What's new

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Fiddynut

Update and pics

Update and pics

Greetings friends.
I'm way overdue for an update so here goes. The LW's have been looking good. They have been more thirsty as of late, drinking every 3 days. The smell of lemon and skunk are present in all of them. Every time I handle them my hands get all sticky. The frost is getting thicker on them, especially the #1 and the dwarf #4.

I do however have a concern or two. While the leaves look nice and green the buds are a lighter yellow green and not developing as much as I'd expect. I'm at day 44ish and I was looking back at my first two grows and notice bigger buds on my Larry's and the blackwater as well. If they wanted more nitro I'd think they would be stealing it from the leaves. I've been giving plenty of nutes (I think) so not sure what is up. I know some plants are bigger yielders so maybe this is not one of them. Maybe I'm just being paranoid but the buds look underdeveloped for early week 7 to me. Maybe they will bulk up a lot in the next 3 weeks or so, I'm hoping.

Here is a pick of the #1 lights on and off.

The GB's are moving along nicely. The 2 seedlings I thought I'd killed have survived but are way behind the rest. Not long and these baby's are going to need a transplant.

Floridian

Veteran
They look at least average for that stage Fiddy,what you don't need is nitrogen.I would feed 2 tbls per gallon PBP bloom then 3 days later water but not until runoff then 2 tbls PBP again then water.This may seem like a lot but its what I do at the end and its served me well.It could easily realistically be a 9 or 10 week phenos

Fiddynut

They look at least average for that stage Fiddy,what you don't need is nitrogen.I would feed 2 tbls per gallon PBP bloom then 3 days later water but not until runoff then 2 tbls PBP again then water.This may seem like a lot but its what I do at the end and its served me well.It could easily realistically be a 9 or 10 week phenos
Good afternoon Floridian.

Thanks for the suggestion bud. I've been feeding about one tbs but every watering. I know exactly how much water they take before I get runoff so I can handle watering without runoff. I watered this morning and went to a predictable one cup runoff.
Maybe I'm just being paranoid but they seem small compared to my first two grows. Maybe my expectations have changed some sinc then as well. I have to believe if they wanted something the leaves would be talking to me. I'm sure you are right they don't need nitro, I'm not even sure why I brought that up other than to comment they would be taking nutes from the leaves if they needed something. If they are looking for something it would have to be something that isn't very mobile and they can't get from their reserves. I'll try alternating heavier feed and plain water. Thanks again for the wisdom...Fiddy.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
glad you have you back fiddy!
as much as i appreciate technology, i also like my time away from the computer
sounds like the seasons are changing for you guys up north and hopefully you are in full spring mode and getting all ready for the summer

solid advice floridian
from the looks of the leafs, they are not being overfed
/look for curling and browning at the tips

i usually go light on the feedings the first time i run anything but thats just me
i want to see how the plant would grow on its own
but if you arent taking cuts, then push them to their max and see what you have
i also alternate the feedings with plain water
it gives the plants time to soak in the nutrients

thanks for the pass on the shitty pics rhode!
just glad to be able to share soemthign wiht you guys

unfortunately the person who passed the beans to me asked me not to mention his name or what they are, so im kind of sticking to that
i will tell you that one of the two plants has a lot of "dawg" in her and was gifted because of the punch it packs
the other was a fruiter strain given to me for mrsChicky to enjoy
i like the heavy hitters and she likes the more exotic flavors

Fiddynut

glad you have you back fiddy!
as much as i appreciate technology, i also like my time away from the computer
sounds like the seasons are changing for you guys up north and hopefully you are in full spring mode and getting all ready for the summer

solid advice floridian
from the looks of the leafs, they are not being overfed
/look for curling and browning at the tips

i usually go light on the feedings the first time i run anything but thats just me
i want to see how the plant would grow on its own
but if you arent taking cuts, then push them to their max and see what you have
i also alternate the feedings with plain water
it gives the plants time to soak in the nutrients

thanks for the pass on the shitty pics rhode!
just glad to be able to share soemthign wiht you guys

unfortunately the person who passed the beans to me asked me not to mention his name or what they are, so im kind of sticking to that
i will tell you that one of the two plants has a lot of "dawg" in her and was gifted because of the punch it packs
the other was a fruiter strain given to me for mrsChicky to enjoy
i like the heavy hitters and she likes the more exotic flavors
Good evening pop_rocks.
It's good to be back. Like you I like the technology but need some time away sometimes. I got a lot of stuff done like restock some bags of soil and nutes, burned a bunch of stuff that I don't put in the trash like old branches and leaves and grow supply boxes, got more pots so I don't run out.....

