What's new

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.

I hope everyone is doing well and your gardens are full of healthy plants. We are only half way through the week and I'm looking forward to the weekend allready.

@pop_rocks. I think it's natural for one to put on a few pounds in fall. Between all the eating that the football season and hollidays bring and the natural lessening of activity. I had to start eating a lot more food mid summer so that I didn't continue to loose too much weight and I've just had to readjust my eating for the slower paced winter months. I'm not going to worry about a few pounds either, just keep an eye on it and make a little adjustment. You are so right that overall fitness is so much more important than just weight and I feel worlds better than I did a year ago as well. Like you said, the weight will come off in the spring easily enough.
Those fish burritos sound really good. The only time I eat fish is fried with tarter sauce because I can't taste the fish and I'm sure that putting it in a tortilla with slaw would be very similar. I will try it sometime brother. I have never heard so Mexican Cole slaw before but it sounds great.
I hope your having a great week as well brother!

@Badfishy. Thanks you for the good thoughts brother. I hope all is well down by you and you and your family are doing great!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
glad to see you around fish, keep kicking ass brother
you wouldent think a fish taco would be as good as it is until you try one ; then it all makes sense
hope you are doing well and have a great holiday season

i kind of made the mexican cole slaw up myself, fiddy
i would take my regular cole slaw mix and then add lime, mayo and pico de gallo to make it mexican style
it goes great with fish tacos or rolled into a buritto
i know you have really been getting after it as far as your fitness goes and i give you high five, brother
lets not worry about a few extra pounds right now or miss out on all the holiday fun; next year we will get back on track and loose all the winter weight and then some
tomorrow is thursday and im ready to wrap this week up
its been cold and rainy here in san diego and i could use come quality time all snuggled up on time couch

rocker

Hey Guys - Hope you're all well, it's almost Friday, Yea.

Fiddy Be well, and wishing you all the best in recovery.
PopRocks - I too like to grill a little fish and use coleslaw cabbage in the taco, I also like to get some Mango Habanero salsa and mix it into sour cream, goes great on the fish taco's

Yep a couple days of rain in ole San Diego, very welcome and much needed, I even lit a fire in the house which was great. It may not be Wi, Mi or even Co, cold but it has been damn cold for Cali.

Anyway, I am at day 66 with the girls, a couple are getting closer but no one is ready to chop yet. I broke out my tripod and took some close ups, hoping I could get a good view of the tri's, it's hard with a hand held magnifying glass, I shake too much,lol. I almost was able to zoom in enough to see the clarity and color, I just need to up from 3MG to 5MG the max for my hand held and if that doesn't do it, I will break out my big camera.

Here are a couple pics not on my thread.

Green Crack -

Super Lemon Haze -

Jack Herer -

More on my thread.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
nice pics rocker
that weed looks really nice, especially the green crack
the jack looks just about done too, when are you going to pull those two down?
/the slh is still a way off but looks great brother
do you have a macro lens? if we are breaking out the tripod we might as well do it right and get out the big gun with the right piece of glass
mango habenero sauce is nice, i like how the sweet balances out the heat
a fire would be great on a night like tonight, last night the power went out so we ended up spending a few hours living by candle light
it was cool because i have music stored on my tablet so we had tunes and everything, just no computers,tv or internet
i was actually kind of bumbed when the lights came back on
hope you are warm and dry friend and have a great weekend

rocker

Hey Pop_Rocks - I just got some lens extenders for my DSLR, so I am going to do some micro shots with it, as you said, bring out the big gun and stop messing around. Thanks I am maybe going to chop the first ones this Sunday, after company leaves. Funny thing about the SLH, is the other plant is close, but the one pictured here is not. If you look at the pictures I posted yesterday, I did one close up of each plant, and as plants will, they all have there own schedule and characteristics. If you do jump over there, I'd be curious if you could comment about the dark green leaves on the SLH1, (2 is what I posted here). and also the discolored leaves on the Jack Herer 1, is it from over watering, or maybe the fan was too direct and strong?

I know what you mean about losing power being cool, we use to lose it all the time in Colorado, the wind could get crazy. I love candle night evenings, as long as it doesn't go too long, haha. Nice to have some rain, looks like we are going to have an awesome week-end ahead. I was in El Cajon this morning, I bought some used shop tables, and someone was growing near the Blue Dolphin Stain Glass shop, it smelled lovely as we loaded my truck.

