What's new

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.

It's the eve of Christmas Eve and I hope everyone is enjoying a nice quiet Sunday. The next couple days can be a lot of things to diffrent people but I hope that everyone gets to spend time with loved ones and enjoy themselves. If you have kids go ahead and spoil them a little, Christmas time is special for them. Eat, drink and be merry.

@pop_rocks. I guess looking back my parients didn't get allong so well for the first few years after the divorce. But with time came some healing and now we get together a few times a year. This is the first year where my dads sisters are comming to my moms house for Christmas and it will be kind of like in the old days when we would go to my dads parients house to all gather for the hollidays. But this is the exception to the rule and a rare situation that I'm grateful for.
I'm going to enjoy every minute of the time together this year. Last year my dads sisters husband was in the ICU in the hospital fighting for his life so we didn't get to spend time celebrating with them at all. He won the battle and recovered but lost the war last summer and we had to say goodbye. This year we are very aware of how quickly we can loose loved ones and how important it is to spend time together while we can.
I'm not sure if my wife is going to get me anything for Christmas or not. We agreed that the new dog was our present to each other but she still might be naughty and get me something anyway, we will see. My bro and I usually don't do gifts but he did bring me a BHO cartridge for my weed vape pen. I usually like flower but the vape pen is the only option at indoor concerts and stuff like that so it's nice to have one in case. You are so right that a new pipe is the best stocking stuffer.
I went and looked at some fat bikes yesterday. The damn things are really pricy. It looks like I'd have to spend about 2k to get a bike with the same quality of composition as my rosco8. I don't know if I can justify spending more than on my main bike just for something that I would ride just a couple months out of the year. I think I'm going to try to ride the roscoe during the winter and see how that goes. If we don't get snow it should be fine once the ground freezes.
I hope you enjoy the games today and have a great Holliday brother.

And to the rest of y'all.
I want to join pop in saying that we have a good group here. I hope everyone has a great Holliday and enjoys some time off.

Fiddynut

Update and pics.

Update and pics.

Greetings friends.

I hope everyone enjoyed the holliday and got to spend time with family and friends. I had a rexlaing couple days and feel good about going into the new year.

Last week I put the 4 gorilla bubble plants that I'd been vegging into the flower tent and put them on the 12/12 light cycle. They had been in their final pots for a couple of weeks and looked pretty happy. I am using a new HPS bulb for this run. I am also using a diffrent soil mix and some new amendments for this run.
If you've been reading this thread you know I'm a bit hesitant to try new things in the garden so changing a couple things at once is big for me. I'm still using 50% ocean forest soil in this mix but the other 50% is roots original brand soil, which I haven't used before. I had been using happy frog mixed with the OF but have been having more issues with it being hydrophobic and possable pH and other issues caused by that. The roots soil is coco based unlike the happy frog which is peat based. I hoping that this soil will hold the water a little better and more evenly. Time will tell.
I'm also amending the soil with the 6/5/3 rock powders that we have talked a little about in the past. In his thread on hi brix growing, budrunner suggests that this amendment can help anyone's grow. The mix is 6 parts crushed oyster shell, 5 parts rock phosphate, and 3 parts gypsum. I'm using about 1/3 cup of this mix per pot, which are about 5 gallons. I'm amending the soil in hopes that I won't have the deficiencs that I seem to get about mid flower, and the issues I get when I try to use cal/mag to treat these deficiencies. This should be an interesting experiment.
Here are a couple pics.
The #1 plant.

The #3 plant.

And the #2 plants (twins).

Here is a group shot in the flower tent. They should fill the tent up pretty quickly in the next couple weeks or so.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
whats happening friends!
i hope everyone had a great christmas holiday and is ready to wrap this week and finish off the year
i cant believe how fast time has gone
it seems like it was jsut yesterday that we were talking about how excited we were for spring time and the summer weather; i had a lot of fun this year
one more work day to go for most of us and then we are getting ready to ring in the new year

getting a new dog sounds like the best gift of all fiddy and i hope you, your wife and eggo had a great christmas together
this is his first christmas with you guys and im sure its just the beginning
i hope you all had fun spending time around family
that is so cool that your folks can get together and celebrate the season together
its nice to be surrounded by friends and family and to me thats what its all about
man, your garden is looking great
have you topped these plants at all? they are looking hella bushy and have a nice color
with veg like this you are going to have a nice fat harvest
i hope you had a happy christmas brother and are ready to ring in the new year

so how was your christmas, pack?
i hope you got to spend time with the boys and wife
man, there is something magical about watching a kid open gifts and i hope you felt that at some point
this time of year is all about the kids and i hope you enjoyed every minute brother

so the last seed sprout dident go well at all
low germ rates and a unruley cat kind of messed up my grow, but i will be getting back on track here soon
i have some new beans im excited about and will be getting them up and going after the long weekend
more on this soon...

