What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Fiddynut

The hushpuppy is indeed a fried cornbread ball. You make it a little sweet for cornbread and scoop it into the hot grease with an small ice creme scoop. Dare not make one bigger than a golf ball as it ruins the crispy to bread ratio and won't get done properly in the middle if you make big ones.
I got this story from a tour guide in Charleston
When the help brought the food from the outdoor kitchen to the big house, to insure they didn't eat any of massa's food they were required to whistle all the way. This brought a barking event from the hungry hound dogs around. So the cook would make little cornbread bits to be thrown to the dogs to keep them hushed while the servants came in with the food. Of course all of them didn't make it to the dogs and the hushpuppy was born.:smoke:
Good afternoon Rodehazrd.
The hushpuppy is rarely seen or heard of in these parts but I remember having them when I was a kid, I think at a fast food place called long john silvers. They sound really good I love crispy fried stuff and cornbread. I will make some soon.
That story you got from the tour guide sounds like it could be true. It's sad that people treated each other (and continue to do so) with such distrust. I bet they work at keeping the dogs at bay.

Fiddynut

brilliant idea about adding a little more ketchup to make a good slaw sauce!
im going to try that here soon brother
can you get us going on a good red slaw recipe?
yeah fiddy hushpuppies are like fried bread nuggets
the ones we used to make had corn in them too but i am sure there are a few recpies
/ive had them both savory and sweet style
hopefully rhode' will drop some more knowledge when he gets a chance
we have had a wet and cold winter here in socal too fiddy
it seems like its been raining on and off for the past couple months,which is a lot for us
the storms haven been that strong this year,
but they have been consistent which is actually good
/too much rain at once cause a lot of flooding and runoff issues
taking the bike back to the shop you got it from is a great idea
let them tune things up and give her a once over, plus its helps get you established as a regular customer
/good shops offer great service to everyone, but they really take care of their regulars
oh, be sure to bring the bike in clean(this is important) , at least give it a good wipe down and knock off all the mud if any
just go in and share the stoke with the wrenches and im sure they will take good care of you
we dont really have any special st patty day plans for this year
my mom has family friends coming in for the weekend so we might be spending sunday with them
/its still not too late to get a corned beef now that you mention it
other than that i was thinking of grilling up a steak or something like that and of course you know pops gone drank'
how about you man? got any plans
if nothing else its a great excuse for some day drinking
Good afternoon pop_rocks.
I could defenatly see putting some corn kernels into the mix. Speaking of savory and sweet I was suprised that the corn bread I had down south was as sweet as it was. I had always heard that southern corn bread have very Little or no sugar.
It's interisting that you mention the rain you've been having, I just saw somewhere that something like 99.9% of California is drought free for the first time in forever I think. We seem to be getting a little less rain than predicted but the water is puddling up everywhere. We usually don't have a lot of snow melt off like we are having now. With temps in the upper 50's today the frost should be comming out of the ground fairly quick and then the water can drain.
The place I got the bike is really good about taking care of their customers. They do free minor adjustments and such for the first two years after you get a bike from them. And if I need anything else that can recommend it. I might have them do the tubeless conversation but am still undecided. You are right that bringing in a clean bike is showing respect to the mechanics, when someone brings me a dirty uncared for motorbike to work on I'm defenatly not going to go the extra mile for them when I'm servicing it.
I don't have any specific plans for the weekend either but like you said, it's a great excuse to eat, drink, and be merry.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
you know what i mean about bringing in a clean bike brother
plus, it frees up your time to look around and get things worked on, not knocking off mud and dirt
ive brought in a dirty bike before, fresh off the trail but i will ask for a rag to give it a quick wipe down and say sorry for it being so dirty
in some ways a dusty beat up bike shows you ride and love your bike, but there is no excuse for bringing in a bike crusted in grime
this has beena good rainy season but you know they are still going to screw with us as far as the water goes
plus socal is a desert
ive thgouth about going tubeless myself but decided it wasnt worth the trouble
a friend did his mimself and said as long as you have an air compressor its not that hard to do
just fill your tire with this gunk (stans) and then quick set the tire just like you would on a car
i am ready for the weekend and hope you are having a great week brother
it felt like spring outside today, temps in the 70 all day
plus we are having a butterfly migration and there are tons of them all over san diego right now
spring is right around the corner my man!
any thoguhts on outdoors this year?

