter from the police department of one city that told people not to call them with complaints about others not wearing masks because they would not be responding to those types of complaint. Your right the honor system should be in effect.
I'm looking forward to seeing the latest pics of the lady's too. I hope that cherry rider is stacking for you. Have a great weekend brother!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening fiddy, hope you had a great weekend
i was able to hang out with my friend who brought back the fossils and i was amazed at the stuff he had
i know this cat goes big, but i wasnt expecting this!
he let me pick through the batch and i got a few high grade pieces for myself and he said when he comes back through he will let us pick through whatever he has left
i am having computer problems right now but i will get some pics up here soon
i did stop by my other friends house on friday and was very sad to see most of the new plants were males
out of the four new plants, three were males
this has to be one of the worse rounds ive had with almost 2/3 of the seeds being males in the end
im seriously thinking about turning the lights back on this fall, need to step up my game
the cherry rider is still stretched out but the buds are looking nice and frosty
hope you had a great weekend brother and stay safe

Rodehazrd

Hey pop
Sorry Eros is having his day in your garden. I have the opposite Psyche rules so far. The 12 goji f2 I put out show female pre flowers on all. The 3 BOZ are flowering all female. The 9 ril have several girls showing no boys yet. The biggest ones are fems so far. I was hoping far a lanky boy to dust with while flowers are small. Last year I did.it late and got low germ rate.
I fear the hermie will come end I'll have to research for the proper mythology for that personality trait.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
thanks for the thoughts brother
i have no idea why i have had so many males this season
i like growing regular seeds and a few males plants are the norm
but this year was super rough and it looks like i will just have the two girls to harvest this fall in my friend back yard
keep up the good work brother and stay safe

packerfan79

Veteran
What's up jungle mates,

Hope everyone is having a good week. I am still chugging along. Getting ready to harvest some frosted cherry cookies, and some deadhead og x long bottom leaf. I have picked up some new clone only strains recently. I got gelato, og 33, and la kush cake. I have really been digging the cake crosses. I have some ice cream cake right now, it's really dank, a little heavy for day time. I had some wedding cake a couple weeks ago, my current favorite. Trying to find the wedding cake cut.

I should be able to flip the new plants into flower immediately. Nice to not have any wasted time.

The kiddos start school next week, the wife is back to work online this week too. The wife is officially a University of Arizona student. This program requires 1500 hours of internship, fortunately Uof A allows you to use work hours towards internship.

@ Pop Rocks, bummer about the males. Might be a good time to fire up some indoor. If you get up my way, I will set you up with some girls.

@ Fiddynuts, sounds like you are having a great summer, in spite of the covid madness. I wish I had a boat, one day I will. Have you started on the next crop?

@ Rhodehazard sounds like you are preparing for a great outdoor grow.

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
Happy tuesday! I hope everyone had a great weekend. I had monday off so it was a long weekend for me. I managed to get some disc golf, live music and even a few hours on the water in with plenty of time to rest in between over the weekend.

@pop_rocks. I'm glad you got to see your buddy with the fossils. I can't wait to see what you picked out. It sounds like he is a generous guy to share his stash with you. Have you guys been friends long? Get that computer fixed your keeping me in suspense here buddy.
That is really weird about all the males in your garden. I know we've talked about this topic in the past and we almost always get more lady's then boys every time we pop seeds. Must just be bad luck. I think the usually rate is more like 2\3 lady's. That's the inherent issue with growing from seed is not knowing what your going to end up with. If things go the opposite way it is problematic too because you might have to cull some females and then agonize about how one of them could be a keeper.
I think you should definitely fire up the lights this fall and have some indoor fun! With the virus we do need things to keep us busy. What I'm seeing happen to the baseball season I don't think we can count on football to entertain us like we could in a normal year.
I'm glad the cherry rider is doing well. Maybe she will make up for all the boys with some super dank!

@Rodehazrd. It sounds like you are having the opposite problem that pop is having with all his boys. I hope you have space for all the ladys. With such good genetics you have a great chance at a keeper in any one of those girls. Good luck and keep us posted brother!