It's been nice for a few days but it still fluctuates between 40's and rain and 70's and nice until mid May. Don't like the weather just hang out a couple days it's likely to be different. We should be getting plenty of nice days now. Summer is June to August here and can be hot and humid or on the mild side usually upper 70's-90's but can hit 100+. We have had several cooler than average summers so no 100's for a few years.

I think it's hard to burn plants with PBP. I'll actually be giving the same quantity of nutes but they will get more at once. I was going to cut out the nutes in a couple weeks but may adjust that if it looks like they are going to go long. They better not go too long because I've got vegging plants that will need that tent in a month or less.

I was just joking about where you got your plants. There is nothing wrong with keeping your word to your guy. In fact it would be wrong not to. Glad to hear you are happy with how they are growing.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
"I was just joking about where you got your plants. There is nothing wrong with keeping your word to your guy. In fact it would be wrong not to. Glad to hear you are happy with how they are growing."
i must have missed that part, i dident feel like you guys were messing wiht me at all
where did you say i got them? i send him pm's from time to time and he knows about this thread
i figured he can always come out and say who he is if he waned to
he offered to gift me some seeds and all he asked was i share the product with others in need and not mention his name on the forum
i already know who i will be sharing some of the finished bud with
i may try crossing the two in the future

this pbp sounds awesome
what are the nutrient ration on the bottle? did you get it locally or online?
dident you mention there was a grow and bloom component?

so here is a weird story for you guys
the other day i was driving to work and the back door of the truck seemed to be ajar
i reached back to close it and it turns out the door was practically open
luckily i was at a long stop light and was able to reach back, open the door and then slam it shut
i also noticed that the front passenger door was unlocked
i normally leave the back door unlocked
its a suv (nissan pathfinder) and its easier to have the side door open so mrsChicky can help put the bikes in
besides, the car is about 20yrs old and other than rope and a blanket (that i put between the bikes when they are in teh car), there is really nothing in the car
at first i thought someone was in the car but after a couple days i just kind of blew it off and figured i was jsut tripping
then i found the keys in the front passanger floor boards
not my keys, but car keys, house keys and what looked like keys to an apt gate or some kind of locker (you know, the kind that say do not duplicate on them)
well now i know i was not tripping and that someone was in my car
but what did they take?
other than the junk in the back i have nothing of value in there
so im driving home the other day and noticed that my ash tray was missing!
it had an old cologne sample in it and maybe a spare contact lens but i dident keep any money in there

mrs chicky said it must have been the most incompetent thief in the world to loose his keys and only get away with an ash tray
i said it was karma
/either way, fuck them

Fiddynut

"I was just joking about where you got your plants. There is nothing wrong with keeping your word to your guy. In fact it would be wrong not to. Glad to hear you are happy with how they are growing."
i must have missed that part, i dident feel like you guys were messing wiht me at all
where did you say i got them? i send him pm's from time to time and he knows about this thread
i figured he can always come out and say who he is if he waned to
he offered to gift me some seeds and all he asked was i share the product with others in need and not mention his name on the forum
i already know who i will be sharing some of the finished bud with
i may try crossing the two in the future

this pbp sounds awesome
what are the nutrient ration on the bottle? did you get it locally or online?
dident you mention there was a grow and bloom component?

so here is a weird story for you guys
the other day i was driving to work and the back door of the truck seemed to be ajar
i reached back to close it and it turns out the door was practically open
luckily i was at a long stop light and was able to reach back, open the door and then slam it shut
i also noticed that the front passenger door was unlocked
i normally leave the back door unlocked
its a suv (nissan pathfinder) and its easier to have the side door open so mrsChicky can help put the bikes in
besides, the car is about 20yrs old and other than rope and a blanket (that i put between the bikes when they are in teh car), there is really nothing in the car
at first i thought someone was in the car but after a couple days i just kind of blew it off and figured i was jsut tripping
then i found the keys in the front passanger floor boards
not my keys, but car keys, house keys and what looked like keys to an apt gate or some kind of locker (you know, the kind that say do not duplicate on them)
well now i know i was not tripping and that someone was in my car
but what did they take?
other than the junk in the back i have nothing of value in there
so im driving home the other day and noticed that my ash tray was missing!
it had an old cologne sample in it and maybe a spare contact lens but i dident keep any money in there

mrs chicky said it must have been the most incompetent thief in the world to loose his keys and only get away with an ash tray
i said it was karma
/either way, fuck them
Good afternoon pop_rocks.

