What's new

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.

Happy Tuesday and I hope everyone had a great weekend. I spent the weekend cleaning the house and carpet after the dog thrashed the place last week. I also spent time working in the jungle and got a little relaxation in.

@Badfishy. I'm down for a shepherd or a Belgian malinois but it would have to be an adult dog that needs a home. We arnt here enough for house braking a puppy. We are more than willing to work with a dog that needs some training but not one who needs all training. My wife is a little weird about the breed because she use to walk a couple of them when she had the pet care business and says they are just too smart. But I've seen that they are great dogs for a family or a single person.

@pop_rocks. Yep last week was way busy and kind of a bummer. I'm glad that we had the dog for a few days and he got to spend thanksgiving with us. He was happy to be back at the shelter and I'm sure he is well cared for there. I just hope he gets some training so that he can find a good home. The wife and I learned that we need to be more patient with the process of finding our new buddy and maybe let him find us like the last couple of dogs did. Even though he was a naughty boy I still miss him some. We will keep looking but probably will have to wait until after I heal up before we adopt again.
I'm glad that your thanksgiving went well and the feast turned out great. Did you end up making pot pies?

@Rodehazrd. Your girls are looking good brother. Wow those are some thin leaves on them.

@rocker. Your wife is right that auto trans is boring, plus they have a lot more problems and are getting very expensive to fix when you do have an issue. But it's almost impossible to find a new car with stick shift today and probably won't be even possible in a few years. Theft prevention is a bonus.

packerfan79

Veteran
What's up jungle mates,

Chop chop tonight. It took forever to get a good fade. I will try to post some pics. It's been to damn long since the last harvest.

I am starting the the Dos-i- pie my buddy made. Should be going by the weekend.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
kick ass man!
sounds like everyone had a great thanksgiving and a few of us have some nice stuff going in the garden

keep us posted on the harvest,p'fan
how many plants did you grow out of teh same strain
how do you like your new space so far

im sure the right dog will come to you
even thoe this guy dident work out i bet it was fun having a new dog around the house, fiddy
its so cool that you are looking for an older animal because most of the times those are the hardest ones to adopt out
keep looking bro and i think if you open your heart to the idea it will happen
so we dident make the pot pies, the mrs wanted to make a turkey hash on sunday so i toasted up the stuffing in a bread pan cracked a bunch of eggs over the top of it all and went that route
we dident have as many leftovers this year as we would other years, but im taking that as a good thing

8g containers should give you a nice yield rode!
you are really patient to wait that long,brother.
i get antsy at about 12w but if the strain is right i can see it being worth the wait
sounds like a heavy equatorial sativa if it goes that long
are you growing anything else

good luck on the autos, rocker
they seem to be really popular and i can see how they can be just the thing for some growers
but the quality seems to be all over the place and i think would be smart to stick with something from someone established
there are a lot of good examples here so ICMag is a great place to start
i saw the plants reiko grew out and they look amazing
keep us posted on how that goes; how is the rest of the garden coming along

this is a special time of year
we are in the holiday season guys and it feels great
it was nice having all that time off for thanksgiving to spend with family and friends
but its not over yet
lets keep on rocking and rolling brothers and make the most it!

packerfan79

Veteran
kick ass man!
sounds like everyone had a great thanksgiving and a few of us have some nice stuff going in the garden

keep us posted on the harvest,p'fan
how many plants did you grow out of teh same strain
how do you like your new space so far

im sure the right dog will come to you
even thoe this guy dident work out i bet it was fun having a new dog around the house, fiddy
its so cool that you are looking for an older animal because most of the times those are the hardest ones to adopt out
keep looking bro and i think if you open your heart to the idea it will happen
so we dident make the pot pies, the mrs wanted to make a turkey hash on sunday so i toasted up the stuffing in a bread pan cracked a bunch of eggs over the top of it all and went that route
we dident have as many leftovers this year as we would other years, but im taking that as a good thing

8g containers should give you a nice yield rode!
you are really patient to wait that long,brother.
i get antsy at about 12w but if the strain is right i can see it being worth the wait
sounds like a heavy equatorial sativa if it goes that long
are you growing anything else

good luck on the autos, rocker
they seem to be really popular and i can see how they can be just the thing for some growers
but the quality seems to be all over the place and i think would be smart to stick with something from someone established
there are a lot of good examples here so ICMag is a great place to start
i saw the plants reiko grew out and they look amazing
keep us posted on how that goes; how is the rest of the garden coming along

this is a special time of year
we are in the holiday season guys and it feels great
it was nice having all that time off for thanksgiving to spend with family and friends
but its not over yet
lets keep on rocking and rolling brothers and make the most it!