Fiddynut

you know what i mean about bringing in a clean bike brother
plus, it frees up your time to look around and get things worked on, not knocking off mud and dirt
ive brought in a dirty bike before, fresh off the trail but i will ask for a rag to give it a quick wipe down and say sorry for it being so dirty
in some ways a dusty beat up bike shows you ride and love your bike, but there is no excuse for bringing in a bike crusted in grime
this has beena good rainy season but you know they are still going to screw with us as far as the water goes
plus socal is a desert
ive thgouth about going tubeless myself but decided it wasnt worth the trouble
a friend did his mimself and said as long as you have an air compressor its not that hard to do
just fill your tire with this gunk (stans) and then quick set the tire just like you would on a car
i am ready for the weekend and hope you are having a great week brother
it felt like spring outside today, temps in the 70 all day
plus we are having a butterfly migration and there are tons of them all over san diego right now
spring is right around the corner my man!
any thoguhts on outdoors this year?

I've had customers bring in bikes and 4 wheelers that were so dirty I have had to tell them that I couldn't work on them unless they washed them or paid us to do so. Some people get it but others complain and expect a wash to be part of whatever service your supposed to be doing. I've even had people get so mad and refuse to wash or pay, in that case I've sent some home without doing the work or in others I've watched the dirt fall into their motors while I changed parts. Even if dirt dosent get into stuff it sucks to have to sweep up your work area after working on something. A little dirt is expected but covered in mud where you can't even see the color of the paint is just disrespectful and shows ignorance. I'm sure the bike wrenches appreciate that you bring your ride in clean.
I've heard conflicting things about tubeless. My buddy that races loves them but I've heard horror stories too. I had to put tubes in front and rear last year and I didn't have the right sizes so I'll either put the right tubes in this year or go for tubeless. I don't care about the weight just want them to be reliable.
It felt like spring here yesterday, it was almost 60 degrees and we finally felt some humidity in the air. I'm glad your getting good weather and the butterfly migration sounds cool, I've never seen anything like that. I don't think I'll be doing any outdoor this year. I haven't had any good results and with my aunt selling her house I don't have a spot anymore.
I hope your finishing off your week on a high note brother and looking forward to a nice weekend!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
the weekend has begun! and you know im starting it off on a high note
i knew you would get it when i said being in a clean bike
plus, im not taking my bike to a shop for them to clean it
the way i see it is they only have so much time to wrench on it and if they have to spend 5min cleaning it off thats 5min less they could be doing something
if nothing else they can see whats going on and spend more time doing what they do best
yeah im on the fence about going tuneless too
a couple years ago i was all set but just never did it and now i dont feel like its worth the effort
even if you do run tubeless, i think it would be a good idea to packa spare tube
oh, did you ever get one of those c02 tire pumps? they use c02 cartridge just like an air pistol but inflate your tire in an instant
the one i got even has a lock on the trigger you pull to dispense the air so you could in theory reuse it
hope you have a great weekend too my man! and you get to enjoy some of that nice weather!

Fiddynut

the weekend has begun! and you know im starting it off on a high note
i knew you would get it when i said being in a clean bike
plus, im not taking my bike to a shop for them to clean it
the way i see it is they only have so much time to wrench on it and if they have to spend 5min cleaning it off thats 5min less they could be doing something
if nothing else they can see whats going on and spend more time doing what they do best
yeah im on the fence about going tuneless too
a couple years ago i was all set but just never did it and now i dont feel like its worth the effort
even if you do run tubeless, i think it would be a good idea to packa spare tube
oh, did you ever get one of those c02 tire pumps? they use c02 cartridge just like an air pistol but inflate your tire in an instant
the one i got even has a lock on the trigger you pull to dispense the air so you could in theory reuse it
hope you have a great weekend too my man! and you get to enjoy some of that nice weather!

