What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

FFA 4 weeks > Finish

H

Hazeseeker

awesome colours man:canabis:, how easy is it to get colours like that?, i've always struggled to bring any colours out in plants in the flush, on AfgHzxAfSk i managed to almost turn 1 leaf red, on the Uk Cheese the tips of the calyxs turned slight purple, a couple of leaves looked like they were starting to turn but nowhere near as good as T's above ^^?

peace

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I notice that ordinarily green plants can turn colors when: 1. the temps get chilly, or 2. they are bathed in unusually AMPLE light.

If, for instance, you want the purple to POP in the Purple Urkle clone, put it in the most direct light in the garden.

H

Hazeseeker

cool man:yes:, i think i may start using a fan during the night time/period, usually as soon as the light goes off i just turn the fans off as well,
do you think it would work if you were to put a block of ice (in a bowl) just infront of a fan, so the ice will cool the air down further? or do you think this could be dangerous (possible increasing humidity)?, wanna try everythig possible to get colours like that:joint:

peace

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
About colors in weed...

About colors in weed...

Colors are cool.

But color is pigment, and pigment is STUFF, and the less STUFF you have to burn to get high, the better.

Growers experienced with hundreds of strains, colored strains among them, will tell you that the colored pot is usually the least desireable smoke. I'd rather smoke a green nug than a purple one because in the purple one you have the pot... and the coloring to burn through. The green pot has one less non-psychoactive element to have to burn... Pot already has enough unnecessary STUFF in it.

Colored pot can be excellent, but the same pot grown the same way, but without pigments, will burn better every time.

So, colored pot is great for POTM entries and for looking at. :) cc

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for all the good vibes peeps...Crazy,i am definetly enjoyin this girl,enjoying her right now as a matter of fact :joint:
,,,,to get the colors to pop i think it is both of the things CC stated above,i have 6000 watts on them and it is 80 degrees lights on... and at lights off i let my room get down to 58 degrees before the heat turns on,and it turns off 2 degrees higher so it might be the temp swing that helps alot...i dont try to let it get low enough to effect the yield,just get some colors poppin.
peace-T-

H

Hazeseeker

Colors are cool.

But color is pigment, and pigment is STUFF, and the less STUFF you have to burn to get high, the better.

Growers experienced with hundreds of strains, colored strains among them, will tell you that the colored pot is usually the least desireable smoke. I'd rather smoke a green nug than a purple one because in the purple one you have the pot... and the coloring to burn through. The green pot has one less non-psychoactive element to have to burn... Pot already has enough unnecessary STUFF in it.

Colored pot can be excellent, but the same pot grown the same way, but without pigments, will burn better every time.

So, colored pot is great for POTM entries and for looking at. :) cc

good info man:yes:, it got me thinking of those pics you posted CC of the Shrome clone a few months ago,
the 1 that had basically zero colour pigmentation - just total white, i remember you saying it was some of the tastiest pot you tried?,
do you think it's possible to breed with (say the Shrome clone) and for this mutation/variagation (sp?) to pass over to the offspring?, i remember you said it only showed on certain parts of the plant/buds, do you think it's possible to increase this variagation by breeding?, just imagine a plant that finished completely like that:canabis:

peace

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
think that was sharon ww your thinkin of, schrom doesnt have that trait that im aware of....

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes, it was Sharon, and it was a freak kind of thing. It happens for some reason, sometimes, nothing to do with what to regulary expect. It happens on plants that have never seen this deformity before, then it goes away again. It's a mystery to me. You MIGHT be able to replicate this variegation if the affected branch was cloned. But I'm not sure.

think that was sharon ww your thinkin of, schrom doesnt have that trait that im aware of....

H

Hazeseeker

Yeah my mistake, Sharon White Widow:yes:, think that's only the 2nd time i've seen it before (think i remember someone had an F13 do this also?)

Day 27 of flower
last feed this girl recieved 0.9ml/l Grow + 1.5ml/l Bloom,
gonna back off the nutes slightly on the next feed as i'm seeing a couple of tips begin to go a little lighter in colour,
it's difficult to pick up an aroma yet as it's next to my Northern Cheese Haze,
but when i took it out for the pics an aroma hit me, very close to a wild berry/juniper berry, fresh as well?
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

peace

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice Hazeseeker!

With the GH nutes you won't get the same in-your-face smell as with organics, but you'll get a fairly good representation nonetheless. By the looks, she should start smelling really good by next week. :)

They look about perfect in every way. :)

H

Hazeseeker

Hi CC,
yeah it's difficult to define any aromas so far as it's right next to my Northern Cheese Haze which is almost ripe for harvest:yes:,
gonna be harvesting that this week, once that's harvested the FFA's will be under the 400w HPS on their own, should be able to pick up the aroma by then:canabis:,

forgot to add the height in my last post - clone is 30 inches (2 foot, 6 inches) tall,
think the stretch is almost over now i reckon?:joint:

peace

headimonster

i myself am not having a nose problem so to speak....the smell reminds me of a lemony western mass. super skunk....very appealing, i see wut u mean crazycomposer about being something your constantly smelling in the garden....i have og's next to em, and altho i love og, i smoke it all the time and am a total FFA virgin gettin ready for my cherry to be popped:yoinks:....anyways - 420 is in 27minutes im stoned rambling on, on to the pics....day 19 of flower....420 will be day 20...:woohoo:

any idea of wut the avg yield of FFA is??

all organic nutes btw....they look like they are praying to the sweet god of the sun....or hps:wallbash:??

:yeahthats

H

Hazeseeker

garden is looking sweet headimonster ^^:joint:,

different FFA currently in veg, gonna move to the flowering stage this week:yes:,
gave a feed of 1.5ml/l Grow + 1ml/l Alg-a-Mic on the last watering,
trying to get the canopy as even as possible before flipping the switch, loads-a-string, it's a string ting:canabis:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

theherbalizor

Veteran
Now thats is some bondage there.

Great show haze mate.

I must take a pic of mine. I forgot to put the pot back on its perch after a feed, and the plant has an internodal length of about 2ft, LOL. Only found her after a little move around. Completly forgot I had her. Ha ha.