What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Fiddynut

happy new year everyone! lets make 2020 our year

that sounds like such a great trip to the mountains p'fan
relaxing in a winter wonderland with the family and just being together
this year there was less tv and phone for most of the kids and more just being together
it was like christmas like we used to do it,spending time with the family talking and having fun ; i even had a few mugs hot coco
those are some of my favorite gmaes there too, especially yatzee

thats great that you had sucha great 2019 fiddy
it sounds like you know what im talking about re:the dog parks in my area
i think its good for dogs to be around other dogs and it sounds like ego likes his time at the park
plus its fun to get out of the house and just spend some time outdoors
you really have been going to a lot of show as lately!
thats great that you are getting back into live music
we just hung around the house on nye this year
me and the mrs had some friends over and we just had pizza and hung out
we did watcha movie on nye, zombieland 2: double tap, it was all right and mrsChick and i stayed up way past our bed time
this has been a weirs week so im still prety much in holiday mode
i hope you had a kick ass fisrt day of 2020, lets get this decade started off right!

Good afternoon pop_rocks.
So your dog parks are like the one I'm thinking of? Even the smaller ones allow them to socialize and that can be a good thing for them. It's so much fun to watch a pack of dogs wrestling and playing with one another. And your right that getting the dog and owner out of the house is a good thing.
I really enjoyed a lot of good live music last year and it will be hard to follow that up in 2020 but I'm going to try. Even a lot of the free bar bands that I saw were a lot of fun. We are 3 days into the new year and I'm getting the itch to see some music this weekend.
It sounds like you and your Mrs had a nice quiet NYE. Sometimes a coup,e friends and some pizza is just what the doctor ordered. Did you like zombieland 2? I don't think I saw the first one but Woody Harrelson is a great actor.
You are so right about this being a wierd week. In fact the last two have been so discombobulated due to the holidays all the days feel wierd to me.
Who are you rooting for in the first round of the playoffs this weekend?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening fiddy
hope your first week of the new year was a good one
this years playoff picture looks like fun with a bunch of new tams in the mix
buffalo will have their hand full with the texans and we have the red hot titans playing new england tonight
/i love the saturday night games during the playoffs
the bills have a pretty good defense but i think the texans are going to come out to play and if watson has a hot hand they can put up some points
tennesee is on a tear but its hard to pick against the patriots in the playoffs
tonight we are getting chineese food so we can spend the afternoon just enjoying the football
tomorrow we have two great games with the saints playing minni in the early and then the seahawks against the eagles
i think both the saints and eagles are both elite teams and im going with them to win
zombieland 2 was all right; if you saw the first one its pretty much just more of the same
but it was a fun movie to watch and the kind of thing that goes good with company
/some movies need you to pay attention to or you get lost pretty quickly
do you have any plans for the weekend?
i hear you about being kind of off this past week but i guess the holidays are just about over and its time to dive into 2020
have a great day my man!

Fiddynut

I have had a great 2020 so far. Over the weekend I went to see Earthmother, a band that I've been trying to get to for a while now. I've had planned to see them a few times but something always came up and plans changed. They are a 3 man band but play like a 4 or 5 piece band. They do covers and have a bunch of original music as well. The band was great but the venue wasn't very cool, placked with tables and nowhere to dance. I met a couple of heads and I'm looking forward to seeing the band at another venue soon. I also spent about an hour and a half with Eggo at the dog park and he loved it. He ran and played and had a grand old time. I got some nice fresh air at the park and even found time to play a game of disc golf too. The weather was mild and it wasn't too muddy so it was nice to be outside for a while, which isn't something that is always an option here this time of year.
I didn't get to see any of Saturday's games but I did catch the last quarter (and overtime) of the Vikings game and some of the Seattle game too. As a packer fan I was hoping for the Vikings to win the first game and I would have rather that the eagles won the second game because the packers always seem to have trouble with the Seahawks. I don't think the packers are that good this year but are now close enough that they could get lucky. I don't pay a lot of attention to the AFC games but always love seeing New England loose.
I'm glad you had a good weekend and let's get this week over with and back to some playoff football next weekend!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
you are speaking myt language brother! loves me those playoff saturday games
it was a wild week of football and im really enjoying how the post season is shaping up
its extra fun to see some fresh teams in the mix
you are right about the packers not playing at their best, but a.rogers is top tier and i would lean towards them this weekend unless the minni run games is on track
im all about the ravens and l.jax and cant wait to see them play
so we made another batch of your caramels!
i ahve pics i will post up soon but let me tell you brother, these things are amazing
the mrs shared them with some of her friends and we now have quite the side hustle!
i think our thermometer is off but we are learning to work with it
this time we pulled them a little early,( about 10' cooler and they came out a lot softer) and they came out about like a sugar daddy candy stick
/rember those?!?
thats rad that you got to check out a cool band youve been wanting to see;i will have to check out earth mother on youtube
i know what you mean about them squeezing a lot of music out of a small group of musicians
sounds like they really bring it
hope you are having a great first real week of the year and it only gets better from here!
thats so cool that you guys are having a mild winter and i hope you an ego enjoy a lot more dog park time as long as its nice!
keep kicking ass my man and i hope your week just keeps getting better from here!