I hope you had a great weekend brother! I went out for some live music on Saturday night and all day on Sunday. Saturday night we went down to the south side of Milwaukee where all the great Mexican restaurants are and had a great meal the saw a fun band called sweet delta dawn. They do a mix of their own tunes and pink Floyd/grateful dead/phish/ect covers. Sunday started early at a local bar. With green beer and vodka, then to the east side of Milwaukee (where the old hippies are concentrated) and saw "thee grateful dub band". They do dead songs with a dubby, reggae twist and are a blast to see and dance to. We had a great time and can't wait to see them again. What I didn't get was any corned beef and cabbage so I'm cooking one today for the wife and I to eat for dinner.
I wiped my bike down today and took it in for service. We had a quick look over and I have already stretched my chain and worn out a set of brake pads. Not bad for only one short season, looks like I'll be going through a chain and set of pads every year, but that tells me that I'm riding her right. After talking to the mechanic that is going to be working on it I decided to go tubeless this too. I will be able to run the low pressure that I like and won't have to worry about pinch flats anymore. He said that my oversized tires work really good without tubes because they are bigger. My rims are already taped off and ready for the conversation so it's just a matter of pulling the tubes and putting the tubeless stems in and adding the slime sealer. When I pick it up it will be better than it was when it was new.
I'm defenatly going to carry a spare tube and tire tools with me on the trail. I have seen those co2 inflators and they sure are nice. I've used them on motorcycle tires but not on bicycles. I carry a small pump in my camelback but it would be nice to have an inflator in there as well.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
definitely pick one of thse c02 inflators up if you are going to run tubeless
they arent that expensive, i think i paid like $20 or so for the device and a single cartridge online
the ones that come with it are like the 20g ones but i just buy the cheaper 16g c02 carts ( like you would use for an air gun)
like you said tho, brake pads and a new chain sounds like general upkeep on a bike to me
shows youve been riding! way to go fiddy
did you ever get an odometer for the bike when you first bought it?
how many miles do you think you have on your ride?
hope your week is off to a great start my man!
its been in the 0's here and yesterday we went to a friends of mrsChickys and it was 80'!
felt almost like summer and i am so looking ahead to this year
we have been having a wet winter and its been fun; you know how i love my rain walks
but im ready for shorts and flip flops

Fiddynut

definitely pick one of thse c02 inflators up if you are going to run tubeless
they arent that expensive, i think i paid like $20 or so for the device and a single cartridge online
the ones that come with it are like the 20g ones but i just buy the cheaper 16g c02 carts ( like you would use for an air gun)
like you said tho, brake pads and a new chain sounds like general upkeep on a bike to me
shows youve been riding! way to go fiddy
did you ever get an odometer for the bike when you first bought it?
how many miles do you think you have on your ride?
hope your week is off to a great start my man!
its been in the 0's here and yesterday we went to a friends of mrsChickys and it was 80'!
felt almost like summer and i am so looking ahead to this year
we have been having a wet winter and its been fun; you know how i love my rain walks
but im ready for shorts and flip flops

I will grab an inflator for sure brother. Between that and having the pump and a tube there should be no way to get stranded out there. I'd think that the smaller cartridge should be fine because they are under such high pressure.
I was suprised that the chain was stretched so much but like you said that means I've been riding her a good bit. My guess is that I've got less than a thousand miles on her, possibly just over 500 or so. I am going to get a bike computer with gps this year so I can keep better track of my riding. I tried using an app on my phone last year but it wasn't good about picking up my rout or keeping good track of my rides.
It sounds like you are seeing nice weather already. We are seeing pretty seasonal temps with 40's and 50's during the day and upper 20's and 30's at night. Looks like it's going to,stay dry for us for a few days which should help the cause of thawing and drying the ground. I'm ready for shorts and flip flops too brother.

Fiddynut

Update and pics.

Update and pics.

Greetings friends.
It's been forever since I did a jungle updates so here goes.

The LBL crosses in flower are doing well. They arnt stretching as much as most of the plants I've grown before and hight will not be an issue this grow. The stems are really thick and strong on these girls. The soil mix and smaller pots seem to be just fine for now.
I lollipoped about half way up the main stalk last week and they seem to be ok with that. It's the farthest I've ever trimmed up the bottom of my plants so far. Here is a couple pics of them.

Next flower cycle will be run #2 of the gorilla bubble. I've got the first round of clones rooted and just in soil a couple days ago. I've got a second round of cuts in the cloner. Whichever are ready when the flower tent has space for them will be the ones I run. I'll be keeping a mom of her around for possable future runs.

