What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ferrari, Porsche or Mustang ?

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well owning a top tier car..

these cars are not even in the same catagories.

ferrari - high dollar, most buy for looks then machine, has performance but these cars are not about performance, there status symbols above all, very flashy, beautiful exhaust tone

porshce - drivers car, lower priced, not to flashy, refined, solid built, its what most wealthy people drive if they like driving

ford - cheap dollar, cheap car, fast performance vs. dollar value, like all things american mostly blah, no soul , for picking up trashy blondes

StellarP

ICMag Donor
Another thing to think about... The Nissan GT-R came out in 08, and is equipped with a Dual Clutch Transmission. Now all of a sudden the Porsche Turbo and Turbo S have DCTs, the Mercedes SLS has a DCT, the Ferrari 458 has a DCT, the M3 comes with a DCT option, as does the Audi R8................... All of these cars came out with this option after the GT-R................................

Some engineers in Stuttgart would disagree......

Cheers
StellarP

The 2010 Corvette unc left me is great it's orange registered for 180, but mostly leave it in garage until weekends. Just drive a '95 Mustang has the pick up and go deal for driving, or I just drive an old truck to get work done hauling soil and ferts in your ferrari have fun hehehe

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
Some engineers in Stuttgart would disagree......

Cheers
StellarP

This statement makes no sense. Instead maybe you could list all of the cars that came with a DCT before the GT-R?

The PDK used in the 956 and 966 Le Mans cars was the first time Porsche used the technology, however it was not applied to their production cars till 2009..........Do some research.

The first road going production car that received a DCT was the 03 VW Golf Mk4 R32. BMW did not start until 2008, one year after Nissan. The first Benz application was in the SLS.

Making a vague statement, such as "engineers in Stuttgart would disagree", proves nothing. Actually engineers would have to agree that the GT-R, made all other car brands step it up. Much like what Ford is doing with the Boss 302 LS.

Me being a true car enthusiast, I actually recognize such achievements. I don't shield myself from them, because I had a Porsche poster in my room as a kid. I personally would never buy a Corvette or Mustang, but I respect them. If you don't, then you are not really a car enthusiast. Same with the GT-R, and what it has done for the sports car world. To be in denial of actual facts, is pretty sad, especially when we are just talking about cars.

ford - cheap dollar, cheap car, fast performance vs. dollar value, like all things american mostly blah, no soul , for picking up trashy blondes

Yeah... I have always heard how muscle cars have no soul..... BTW have you ever heard of Soul Food?

Plymouth%20HemiCuda%20Black%2046.jpg

1965%20ford%20mustang%20GT350_2.jpg

1969-yenko-camaro.jpg

Yeah those are some cheap cars too.

ROTFLMAO....

Last edited:

spadedNfaded

Veteran
I agree, Bobby!

Im very sorry if it came off as me trying to bash you, personally, Bobby. I got no beef with yas, i was more directing my comments at people who do do that kinda thing. I've been around a lot of automotive forums recently and there's always the token GTR guy that feels the need to reign on everyone parade.

Your research and the ability to back up your statements is what seperate you from these douches. Keep it green!!!

- SubN

Bobby Stainless

Veteran
No worries SubN!

I get REALLY passionate about cars. I used to moderate a car forum, but had to leave for the exact reason you stated. Too many fanbois, and not enough car talk.

I get aggravated by all the new found GT-R love. I have been in love with that car since the old school Skyline GT-R that was forced to stop competing, due to it's domination.

Love these!
jccs-datsun0033.jpg

The R34 GT-R is also one of my favorite cars ever. It sucks that these cars are illegal to own, where I live... Stupid really.
nissan-skyline-r34-v-spec.jpg

So I have not just jumped on the band wagon, because it's the hot car right now. Too many GREAT cars out there to get hung up on one brand.

A brand that is not getting much talk in here is Lamborghini. The Aventador will make Porsche and Ferrrari wet their respective pants.
2012-lamborghini-aventado-21_800x0w.jpg

700hp, cough DCT cough, and a 0-60 in 2.8. Top Speed 218. sick.

Last edited:

Bobby Stainless

Veteran
double post.

Ferrari and Porsche are really not even exotic anymore. Porsche more so than Ferrari. I see Porsche cars ALL the time. Ferraris are fairly common too.

Keep in mind, a 360 Modena, can be had for around 60-70k, and a F430 can be bought for around 130k. Entry price is not as bad as some think.

Exotics to me are cars like these...

I have never seen a Gumpert, I have seen one Veyron, and one Zonda.