What's up Pop Rocks. I wound up with 2 cobra lips, 2 granola funk, and 2 headbangers females. So 6 plants total. I am pretty happy with the looks of everything. I had a cobralips that was looking a little weak but its purpled and frosty now. The new space is small but it is cool. I am really happy with the size of the nugs, I was thinking the led wasn't going to produce big nugs. I guess I won't count my chickens before they hatch, but everything is looking nice.

We are in the spirit of the season here. My wife is killing me with the damn hallmark Christmas movies. I swear they put out 50 freaking movies with the same damn plot every freaking year. The wife wants to watch every single one.

We put up our Christmas lights over the weekend. We are getting our tree in a couple weeks.

Hope all you guys are having a great holiday season.

Rodehazrd

Hello Tribe
Well winter is here for those of us who get one. I've got low 20's and a dusting of snow. I very much prefer that to the 3 inches of ice we got with the last system went through.
PF I'm glad you like the new space you had quite a year and deserve some easy time.
My buds under the led's are looking a little smaller than I remember from the HPS but can't for sure blame the lights yet. I had some K deficiency early on with the leaves curling up on the edges of the Oaxacan. I added some sulfate of potash and they got better over a few weeks. I won't be taking any more clones from that.
Pop I also am running some of the lbl x skunk clones I got from Dragboat Jeffy. I kept a mother of my favorite and plan to run a sog next cycle if I get them ready in time. I also kept a copy of the elfinstone from bodhi. I'm doing a second try with the oaxacan clones mainly because I don't have anything else ready to go. Its a little bit trippy but not a lot of punch. Hopefully it improves in the jar. The Bangi sure did. I kept a copy of two bangi's but am struggling to grow them under the led's. Same mix as outdoor but very different effect. I'm getting dark veins and some leaf curl on the edges like low K but have not tried to feed any different yet in veg.
Pop I'm not that patient but what else to do but wait till they're done. I have the AG under their own light against a wall and out of the way so just need to remember to water the big pots. I'm back using a probe to check water content on them my pot tipping method for 3g pots fooled me into thinking the 8's were good and I let one dry out too much thinking it was heavy enough. Not doing that with the AG.
I put down a tray of the lbl x goji seeds I made still waiting on the goji f2's and the bangi x oaxacan. I think the lbl was my favorite from this year of all the ones I popped. Of all the money spent this year on seeds i'm loving the freebie's best. at least i got a keeper.
Its getting light out so time to hit the woodpile.
Peace Brothers

Last edited:

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.

@Rodehazrd. Reiko sure did kick everyone's ass in the beer cup comp.
You sure are right about winter. It's been cold and there has been at least a trace of snow here since the first week of November. It's been so cold that the lakes are freezing already. I keep waiting for average temps to come back but so far it just stays cold. I hope this isn't a sign of a long cold winter for us. I've got a couple LBL cross freebies and I think I'm going to run them after hearing how your grew out.

@Packerfan. You deserve a great harvest brother. I hope it exceeds your expectations. I'm still not sure if I'm going to keep any of the granola funk plants around for more runs or not but I'm leaning not. I think I'm going to pop the cobra lips this week and see what I can find there. I'm glad your new grow spot is working out for you. I'm with you on the Xmas movies, not for me.