hope the rest of you guys had a great holiday and are ready to celebrate the new year
2018 was a great year and i cant wait to see what 2019 has in store for all of us
hopefully we will hear from some old friends and i hope we also see some new faces around from time to time
heres to all you friend out there, both new and old
thanks for all the fun and keep growing that dank!

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.

Happy friday! And even better it's the friday before a nice long weekend! I hope everyone had a nice short week and is ready to enjoy the last of '18 and welcome in a new year. I'm really looking forward to finishing the year off with a bang and seeing what the new year has in store. I've got about 1/4 oz of shrooms left from last summer and I have a feeling that those will get eaten at some point in the next few days. I'm planning on sticking around the house over the weekend unless something catches my interest.

@pop_rocks. We had a great Christmas pop. The wife and I spent time with family on Christmas Eve and Eggo and I went for a nice hike at a local park and then relaxed on Christmas Day (the wife worked on Christmas). We are quickly realizing that his favorite toys are balls so we got him a few for Christmas presents. He loves to fetch.
I'm really digging the way the plants are looking as well. They seem to like the new soil and have had plenty of time to establish their roots before the flip this time. The #1&3 plants were topped once but the twins were not because they are much more bushy structure and short. They are healthy but all is not well in the jungle but I'll get to that in an update in the next day or two.
I'm sorry to hear that your last sprout went poorly and you have to start over. I've heard that cats can be a problem in people's gardens. I'm glad you are getting right back to it and can't wait to see what you get next time. I'm looking forward to popping some new beans in the next few days too. I'm even thinking that I'll grow out the next round of seed plants and not mess around with all the cloning that I've been doing the last few grows. Good luck on your next sprout.

packerfan79

Veteran
whats happening friends!
i hope everyone had a great christmas holiday and is ready to wrap this week and finish off the year
i cant believe how fast time has gone
it seems like it was jsut yesterday that we were talking about how excited we were for spring time and the summer weather; i had a lot of fun this year
one more work day to go for most of us and then we are getting ready to ring in the new year

getting a new dog sounds like the best gift of all fiddy and i hope you, your wife and eggo had a great christmas together
this is his first christmas with you guys and im sure its just the beginning
i hope you all had fun spending time around family
that is so cool that your folks can get together and celebrate the season together
its nice to be surrounded by friends and family and to me thats what its all about
man, your garden is looking great
have you topped these plants at all? they are looking hella bushy and have a nice color
with veg like this you are going to have a nice fat harvest
i hope you had a happy christmas brother and are ready to ring in the new year

so how was your christmas, pack?
i hope you got to spend time with the boys and wife
man, there is something magical about watching a kid open gifts and i hope you felt that at some point
this time of year is all about the kids and i hope you enjoyed every minute brother

so the last seed sprout dident go well at all
low germ rates and a unruley cat kind of messed up my grow, but i will be getting back on track here soon
i have some new beans im excited about and will be getting them up and going after the long weekend
more on this soon...

hope the rest of you guys had a great holiday and are ready to celebrate the new year
2018 was a great year and i cant wait to see what 2019 has in store for all of us
hopefully we will hear from some old friends and i hope we also see some new faces around from time to time
heres to all you friend out there, both new and old
thanks for all the fun and keep growing that dank!

Hey Pop Rocks,

Christmas was great. The kids got spoiled rotten. I got a recliner, I love it. It's very comfortable, last 2 nights I have knocked out early, in the recliner.

I popped 4 frosted cherry cookies, and 6 relentless og x the cheese. They haven't broken the soil yet. I am figuring they will while i am gone for the holiday.