Fiddynut

you are speaking myt language brother! loves me those playoff saturday games
it was a wild week of football and im really enjoying how the post season is shaping up
its extra fun to see some fresh teams in the mix
you are right about the packers not playing at their best, but a.rogers is top tier and i would lean towards them this weekend unless the minni run games is on track
im all about the ravens and l.jax and cant wait to see them play
so we made another batch of your caramels!
i ahve pics i will post up soon but let me tell you brother, these things are amazing
the mrs shared them with some of her friends and we now have quite the side hustle!
i think our thermometer is off but we are learning to work with it
this time we pulled them a little early,( about 10' cooler and they came out a lot softer) and they came out about like a sugar daddy candy stick
/rember those?!?
thats rad that you got to check out a cool band youve been wanting to see;i will have to check out earth mother on youtube
i know what you mean about them squeezing a lot of music out of a small group of musicians
sounds like they really bring it
hope you are having a great first real week of the year and it only gets better from here!
thats so cool that you guys are having a mild winter and i hope you an ego enjoy a lot more dog park time as long as its nice!
keep kicking ass my man and i hope your week just keeps getting better from here!

I'm going to make an effort to watch all of the games this weekend. It looks like we are going to get a bunch of snow between Friday night and Sunday here so what better way to pass the time by watching the games. Besides I need to get a good look at the AFC teams just in case the pack wins two more and gets to the big one.
The packers have been especially strange to watch this year. They have not had a dominating win that I can remember and it seems like most of the games they did win could have gone either way. That last game against Detroit they never had the lead the whole game untill that field goal as time expired. The pack have made bad teams look competitive a number of times. But in the end wins are wins and I'd rather be lucky than good. Now this game against Seattle is going to be interesting. The Seahawks and packers have had some great playoff battles and Russell Wilson has come out on top for most of them if memory serves me. Maybe it's Rogers turn this year.
I'm stoked that you are loving those caramels and sharing the love with others. I suppose that practice makes perfect and candy making has to be tricky because you don't hear about a lot of people doing it. I do remember those sugar daddy candy sticks. I don't eat a lot of sweet stuff these days but when I was a kid I just couldn't get enough. Keep up the good work brother!
I was amazed at how "full" the music was out of Earthmother. How 3 guys can make music sound like it came from a band with twice as many members is beyond me. I kept thinking that they had another guy with a guitar hiding behind the stage or something. They do have some YouTube vids so get a listen if you have time.
Eggo sure does love the dog park. It looks we are going to get as much as a foot of snow here in the next couple days but that should be just fine. In my experience dogs love running in the snow and playing. You just have to watch them and not let their feet get too cold or packed with snow and ice.
Let's finish this week off and get to some football brother!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
the pack' got a new coach this year if im not mistaken and i think there were some wrinkles that needed to be ironed out
but they are a good team and i tihnk gb v min will be a great game
the afc has the red hot b'more ravens as well as the kc chiefs led by ma'hommie, pat mahomes
/both a super talented qb who is fun to watch
both teams also have top notch coaches; im a big fan of andy reid
its going to be a lot of fun and saturday will have the night games as well
that is so cool you and ego are enjoying the dog park and i tihnk dogs are very adaptable to the cold
we are definitely learning a lot about candy making and having a lot of fun doing it
even out mistakes are dank but its all about those caramels!
im all about ending my week on a good note and enjoying a fun football filled weekend!
hope you had a great day and are all set for the weekend my man!