Anyway to all the other Jungle Dwellers, hope you all have a great week-end and get outdoors a little if weather permits.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
is this your first time growing out the slh?
how many seeds did you start with
it sounds like you may have a couple different phenos going which isnt that uncommon when growing from seeds
see which one you like the best and keep her
factor in things like quality of smoke and ease to grow when you are making your choice
thats one of the things i like about growing from seeds, you never know what you might find
the mrs is from back east and tells me about times when they would loose power for days on end
one of the things i keep around the house are usb powered light bulbs (they are great for camping or enteraining in the yard) and a bunch of usb battery packs
i also keep a variety of media stored on my tablet just for times when we dont have internet, so it came in handy the other night
it was a beautiful day today after the rains! and im looking forward to what this winter has in store for us rocker
i ahvent been out to east county in a while, rkr'
el ca'bong is a trip and i wouldent doubt there was weed growing close by

me gusta negro modelos, fish
/have an easy weekend brother

Rodehazrd

Hello Tribe
I hope all are well.
Rocker that green crack looks sweet. Pix have high quality detail now cant wait to see the new lens.
I lost power for three days in our last ice storm and I was afraid it would screw with the veg room but I saw no ill effects. They are moving kind of slow but its not very warm holding around 68.
My Longbottom skunk X Goji seeds have sprouted I got 18 of 20 above ground with two sets of true leaves. Will go into 4" pots soon. My veg room is looking less like an infirmary as I get back to hybrids and less NLD . My skills are not quite up to the pure sativa yet. I need some runs of Nice Kind Buds not another WTF did I do wrong right now.
FiddyI'm making more firewood today looks like we're in for a very cold winter. That jet stream just seems to come out of Canada and head due south a little too often already. Time to fire the Boiler up.

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.

I hope everyone is well and enjoying their weekend. It's Sunday and I bet your all enjoying time with people you love and, if I know most of you, having or preparing a delicious meal. Whatever you are doing today I hope y'all have a great time.
I'm doing well and getting plenty of rest. I'm going to have some time on my hands the next few days and I want to catch up on some jungle updates and also some research here on the mag. Also stay tuned for an exciting jungle announcement in the next couple of days.

@pop_rocks. Slaw plus lime and pico sounds great and I can't wait to try it. Lime really brightens flavor and the spice in the pico must add a lot to the otherwise bland cabbage. I have a feeling I could dip tortillas in something like that and can see where it would dress up allmost any taco or burrito.
I'm not going to worry about a few pounds now brother. I'm going to try to keep things balanced but I'm also going to enjoy all the good food that I'm sure will be everywhere throughout the hollidays. Once I get back to the gym and more active I can get rid of a few pounds pretty quick.
I hope your week finished off well and you got your couch time. Enjoy the games today!

@rocker. Thanks for the kind thoughts brother. I'm feeling pretty good!
I'm also a fan of flavoring sour cream with salsa or even just spices. It has all the richness and is a great canvas for the flavor.
Your plants look really nice! I'd agree that the green crack and Jack look closest. I know what you mean about those hand held scopes being kind of a pain, but they work. You've worked hard on your grow and are just about to reap the rewards.

@Rodehazrd. That sounds like a great germ rate on your LBLxGoji seeds. I hope you find something special in those baby's.
I feel the same way about my garden and I hope I find some easy to grow plants for the next couple rounds to get a more confident feeling about my plants back. I added the rock powders to my soil mix that I'll be using to flower out my next run and I hope this helps.
I'm afraid you might be right about the long, cold winter this year. It was way below average temps all of November for us and December is starting out that way as well. I think it got down to single digits a night or two ago. Way too early for that. I hope things turn around but if not your going to need a lot of wood and I'm going to burn a lot of gas. Stay warm brother!

packerfan79

Veteran
Well fuck. Jungle mates. I just did a thing I probably shouldn't have. Has anyone else been watching the Dan's Buds fundraiser ar glg. I couldn't resist, I had to pick up a bin. Frosted cherry cookies from relentless has been calling my name for a while. Now that bitch is mine.

If the wife finds out she's going to kick my ass. I guess she better not find out. Lol.

Hey Fiddynuts, hope everything goes well with the surgery.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend and holiday season.

rocker

Hey everyone,

December is cruising along and soon it will be Christmas and New Years, can't fn believe it, this year flew by no doubt about it. I hung Lights yesterday, but no tree, we will be gone and it's just the 2 of us, I love the smell of the tree, but won't miss the work. Thanks to all who chimed in on the girls, almost done and have learned a lot, and am looking forward to my next run, but worried about work travel. Has anyone ever used self watering pots? Do they work on MJ?

