What's new

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Fiddynut

Happy Friday everyone.

@pop_rocks. I'd love to see more pics and especially of the bends and training you are doing. I've read that growing sativas indoors can be quite challenging because the streach so much. My plants always push my vertical space and I'm always looking for ideas to help keep them under control. Wow this week flew by and my flowering tent is allready half way to being on dailight savings time. I'm looking forward to some serious drinking tomorrow and watching the kids get wasted, every bar in town is an Irish bar and all people have a little Irish in them on st Pattys day around here. And I've been craving corned beef and cabbage too so I'll get my fix of that. And the first race of the motogp season is this weekend so I'm looking forward to that.

@Badfishy. Tell us a bit more about the plants in question. Did they look healthy? Nothing I've grown outside has had nearly as dense of buds as the stuff I grow indoor. As far as I've read the amount of light is the biggest factor in bud density, genetics being equal. Have you had better results in the same spot during the same season?

I hope everyone has been having a good week. Be safe and have a great weekend!

packerfan79

Veteran
Well jungle mates, got some bad news yesterday. I am going to be taking a hiatus from growing for a while. I have 60 days to be out of my house. Going to be shutting down my grow tonight.

Fiddynut

Well jungle mates, got some bad news yesterday. I am going to be taking a hiatus from growing for a while. I have 60 days to be out of my house. Going to be shutting down my grow tonight.
Good afternoon Packerfan.

Man, that sucks buddy. You have worked really hard on your grow shed and it seems really screwed up that they can boot you. And growing aside its not easy to move a family, find another place, try to stay in the same school district, find somewhere close to work. I'm sorry to hear about that. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.
Now for a positive twist, somethings things happen for a reason and it's not untill weeks, months, or even years down the road that you realize it may have been for the best, even though it doesn't seem like it at the time. Maybe this is one of those situations. I hope it so. Hang in there brother...Fiddy.

packerfan79

Veteran
Good afternoon Packerfan.

Man, that sucks buddy. You have worked really hard on your grow shed and it seems really screwed up that they can boot you. And growing aside its not easy to move a family, find another place, try to stay in the same school district, find somewhere close to work. I'm sorry to hear about that. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.
Now for a positive twist, somethings things happen for a reason and it's not untill weeks, months, or even years down the road that you realize it may have been for the best, even though it doesn't seem like it at the time. Maybe this is one of those situations. I hope it so. Hang in there brother...Fiddy.

Hey Fiddynuts. Thanks bud . I am trying to stay positive. The wife is freaking out. We have to be out may 15th, the 11th is the slayer concert, the 21st is my birthday. Bad timing all around. I only found a few houses for rent and they are all close to double what I have been paying. I am seriously considering just moving away from California now. If I can't find a house I have no choice. My wife finishes school the first week of June. She's transferring to an online college for her bachelor's, she can do it anywhere

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
wow, this really sucks p'fan
like fiddy said, its tough to move under the best of circumstances and with only so much time to get out it makes it even tougher
leaving california would is a big step, but you have do what you have to do to take care of you and your family
/dosent the wife have family in your area?
im sorry to hear about your bad news and i hope this is something that actually leads you to a better place

packerfan79

Veteran
wow, this really sucks p'fan
like fiddy said, its tough to move under the best of circumstances and with only so much time to get out it makes it even tougher
leaving california would is a big step, but you have do what you have to do to take care of you and your family
/dosent the wife have family in your area?
im sorry to hear about your bad news and i hope this is something that actually leads you to a better place

Thanks POP Rocks,
We both have family in the area, but we don't get along with each others families. Hopefully it will all work out for the best.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
keep us posted on how things go, p'fan
it seems like this state is going downhill and fast, losing a good person like you would just be another step back, brother
also, i know you can handle your shit, but if you ever feel the need to vent we are all here for you my man

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i was able to dip into the grow yesterday morning and get a pic
to show how things are coming along
picture.php

View image in gallery

the sativa looks like it has finally stopped stretching but i still think she has a long way to go;in contrast the indica is doing great and almost finished
i am going to start the flush on them the next watering and will probably be taking those down in the next week or two
as far as the sativa goes, i will just let her do her thing

Rodehazrd

Packer fan
That just sucks having to move just when you had your genetics set to go. That said I hope you come out with a better situation. Chaos can be an opportunity if you can see through the fog. Having grandparents and family for the kids may be important to you, I mostly tried to shield my kid from the my bible beating biological clan and being a good 500 miles away sure helped. Having a close logical family to counteract the biological one helps too. Something you might try and its a little weird but I got this from a very wise old mountain man. You walk up the creek or a branch and turn over rocks till you fine one with a tiny hole in it. Then take it home and clean it up. Now hold the rock to your face and look through the hole to see your troubles in a different light. Called Swop Rock therapy.