I may have been messing with you a little but it was Rodehazrd that did the investigative work and I had a little laugh.
Rodehazrd said:
keep analysing the name D OG. TRE ATS you subconsciously let it out I just need to probe your post.
Then I chimed in with.
Fiddynut said:
Sounds like some good investigative work there. Hahah secrets out pop.
Just having some fun.

The PBP is very forgiving so far and I've been hearing a lot of good things about it. One part veg and one part bloom that overlap during stretch. The veg is 3-2-4 and the bloom is 1-4-5. I get it at the hydro store in my area. Very strange that in a no med no rec state there is still a grow shop.

That is a strange story. My first thought was a homeless person living in your car but that get not make sense. Kids is more likely. I never lock my car and never keep anything of value in there either. Maybe someone had a pathfinder that needed an ash tray. It's not unheard of for a junkie to use someone's car to cop a buzz.

Floridian

Veteran
Fiddy your plants seem real healthy.If they could talk I'm sure the only thing they'd say is git me a man.Now!I'm gonna make me a nanner and fuck myself lol.Personally I've never had any signs of overfeeding with PBP,that doesn't mean it can't happen of course.I usually feed 1 tbls per gallon water but I have used two many times with only good results.If I'm not mistaken the directions say 2 tbls per gallon,damn I used to have everything right in front of me but not these days.I'd like to hear from other PBP users on how much they use.I must have checked the PPMs of 2 tbls per gallon at one point or I wouldn't have gone that high.I know less is more is a wise unwritten rule for feeding plants and I couldn't agree more with that philosophy with FF grow big or tiger bloom but I know I used PBP pretty liberally in many instances.If you have a PPM pen run a check on 2 per gallon and tell us what you find.Also remind me what the directions call for.I know I used 1 per gallon in most instances but I swear I think only because of the cost using it.Its not inexpensive to use

Rodehazrd

Sorry guys guys I didn't mean to expose a secret I was influenced by bangi haze and Conan Doyle

Those bushes looks nice I have hso 707 never gets dark green olive at best. And I've cooked it several ways. I wonder is lighter coloring associated with needing less nutes?

I flashed on a slow car radio thief who stuck his head under there and gave up who knows whose car those keys came from.
Rodehazrd

Floridian

Veteran
In the 90's before I started growing,the best homegrown by far was the light green,almost lime colored home grown.I'm sure color has nothing to do with quality but the best skunkiest stuff never had a darker green color

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
no worries guys :)
im having fun with this too and i think ive dropped a hint or two as to whom this cool cat who gave me the seeds is
now that i have rhodehazard PI on my trail i will have to be more subtle
/or is the cat already out of the bag?!?

thats funny you mentioned fiddys plants and the idea of polenating them
i was kind of kicking the idea around the other day or making some crosses wiht some of the things i have growing
esp the mrGibbs and the dog treats ( i could even use that name for the cross but now im kind of partial to moriarty)
mrGibbs is a super fast finisher with amazing structure
good taste and high too

a friend of mine had a theory that it was some wandering crack head, just checking car doors
the area i live in is pretty nice and its way out of the way
people dont frequent my street unless you live here or on one of the connecting neighborhoods
he said he prob parked a few blocks away and hit a few cars
thats why he dident come back to get the keys

who ever it was it was a sneak thief who was jsut looking for an opportunity to steal something
im just glad he dident break the lock or a window

i ended up tossing the keys into a trash dumpster at work

Fiddynut

Fiddy your plants seem real healthy.If they could talk I'm sure the only thing they'd say is git me a man.Now!I'm gonna make me a nanner and fuck myself lol.Personally I've never had any signs of overfeeding with PBP,that doesn't mean it can't happen of course.I usually feed 1 tbls per gallon water but I have used two many times with only good results.If I'm not mistaken the directions say 2 tbls per gallon,damn I used to have everything right in front of me but not these days.I'd like to hear from other PBP users on how much they use.I must have checked the PPMs of 2 tbls per gallon at one point or I wouldn't have gone that high.I know less is more is a wise unwritten rule for feeding plants and I couldn't agree more with that philosophy with FF grow big or tiger bloom but I know I used PBP pretty liberally in many instances.If you have a PPM pen run a check on 2 per gallon and tell us what you find.Also remind me what the directions call for.I know I used 1 per gallon in most instances but I swear I think only because of the cost using it.Its not inexpensive to use
Good morning Floridian.