10 am tommorow, we are mountain bound. 4 days in the mountains should do my mind some good. Kinda bittersweet usually my brother and his wife are with us for new year's eve. They are in Texas now, so they won't be their. We have been facetiming them, so the kids can sort of see them.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas. Let's finish this year on a good note.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
pack warm,p'fan
its been pretty cold the past week and i bet its super cold once you get to elevation
do you think you will have any snow where you are going?
/is it that same spot you camped at before?
a recliner is an awesome gift my man!
every captain need his seat and i bet you are loving the new chair
keep spoiling the kids and sharing the good times

it sounds like you had a great christmas fiddy and i hope you ring in the new years surrounded by the ones you love the most
eggo sounds like a great dog!
i had a dog that loved to retrieve
anything you would throw she would chase
it can be hard to keep up with them sometimes but its great to take the dog out and just toss a ball around
/does she drop the ball for you
im going to wait until next week to get the seeds going
i might just run just a couple of strain this time around but we will see
i hope things arent going too bad in the garden but im confident in your ability
if its something youve grown out before i can see not taking any cuts, but im always worried that i will find a plant i want to keep and have no way of getting her back
/actually i guess you can always reveg and then get your cutting that way, but ive never tried this myself
hay brother, have a great new year
i hope you and the mrs and the dog all enjoy yourselves and have the best new year of all

its been a great year guys and i cant wait to send it out first class!

packerfan79

Veteran
pack warm,p'fan
its been pretty cold the past week and i bet its super cold once you get to elevation
do you think you will have any snow where you are going?
/is it that same spot you camped at before?
a recliner is an awesome gift my man!
every captain need his seat and i bet you are loving the new chair
keep spoiling the kids and sharing the good times

it sounds like you had a great christmas fiddy and i hope you ring in the new years surrounded by the ones you love the most
eggo sounds like a great dog!
i had a dog that loved to retrieve
anything you would throw she would chase
it can be hard to keep up with them sometimes but its great to take the dog out and just toss a ball around
/does she drop the ball for you
im going to wait until next week to get the seeds going
i might just run just a couple of strain this time around but we will see
i hope things arent going too bad in the garden but im confident in your ability
if its something youve grown out before i can see not taking any cuts, but im always worried that i will find a plant i want to keep and have no way of getting her back
/actually i guess you can always reveg and then get your cutting that way, but ive never tried this myself
hay brother, have a great new year
i hope you and the mrs and the dog all enjoy yourselves and have the best new year of all

its been a great year guys and i cant wait to send it out first class!

Hey Pop Rocks, we aren't going camping. Lol. We are going to Big Bear . It's near where we camp. We have friends who have a cabin. They never use it in the winter, so we get to.:woohoo:

We will be dressing warm. I just checked the weather its 18 degrees. It snowed a few times in the last week. We are hopeful for more snow, not on the drive though. We have chains, so we are good.

I got 6 of 10 seedlings above ground now. I am hopeful for some serious dank. Relentless genetics has a great reputation. I am down to a couple ounces from the last harvest. I stashed a half ounce of the best for myself.

Hope all you guys a great end to the year. It's been a very challenging year. I have tried my best to focus on the positive, perspective and attitude make such a huge difference. This coming year is all about getting out of debt. I will have the wife's truck paid off in a couple weeks. 4 grand in personal debt will be paid once I get my taxes. I recently consolidated most of our credit card debt. I should be debt free by 2020.

Happy new year's to all the jungle mates.

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.

I hope y'all are enjoying the last of '18 and ready to start out on a new adventure in the new year. Wheather your going out or having a nice quiet evening please stay safe and have a great time!

@pop_rocks. Eggo loves to chase the ball and bring it back but sometimes he doesn't want to drop it. We are working on that, but it seems like he enjoys chewing on it a lot which makes him not want to give it up. Other times he will drop it right away a bunch of times in a row. I'm looking forward to playing more fetch outside with him soon. I'm hoping that he won't chase golf discs so that he can go disc golfing with us but I have a feeling that he will want to fetch them. Maybe we can work on that too. We are going for another hike at a local park this morning.
I am holding off a couple more days on popping seeds too. What's a couple days and why rush them anyway right. I think I might try some of the LBL crosses that were freebies from my last order. I think I've got LBL crossed with 2 or 3 other strains. Good luck with the next batch and let's find some greatness!
I think my strategy growing from seed will to be to try to get cuts from the seed plants just before or the first week or so of flower. I'm sure I won't always get everything to root and might loose something but that's life. Last chance would be reveg but that's no sure thing either.
I hope you are ending the year in the best way possable and looking forward to great things in '19.