Rodehazrd

Hey there Jungle Tribe,
I hope this finds all well. I'm in on the couch for the games this week too. Not much of a fan till playoffs come around but this year I have watched the Ravens. I saw Lamar play in the ACC a few times and he made the college players look like Highscoolers. He gets a lot more resistance now but still shines. If he stays healthy he will break records for a long time.
Its day 24 in the flower room and I think the red led's are really helping. It may be spectrum or just the addition of more light but flowering is progressing faster than before.
Another change for me is the removal of the fan leaves in week two. I'm getting way better buds further down the stem. Thanks to @Packerfan for convincing me to do that.
My IPM routine now includes silica in the neem oil. I put a 1/4 t of silica blast in 1 t of neem and mix it well before adding to the warm water and adding a few pumps of Dr Bronners Lavender soap. I think it makes my stems stronger, I hope they need to be.
There's a break in the rain and if it holds till daylight I intend to work on my mound out the ridge. Adding more soil and then I cut the bottom out of a 65 gal fabric pot to go on top of the mound. I'm filling it with my used media from the sip tubs. I hope to grow a tree this summer. I can dream anyway sitting here with a table full of seed catalogs.
:tiphat:

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
It's Friday and I hope all is well.
Just a few more hours of work this week and then it's time for some football!
I'm also looking forward to this big snowstorm that we are supposed to get over the next 48 hours. I don't care for very cold temps but I do enjoy some snow and it's usually pretty mild when we are getting a bunch of snow. My snowblower is fueled and ready for service. Bring it!

@pop_rocks.
I guess the packers must be a decent team to get a #2 seed and 13 wins but they just haven't looked convincing to me. Your right about the coaching change and that might be why. Everyone that I know is happy with the new coach. I was outspoken about how boring and predictable the coaching had been under McCarthy and I'm glad the change was made.
I have seen Baltimore play a couple times this year and couldn't believe how dominant they looked. They seem to have it all, solid lines on both sides of the ball and a duel threat QB. They are my pick to win it all this year.
Let's get ready for some football brother!

@Rodehazrd.
I'm with you on that kid Lamar! He is smart and an excellent athlete.
That is cool that the far red light seems to be helping speed flowering time. I hope it helps trichome production as well, as I've read that it might.
Stripping fans is something that I've been curious about. I have read the defoliation thread a bit and it seems like it's very controversial. What I gather after all the reading is that it is good for some strains and not very good for others. If I remember correctly it's the stretchier strains that seem to do best with this method. I'm glad it's working for you and we could all use better buds all the way down the stem.
I use to feed silica but I think it made my routine have too much K (I think it's K, or its P) and caused lockout of other nutes. I could never find a balance and my plants would go down hill after a few applications. I never tried using as a folar though. Glad it's working for you!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening fellas!
its finally the weekend
sounds like we are all on the same page re: l.jaxson; he is an amazing athlete who is having the year of this life
he was a great player last season but kind of one dimensionaly
/chargers shut him down with thier quarter defense
but he learned from his shortcomings and became a much better qb
like you said fiddy, he is now a dual threrat qb who can beat you with his arm as well as his run game
thats great that you are enjoying solid results from a change in spectrum; i haetr the warmer end mimics the changes in the netural light the plat would receive in the fall so i can se how it would trigger them to start flowering faster
you are on the right track take care of your ground now rhode so things will be all set when you plant
that sounds like a noble endeavor brother and i hope you touch the sky
/be sure to allow for ample support and you might want to think about what kind of structure you will need when she is fully grown
cant wait for the games to being and hope you are all having a great weekend!

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
It's Saturday and my work week is almost over. I'm ready for football and some good food. I'm having some nice steaks for dinner tonight and for the packers game tomorrow I'm going to fire up the smoker and make moink balls. Moink balls are beef meatballs seasoned with BBQ rub and wrapped with bacon, then hot smoked at 350 and sauced.
So this huge snowstorm that they have been warning us about here for the last few days has been mostly rain so far and now it's dropped below freezing and the ice is starting to build up. A lot of people couldn't get to work this morning because their car doors were frozen shut. I'm glad I have a garage to keep my ride in. I guess it might change over to snow later and maybe we will get a few inches but nothing like the foot plus they had been predicting. I'm still going to stay home and watch football tonight and tomorrow.