@Packerfan. Those all sound like great genetics. It's a great feeling to have things timed right to go right from one crop to the next.
That's good news about your kids going back to school next week. Does it normally start that early or just this year, I don't ever remember starting before labor day. I bet your wife is excited to get going in her program. I'm sure she will do well!
I'm having the best summer I can given the circumstances. I miss the music but I'm having a good time doing other things. We are lucky to have been given this boat and so far it hasnt cost us too much in upkeep. We're also lucky to live in a state where lakes are everywhere and easy to get on and enjoy.
I just put 4 cobra lips in the flower tent last week. I've run these a few times so it should be an easy run. I'm setting up to run the gorilla bubble next run and looking forward to that.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
thanks for the kind offer p'man! i might be heading up that way pretty soon to do some camping
if im in the area it would be great to meet up again
/plus i can let you try some of those honey candies we made
so is the kid actually going to be in the classroom or will it be online?
thats great that your lady can use her work hours for course credit
school is never easy, especially when you are an adult, but all worth it in the end!
best wishes to you and your family brother

f'nut! i am kind of milking the fossil thing and will get the pics up tomorrow
my friend came by earlier and installed the enw power supply so im ready to rock and roll
this is a friend ive known for a few years, but we kind of hit it off right away
we actually became friend because of football and things just kind of went from there
plus, the mrs really liked him and thought it was so cool how nice he is
you are right that a 2/3 rem to male ratio would be more like it, for some reason ive just had a lot of males this year
i am seriously thinking of firing up the lights
i still have the room pretty much all set up; i just need to tidy things up a bit and we are good to go
im kind of wondering if we will have any football this year too but i guess we will have to wait and see

summer is in full swing and i hope everyone is having a great week

Fiddynut

thanks for the kind offer p'man! i might be heading up that way pretty soon to do some camping
school is never easy, especially when you are an adult, but all worth it in the end!

my friend came by earlier and installed the enw power supply so im ready to rock and roll
this is a friend ive known for a few years, but we kind of hit it off right away
we actually became friend because of football and things just kind of went from there
you are right that a 2/3 rem to male ratio would be more like it, for some reason ive just had a lot of males this year
i still have the room pretty much all set up; i just need to tidy things up a bit and we are good to go
im kind of wondering if we will have any football this year too but i guess we will have to wait and see

Is the friend with the fossils the same cat that fixes computers? If so he really is a friend indeed! That's great the two of you have some common interests. Many good friendships have come about that started out with something like football being common ground. Unless your fans of different teams then that's another story. It's always good when a friend is Mrs approved as well. I had a buddy that got a girlfriend that didn't like his friends much once, needless to say we didn't see much of him until he got sick of her shit and got rid of her.
It would be nice if male and female seeds looked different from each other wouldn't it. But that would take some of the suspense out of things too. I guess if you had a bag with 100 seeds in it 33 of them would be males and if 10 of those made it I to the same pack it would just be bad luck and not anything more. But if I bought that pack and poped them I'd still be pissed.
I hope you get some indoor going this fall. It's always fun to see and hear about someone's set up and how they do things. I've taken some inspiration from all the grow rooms I've read about and seen pics of.
We just have to keep our fingers crossed about football. I'm heading that the tv viewing numbers are way down for baseball and basketball and I'm not sure why. If anything id think the numbers would be up because we have less options for entertainment. But just maybe people arnt tuning in because they are working in their yard or on a classic car they are restoring or something else productive. Maybe because there hasn't been live sports to watch people are finding they don't need that kind of entertainment as much as we use to think.
I hope your having a good day brother!

packerfan79

Veteran

Hey Pop Rocks,

I look forward to meeting up with you. Honey candy sounds awesome, I love Honey.

The kids start back to school tomorrow. I don't know why we start back so early here. Kinda kills the summer. They are doing distance learning for now. Fucking Gavin Newsollini is an idiot. We are killing our children's education. Most of the world has kids back in school, not us. Politics before kids, the California way. The teachers union in LA won't go back to school, till they get rid of charter schools. My younger kids go to a really good charter school, we had to jump through a bunch of whoops to get them in.