@Packerfan. I'm glad you had a great Christmas. A comfortable chair is a great present, I fall asleep in mine most nights of the week.
I hope you are having a good time in the mountains! I love driving in snow, but I grew up driving in it. Just slow way down, keep a good long distance to cars in front of you and kind of feel out how much traction you have by pumping the breaks and turning the wheel. It's all about readjusting to the traction you have and the distances it takes to slow stop turn. ABS breaks in all the cars these days make it much easer than in the past.
You sure did have challenges this year and you did a great job of making the best of things. Have a great new year brother!

Fiddynut

Quick update.

Quick update.

Greetings friends.

I hope everyone had a happy and safe New Years celebration. I stayed home and had good food, drink and hung out with my bro and the dog. It wasn't the most exciting time ever but it was nice to take it easy. We dialed up some dead concerts on YouTube and took some shrooms and laughed a lot.

About 12 days ago I pit the 4 gorilla bubble plants into the flower tent. They looked pretty good but after a few days I started noticing something strange about them. After a couple more days I decided to get the scope out and have a closer look and quickly realized that 3 out of the 4 of them were boys. I must have misjudged them when presexing the seed plants that I cut these clones from. I've gotten a lot right in past runs but I think I just made a mistake with these. Or maybe I was rushing and had a guess a bit.
So now I'm left with just 1 plant to flower out on this run. This reminds me of the last time I grew this strain I ended up with one plant too. Since I don't have anything else anywhere near read I'm going to run her alone and see what I get. It's going to be tough to fill the tent with just one girl but she looks like she is going to get pretty big. She has doubled in size in the first 12 or so days of flower.
I've never taken a male into flower before so it was interesting to see how quick they develop balls. Here are a couple shots of the boys and a shot of the lone girl.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happy new year guys!
i hope everyone had a great night and shared it with the people you love the most
we just chilled at home too f'nut
me and the mrs had this great plan where we would spend the night alone and eat fun foods and have a few drinks
well, soon the kids said their plans fell through and a buddy called...
so we spent the new year with more people than planned but still had a blast
man, that sucks about the male plants fiddy
we all make a bad call every now and then
looks like the one girl will have plenty of elbow room and i hope she grows into a beast

hope you had a fun time at the cabin, p'fan
it ended up raining here and it even snowed in the local mountains
how was it up where you were at?
i hope the kids had a blast and enjoyed the change in scenery and i hope you and the mrs got to spend some quality time together too

and to all you tother guys too, happy new year!
lets rock 2019!

Fiddynut

happy new year guys!
i hope everyone had a great night and shared it with the people you love the most
me and the mrs had this great plan where we would spend the night alone and eat fun foods and have a few drinks
looks like the one girl will have plenty of elbow room and i hope she grows into a beast

i hope the kids had a blast and enjoyed the change in scenery and i hope you and the mrs got to spend some quality time together too

lets rock 2019!
Good afternoon pop_rocks.

It sounds like you had a spontaneous nye party. Sometimes things don't go as planned and we have to roll with it. And it's nice to include others in your New Years plan as not everyone has family to spend it with. I'm glad you had a good time. You can reschedule some one on one time with the wife for sometime soon.
I was pretty bummed about the boy plants but didn't let it bring me down too much. I'm hoping the one I have will turn out to be a great plant. I have 2 clones of her so if she is good I can regrow her. So far the plant looks really good. The new soil mix seems to be keeping her happy too. Last time I grew just one plant I totally fried her with too much nutes and cal/mag so I'm feeding lighter and not going to use any cal/mag on this grow and hope the mineralizing of the soil that I did is enough for her. I should know in a couple weeks because that is when I usually start getting deficiencs. You are right she is going to have plenty of room and a lot of light in there by herself.
I feel like I've been a little off my grow game lately. Between not getting anything started in time and the gap between my last harvest and getting this run going it's not my best showing. I think that the next couple grows I will spend more time trying to get back on my game and get things running smoothly. That has to start with getting some seeds popped soon.

packerfan79

Veteran
happy new year guys!

lets rock 2019!

Hey Pop Rocks, we had a great time. Spent an afternoon sledding in a out of the way canyon. Spent one day walking around the village.

New Year's eve, we played games and had some drinks. 2 of the kids made it to midnight. Weather was freezing, New year's day, was -1 with the wind chill. It was a great mellow long weekend.

Sounds like we were all having a great but mellow holiday. It was a very relaxing experience. The elevation seems to chill me out, beautiful scenery cant hurt.