@pop_rocks.
You are right about Lamar Jackson being a duel threat. Didn't he break Michael Vicks rushing record a few weeks back? He looks like the real deal to me.
The Chargers didn't get much respect this year but they made Green Bay look pretty bad this year. Melvin Gordon played his collage ball here in Wisconsin and he was so much fun to watch...dude is a beast!
Enjoy the games brother!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i was a big fan of melvin gordon when he was drafted out of wisco by the bolts in the first round
he came up a little short in some peoples eyes as a rookie and just missed finishing off the year with 1000yds
but you could see he had a lot of the thigns you look for in a quality running back; fast, good feet and he seemed to finish most of his runs moving foreward and he has had a pretty good career in the nfl when he isnt injured
he tried holding out for more money recently and the chargers dident make an offer so we might see him playing somewhere else
yeah, l.jax did break vicks record this season and i dont tihnk we should let the playoff loss take away from what he did this season
/the ravens lost their first playoff game last year too (v.the chargers)
he was still the mvp of the year in my eyes even thoe his team came up short this weekend and i think he still has room to grow
p'fan should be happy with the games and i think the 9ers v gb is going to be a great game
moink balls sound really good man!
the bacon would crisp up on the outside but the centers would be all soft and full of flavor
the sauce just brings it all home
so how do you like to serve them? maybe some pasta or a nice starch on the side?
what do you use to season them up on the inside?
sounds like a great treat for a fun day of football and i hope you had a great weekend brother!

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey Jungle mates,

Hell yeah I am happy. 49ers are going to be a tough one. I can't believe what happened to the ravens. The chiefs game was a trip. I figured it was over and took a nap, only to wake up to a whole different game.

Hope everyone is doing well
Packerfan79

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
"The chiefs game was a trip..."
you got that right brother! this has been one heck of a post season and the action is only getting better!
/9ers have a ton of momentum and have been playing like this is their year, but a.rogers is one of the best qb in the game
hope you and the fam are starting your new year off on the right foot

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
I hope everyone had a great weekend and your week is off to a good start. My weekend was uneventful and the huge snowstorm that was predicted never materialized. In the end we only got some freezing rain and an inch or so of snow. They are already hyping another storm for this comming weekend so we will see about this one.
For the first time in a long time I watched all the football games played last weekend. There were some real surprises and upsets but all the games, except maybe min/SF were entertaining.

@pop_rocks.
For sure Gordon was a beast in collage and it was fun to watch teams try and stop him. Wisco always has a great O line and we seem to get some great running backs here. It's too bad that he has had some injuries and hasn't had as good of a carrier in the NFL as most would have thought. He runs north south and isn't afrade to run someone over.
I guess we (and everyone else) jinxed Lamar Jackson by talking about how dominant he was. Everyone had them winning that game and it must have had an effect on the team. They looked rusty after the bye week and just couldn't get it going. It was a bad time to have a bad game but that's the playoffs. LJ didn't have a good game but neither did his team and I'm with you that he is an mvp candidate.
The packers have a huge chalange ahead of them on Sunday. The niners beat the shit out of them a couple months ago and that must be in the packers players heads. I would imagine that the packers would have walked away from that game thinking that they weren't even in the same league as the 49ers. But it's one game and at this point anything can happen.
Getting the temps in the pit hot is key to getting the bacon to crisp up without overlooking the beef so that it stays nice and juicy in the center. Your right that the sauce really finishes off the flavor. This time I served them with a cheese casserole made with smoked cheese and bacon. The creamy, cheesy pasta is great with the tangy, smoky meatballs. I season mine with a brisket rub that has salt, pepper, chilies, garlic and a little celery flavor. I don't use this on my brisket but it sure is good in the balls and meatloaf as well.
I hope you had a great weekend too and let's get this week over and back to some football brother!

@Packerfan.
I think the best hope for the Packers is if the 9ers look past this week's game and choke. I want to hear all the analysts picking SF all week long and maybe it will get into their heads a little.
Your right about that chiefs game! I thought it was about over halfway through the first quarter. To see the Chiefs come back and win with such dominance was a trip. I wouldn't want to play either Tennessee or the Chiefs in the super bowl!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
sf is on a roll and they are playing their best football when it counts
i would be more worried about the kc chiefs up against the titans defense and a seriously mean ground game;cashville tennikey has been red hot and the titans have played giant killers this whole postseason
its so cool we are seeing some new teams in the playoffs and thats one of thing im really enjoying about this years post season
wait what?!?
you served the moink balls with a cheesy and baconey baked dish?!?
oh man! im all about the casseroles right about now
thats the way to make it rain brother
hope you are having a kick ass week as well and its just getting better from here!