Fiddynut

Good afternoon friends.

@pop_rocks. That indica is looking great! Nice swell on the cola. Nice fade starting on those leaves. Any stem rubs yet, how does she smell? I hope your harvest is a good one and exceeds expectations. Keep up the updates on the sativa girl I don't see a lot of pics of them or hear nearly as much about them.

@Rodehazrd. You are right chaos can be opportunity and a motivator of change. The swop rock therapy isn't something I've heard of but sounds like a good activity and can't hurt. I bet that anything like that causes some enhanced self reflection is a good thing.

Fiddynut

Update and pics

Update and pics

Greetings jungle friends.

It's been a while since a proper update and some pics. I've been busy in the garden the last couple weeks. I'm getting clones ready for my next flower run, finishing the ones in flower right now, and getting seeds popped for two runs from now.

The first 2 of the 4 91xSL' were harvested last week and are in jars allready. The other two will be harvested in the next week or so. This will be the last run of this strain as I decided not to keep clones around and I'm looking forward to running some new plants next flower cycle.

Here is a last look at the 91xSL #1&3.

Fiddynut

Update and pics part 2

Update and pics part 2

The 1 Girl Scout cookies and the 3 red eye Jedi plants are next up for flower. I took cuts and left them in the DWC cloner for 2 full weeks. Some of the cuts had rooted much better than others. I decided to take 10 of the cuts and see how many would transition to soil. Since I only need 4 plants for the next run I don't need every cut to survive. Some of the clones don't look great a day post transplant but some look great. I'm going to be interisted to see how many make it and how little root isneeded to transition a plant. Here are a couple shots of them.

Last but not least I've got 6 of 6 granola funk seedlings up that are a couple weeks old and working on second and third sets of leaves. I'm going to flower these after the red eye Jedi and I hope I get at least 3 lady's to work with. If heard a lot of good things about this strain and can't wait to get flowering them.

Rodehazrd

Those girls are impressive fiddy. That GSC is that by Swerve at CC?
I love the hue of the snow lotus cross. That is the sl right?
Here are some of my girls cookies kush with candy kush on the right and the single bud shot is Dutch kush. I had 12 candy kush clones left over so I put them in one gal pots and put them around the edge. They are providing some early testers and doing better than I expected, I did cut my nlx big bud early and its way better this time. No one recognized it as the same plant as the ones I let go tan a little. Nice clear buzz. I plan to cut the cookies earlier too no tan trichs just good and cloudy. Only week 8 now so some time still to go

Attachments

• IMG_2361.jpg
    IMG_2361.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2359.jpg
    IMG_2359.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Fiddynut

Those girls are impressive fiddy. That GSC is that by Swerve at CC?
I love the hue of the snow lotus cross. That is the sl right?
Here are some of my girls cookies kush with candy kush on the right and the single bud shot is Dutch kush. I had 12 candy kush clones left over so I put them in one gal pots and put them around the edge. They are providing some early testers and doing better than I expected, I did cut my nlx big bud early and its way better this time. No one recognized it as the same plant as the ones I let go tan a little. Nice clear buzz. I plan to cut the cookies earlier too no tan trichs just good and cloudy. Only week 8 now so some time still to go
Good afternoon Rodehazrd.

Yes the GSC is a cc feminized seed. I grew out another cc GSC on the same run I had the Larry's that got seeded. The smoke was nice and pleasant tasting I hope I get a good pheno from her and I'll keep her around a while if she is a good one. Yes the 91xSL has the snow lotus dad.
Looking good brother. Your baby's are looking great. I have been picking at mostly cloudy trichomes with better results than trying to let them get Amber too. I like a more uppity head buzz and I seem to get more of that from the cloudys. I let the buds swell but pick before they go too long. Keep up the good work in your garden bud...Fiddy.