@ Fiddynuts, bummer about the males. Let's hope you can spread the lonely girl out and she will yield good. I rarely pull males, unless its glaringly obvious that it's a male. I usually put them all into flower, and kill the males when they show. I have never gotten seeds in a seed run. I am paranoid about tossing females, you never know that may be the keeper.

I got 9 of 10 of the next run working on the second set of leaves. Can't complain about 1 dud seed. I got an extra seed in the Frosted cherry cookies. So guess that's the one that didn't pop. I am not sure if the relentless og x cheese is fems so I popped 6 of them .

I am definitely looking forward to making some progress with my family goals this year. Trying to get completely out of debt. By 2020, fingers crossed.

Hope everyone is having a great start to 2019.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that sounds like an awesome get away pack'
there is something about being outdoors away from all the crap that just recharges some people
i am the same way and dont mind stepping away from things from time to time
the sledding sounds rad!
i remember being a kid and riding sleds
we would even hike inot the local mountains with boogie boards and ride hills
you sure started 2019 off on a good foot and i hope your year just gets better from here

i know what you mean about not spending as much time as i would hvae liked in the garden
but its a new year and i am ready to get right back in
thats great that your new plant is doing well and i hope your soil amendments do the trick
i will have to go back and reread your recipe one of these days; keep us posted on how she grows out
with all the space this would be a good time to really spread her our and use some lst to let the light really get into the canopy of the plant
good idea taking a couple cuts
how is the surgery healing up man? are you getting closer to 100%
might be tough to tell with the cold but take it easy and let yourself heal up
i hope eggo is settling in and getting used to his new home
so do you ahev any plans for the weekend?
the mrs has to go in on saturday for a couple hours but are some good football games on the tv and i should be good on the booze
this sunday it might rain and that would be a fun chill day
i might surprise her by taking her out for dinner but if its raining it might just be fun to curl up, get really high and enjoy the rain
hope you all have a great weekend

and too the rest of you guys out there,
i hope you all are enjoying the start of your new year and ready make 2019 the best year yet!
stop by when you get a chance and get us back up to speed on what you have been up to

Fiddynut

Happy Friday friends.

This week is wrapping up nicley. Having a couple of short weeks in a row is quite nice, and the long weekends that come with them is even nicer. On top of that its been unseasonably warm the last week or so and my dog walks have been very pleasant. It in the 40's today again and I got to ride my motorcycle to work for the first time of 2019. The only down side is that the warm makes for muddy conditions and the mtn bike trails have been closed.

@packerfan. I'm glad you had a great New Years holiday. Being in the mountains surrounded by beauty always makes me feel nice and chill. I use to go sledding all winter when I was a kid. There was a big hill a few blocks away and it seems like we use to have a lot more snow. My mom would send us out to the sled hill and tell us to stay out and play for a few hours, probably the only break she would get from us. Glad you had fun.
Yes I think that these gorilla bubble plants are so slow to develop that I completely missed the boat when I thought I had them sexed. I think this girl is going to do well by herself. She is already getting some frost on the leaves at day 15, which is a great sign. She has a strong plant smell already too. You are so right that it would be better to take males into flower than to toss lady's by accident.

@pop_rocks. Looking back I was a lot busier the last year than I was the first year or so of my growing. All the going to the gym and being more active caused a lack of time for the plants. The new dog is taking more of my time as well. I just need to make time for the plants and focus on doing the best job that I can. You are right this is a new year and it's time to get back to work.
The soil amendment is 6 parts powdered oyster shell, 5 parts rock phosphate, and 3 parts gypsum. I'm trying to boost calcium, magnesium and sulphur levels without adding extra stuff to my water and feed. I used about 1/3 cup of the 6/5/3 per 5 gallon pot of soil. It's also a new blend of soil. So far so good but it's early and the next could,e weeks should be telling. With one plant sucking up al the light she is going to get pushed a lot harder than when I'm growing 4 under the same light so deficiencs should show up quickly.
I must say that I'm feeling all healed up and officially today is my first without any restrictions. To be honest I haven't been following my restrictions for about the last week anyway because I felt so good. I'd say I'm 99% if not 100.
Eggo is doing great! I'd say that we are bonded and he is happy to be in his forever home. Just last night the wife and I started planning our trip to Alabama. We are going to take Eggo on a cross country road trip and go to Mardi Gras in mobile again this year. He loves car rides and we can't wait for our southern family to meet him.
No big plans for me this weekend. My bro is going to be in colarado. I didn't go this time because I wasn't sure if I'd be healed in time. They are going snowmobiling and fat tire mtn biking in vale this time. I will probably relax some and work on some projects around the house. Maybe watch some football too.
I hope you and the wife have a good time weather you go out or just spend a quiet rainy day at home.

packerfan79

Veteran
Happy Friday friends.