@pop_rocks. Your right it sounds like we all have good stuff going in the garden right now. My next run of gorilla bubble are doing what GB's do, vegging really slowly. Maybe they should be ready to flower in 2 or 3 weeks.
When we adopted Rufus he was allready 7 and they told us that no one had called about him or came to see him. Older dogs are perfict for us because they are trained and seem to be very happy to get a second chance. I'm sure the right one will find us soon.
Turkey hash sounds like a great way to use up leftovers. I didn't bring home a lot of leftovers so I just mixed everything together and covered it in gravy and ate it like that. I think you are right that less leftovers is a sign that everything was so good that they are it all up on the first chance.

packerfan79

Veteran
Greetings friends.

@Rodehazrd. Reiko sure did kick everyone's ass in the beer cup comp.
You sure are right about winter. It's been cold and there has been at least a trace of snow here since the first week of November. It's been so cold that the lakes are freezing already. I keep waiting for average temps to come back but so far it just stays cold. I hope this isn't a sign of a long cold winter for us. I've got a couple LBL cross freebies and I think I'm going to run them after hearing how your grew out.

@Packerfan. You deserve a great harvest brother. I hope it exceeds your expectations. I'm still not sure if I'm going to keep any of the granola funk plants around for more runs or not but I'm leaning not. I think I'm going to pop the cobra lips this week and see what I can find there. I'm glad your new grow spot is working out for you. I'm with you on the Xmas movies, not for me.

@pop_rocks. Your right it sounds like we all have good stuff going in the garden right now. My next run of gorilla bubble are doing what GB's do, vegging really slowly. Maybe they should be ready to flower in 2 or 3 weeks.
When we adopted Rufus he was allready 7 and they told us that no one had called about him or came to see him. Older dogs are perfict for us because they are trained and seem to be very happy to get a second chance. I'm sure the right one will find us soon.
Turkey hash sounds like a great way to use up leftovers. I didn't bring home a lot of leftovers so I just mixed everything together and covered it in gravy and ate it like that. I think you are right that less leftovers is a sign that everything was so good that they are it all up on the first chance.

I have to agree with Rodehazard. The LBL crosses. Are fire. I have a pack of lbl x deadhead or headband I forget. They are in the line up for sure. I have had great luck with freebies. Overall I have been happy with just about every seed I have grown. I would like to see what the lbl could add to the forum GSC.

So, I am thinking about changing nutrients. What are you guys using? Mabey I could go back to botanicare cns-17, or Lucas formula

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
im mostly using fox farm stuff, but am interested in what you find out pfan
i go light during veg, using good bag soil and ponly add things as needed (mostly some dr earth as a foliar or directly to the soil)
that a good line up you have growing there in the garden, who dosent like a little color during flower
sounds like you guys are full on into the spirit and i hope you have an awesome holiday season!

sounds like you have some nice variety there rode!
i am digging what im hearing about the lbl strains! especially if its something you plan on running again
i know what you mean about some strains packing a ko punch and others being trippy kind, like a creeper weed
sometimes you take one hit and you know you are high, other times it takes a little longer but when it hits and say to yourself this is good stuff

hope you are having a great week fiddy
you are right bruh, everyone has nice stuff in the garden but me!
i have about six sprouts that im going to keep out of the dozen or so i started with, four of the c99x and one each of the fruity jack and dog strain
man, i forgot how long seeds can take to get going and wish i had started a month ago
the temps are pretty much what you would expect from socal, i think the lows are in the 60, maybe itdips down into the 50 at night, but nothing like what you guys are having
/the mrs loves to keep the windows open at night and its been perfect sleeping weather
so has the mrs asked you about christmas yet?
i have no idea of what i want and she said if i dont tell her soon i will just end up with a bunch of random stuff
/im sure at least one of the gifts will be a new piece
so what are some of the things on your wish list? and more important, what are you thinking of giving?
/how about the rest of you guys?
what are th things you would like to get as gifts this year? what are some of the things you are going to be giving?
im getting the mrs an addidas track suit (so we can match) and some work out clothes she really likes but im open to any ideas
that is great that you are open to adopting an older dog man and 7 isnt that old for some breeds
hope your week is wrapping up nicely brother and you enjoy your weekend!
things are getting festive up in here!

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.

I can't believe it's almost the end of the week allready. I've been so busy the last couple weeks that time has been flying. I hope everyone is having a great week.