I also got seeds popped for a couple runs from now. I soaked 6 cobra lips seeds for 24 hours then put them in straight happy frog soil in little 4" pots. I will be growing clones of these plants once sexed. 6/6 came up so we are off to a good start with these seeds.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
wow man, i dont know if you meant for that last pic to be so cool, or ive just been smoking way too much hash but the seedling pic is super trippy
/the reflection off your liner is way cool man!
the c02 inflator also inflates the tire really fast so it sets the bead on a tubeless tire
i hear they have traditional hand pumps that you can pump up and store the energy to create pressure and then release it all at ocne to set the bead but i hear its really hard to inflate a tubeless tire with a traditional hand pump
/ another good reason to carry a spare tube just in case
what type chain are you running?
i like to use kmt chains but there are other good ones too but less than 1000m seems kind of fast
what kind of bike computer are you thinking of getting?
im a big fan of the old school odometers and get one for all of my bikes
have you tried any of the phone apps that track your rides
the mrs has the strava and its kind of neat but you can also get a nice garmon or one of the higher end odometers and they all do the same things
hope you are having a great week brother!

Fiddynut

wow man, i dont know if you meant for that last pic to be so cool, or ive just been smoking way too much hash but the seedling pic is super trippy
/the reflection off your liner is way cool man!
the c02 inflator also inflates the tire really fast so it sets the bead on a tubeless tire
i hear they have traditional hand pumps that you can pump up and store the energy to create pressure and then release it all at ocne to set the bead but i hear its really hard to inflate a tubeless tire with a traditional hand pump
/ another good reason to carry a spare tube just in case
what type chain are you running?
i like to use kmt chains but there are other good ones too but less than 1000m seems kind of fast
what kind of bike computer are you thinking of getting?
im a big fan of the old school odometers and get one for all of my bikes
have you tried any of the phone apps that track your rides
the mrs has the strava and its kind of neat but you can also get a nice garmon or one of the higher end odometers and they all do the same things
hope you are having a great week brother!

Haha it's just coincidence but the mylar does make for a trippy back drop. That's my super ghetto under the basement steps overflow veg area. It's not pretty and dosent even have a door or anything but the plants don't seem to mind.
For sure you need a good volume of air to bead up a tubeless tire. I have a feeling that if I get a flat on the trail the tire will be so damaged that I'll have to run a tube. But if the pressure drops and it just comes off the bead then a good fast blast of air should reseat it. The pumps that hold air and release it all at once sound cool too. For really hard to bead up motorbike tires I've had to resort to the old ether and lighter trick but that would probably be overkill for bike tires. Like you said, having a tube with me is probably the best insurance.
I think the bike came with a fairly cheap chain and I'm replacing it with a good shimano chain. If bikes are anything like motorcycles the factory puts the cheapest components on to keep the price down. I'm hoping to get more use out of the new chain. I'm also going to clean the chain more and switch to a dry lube which should help to increase life.
I'm thinking I'll get a good garmin bike GPS computer. We are now a garmin dealer where I work so I can get for cost. They seem to make a good product too. I don't need all the bells and whistles, just some logging of the basic distance, speed, elevation and rout. I had used strava on my phone but it didn't do a good job of tracking my rides. With a garmin GPS I can upload it to strava and get a more accurate picture of my rides. There are a lot of bike computers on the market so I have to do a little research to see which one meets my needs.
I hope your week is going well too brother.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
its wed brother and the weekend is in sight!
you are right about the manufacture using cheaper parts to keep costs low and im sure you will get a few more miles out of your new chain
good idea not going cheap and getting a shimano
i use a dry lube too called finish line and it works realy good
good lubrication but dosent cake up too much
a friend of mine uses a parafin wax bath to lube his chains and swears by the stuff, but thats just way too much hassle for me
a quick squirt from the bottle at the trail head, a quick wipe down and you are good to go with the dry lube
i spent some time researching biking computers and was going to get a garmon too
in the end i just went with an old fashioned wheel odometer for accuracy
im giving up a bunch of fun and useful data for accuracy but i felt thats what i wanted most
the mrs uses the strava so we get the elevation data plus a map of our route so its kind of best of both worlds
so do you have any plans for the weeeknd brother?
the mrs is heading out of town so im goign to be riding solo
i got this toscino seasoning and im thinking about making a bunh of pork ribs and maybe some chicken
maybe i will get a quick ride or two in as well
keep kicking ass friend and i hope you have a great night!