This week is wrapping up nicley. Having a couple of short weeks in a row is quite nice, and the long weekends that come with them is even nicer. On top of that its been unseasonably warm the last week or so and my dog walks have been very pleasant. It in the 40's today again and I got to ride my motorcycle to work for the first time of 2019. The only down side is that the warm makes for muddy conditions and the mtn bike trails have been closed.

@packerfan. I'm glad you had a great New Years holiday. Being in the mountains surrounded by beauty always makes me feel nice and chill. I use to go sledding all winter when I was a kid. There was a big hill a few blocks away and it seems like we use to have a lot more snow. My mom would send us out to the sled hill and tell us to stay out and play for a few hours, probably the only break she would get from us. Glad you had fun.
Yes I think that these gorilla bubble plants are so slow to develop that I completely missed the boat when I thought I had them sexed. I think this girl is going to do well by herself. She is already getting some frost on the leaves at day 15, which is a great sign. She has a strong plant smell already too. You are so right that it would be better to take males into flower than to toss lady's by accident.

@pop_rocks. Looking back I was a lot busier the last year than I was the first year or so of my growing. All the going to the gym and being more active caused a lack of time for the plants. The new dog is taking more of my time as well. I just need to make time for the plants and focus on doing the best job that I can. You are right this is a new year and it's time to get back to work.
The soil amendment is 6 parts powdered oyster shell, 5 parts rock phosphate, and 3 parts gypsum. I'm trying to boost calcium, magnesium and sulphur levels without adding extra stuff to my water and feed. I used about 1/3 cup of the 6/5/3 per 5 gallon pot of soil. It's also a new blend of soil. So far so good but it's early and the next could,e weeks should be telling. With one plant sucking up al the light she is going to get pushed a lot harder than when I'm growing 4 under the same light so deficiencs should show up quickly.
I must say that I'm feeling all healed up and officially today is my first without any restrictions. To be honest I haven't been following my restrictions for about the last week anyway because I felt so good. I'd say I'm 99% if not 100.
Eggo is doing great! I'd say that we are bonded and he is happy to be in his forever home. Just last night the wife and I started planning our trip to Alabama. We are going to take Eggo on a cross country road trip and go to Mardi Gras in mobile again this year. He loves car rides and we can't wait for our southern family to meet him.
No big plans for me this weekend. My bro is going to be in colarado. I didn't go this time because I wasn't sure if I'd be healed in time. They are going snowmobiling and fat tire mtn biking in vale this time. I will probably relax some and work on some projects around the house. Maybe watch some football too.
I hope you and the wife have a good time weather you go out or just spend a quiet rainy day at home.

Unsulphered molasses is a great addition. Good source of carbs and sulfur plus a bunch of other micronutrients. I used it for years. 1 teaspoon per gallon. Many bloom boosters are molasses based.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
im a fan of the molasses too, p'fan
its also bulks up the plant in late bloom and you can pretty much use it up till the end
i usually cut it out the last couple weeks when i feed plain water, but had a friend ( who turned me on to the trick) who said he used it right up until he cut the plants

im glad to hear you are back on your feet fiddy
im not surprised that your recovery went faster then expected
i will have to try adding oyster shells to the mix to add calcium
i remember you talking about the new mix and hope it works out for you
thats great that eggo is fitting in with the family
he sounds like a really great dog
ukie like to go on car rides too but would get car sick from time to time
it dident stop her from wanting to get into the car and since my car is so old i dident really mind the mess too much
/that would not fly in mrsChickys ride
we used to take the dogs down to the beach a lot when she was younger and they could tell when we got close to the coast
she would get so excited
im ready for this weekend and the football
im going to be follow the bears/ eagles game very closely
/the winner of this game will play the rams next week
the mrs has to work tomorrow but i told her we could walk early in the day of she wants to
the mrs likes to sleep in way more than i do
/sometimes i ahve problems sleeping
she insists i wake her up no later than 7a so we can go for a nice long walk before she goes in
im going to kit up with a nice wainter jacket, warm cap and gloves
its been freezing here brother,these past few mornings i have had to scrape ice off my windshield before going to work
nothing like you guys are getting and i even joked with the ol'lady about how you live in wisco and how san diego would feel like you are in the tropics
i think it gets down to like the low 40's at night, maybe dipping intot he 30's but thats plenty cold
its going to take a few more days for my body to readjust
im heading over to my buddys house for dinner and the mrs is going to meet me there but i hope you have a great weekend and have a lot of fun with the dog

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. I must say, after the last couple of long weekends that this weekend went by quick for me. Time to get back to the grind.