Fiddy - Glad your well, looking forward to the announcement? I spent time with the Jewlers loupe yesterday and SLH is not close but all of em have clear trich's but the GC and JH have red and brown pistols with maybe 5% cloudy trichs. Patience is tough about now.

Pop_Rocks - I got all these as clones from the Strain Bank, they delivered them to me, so not from seed. I have no place for a MOM so I can't keep a cutting, wish I could, down the road maybe. Yes this is the first time with SLH, and the guy told me they go long, I might have to chop them before they are ready, I am leaving for Christmas, and they would go dry if still growing.

Rodehazrd - Thanks for the positive comments, I am psyched how well they came out, reminds me why it's great to grow your own. I spent some time with the loupe on Saturday, but if I could get a picture of a wide swath of Trichomes, it is just som much easier to get a good look at where they are at. My little point and shoot is nice but the DSLR will allow me to zoom in and really see the clarity and amber. I love photography, so this is a natural for me.

Packer Fan - I just read up on the frosted Cheery cookies, oh man that sounds like an awesome strain, let us know how they go for you.

Badfishy - Modela Negro es muy sabroso.

packerfan79

Veteran
What's up in the Jungle this fine Monday? I had an interesting day. My plant manager, walked up to me and told me I gave you another dollar an hour. That never happens. Most people get 25-30 cents for their annual raise . I think he's trying to soften me up. We are supposed to get our offers for the move to salt lake city. Also retention agreements to stay on the job till close, and train people. I really doubt they will give me the terms I want in order to move. Who knows though.

So I got the first 3 plants down from the harvest. 3.25 ounces, I still have 3 bigger plants to trim and weigh. I am confident it's a half pound total. That was my goal. Well above 1 gram per watt on the first round is awesome. I am sold on the lights for sure

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening guys!
hope you all had a great weekend and are enjoying the calm before the holidays
what a fun weekend of good food and bad football!
(actually the action was off the hook and i enjoyed the action even if my team dident win)
/the bears have to be one of the teams no one wants to play in the playoffs

glad to hear you are back home and i hope you are feeling better, brother
it sounds like you have a lot of irons in the fire but be sure to take it easy and go at your own pace
you will be back to 100% in no time and can put the hammer down, but for now just relax and give yourself time to heal
roll a fatty and enjoy the time off my man!

sounds like your ahead of the christmas shopping p'fan!
that sounds like a great gift for yourself and a nice thing to do for dansbuds; how many packs did you get?
when do you plan on starting them
keep us posted on how they grow out brother, it sounds like you got some fire there (i might have to hit you up for a cut somewhere down the line)

packerfan79

Veteran
happening guys!
hope you all had a great weekend and are enjoying the calm before the holidays
what a fun weekend of good food and bad football!
(actually the action was off the hook and i enjoyed the action even if my team dident win)
/the bears have to be one of the teams no one wants to play in the playoffs

glad to hear you are back home and i hope you are feeling better, brother
it sounds like you have a lot of irons in the fire but be sure to take it easy and go at your own pace
you will be back to 100% in no time and can put the hammer down, but for now just relax and give yourself time to heal
roll a fatty and enjoy the time off my man!

sounds like your ahead of the christmas shopping p'fan!
that sounds like a great gift for yourself and a nice thing to do for dansbuds; how many packs did you get?
when do you plan on starting them
keep us posted on how they grow out brother, it sounds like you got some fire there (i might have to hit you up for a cut somewhere down the line)

Hey Pop Rocks,

I got a 7 pack of the frosted cherry cookies, a 10 pack of loud n proud (relentless og x cheese) and a pack of rebel og I forgot the breeder. Not bad for 110$. I would have paid 110 for the frosted cherry cookies.

I know they are going to take a while with holiday shipping. So, I am changing the line up. I am going to run some fems this round, killer orange glue, and a couple Jagermeisters . I can flip them quicker, no waiting for sex to show. Then I will be able to get a little veg cab going and start the cookies.

Brother, any cut I got is yours. You might have to make the drive if I can't find an excuse to get down their. Lol.

Fiddynut

Good morning friends.

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I think it's going to be a great week! As I read through your posts I can't help but think that we've all got a lot to be thankful for. I see and hear about a lot of great things going in our gardens, for instance. How cool is it that we can enjoy this hobby and share with each other even when across the country? Our passion for food is another great example. The month of December always flys by for me because it's so busy. I'm glad I get to slow down for a few days and enjoy the end of what has been a great year for me.