@Packerfan. For sure I have to pop some of those LBL crosses. I haven't been to GLG in a while but I thought I saw a LBL X GSC from DBJ a couple years ago when I was there last. I may have to log on and see what's new.
I use botanicare pure blend pro with mixed results, probably due to my using RO water. But cal/mag seems to mess my grows when I use it and I get deficiencs if I don't. I'm going to mineralize my soil next run and see if that helps.

@pop_rocks. I'm sure you have some great beginnings in your garden brother. You are so right, every time I pop some seeds they seem to grow so slowly. I'm use to my 6" clones that root and take off but the 6" seedlings are like watching paint dry.
I would love some temps in the 50's and 60's right about now. We have been teens at night and a lot of 20's during the day. We are just in the low 30's today and it feels like spring to me. Weather guy says maybe 40 on Saturday, woooo, heat wave LOL. We got our fifth (I think) measurable snow last night and it looks like a fucking winter wonderland here.
I've been getting new pipes for the last couple of Christmases and hope to get one from the wife again this year. I will have to figure out something nice for her this year. Other than that I will mostly get a pass this year because I wil be recovering from the surgery and probably not up to a lot of activity. We were thinking of hosting a Holliday party with family this year but decided it would be too much with me healing. My favorite gift is to feed people and make sure they have drinks and weed to smoke and a party is the perfict place for that. It sounds like you have some great ideas of things to get your lady.

rocker

Hi Everyone,

Almost Friday, been super busy both at work and at home, really excited for the holidays, I'll be going to Colorado to see family and that is cool. Hope you all have good plans for your holiday season, it will be here before you know it, can't believe Saturday is December one, crazy how fast the year goes, and how slow Trichomes take, LOL. My wife and I just took that trip to NYC a few weeks back and that was our present to each other, I have some small stuff to have her open, but this totally takes the pressure off, and we can just worry about the kids, even though they are grown and gone for the house.
Fiddy, I just ordered some beans form GLG, Guns and Gasoline, auto's for my all auto run I want to do in the spring. I also picked up Sour Tangie x Afghan and Panthera auto's from Afterthought, and our own AB. Those will be the next three strains I run, all auto's for the experience, I'll do a journal when the time comes. I hope you find that dog you need to curl up at your feet during your recovery, wishing you all the best when that goes down. Heal up over winter and be ready when it warms up next spring to get active again.

PopRocks - The girls are doing good, I seem to be over fertilizing still, I have slight tip burn and claw, I really need to have 3 water cans, 1 for each strain, only the Jack H seems to be ok with the feed rate, but getting closer to the end, yea. So as you saw above, I have 3 strains lined up to run in the spring, and I have looked over the reiko threads and a few others and there is a plenty of good information here, so I know I am in good hands. Oh, I just remembered, I also have a pack of Auto Malawi x Northern Lights Feminized, that I got from Ace earlier in the year, I want to try a couple of these too, oh man going to have a full tent again. Nice to have a little rain, but not too much, I don't want to get any mold going, my tent's humidity level is between 30%-65% daily but I have a ton of air flow. I have 2 - 240CFM fans, 1 in & 1 out, which I think really helps growth rates.

Packerfan, Good luck with the chop and all that involves, happy daze are here again, be interested to see how it goes for you.

Rodehazrd - I have a 3x3 tent with a 600 watt Platinum LED, first grow with it and I have been pretty happy with house dense the buds are getting, I was giving a couple the squeeze test yesterday, my last grow was 10 years a go with a 400W HPS, and I remember thinking a 600 or 1000 would get me where I wanted to go. I invested in the LED for this project because I am also and avid reef aquarium hobbyist, and I bought good LED's for my tank and my corals took off, I figured if my corals grow well with LED, I am going to try it in my tent, and I still have my HPS if need be. But like in the aquarium, I think it is going well, and less heat and electrical draw is a bonus.
So I hope it goes well for you, I think the technology is there, just still too expensive for the average grower.

I will leave you with a couple pics from a few days ago, Green Crack and Jack Herrer - Rocker

Badfishy1

I have to agree with Rodehazard. The LBL crosses. Are fire. I have a pack of lbl x deadhead or headband I forget. They are in the line up for sure. I have had great luck with freebies. Overall I have been happy with just about every seed I have grown. I would like to see what the lbl could add to the forum GSC.