Fiddynut

sf is on a roll and they are playing their best football when it counts
i would be more worried about the kc chiefs up against the titans defense and a seriously mean ground game;cashville tennikey has been red hot and the titans have played giant killers this whole postseason
its so cool we are seeing some new teams in the playoffs and thats one of thing im really enjoying about this years post season
wait what?!?
you served the moink balls with a cheesy and baconey baked dish?!?
oh man! im all about the casseroles right about now
thats the way to make it rain brother
hope you are having a kick ass week as well and its just getting better from here!
I'm hoping that Green Bay shows up and makes a game of it whichever way it goes. The Texas KC game is looking to be a great match up too and it's anyone's guess who will come out on top. I just hope we get a couple of good games to watch! Your so right about it being nice to see some diffrent teams in the playoffs this year.
Haha, yep I love me some smoky BBQ with a cheesy side dish. The bacon and smoked cheese help bring it together and pair well with the balls. It's not low carb or calorie but it's just so damn good! And on a cold day a nice casserole helps warm you up and make you feel good.
ive been busy in the jungle the last few weeks and I need to get an update done this week.
It's hump day already and I can't wait for the weekend!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i cant wait for the weekend too brother!
its been a great week but i am really excited about the football on sunday, not to mention all the good food and day drinking
how do you make the cheese sauce for your casserole?
im hoping we get to see two great games this sunday
i know what you mean about being busy and i cant wait to hear about hwo things have been growing in the jungle
ive been meaning to post up some pics of the candies we have been making so i need to get myself in gear too
but right now im all about finishing this week off strong and getting to the weekend
hope you are having a great week and it just gets better from here!

Fiddynut

i cant wait for the weekend too brother!
its been a great week but i am really excited about the football on sunday, not to mention all the good food and day drinking
how do you make the cheese sauce for your casserole?
im hoping we get to see two great games this sunday
i know what you mean about being busy and i cant wait to hear about hwo things have been growing in the jungle
ive been meaning to post up some pics of the candies we have been making so i need to get myself in gear too
but right now im all about finishing this week off strong and getting to the weekend
hope you are having a great week and it just gets better from here!

I'm glad that your week is going well and, if it's anything like the way my week is going, it's flying by. We just have to hang in there for a couple more days brother!
So for my cheese casserole I make a bechamel sauce to use as a binder. I cook the pasta and stir in the bechamel, minced onion, bacon or ham if using, and then I stir in cubed up sharp cheddar cheese and then into a dish and into the oven with a little shredded cheese on top. I like the zip that a little onion adds and I like the pockets of cheesy goodness from the cubes of cheese. If I'm making mac and cheese I stir shredded cheese into the bechamel sauce to make a creamy cheese sauce and then onto the cooked macaroni.
All my work in the jungle is going to pay off I hope. I've got the gorilla bubble finishing in the next couple weeks in the flower tent. I've got cobra lips clones vegging for the run after that. And the blue dot X Irene seeds I popped a few weeks ago are sexed and I just topped them down to 12" and will pot them up and get ready to get cuts of them. I ended up with 3 ladys out of the 6 seeds. It will be nice to get some new flavors going and I hope to find some fire. I will try to get some pics tomorrow morning at lights off and post up a report.
I would love to see some pics of the candy y'all are making!
Sunday can't get here fast enough!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i hear you about being ready for the weekend and i cant wait for the games
plus saturday we are getting some good chineese take out so itson for this weekend
i like the idea of using cubes in your cheesy casserole so that the cheese flavor is there but it isnt the only thing you taste
that sounds so good and i might have to make one this weekend
i will be sure to post up some pics of the candy soon, they are on my phone so i will download them to the computer, prob this saturday morning
sounds like you have a good roster of flavors going and i hope you find some fire in those new plants
its always fun to try some new stuff but its nice to have the old favorites on hand too
lets finish this week off strong and get to the fun brother!!

Fiddynut

The wait is just about over brother. Just a couple days and we will see who gets in!
Good Chinese take out sounds great. Around here "good" Chinese food is hard to find. Just about everywhere has the same crap that tastes like they all get it in the freezer isle at the grocery store and microwave it. Something I really miss from my time in Oakland is the great Asian food of all kinds. There were so many good choices all close to home and so tasty.
I usually like to make the cheese casserole too but sometimes I'm in the mood for old fashioned Mac n cheese and make the traditional style. Make the cheese casserole on a cold day and it will warm you from the inside.
New plants are fun and I love to get new flavors but it's kind of risky too. If I grow out something that I know I am just about guaranteed a good harvest and no surprises. With new plants it's always a gamble on quality and yeild. It's well worth doing but I think I'm going to have some extra GB clones ready in case something goes wrong and I can switch up.
I hope your week is ending on a high note and let's get the weekend started brother!