@Packerfan. You totally deserve those seeds brother. You are doing a great thing for Dans family. You have worked hard all year. Everyone needs to treat themselves from time to time. I hope you find some straight killer in those.
Congratulations on your raise at work. Maybe that means the offer to relocate will be better than you think.
It sounds like your harvest is going really well. Your new light must be really efficient. Great job to get that yeild in a new environment new light from seed!

@rocker. There are a lot of options and systems for self watering. I don't have any experience with any of them but I've read a lot about them here and other places. Most of the automated systems are good but seem to require a lot of trial and error to set up. For instance, if you had a bunch of plants in coco and needed to water multiple times a day a dripper system might be worth doing. If I were you I'd think about passive watering. Something like a bucket within another bucket where the bottom one holds some extra water and a wick brings water up to the top bucket with the soil and plant in it. Rodehazrd does Rubbermaid tubs that hold water and buckets inside them with wicks and I think he can go like 10 days between waterings.
It sounds like you have some time to wait on the plants. You are so right about needing patience at the end. It will be rewarded brother.

@pop_rocks. I watched more football on Sunday than I have in a long time. As hard as this is to say, being a packer fan, I hope the Bears represent our devision and win all they can. It's hard for me to take any NFC north team too seriously but if the Pack can't be there then I whish whoever is the best. In fact I feel a little bit of remorse about how the rest of our devision has been mostly embarrassed by the packers for most of the games for a long time. It's someone else's turn.
I'm feeling pretty good, just not very mobile. Getting plenty of rest and good food. Was there anything interesting on the menu on Sunday for you? I'm not doing a lot of cooking but family and friends have brought over some great soups and stews. I'm getting a craving for Mexican and might try to make some steak tacos tonight.

Rodehazrd

Hey Fiddy,
Glad you're doing well and on the mend. You're lucky to have folks to support you while you're down. Mexican on my mind lately too. Just got a couple big bags of New Mexico chili's from the local market and I'm ready to start some chili. I cut holes in them and cover with water then bring that to a boil to "Bloom" the peppers. Soon as it boils I let it sit and cool a while and then cut off the stems and cut the peppers in strips throw them back into about half the water and hit with a hand held blender till its all smooth. That's my rue then comes all the garlic onions and spices. We haven't found another chili we like better. Its a smokey kind of hard to describe flavor I found often in Mexico and never could find that spice to duplicate. Till I saw someone do it this way and had a taste.

Packer Fan that new light seems to make you happy so far. I'm still getting used to mine. They claimed it replaces a 1k hps but I don't think i get near the coverage I put up two to replace the 1k but haven't had a harvest yet. Good for you supporting Dan's drive I wanted to but cash is a little tight and I have a lot of my own crosses to try.

Here's a shot of my keepers so far Bangi in the left back Elfinstone in the middle and a Longbottom skunk from DBJ.
Pop I cleaned out the lower branches on the LBL like you suggested and I think I like it a lot better. I waited till I could cut most of the branches for clones then cleaned it out.

Attachments

• IMG_2588.jpg
    IMG_2588.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 6

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
your girls look great rode'!
they have a vibrant color and nice size for such early growth! great job man
i use the lower branches i cull for cuts too, plus i like how it improves air flow and allows better access to the soil
how long are you going to veg these girls for?
that sounds like an awesome chili sauce, i would thin that stuff out (depending on consistency) and make enchilladas

thanks for the kindness pack'
sounds like you got a bunch of seeds at a great price
that sounds like a perfect excuse for a road trip up north my man!
have you trimmed your harvest yet? im curious about how the led buds smoke and cant wait to hear what you think

glad to hear things are going well fiddy
we made some carnitas this weekend but instead of shredding it, the mrs cut it into cubes
i made a buritto out of it when we first made it but the girl has been craving rolled tacos, so i ended up rolling most of it up
they came out ok, but i like to use shredded meat better for the roll tacos, cubes are better for the tacos and burittos
we took the bone and fat and boiled it up with some black eye peas and it came out grindin
im glad you are taking it easy and letting yourself heal
its neat that it is happening around the holidays so you can really enjoy the season and look back on the year
you are right, we all have so much to be thankful for and i appreciate our little internet oaisis
sometimes we can get wrapped up in our own problems to see the big picture but we all have a lot to be thankful for
how much longer are you down for? hope you enjoy every minute