So, I am thinking about changing nutrients. What are you guys using? Mabey I could go back to botanicare cns-17, or Lucas formula

Nutes? What are these salts you speak of? Amended soil ftw!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening guys!
hope everyone is wrapping up their week nicely
we have a fun football game tonight with the dallas cowboys playing a red hot new orlean saints team
hopefully the c'boys can keep pace with the saints, dak needs to have one of his best games of the season and z.elliot has to be a factor for dallas to keep up

im used to clones too fiddy and it seems like these babies are taking a long time to get growing
i might up-pot them this weekend or early next week and put them under a bigger light to see if that helps
but i think i just need to be patient
hope the procedure goes well and you arent down for too long
i am with you that the best gift during the holidays is getting to be around friends and family
good food and friends are all i really want but i know how excited the mrs gets shopping for us
things are still up in the air as to how much time off i will get this year during the holidays, i have christmas eve and christmas day off, plus the 31st and 1st; but i have some time on the books too so i will be adding that on somewhere
stay warm brother and have a great holiday!

it sounds like a good idea to have a couple watering cans, rocker
if all the plants are enjoying the same basic medium, this will aloow you to taylor the feeding to the individual plant
it can be tough to dial things in, especially if its the first time you have grown out a strain
are you also taking cuttings of these plants?
both of your girls looks really nice and i hope they are stinking up the place!
we got a nice rain today and i hope it sticks around for the weekend
it would be fun to get to have a rainy day at home and me and the mrs like to go on our fun walks around the neighborhood
corals can be tricky to grow and it sounds like you have a nice set up
so you also raise salt water fish or just the coral?

hope everyone is having a great night
im going to fire one up and switch on the tv and enjoy some football here
the rain is coming down outside and its begining to feel a lot like christmas fellas!

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.

@rocker. I hope you have a good time visiting fam during the holidays. Next summers dead concert schedule just came out and it looks like I will be going back to Boulder for the 4th of July holiday with concerts Friday and Saturday night.
I hope you have as much fun with the autos as I did. They should give you some great experience and help build confidence. You should also get some great buds from the experience. I didn't grow any of those strains but I'd bet they have some common ancestors to the ones I grew.

@pop_rocks. I'm not a cowboys fan by any means but it was cool to see them beat NO last night. I always go for the underdog.
Your right I think you just have to be patient with seedlings. It's like they take forever and then one day they just take off and start putting on an inch or more per day. Except the gorilla bubble I'm growing, they don't take off untill they are mature plants as far as I can tell.
I don't think they will be able to keep me down long brother. In fact I'm going to have to be carful not to do too much too soon so that I heal up right, ode hate to have to do it over again because I didn't let it heal the first time. I have Christmas Eve and day off as well as New Year's Eve and day too. I saved most of my vacation for my surgery recovery and not sure if I'll have any left for the holidays. I'm glad it feels like Christmas for you, when I lived out west it never felt right to me at the holidays because it was too warm and no snow.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
when are you going in for the operation f'nut?
best wishes on a speedy recovery brother and if there is anything i can do just holler
how many days do you expect to be off for?
like you said, be sure to let yourself heal and take things easy when you get going again
the rain has been out of controll here but luckily we live on high ground so we dont have too much to worry about
i hope it rains again now that i will be home to really enjoy it, i have a spot in the front living room staked out and hope to go on at least one rain walk
yeah the cowboys sure d'ed up against the saints
i was surprised at how low scoring the game was, but still see the saints as one of the tops teams
cant wait for this weekends action on sunday and plan to spend some quality time watching football
we have a fun weeeknd planned and are going out for dinner tomorrow, plus i am going to surprise the mrs by taking her to the indian market and picking up a bunch of things so we can have our own feast at home on sunday
im also thinking about bbqing some chicken and making grilled chicken rolled tacos
hope you have a great night brother and an even better weekend!

Fiddynut

Happy Monday friends.