I had a look at the bottle and it says up to 25ml/gal mid to late flower. There is a schedule printed on the back that has you increasing the dose over the bloom. The doses are to be given every watering and that's what I've been doing. I had given about 20ml/gal last week and it didn't hurt them so I think I'll go 25ml/gal next feeding. The schedule has you back down the dosage the last couple weeks of ripening so if I start feeding every other watering that will have that effect.

I'll test the ppm of the 25ml/gal of PBP with and without the pH up I'm going to need to get it to mid 6's. I've not heard people talk much of ppm with feeding soil so not sure what to expect or what is appropriate. I think a range for hydro would be 1k-1200 or so late in flower. I'd think soil could take more ppm than coco but that's just me guessing again.

Floridian said:
In the 90's before I started growing,the best homegrown by far was the light green,almost lime colored home grown.I'm sure color has nothing to do with quality but the best skunkiest stuff never had a darker green color

Some of the first great weed I smoked in the 80's was exactly that light green skunky stuff. The light color was so rare back then when we were smoking brick weed around here back then. Nice sour roadkill skunky flavor. And just a hit or two and you were all kinds of high. That is the stuff of great memories for me and one of the reasons I started growing was to try to grow some just like it. Someday.

Thanks for taking time to share some of you experience with me.
Hang in there bud. Better days ahead just keep moving forward and stay positive.

Fiddynut

Sorry guys guys I didn't mean to expose a secret I was influenced by bangi haze and Conan Doyle

Those bushes looks nice I have hso 707 never gets dark green olive at best. And I've cooked it several ways. I wonder is lighter coloring associated with needing less nutes?

I flashed on a slow car radio thief who stuck his head under there and gave up who knows whose car those keys came from.
Rodehazrd
Good morning Rodehazrd.

Glad you are enjoying your haze. I love a good mystery myself and often think about how if someone read all my posts it wouldn't be too hard to figure out who I was. Little bits and pieces add up and eventually paint a clear picture.

I know color is lighter in the leaves of sativas and the LW's mom is about a 50/50 hybrid. The leaves are pretty dark so not sure if this makes sense. I'm sure they are fine and I'm just being overprotective.

Fiddynut

no worries guys :)
im having fun with this too and i think ive dropped a hint or two as to whom this cool cat who gave me the seeds is
now that i have rhodehazard PI on my trail i will have to be more subtle
/or is the cat already out of the bag?!?

thats funny you mentioned fiddys plants and the idea of polenating them
i was kind of kicking the idea around the other day or making some crosses wiht some of the things i have growing
esp the mrGibbs and the dog treats ( i could even use that name for the cross but now im kind of partial to moriarty)
mrGibbs is a super fast finisher with amazing structure
good taste and high too

a friend of mine had a theory that it was some wandering crack head, just checking car doors
the area i live in is pretty nice and its way out of the way
people dont frequent my street unless you live here or on one of the connecting neighborhoods
he said he prob parked a few blocks away and hit a few cars
thats why he dident come back to get the keys

who ever it was it was a sneak thief who was jsut looking for an opportunity to steal something
im just glad he dident break the lock or a window

i ended up tossing the keys into a trash dumpster at work
Good morning pop_rocks.

Cats still in the bag but the more we talk about it the more curious I become. Haha might have to get my detective hat on as well:).

Nooooo pollen please!! Lol.

Have you ever made any crosses? Is there lots of variance in the offspring? It sounds like fun but it will be a while before I can spend a run just making seeds. I suppose you get some hash material with the seeds. Ha I'm still afraid of pollen so I would have to get over that too.

Yes could be a meth addict as well up all night walking around stealing stuff to pay for a habit. It's too bad people have to resort to taking other people's stuff. Have any of your neighbors had their cars violated? Sounds like it's a rare thing where you live so you shouldn't have to worry about them coming back. Good call on tossing the keys.

Fiddynut

Happy 420

Happy 420

Greetings friends.

I would like to wish everyone a happy 420. Today is our Holliday and I plan to enjoy it. I made a big batch of brownies with some butter I made a while back. I'm sharing them with coworkers and spreading the good vibes today. I'll be sneaking out of work early and enjoying some time with the bong. I hope everyone is having a great day. Smoke up and enjoy...Fiddy.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
burnin em up brudda!

happy 4/20 guys!

thats real nice of you fiddy, spreading the cheer like that
i bet you made a few peoples day just a little better

i hvae never set out to create hybrids of my own, but its something i would like to try one day
i hear you dont even need that much room to get started
like a spare closet or a simple space where you can hang a simple light and isolate the pollen from the rest of your girls
for a hobby project you could keep things relatively modest and have good results

im glad you guys are having fun with our little cat and mouse game
im pretty excited to try out the finished bud and cant wait for harvest time
i will be sure to post a few more pics between now and then and will def post up a smoke report
/maybe i will even ask mrsChicky her thoughts, it will be like have a guest smoker report on what ive grown

happy 4/20 guys!