It's really exciting to start flowering some new strains. I love running seeds but, I need some keepers now.

I need you get shit ready for harvest this weekend. It's a wonderful time.

Rodehazrd

Hey PF
I'm glad you got the kids in a good school. Early ed is essential. One of the kids 6yr old won a seat in a Montessori only 8 mi away. They held a lottery last winter for new kids. He goes one day soon to get his tablet and we hope his own hotspot. They keep pushing the date back as cases change. I made him a pair of stilts yesterday so he's moving on up.

I spoke too soon on my girls I think I see two males in the goji in 3 gal pots today and three in the TGRIL
Indoors. Here's some pix. The TGRIL got out of control getting so big so fast. I keep breaking branches a d bending. I'll start topping early next run. I'll get a scrog on there as soon as males go.
It looks really sloppy in there now.
Outside I drove a ground rod in for the big BOZ I got almost 2 feet in the ground of 10 it seems strong enough to hold in the wind.

Attachments

• 20200805_174553.jpg
    20200805_174553.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 20200805_174819.jpg
    20200805_174819.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 20200805_174901.jpg
    20200805_174901.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 9

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening fellas! hope everyone is having a great week

if you like honey p'fan you will love the new candy
it tastes like a big spoon full of honey and has a nice buzzz!
the whole state is going crazy and everything has to be politically slanted
until there is an option for higher standards in the class room, there need to be an alternative for parents whos kids want to learn more
i hope we can have real reform here in california but i dont think the unions are motivated to change
/ we also have to accept that a lot of parents (and their kids) just dont value education enough
i hear you about wanting to get some keepers here! its fun exploring a hand full of new beans but if im going to fire up the lights indoors again, i want to know what to expect

no this is a different friend who gave me the sharks teeth
i guess his relative lives in in georgia near a deep water canal
back in the 50's they dredged up the bottom to make room for these really big barges and he says after it rains you can walk down the beach and find all kinds of cool stuff
he is super knowledgeable and a really cool cat!

these are some of the treasures he brought over

the really big black teeth are from megalodon, a giant ancestor of the great white shark, the smaller sharks tooth between the two black ones is from a mako shark
the large conical tooth is a prehistoric whale tooth, and the smaller one above it is from a crocodile
the two larger pieces at the top are whale bones and the black thing at the end is a horse tooth

/with a lighter for scale

more sharks teeth and the whale tooth, the disk looking thing is a animal vertabra (i tihnk he said whale)

just another shot but the whit thing in the corner is a fossilized camels tooth

he gave me a couple mako shark teeth and the one big meg tooth but he said when he comes back through we are welcome to pick through them again

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
I hope y'all are having a good week! Not sure about you but I'm ready for this week to be over and for another nice weekend.

@Packerfan. It really sucks that people are putting politics before education. I think that kids need the social aspect of school just as much as the learning part. And to hear that the union wants to get rid of charter schools seems crazy. One of the reasons I hated school was the one size fits all way that public schools were here. Different kids have different needs and different learning styles and there should be plenty of room for all of that!
I hope you get a great harvest this weekend brother!

@Rodehazrd. That's great that your grandkid got into Montessori school. My niece went to Montessori from preschool to about 4th grade of so and really liked it.
It looks like you are going to have some pollen to work with after all. Your pics make it look like you've got a jungle on your hands there buddy!

@pop_rocks. Those are some cool pieces you have there! Those teeth are all way bigger than the ones I've found in Florida. You can tell those megalodon teeth are really old. I thought the gator tooth looked like a wolf tooth or something when I first saw it. The whale tooth is really cool too! I can imagine walking down the beach and finding all kinds of interesting things. I wonder how a camel tooth got into a beach in Georgia? Great job on getting the pics and sharing them with us!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
yeah i have some teeth i found in fla and ones people have given me in the past, but nothing like these
/i will have to post up a side by side pic of the ones i have from before with the few that he gave me now
i guess many millions of years ago ga was a different place
just like the mid west was covered by an inland sea, maybe huge crocs and camels roamed free in the south east at one time
one thing i dident get pics of were the gator scales and a few other fossils he brought over
there are so many cool things to be found on the beach especially after storms
you have a great day my friend!