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey Fiddynuts, everything is looking quite nice. I am very happy with the last harvest. The LVTK was weak from seed, but is quickly becoming a favorite among my customers on this run. I still have 5 pounds to trim. It's going slow, a couple hours a night. I am going to have to get it finished up this weekend. Hope everyone is having a good week.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening guys!
hope everyone is enjoying their first day of spring

glad to hear you are chewing your way through the trimming duty,p'fan
slow and steady wins the race and get the job done
5# is a nice work load but you just get through what you can and then back on it the next day
how is the family doing,brother

peace,rode
thsoe plants looks great and you are right, you can get a totally different smoke depending on when you harvest the plant
the preference here in cali is the couch lock, (totally brown trichome )but because i grow for head stash i only let it go about 70/30 (cloudy/brown)
that is a nice full garden brother
are you still considering an outdoor grow too?

initial rubs give a smell of something rotten witha hint of fruit
i have a feew small sample buds im drying right now and its all i can do to hold off smoking them until the weekend
i will be sure to tell you how she puffs
those are some nice plants fiddy!
love the colors and all that frost! when i grow my stuff out, i usually find a cola or two that catches my eye
im sure to trim those special and put them aside as my personal smoke
the third and 4rth pic would be two contenders
/take a puff of both those for me bruh
looks like you haev a nice start to your next run
here is a full on pic of the sativa
she is starting to fill in but looks like she will still need about another month at least
its all good because i will just fill the space around her with another run of the indica cuts

packerfan79

Veteran
happening guys!
hope everyone is enjoying their first day of spring

glad to hear you are chewing your way through the trimming duty,p'fan
slow and steady wins the race and get the job done
5# is a nice work load but you just get through what you can and then back on it the next day
how is the family doing,brother

peace,rode
thsoe plants looks great and you are right, you can get a totally different smoke depending on when you harvest the plant
the preference here in cali is the couch lock, (totally brown trichome )but because i grow for head stash i only let it go about 70/30 (cloudy/brown)
that is a nice full garden brother
are you still considering an outdoor grow too?

initial rubs give a smell of something rotten witha hint of fruit
i have a feew small sample buds im drying right now and its all i can do to hold off smoking them until the weekend
i will be sure to tell you how she puffs
those are some nice plants fiddy!
love the colors and all that frost! when i grow my stuff out, i usually find a cola or two that catches my eye
im sure to trim those special and put them aside as my personal smoke
the third and 4rth pic would be two contenders
/take a puff of both those for me bruh
looks like you haev a nice start to your next run
here is a full on pic of the sativa
she is starting to fill in but looks like she will still need about another month at least
its all good because i will just fill the space around her with another run of the indica cuts

Hey Pop Rocks, we are hanging in there, the wife is pretty emotional but that's nothing new lol. I am not freaking out yet. I do need to move a couple p's so we have the money to move.

That sativa is looking wild. I bet you get some serious soaring sativa high . I love me some sativa. Are those from your friends breeding venture?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
yeah man, there is nothing like a good sativa buzz
its actually his son who does the breeding but yeah, they are from his stuff
i am glad to hear you are maintaining a good attitude
i dont blame your lady for freaking out but im sure you guys are going to land on your feet
have you guys found a new spot yet?
all the best vibes brother

Rodehazrd

Hey Pop Rocks, we are hanging in there, the wife is pretty emotional but that's nothing new lol. I am not freaking out yet. I do need to move a couple p's so we have the money to move.
That sativa is looking wild. I bet you get some serious soaring sativa high . I love me some sativa. Are those from your friends breeding venture?

Hang in there Pack and freak freely. In times of change you both need to vent and get it out otherwise it comes out sideways later and no one knows what its about.
Thanks for the thoughts on trich color I got so interested in budswell and final weight I made some I did not prefer to smoke.
I am working with the Kushes with more cbd than I usually have both the nl cross and the cookies cross have 1% and I think that affects the buzz some I wonder if the cbd comes with the tan? Or is it even affected by harvest time?:ying:

Fiddynut

Good afternoon friends.

@Packerfan. Thanks brother. I'm glad you are happy with your run and the lvtk turning out better than expected. Keep your head up and keep it positive, things always work out for the best in the long run. Be the rock for the rest of your family to lean on and lead by example. Great things are in your future, keep moving forward.

@pop_rocks. Happy spring to you too brother! Thank you for the compliment on the plants, I always like to hear that they look good to people who have a lot more experience than me. The rotten fruit smell you describe is something I get a little from the 91xSL plants but it gets more sour skunk fuel in the jars. That is a great idea to take some of the nicest colas and stash them for myself. I have even in the habit of just mixing everything I trim from each plant together and I loose track of the really pretty buds. That is a great pic of your sativa girl. You can really see how branchy she is and how pretty.

@Rodehazrd. I'm not an expert but I believe that THC degrades to CBN as the trichomes get brown and that the CBN is what makes you tired. As far as I know the amount of CBD comes down to genetics.