Fiddynut

its wed brother and the weekend is in sight!
you are right about the manufacture using cheaper parts to keep costs low and im sure you will get a few more miles out of your new chain
good idea not going cheap and getting a shimano
i use a dry lube too called finish line and it works realy good
good lubrication but dosent cake up too much
a friend of mine uses a parafin wax bath to lube his chains and swears by the stuff, but thats just way too much hassle for me
a quick squirt from the bottle at the trail head, a quick wipe down and you are good to go with the dry lube
i spent some time researching biking computers and was going to get a garmon too
in the end i just went with an old fashioned wheel odometer for accuracy
im giving up a bunch of fun and useful data for accuracy but i felt thats what i wanted most
the mrs uses the strava so we get the elevation data plus a map of our route so its kind of best of both worlds
so do you have any plans for the weeeknd brother?
the mrs is heading out of town so im goign to be riding solo
i got this toscino seasoning and im thinking about making a bunh of pork ribs and maybe some chicken
maybe i will get a quick ride or two in as well
keep kicking ass friend and i hope you have a great night!

I think my choice of chain lube contributed to the early wear. Last year I used a oil based lube and didn't ever clean the chain. The oil attracts dirt to stick to it and the dirt gets between the plates and causes it to wear out quickly. The motorcycle chains that I'm fimilar with are a so much beefier and use o-rings to seal the dirt out and the lube in so I thought that I was doing the right thing by using that kind of lube. The dry lube sounds like a winner and I'll be picking up a bottle of that and the chain cleaner when I pick up my bike.
For sure the new GPS based bike computers are really cool and probably have more features than I need. I want one that can pair with strava so that I can see my rout and compare my time to others that are riding so that I can see how I'm doing. But I've got time to read up on them and want one that is intended for off road since I never ride on the street.
I'm not sure what is going on this weekend. Last weekend was really busy with the 2 concerts and all the going out so I'll probably take it pretty easy this weekend. I've got some things to do around the house and stuff like that. I enjoy riding solo some weekends and I find I can get a lot done or spent the day on the couch doing nothing. Ribs and chicken sound great! And a ride sounds like a great idea. Whatever you decide I'm sure you'll make the best of it.
So I was watering the 4 LBL crosses I have in flower this morning and spotted some balls on one of the plants. As I looked closer I found a bunch on one of the plants and a few on the other 3. The 1 was bad enough that I decided to cut it down. I picked them off the other plants and I'll be keeping a very close eye on them from here on out. If it gets worse I'll probably abort this cycle and start over. I'm actually wondering if I can take the 2 GB moms I have and cut them way back then transplant and flower them. They are like 3 feet or so tall and I'd have to cut them down to a foot or so. Not sure if that would stress them too much to take 2/3 of the plant off of them. Otherwise I'll have to wait until my rooted GB's are ready. I'm hoping that I'll be able to salvage some from the LBL crosses because I've set up the timing to be done when the second batch of GB cuts will be ready. I guess we will see what happens.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
ive flowered mother plants before doing just waht you said
that sucks that you found nanners on all your plants? were these feminised seeds? i wonder what could hvae triggered them to change up on you like that
i basically took off the top half of the plants and culled it down to the best sets of branches
it might take a couple days for them to recover but with the large established root balls in place they grow like crazy once they get going again
a nice chill weekend is always fun and a good way to recharge the batteries
i have no problem sitting around the house and just doing whatever i feel like
mostly smoking a lot of weed and drinking but i will also do little chores and cook
there are a bunch of the dry lube types and i like them better than oil
how do you like the tubeless set up so far? have you been able to take her out for a spin
all the major gps bike computers should be able to give you a great deal of information
be sure to set it to ping at the shortest interval so you get the most accurate picture of your rides
the mrs loves her strava and has her share of koms
i always like looking over her data and enjoy how it maps out trails and you can review the ride later on
one more day to go brother and i hope you are all ready for the weekend
hopefully the snow is starting to melt and you have more days that feel like like spring!