@pop_rocks. We got a lot of rain here on Saturday and we're lucky to be just south of the rain/snow line, up north they got a bunch of snow and freezing rain. I hope you stay dry.
How was dinner on Saturday? How did the surprise Indian market shopping go. Did you make anything interesting on Sunday?
I got invited to go to the packer game on Sunday but had to turn it down because of other plans. I didn't even listen to the game but I did hear last night the McCarthy got the axe. It's been a long time comming for him and maybe now the team can rebuild and move forward with a more modern plan.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
the rain has passed for now but we are hoping for more later this week
we ended up having seafood instead of the indian food, plus we got some fish on the way home and i made fish buritos on sunday
yeah i heard about the packers firing their head coach after loosing to the cardinals on sunday
hopefully this move will take you guys in a new direction and get the team back on track
hope everyone had a great weekend and is enjoying their first week of december

Fiddynut

the rain has passed for now but we are hoping for more later this week
we ended up having seafood instead of the indian food, plus we got some fish on the way home and i made fish buritos on sunday
yeah i heard about the packers firing their head coach after loosing to the cardinals on sunday
hopefully this move will take you guys in a new direction and get the team back on track
hope everyone had a great weekend and is enjoying their first week of december

Good afternoon pop_rocks.
I remember loving the rain when it would come when we lived in Oakland. Even though I was on the motorcycle every day and would get wet and cold I still liked to see the rain and found ways to stay pretty dry on my commute. Around here they say "April showers make may flowers" but there it's more like December and January showers make for green grass on the hills.
I've heard of fish tacos but not fish burritos, very interesting. I hope they were good brother! I've been eating a lot of chicken and lean pork loin lately. I had put a few pounds back on in the last month or so that I haven't been as active so time to get back to more healthy eating for me.
For sure the packers need new direction and a few new players as well. Only time will tell if they can get it back together.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
im glad i am not the only one putting on a few extra pounds, fiddy
for a while in the summer i was high stepping and putting up over 100k a week
but ive had to reign things in lately
the decreased activity plus the cold weather have made it easy to get all fat and sassy and put on a new winter layer, but im not going to worry
plus its the season to enjoy the food and the family and im going to appreciate every bite
besides, i feel like im way fitter than i was this time last year and thats what matters the most, yeah?
/heck, even if i gain another pound or two, its all just winter weight and next spring i will get back to where i want to be and then some
the fish burito is about the same as a fish taco aside from the obvious and super easy to make
next time you fry up some fish, try it out,brother
roll a couple pieces of fried fish in a tortilla with some cabbage* and add some fresh pico de gallo (chopped cillantro, oinion and tomato)
*i like to use a mexican cole slaw in mine so you get thatfresh crunchy taste from the cabbage plus a little creamy form the mayo

hope you are having a great week my man and are ready for a kick ass holiday

Badfishy1

im glad i am not the only one putting on a few extra pounds, fiddy
for a while in the summer i was high stepping and putting up over 100k a week
but ive had to reign things in lately
the decreased activity plus the cold weather have made it easy to get all fat and sassy and put on a new winter layer, but im not going to worry
plus its the season to enjoy the food and the family and im going to appreciate every bite
besides, i feel like im way fitter than i was this time last year and thats what matters the most, yeah?
/heck, even if i gain another pound or two, its all just winter weight and next spring i will get back to where i want to be and then some
the fish burito is about the same as a fish taco aside from the obvious and super easy to make
next time you fry up some fish, try it out,brother
roll a couple pieces of fried fish in a tortilla with some cabbage* and add some fresh pico de gallo (chopped cillantro, oinion and tomato)
*i like to use a mexican cole slaw in mine so you get thatfresh crunchy taste from the cabbage plus a little creamy form the mayo

hope you are having a great week my man and are ready for a kick ass holiday

Hope all are well! Just taking a stroll through to drop a line to the jungle bunnies!

Fiddy my man, good luck! Hope you have a speedy recovery

Pops, the thought of fish tacos killed me! I would never THINK about eating them. Until I had one less than a year ago and gotta say I feel like I have missed out!

Packer hope you are doing well sir!

Latest posts

Latest posts