@Packerfan. Good call on the molasses. I used it on my first couple of grows but haven't tried it since then. I'll add a little to the mix next time and see how it goes. You and pop are right there is a lot of good stuff in there for the plants.

@pop_rocks. The day we got Eggo we had about a 5 hour drive home with him and he slept like a baby in the back seat the whole way. It will be interisting to see how he does on the longer journey but I'm sure he will do well. I have heard of dogs that get carsick. I wonder if there are any anti motion sickness pills for dogs like there are for people.
I know exactly what you are talking about when you say that the dogs could tell when you were getting close to where your going and she would get so excited. It's like they can smell it. They definitely know where things are and my dogs can always tell when we are getting close to the cabin up north. Once they have been somewhere that they like they seem to always be happy to be back.
I watched most of the Bears game yesterday and was a bit disappointed that they couldn't get a win. I also watched some of the Cowboys Seahawks game and am suprised that Dallas got the win. With the state of football in Green Bay this year I haven't paid very close attention to what other teams are doing. It's kind of nice to just watch as a spectator and not care who wins.
I have a hard time sleeping in too brother. My wife can sleep all day if she wants but I'm up around the same time no matter what time I went to bed.
I hope you guys had a good walk and stayed warm. It must be unseasonably cold in your neck of the woods. I only remember seeing frost a couple times when I lived in Oakland. It must be even more rare down there. It's been warm here so we are probably experiencing about the same temps. We had such a cold November and early December and now things have gone the other way. It stayed warm enough to rain all night last night here.
I hope you enjoyed the games this weekend and a good dinner at your buddies place.

packerfan79

Veteran
Greetings friends.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. I must say, after the last couple of long weekends that this weekend went by quick for me. Time to get back to the grind.

@Packerfan. Good call on the molasses. I used it on my first couple of grows but haven't tried it since then. I'll add a little to the mix next time and see how it goes. You and pop are right there is a lot of good stuff in there for the plants.

@pop_rocks. The day we got Eggo we had about a 5 hour drive home with him and he slept like a baby in the back seat the whole way. It will be interisting to see how he does on the longer journey but I'm sure he will do well. I have heard of dogs that get carsick. I wonder if there are any anti motion sickness pills for dogs like there are for people.
I know exactly what you are talking about when you say that the dogs could tell when you were getting close to where your going and she would get so excited. It's like they can smell it. They definitely know where things are and my dogs can always tell when we are getting close to the cabin up north. Once they have been somewhere that they like they seem to always be happy to be back.
I watched most of the Bears game yesterday and was a bit disappointed that they couldn't get a win. I also watched some of the Cowboys Seahawks game and am suprised that Dallas got the win. With the state of football in Green Bay this year I haven't paid very close attention to what other teams are doing. It's kind of nice to just watch as a spectator and not care who wins.
I have a hard time sleeping in too brother. My wife can sleep all day if she wants but I'm up around the same time no matter what time I went to bed.
I hope you guys had a good walk and stayed warm. It must be unseasonably cold in your neck of the woods. I only remember seeing frost a couple times when I lived in Oakland. It must be even more rare down there. It's been warm here so we are probably experiencing about the same temps. We had such a cold November and early December and now things have gone the other way. It stayed warm enough to rain all night last night here.
I hope you enjoyed the games this weekend and a good dinner at your buddies place.

I went to get my wife's German Shepherd after work, poor dog puked 3 times on the way home. It was Friday night so traffic was a pain it took 3 hours to get home. She has done it every time we take her anywhere in the car. Kind of a bummer I would like to take her when we go camping and fishing. She's probably a little to protective of my wife and kids to take her around to many strangers.

Sounds like Eggo has become part of the family. That's awesome, I am happy for you guys. Dogs are awesome companions.