Fiddynut

ive flowered mother plants before doing just waht you said
that sucks that you found nanners on all your plants? were these feminised seeds? i wonder what could hvae triggered them to change up on you like that
i basically took off the top half of the plants and culled it down to the best sets of branches
it might take a couple days for them to recover but with the large established root balls in place they grow like crazy once they get going again
a nice chill weekend is always fun and a good way to recharge the batteries
i have no problem sitting around the house and just doing whatever i feel like
mostly smoking a lot of weed and drinking but i will also do little chores and cook
there are a bunch of the dry lube types and i like them better than oil
how do you like the tubeless set up so far? have you been able to take her out for a spin
all the major gps bike computers should be able to give you a great deal of information
be sure to set it to ping at the shortest interval so you get the most accurate picture of your rides
the mrs loves her strava and has her share of koms
i always like looking over her data and enjoy how it maps out trails and you can review the ride later on
one more day to go brother and i hope you are all ready for the weekend
hopefully the snow is starting to melt and you have more days that feel like like spring!

That's good news about being able to flower out the moms if I need to. I'm going to try to keep the 3 remaining plants going unless I see a bunch more naners on them, if so they are gone and I'll try the moms or maybe my first round of clones will be about ready by then.
I these went fem seeds but they were freebies/testers and maybe not as stable as the last few rounds I've grown. I did rush these plants into flower and wasn't around the first week of flower when I was down in Alabama. My bro did water them a couple times when I was gon and they were droopy the first couple weeks of flower. I did overwater before I left for vacation as well. We shal see how they do now that they seem happy and healthy.
I'm with you on enjoying a chill weekend smoking plenty and drinking a few cocktails as well. I have to think up something to cook this weekend too. I feel like doing something that I haven't done for a while. And with spring here it's time to start making more summer type foods.
The bike is still in the shop so no chance to ride yet. They said they are busy and since the trails arnt going to be open for a while I told them to take their time with it. The snow is just about melted and the ground is thawing but it's going to be wet for a while.
The few times that strava worked on my phone it was cool to look back at the ride and see which segments I need to improve on. I'd love to have a whole seasons worth of data to look at and compare.
I hope you had a great week and let's have a kick ass weekend brother!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
morning fiddy! its finally the weekend
hope your day is off to a great start
being freebie/ testers could have something to do with all the plants herming out on you
how have the borderline ones been doing, finding any more nanners?
i doubt it was something you did and think it was something in the genetics
starting the weekend off right with a nice fat bowl and im going to be marinating some stuff for the grill here soon
i have some short ribs and chicken im going marinate in toscino sauce today
this is my first time using it but when my nephew made his it came out amazing
so how is has the pup been doing? im sure he can tell the seasons are changing and i hope the two of you have been able to get out for some nice walks
have you been teaching him anything new lately?
hope there is a touch of spring in the air where you are at brother and you have a great weekend
are you watching any of that college basketball?

Fiddynut

morning fiddy! its finally the weekend
hope your day is off to a great start
being freebie/ testers could have something to do with all the plants herming out on you
how have the borderline ones been doing, finding any more nanners?
i doubt it was something you did and think it was something in the genetics
starting the weekend off right with a nice fat bowl and im going to be marinating some stuff for the grill here soon
i have some short ribs and chicken im going marinate in toscino sauce today
this is my first time using it but when my nephew made his it came out amazing
so how is has the pup been doing? im sure he can tell the seasons are changing and i hope the two of you have been able to get out for some nice walks
have you been teaching him anything new lately?
hope there is a touch of spring in the air where you are at brother and you have a great weekend
are you watching any of that college basketball?

