What's new

Ferrari, Porsche or Mustang ?

OreoGrows

The 302 Boss Leguna Seca is a hell of a track car. It'll smoke a F430 and a California.

A regular 911 would have no chance.

View Image

what track are you at cuz that unbalanced piece of trailer home yard art would get eaten alive by a porsche on an autocross track. and a "regular" 911, should compete against a "regular" mustang, not the best one they make. a realistic contest would be the v6 mustang vs the smallest displacement 911. because if you went down the list to caymens theyd just embarass the mustang theyre so light. now against the pictured mustang youd need to let porsche use a gt car to be fair. if it was a truley good mustang, a shelby gt500, then the gt2rs would be the logic competitor. you cant just pick the nicest mustang and pit it against porsches worst car. why dont we put one of those stupid 4 banger stangs against my porsche 924s, ill smoke em. why? two words. weight. distribution. mustangs suck if you want to compare an american car with these european ICONS, do it with a good american car like a dodge viper or a chevy z06. the corvettes are the only american car that regularly bests ferraris or porsches, and whe it doesnt win at least it comes close.and this is pure performance. fit and finish are not part of the equation or the mustang would be disqualified before they even filled its tank. you wanna know why porsche and ferrari dont consider ford to be a competitor? because theyre not.

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
Wow. I really just don't know where to begin...

what track are you at cuz that unbalanced piece of trailer home yard art would get eaten alive by a porsche on an autocross track.

Well for less than 70k, you can pick up a Boss 302 Laguna Seca Edition.

It laid down a 1:39.5 at Laguna Seca.

That is faster than the:

911 GT3 130k
911 Turbo 140k
911 Turbo S 160k

The Gayman S 80k was 3 seconds slower....:tumbleweed:

all at Laguna Seca... Are you getting all this?

"regular" 911, should compete against a "regular" mustang, not the best one they make. a realistic contest would be the v6 mustang vs the smallest displacement 911. because if you went down the list to caymens theyd just embarass the mustang theyre so light.

No a "regular" 911 shouldn't compete against a "regular" Mustang, because that doesn't make any fucking sense.

You want to know a good way a consumer can compare vehicles?

wait for it....

THE PRICE!!!

Surprise.gif

A Boss 302 LS costs around 65k. A base 911 starts at 30k more. A Turbo costs twice as much and a Turbo S is 100k more....

They all tracked slower than the 65k Boss...

now against the pictured mustang youd need to let porsche use a gt car to be fair. if it was a truley good mustang, a shelby gt500, then the gt2rs would be the logic competitor. you cant just pick the nicest mustang and pit it against porsches worst car.

So the 65k Boss 302 LS should go up against a 350k Carrera GT? *facepalm*

Yeah bro...

A 240k GT2RS is absolutely the logical competitor to a 75k GT500.

What the fuck was I thinking???

why dont we put one of those stupid 4 banger stangs against my porsche 924s, ill smoke em. why? two words. weight. distribution. mustangs suck if you want to compare an american car with these european ICONS, do it with a good american car like a dodge viper or a chevy z06. the corvettes are the only american car that regularly bests ferraris or porsches, and whe it doesnt win at least it comes close.and this is pure performance. fit and finish are not part of the equation or the mustang would be disqualified before they even filled its tank. you wanna know why porsche and ferrari dont consider ford to be a competitor? because theyre not.

It amazes me how people that have absolutely no clue what they are talking about, get on a public message board, and start pounding out half coherent posts.

Have you ever heard of the Ford GT40? I promise you Ferrari has.
1968_ford_gt40-pic-10136.jpeg

Do you know what a Ford GT is?
ford-gt-06.jpg

You obviously know nothing about Ford's racing pedigree.

Or the fact that a 25k KB Cobra can humiliate any Porsche, in the 1/4 mile.

come at me bro.
504177_o.gif

Last edited:

OreoGrows

i compare cars by their purpose, which is racing. not by price. if were goin by price mustang would not be part of the debate.

DrFever

Veteran
^ You are a bit behind on what UGR is doing to the Gallardo.

8.3 second Street Gallardo. 1750awhp. Not bad for a street car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SZZvpXHcKSM

Way i look at it is way technology is going in the auto industry lambo's , porsches are way over priced even tho there nice but you just have to watch barret jackson auction there selling for nickels
looking at cars like GTR, vette GT 40 from ford there super cobra's CTS cadilac's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if5dSwcSQkw&feature=related

there allot less priced and with only 2k in mods you will walk your average lambo, or porshe
I my self would rather spend it on something like that and have a nice boat, truck as well in my driveway :))

Looking at the top 10 fastest production cars built lambo is in 10 th place while porshce isn't even there
Also would rather own a SSC again Shelby technology / NASA technology
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92mGSEy7yN0&feature=related

Latest posts

Latest posts