Fiddynut

burnin em up brudda!

happy 4/20 guys!

thats real nice of you fiddy, spreading the cheer like that
i bet you made a few peoples day just a little better

i hvae never set out to create hybrids of my own, but its something i would like to try one day
i hear you dont even need that much room to get started
like a spare closet or a simple space where you can hang a simple light and isolate the pollen from the rest of your girls
for a hobby project you could keep things relatively modest and have good results

im glad you guys are having fun with our little cat and mouse game
im pretty excited to try out the finished bud and cant wait for harvest time
i will be sure to post a few more pics between now and then and will def post up a smoke report
/maybe i will even ask mrsChicky her thoughts, it will be like have a guest smoker report on what ive grown

happy 4/20 guys!
Good afternoon pop_rocks.

It felt great to spread some 420 joy yesterday. I felt like Santa or something. Everyone was very happy this morning with how high they got. One of my coworkers said he melted into his couch and could barley move for hours. I tend to make strong edibles even though my tolerance for them is low.

I defenatly want to make a cross someday. To get to name a strain that I created would be so cool. I'm kicking myself for not getting a cut of LW#1 because she is so frosty and would make a good mom. I've seen a lot of people collect the male pollen by cutting the branch with male flowers on it and put it into a glass of water and let the pollen fall onto a piece of paper to collect it. Someday for sure.

Looking forward to the pics and smoke report on the dog treats for sure. And a guest smoke report as well. Keep up the great work.

I hope your Holliday was good yesterday and your week is ending on a high note.

Fiddynut

Update and pics.

Update and pics.

Greetings friends.

Time for this week's update already. The LW's are at the end of week 7 and I'm starting to see a number of orange pistils on some of the buds. I was curious so I got the scope out and had a look at some of the trichs. I saw something like 50/50 clear/cloudy trichs and was pretty surprised by that. I've been thinking they have a long way to go but now I'm thinking they are further along than I had thought. The buds have some swelling to do but are well on their way.

I'll remain flexible but I'm thinking just a couple more feelings and then just water for the LW's. I'll be feeding the #1-3 tonight and giving them a recommended dose of 25ml/gallon of PBP (I will check ppm's too). The leaves are greener than any of my plants leaves have been at this stage. I will be interested to see if they yellow out when I cut the nutes. Looks like they should finish in plenty of time to free up the space for the GB's that are vegging now.

Here are a few shots of them.

I think they will be fine if they swell as they ripen in the next couple weeks.

The 5 GB's are doing nicely and the 2 that are stunted are still alive and growing some. Not sure if I'm going to be able to do much with the 2 runts but I will keep them going in case I need them or they turn around and take off. The rest are maybe a little stretchy, I had the light a few inches above them and forgot to lower it. I like the t5 to be just an inch or two off the plants. The real question is how many girls am I going to get out of the 5 healthy plants. I want to take 3 lady's into flower and I'd have to get lucky to get 3/5 females. If I on,y get 1 or 2 lady's I'm going to have to veg longer and do a bunch of training. And maybe bigger pots too. I guess time will tell.
Here is a shot of them.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that is totally in teh spirit of 4/20
no kidding when you say you can get pretty high off edibles!
ive been there myself

thanks for the kind words,f'nut
ill see if i can snag some pics later when the lights come back on
its morning here and i just put teh girls to sleep

it would be great to make crosses of your own
LW#1 would have been a good candidate because she was so unique and had some traits you want to continue but others you want to breed away from
depending on what you are working towards, you could even hold a bunch of candidates, each providing different outcomes
i like the structure and fast flower of themrGibbs
one of teh dog treats looks very indica and i cant wait to try her high, the otehr has this really funky smell and looks like she is putting on the sugar
i ahd this strain called free leonard, that has to have been one of the fastest growing and biggest plants ive ever seen
/a mix of the LW#! and free leonard would be fun, LW#1 for the funk free leonard for the size

you are right, a male branch in water should live long enough to drop its pollen
we just might ahev to try this this year guys

so im planning on grilling some chicken thighs today
i want to make some grilled chicken and rice,prob wiht a terriaki sauce
well see what the plan is once mrsChicky gets up

hope you all are having a great start to your weekend!

Latest posts

Latest posts