Wow the weekend went by way too quickly. I helped my uncle cut up some trees on his property and didn't get much else done.
I have been keeping a close eye on the plants in flower and have only found a couple more naners that I'm sure where there and I missed the first time through. One had opened and dumped some pollen on a lower fan leaf so I sprayed it down with some water and I don't think the pollen got to any of the buds. What I see on these girls in the next week or so should decide their fate.
I hadent heard of toscino sauce before but I looked it up and it looks great. How did the food turn out? I'm going to give it a try sometime. I made grilled sausage (brats and polish) on Saturday and red beans and rice on Sunday. Grilling sausages made me feel like spring was here and summer is on the way. But the weather is still cool enough to enjoy a nice hot bowl of red beans and rice and that really hit the spot Sunday night. I've really been craving BBQ brisket lately and maybe next weekend I'll have time for that.
Eggo and I have been taking at least one walk every day and sometimes two. It's still way too muddy at the dog park but as soon as it drys we will be spending time there. We have just been working on basic obedience and I'm trying to teach him not to pull as much on walks. We are also thinking that some obedience classes are probably in order. I'm not very good with dog training and was so spoiled with how good of a dog Rufus was.
I have not seen a single collage basketball game in a couple years. I have dropped in on a couple bucks games and they are dominating, but I'm not much of a basketball fan. I have caught a few Brewers spring training games and I'm excited for the start of the season on Thursday.
I hope your weekend was awesome and your week is off to a great start brother!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening fiddy! happy monday
thats great that you and eggo are going on walks every day and its good you are working with him on his dog training
are you watching videos on youtube or do you take him to an obedience class
be patient with him and have fun, im sure he will learn more as time goes by
the other day while the mrs was away it made me really miss having ukie around
i did hit up the local trails but rode way too fast, especially up the first few hills
once i got to the top of the mesa i was gassed and that was about it for me
i rode along the ridge but i was pretty much going "down hill" from that point
that sucks that a nanner was able to drop his load, you dont have a fan going, do you?
hitting it with water was the best thing you could do at that point and i would keep an eye on that one

Fiddynut

happening fiddy! happy monday
thats great that you and eggo are going on walks every day and its good you are working with him on his dog training
are you watching videos on youtube or do you take him to an obedience class
be patient with him and have fun, im sure he will learn more as time goes by
the other day while the mrs was away it made me really miss having ukie around
i did hit up the local trails but rode way too fast, especially up the first few hills
once i got to the top of the mesa i was gassed and that was about it for me
i rode along the ridge but i was pretty much going "down hill" from that point
that sucks that a nanner was able to drop his load, you dont have a fan going, do you?
hitting it with water was the best thing you could do at that point and i would keep an eye on that one

Mostly I've been working with Eggo on not pulling on walks and not being so protective. The walks are getting better but he just seems to be a natural watch dog and his instinct is to bark at what he dosent know. That is a great idea to watch some YouTube vids. I will try that for sure. I'd like to do some classes with him but my work schedule and hours make it tough to get to most classes. It's easy to get frustrated but I'm a fairly patient person and I know he wants to learn but it's tough and I wish dogs understood language it would be so much easier. We are having fun and he is pretty good so we just have to keep working.
Yes for sure when your home alone is when it's easy to miss having a furry buddy around. As nice as it is to have a dog there is a freedom when you don't have one that should be enjoyed as well. When the time is right I'm sure a dog will find you.
I'm glad you got a ride in! Early season rides it can be hard to judge how fast you can ride and how long you can go. A short ride is way better than no ride brother!
I have a fan in the tent but it is up near the tops and didn't blow any of the pollen around I don't think. It landed on the lowest fan leaf below any of the developing buds so I think I'm good. I will inspect them again in the morning and see what I find.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening brother!
hope your week is off to a great start!
be sure to check out the youtube vids man, you can learn anything from watching videos
i used to have this book about basic dog training too my sister gave me
if i can find it i will let you know the title
it is hard to communicate with dogs at first, especially because eggo is still kind of young
i think its a matter of both of you learning to understand what the other is saying
but you said the most important thing when you said you are being patient and he wants to do his best for you
dogs are really great like that and im sure he will learn a lot over time
ive always been on the fence about teaching a dog not to bark at strangers; while it gets can get annoying to have a dog thats alwasy barking after a while you learn to hear what the different barks mean
ukie used to be a great watch dog and had several distinct barks; one was just an i see something and im a dog bark (more friendly), another meant come check this out (but im not afraid or worried); then there was her urgent bark that means someone was on our property or something was up
i hope you guys have a lot of great conversations in the years to come

hopefully you caught the pollen and weted it down before it had a chance to circulate
how are the plants coming along otherwise? are you starting to catch any smell yet?

hope your week is moving along nicely and things start to warm up
i cant believe its almost april man, it feels like the year jsut started!
kick ass brother and have a great day!

Latest posts

Latest posts