Fiddynut

yeah i have some teeth i found in fla and ones people have given me in the past, but nothing like these
/i will have to post up a side by side pic of the ones i have from before with the few that he gave me now
i guess many millions of years ago ga was a different place
just like the mid west was covered by an inland sea, maybe huge crocs and camels roamed free in the south east at one time
one thing i dident get pics of were the gator scales and a few other fossils he brought over
there are so many cool things to be found on the beach especially after storms
you have a great day my friend!

A side by side would be cool but I can tell all those teeth in your pics are way bigger than the ones I have from Florida. They remind me of stuff I use to see at the museum.
Your right about North America being a very different place millions of years ago. I think the whole continent was in a different place on earth as well. I could imagine there would be all kinds of animals we wouldn't normally associate with what we know as america.
Do you have anything good planned for the weekend?
I'm not sure what's going on tomorrow and Sunday but I'm going on the Milwaukee boat tour tonight. I had a great time last year and I'm happy that it's going down this year. My favorite local band is playing on the back of the observation deck. There is an indoor level with a bar and space to chill but the top deck will be the dance floor. They take us out through the river into the harbor and then out into lake Michigan for a 3 hour tour.
I hope you have a great weekend brother!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i will see about getting a couple pics of the older stuff i hvae along side these new ones
you are so right about some of the stuff he had was totally museum quality stuff
im only showing off what he was willing to share, he had a bunch of other stuff he had set aside that was really primo
not much planned for this weekend, just refinishing an old picnic table and spending time around the house
that boat tour sounds awesome!
i hope you and the mrs have a great time
are you going with anyone else or is it just the two of you?
sounds like a fun date night and i hope you guys have a blast

Fiddynut

i will see about getting a couple pics of the older stuff i hvae along side these new ones
you are so right about some of the stuff he had was totally museum quality stuff
im only showing off what he was willing to share, he had a bunch of other stuff he had set aside that was really primo
not much planned for this weekend, just refinishing an old picnic table and spending time around the house
that boat tour sounds awesome!
i hope you and the mrs have a great time
are you going with anyone else or is it just the two of you?
sounds like a fun date night and i hope you guys have a blast

I hope you had a great weekend and your week is off to a good start!
The boat concert tour was a great time! It felt just like the good old days (pre covid) where we would all dance together and share joints and bowls. As soon as we were 10 feet from the dock it seemed like everyone lit up at once and there was a giant cloud of ganja smoke hanging in the air. The whole 9 day span between August 1st. (Jerry Garcia's birthday) and August 9th. (The day he died) are very special to us deadheads. We call it holly week or the days between and we try to spread extra love and keep Jerry extra close to our hearts. This being the 25th anniversary of his passing makes it a milestone and we spend a lot of time reflecting and partying in his memory. I saw both Bony Fingers concerts during the days between and listened to many, many hours of his recorded music and spent a lot of time reflecting. Bony Fingers have been continuing Jerry's music since just after he passed and are my favorite local tribute band.
Sunday was hot so we get on the water early and just spent the day swimming, cruising the shoreline and listening to music (mostly Jerry Garcia band and the dead). It was a nice way to end the days between.
I did manage to find some time to make some beef kabobs on Saturday evening that turned out really good. I got a game of disc golf in on with too, which was nice.
Did you make or eat anything interesting over the weekend?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that sounds like a great time fiddy! its good to see some places enjoying life
i hope things get back to normal here soon
its been nice here in so cal but i hear the heat is back on later this week
we are heading out camping next week so we will see what the weather is like
we are heading to the local mountains and i hope we get the tropical moisture that brings t-storms
we dident really do much this weekend
we watched some netflix and me and me and the mrs just kind of hung out around the house
her back has been giving her problems so we slept on the floor last night in the living room
we did make this sweet and sour chicken with home made sweet and sour sauce
it was super tart and really good!
hope your week just gets better from here my man!