Veyron Super Sport
Bugatti_Veyron_SS_127_1024x768.jpg

Pagani Zonda R
Pagani-Zonda_R_2009_800x600_wallpaper_03.jpg

Gumpert Apollo
Gumpert_Apollo_Roadcar.jpg

Lexus LF-A (Even though it is not that fast, there are only 500 and they are gorgeous). This is my daily driver dream car.
Lexus-LFA_2011_800x600_wallpaper_03.jpg

M

Mountain

The R34 GT-R is also one of my favorite cars ever. It sucks that these cars are illegal to own, where I live... Stupid really.
I was looking at one of those about 5 years back. Got a close friend in Canada and was going to have them buy and register it there and I'd just drive it in Cali. Was also looking at a Sunny. You can get some nice low mileage cars out of Japan. The dollar is soooooo weak now not as good a deal anymore.

I appreciate your enthusiasm Bobby. When I was a kid had a chance to buy a beat up somewhat rusty Yenko Nova...ooops.

Still loved my old '93 Mustang 5.0. In my little town, and I mean little...lol...was about all I needed to have some fun without getting into too much trouble. If I had unlimited funds for sure would look at getting something else. I dunno...a super or turbo charged Lotus Elise looked like a lot of fun.

Bobby Stainless

Veteran
Problem is, the US DOT is snatching up all the R34s and R33s. Even ones that were legally imported by Motorex awhile back. I guess I will have to wait until the R34 is considered a antique.

Glad our Federal Govt. is ridding our streets of dangerous Nissans...... fuckin ridiculous.

Those old school 5.0s are no joke.

In other automotive news. The Moscow Unlimited 500 is coming up. It is a straight line competition, with some insane cars. Here is a list of some that will be there.
Some of the cars that will participate in this Moscow Unlim 500+ event, in nine days from now....

the number in the parenthesis is the horsepower.... UGR Gallardos with 1500 awhp... Fukncrazy.

Bugatti Veyron (1001 л.с.) ― А.
Bugatti Veyron Super Sport (1200 л.с.) ― Виктор
Dodge Viper SRT-10 Sportec (1000 л.с.) ― Владислав
Ferrari 599 GTO (670 л.с.) ― Дмитрий (obviously too weak to compete with the monsters...)
Koenigsegg CCXR (1024 л.с.) ― Андрей
Lamborghini Gallardo UGR TT (1500 л.с.) ― Николай
Lamborghini Gallardo UGR TT (1500 л.с.) ― Владимир
Nissan GT-R R35 AMS Alpha 12 (1200 л.с.) ― Олег (This is more like a Alpha 10, as he is running 3.8 liters and stock cams)
Nissan GT-R R35 Switzer R850 (850 л.с.) ― Сергей
Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 (900 л.с.) ― Сергей
Porsche 911 (997) GT2 9ff (1080 л.с.) ― Григорий
Porsche 911 (997) Turbo EvoMS (950 л.с.) ― Андрей
Porsche 911 Turbo Switzer R911 (900 л.с.) ― Дмитрий
Saleen S7 Competition (1100 л.с.) ― Николай
Subaru Impreza EVO STi ARS (1000 л.с.) ― Сергей

Yeah...... Big Money!

M

Mountain

I looked at running the Silver State Race in Nevada but never got things together in time. Would to have to prep my car better and was not interested in putting the necessary $ into my ride.

spadedNfaded

Veteran
That's awesome that you have a new GTR, Bobby. What a breathe of fresh air!
I would love to hear from someone who actually has hands on experience with the fuckers.
How is it? How does it fair against any other car you've owned? Have you taken it to the track? What kinda numbers?

The old Skyline was "forced" to stop competing? Who did that? How come people don't force other car manufacturers to "stop competing??"

U have any experience with Acura Integras? I do, these little beasts are peppy as fuck! Not to mention one of the cooler looking imports.

Do you think this will be at the Moscow 500 Unlimited? Or do you think it'll be forced to stop competing :)
Vauxhall Victor - 0-60 in 1s? yes......1s. Street legal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuRrleV9QWU

- SubN

Bobby Stainless

Veteran
I traded a 09 CTS-V in on it.

The car is faster and more responsive than any other I have owned. It's not new though. It's an 09, and has some mileage on it.

I would love to have a 2012, but they are too expensive. I will probably have to wait for a used one like I did for my current one.

I never buy cars new.

I am a big pussy, and don't track it. I rarely run it hard. Partly because I don't have the time, money, or ability. Last thing I would want to do is put my bank owned car into a wall. I do cut loose when the roads are empty, and there are no cops around. The acceleration is intense, but this is the most powerful car I have ever owned, so I don't have much personal experience.

I owned a Acura Legend coupe back in the day, but no Tegs.

Latest posts

Latest posts