Rodehazrd

Thanks for the kind words Pop I'm not totally happy with those yet the tips still go white then burn on the Bangi and the lbl. The elfinstone clone has been in the back shelf for a while so I'm glad just to have it alive. Also see some racing stripes on the lbl which usually would mean low P I have a lot of SRP in the mix so I added the mammoth P microbes. I sprayed with Biomin calcium and added B to the last two feedings. I really like using the sticker spreader i bought, the leaves don't stain like it does without it. I think that means better uptake. For some reason I have a fear of too much K. I put a spoonful of sulfate of potash in the water for the LBL and I think it cured the curling and burnt look on the leaf edges I call ripsaw effect. They would stand out just like a saw blade. I will veg till the clones take off. Those woody lower limbs take a lot longer to start than some fresh green sprouts. Its been over a week and I pulled one out of the rockwool had a big bump and a tiny root starting so I'm hoping they will go. If I don't get a good batch I'll clip the tips on the mothers again. I want 4 of each in a SOG under the two led's all equal height. I've never had a even canopy always with the buckets trying to even it up.
Peace and be careful out there guys. :tiphat:

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.

Today I'm going to get to the long procrastinated report on the granola funk plants that were in the garden for the last 2 flower runs. I also promised an exciting jungle announcement and will get to that as well.

@Rodehazrd. Thanks brother. I feel pretty good and should be back to 100% in no time. You are so right that I'm lucky to have people to support me right now. My wife has been a great caretaker and my family and friends have made sure that there was plenty of good food for me to eat. Without them I'd have been struggling for sure.
I haven't used dried chili's much (not whole anyway) but I've seen the method you describe. I love making various styles of chili and I'm going to try to find some of those New Mexico peppers next time I make some, it sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing your secret ingredient and methodology with us!
Your plants look good and I can't wait to see and hear about how some of your crosses turn out. I think that you are going to have great things going in your garden in 2019.

@pop_rocks. Carnitas sounds great man! I like doing cubes and strips of meat too, but your right that shredded is best for some things. Plus when it shreds it's always as tender as it's going to get. I couldn't resist anymore and made some steak tacos last night. I usually don't use tenderloin but last night I did and kept it simple. Grilled chunks of tenderloin on my cast iron grill pan and cut it in strips with onion, avocado, sour cream and a little jack cheese. Beans on the side and that was it, simple and delicious. Your black eyed pea dish sounds really good. I can't wait to make a ham so that I can do something like that with the bone.
All this rest and relaxing is nice but I'm getting a bit restless. I'm going to start being a bit more active today and see how it goes. Might even get back to work for a few hours at the end of the week, on light duty since I'm not supposed to lift more than 10 pounds right now. It's going to be tough to hold myself back soon but I'm motivated to get this over with so that should help me take extra good care of myself.

Fiddynut

Granola funk update and thoughts

Granola funk update and thoughts

Howdy folks.

I have been working with 5 granola funk plants since spring and want to do a quick report on what I found in them. Looking back I popped 1/2 pack of these seeds way back in the first week of March. I was not going to flower out any of the seed plants but rather sex them and flower out clones, as well as keep clones as moms in case I wanted to regrow any of them. I got 5 females out of 6 seeds. Since I can only run 4 plants at once I broke them up into 2 flower runs.
The first run had 3 of the 5 plants in it. One was bland and not very frosty. The second had some of the wookie funk to it and had pretty good trichome coverage and yielded pretty well. The third had a nice blueberry lemonade scent and flavor and pretty good frost. I liked the third one but decided that I didn't want to keep any of the plants because they were picky feeders and needed a lot of support. Those observations could be more because of my growing methods that the actual genetics, but that's how they did in my environment. I still have some of the #3 and enjoy a bowl of it from time to time.
The second run was 2 plants each of the #1 and #6 girls. The #1 plants were more aggressive growing, taller and less branchy. The #6 girls grew pretty nice, stayed short and bushy, and got a beautiful purple color to them at the end. I harvested the #6 plants first and I got them a bit too dry before going into jars and I think that cost me some flavor because they were pretty bland, but very frosty. They also are the most potent of the bunch and have the most "cookies" flavor. The #1 plants are a lot like the #2 plants from the first run, some wookie funk and nice frost. I got 5 jars of the #6 and 6 jars of the #1 on the last batch.

The first two pics are the #6 and the last one is the #1.

Overall I'd say thet the phenos I got were good but not great. I really like the blueberry lemonade flavor of the one but not the way it grew. I've decided not to keep any of the moms from these plants and keep looking for keepers. I want to try more of bodhi's 88g13hp crosses since I had great luck with the red eye Jedi that I ran previous.

Up next will be clones from 3 Gorilla Bubble bx1f1 seed plants that have been vegging slowly for what seems like a long time now. The first time I grew GB was just my 3rd grow and I stressed them until they all hermied on me. I hope I can do better this time with them. Pics and update on these soon.