What's new

FedEx delivers hefty pot package to wrong place

TwoOhSix!

Ajunta Pall said:
The reciever will have to have a real delivery address, and he's the one who most likely will get busted. But to send a package, you usually don't have to include a return address. All I was saying that if a package was seized for whatever reason and the return address is a real address, then you can believe that the pigs will investigate whoever lives there. They will have probable cause to raid the dwelling because their address is on the box of weed.
Yeah I don't really do that, I just use fake return addys. But if you were paranoid like whodi you could put a real address on there if you wanna be less suspicious. But honestly they aren't going to check to see if it's a legit return addy when you're sending it. If they find whats inside and start investigating, then they'll find the return addy to be fake. So what? That's after the fact, it doesn't matter. It's not like there are massive data mining efforts to spot fake return addresses and fuck with the packages.
Also, if you have any enemies, just use their name and address, LOL

whodi

Veteran
last few times i took packages to the post ofice without a return address.. the lady was cool with it, but by the 3rd time... she said she won't take the package anymore without a return address. But she took it that one last time without it. I jsut told her it was a surprise gift.

It's all about profiling packages. They look to see which package is suspicious.

If it has no return address, it's considered isuspicious; they have the right to call in a dog to sniff if they choose to do so.

If the package looks legit, even if the return addy is fake but looks legit, but has a weird smell to the package, then they will first investigate the package with a dog and then analyze the addresses.

For the msot part you should be safe using a fake return address.. jsut don't have a fake italian name that is being shipped from a southern state going to the west. jsut use common sense. use names from people that have the same type of names in your zip code.

Guess the only way shit will go down is if a boo boo ass delivery guy fucks something up like they did in this case.

tripple bag, double box, tape the box up good but not overly taped.

As to using overnight delivery or 2-3 day shipping.. im not sure.

Overnight would keep the smell from escaping more because MJ permates, or whatever, over time. But is overnight shipping suspicious, and do they scan packages before they go on planes? Overnight is through a plane, right?

Can the receiver get in trouble even if he doesn't sign?

Last edited:

darkhollo

(crazy story here.. like my sister's brother in law's dogs breeder)

A friend of mine had a roommate, this roommate had a friend who showed up now and again to hang out/crash for a night.

My friend comes home to find his yard full of cop cars, upon opening the door a swat guy throws him to the floor. They tear up the house, take his safe, guns, cash etc. My friend wasn't doing anything wrong/had nothing in the house, come to find out the roommates friend was getting 10 elbows via FedEx during each visit. So during questioning the DEA agent comments that the guy fscked up cuz he sent it overnight and that all packages are sniffed on overnight cuz they are on planes. Now I would imagine they might be searched for explosives, but didn't think they would search every package/plane for drugs and I'm fairly certain dogs are not cross trained (drug/bomb) Not sure how true that is, but it was straight from the horses mouth.

Side note, the whole case ended up being thrown out because they used a dog to obtain a search warrant on the package. The fedex truck was stopped in a parking lot and the dog was passed through the truck.. no hits. They waited for 30 minutes and ran the dog again this time he hit. The difference? The package was now ripped. This was from a deposition from the FedEx guy... so with that the warrant was deemed illegal (tampering) and all was thrown out. Without the FedEx guy coming clean it was a slam dunk for the cops, thank god thereare some honest people in this world.

-dh

Last edited:

mac777

ItsGrowTime said:
They dont need an excuse or a warrant. FedEx is a private shipper and can open any package at any time for any reason. Never ship illegal substances thru private shippers! US Postal Service requires search warrants to open packages.

us postal is also a fedral entity so its considered a fedral crime witch holds a way heftier sentence

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
mac777 said:
us postal is also a fedral entity so its considered a fedral crime witch holds a way heftier sentence

It could be considered a federal crime regardless whether you use FedEx or USPS. Simply because the package crosses state lines it invokes federal jurisdiction. The feds don't have to prosecute but they could if they wanted no matter who you use.

hamstring

Veteran
Very interesting thread. I remember on OG many people discussed that mail, UPS, FEDEX not sure what entity but that this was the way product was shipped. The days of taking a 2-day drive in a vehicle full of product was over.

I have no real back up evidence just repeating what was discussed. I do believe that more product goes through the mail in some shape or form than anyone thinks. How many 400lb packages make it before the 1 that gets taken down.

I would think a elbow of home grown is going to take a pretty good size package unless you vacuum pack and I am not a fan of vacuum packaging because in my experience you end of with a brick of goo. So I am guessing you would be sending a 12x24 box or close and I would get a little sketchy walking into the post office with that.

darkhollo said:
(crazy story here.. like my sister's brother in law's dogs breeder)

A friend of mine had a roommate, this roommate had a friend who showed up now and again to hang out/crash for a night.

My friend comes home to find his yard full of cop cars, upon opening the door a swat guy throws him to the floor. They tear up the house, take his safe, guns, cash etc. My friend wasn't doing anything wrong/had nothing in the house, come to find out the roommates friend was getting 10 elbows via FedEx during each visit. So during questioning the DEA agent comments that the guy fscked up cuz he sent it overnight and that all packages are sniffed on overnight cuz they are on planes. Now I would imagine they might be searched for explosives, but didn't think they would search every package/plane for drugs and I'm fairly certain dogs are not cross trained (drug/bomb) tNot sure how true that is, but it was straight from the horses mouth.

Side note, the whole case ended up being thrown out because they used a dog to obtain a search warrant on the package. The fedex truck was stopped in a parking lot and the dog was passed through the truck.. no hits. They waited for 30 minutes and ran the dog again this time he hit. The difference? The package was now ripped. This was from a deposition from the FedEx guy... so with that the warrant was deemed illegal (tampering) and all was thrown out. Without the FedEx guy coming clean it was a slam dunk for the cops, thank god thereare some honest people in this world.

-dh

the part about the dea agent is bullsheeet. total BS. its logistically impossible. what u think they do, put all the packages in a line and walk a dog down them? even a slow conveyor belt would take forever...
also never forget the golden rule, never believe anything a police offer tells you without proof. if he says ur homeboy sold u out, asked to see a signed confession. if he can arrest u then ask him to, if not them tell him to let u go.

PEACE

Raistlin Majere said:
:muahaha: :bashhead:
one time at band camp..........

Really that's cool what else happened @ band camp anything disturbing? Just curious because their is something not wright with you!!! You Quote me then respond questioning my integrity.... :fsu: :fsu:

What You have never head of shipping Money?

Last edited:
GreenLeaf-420 said:
You Quote me then respond questioning my integrity.... :fsu: :fsu:

Not sure if he was questioning you or your cousin, but come on, that doesnt sound like a bit of a tall tale to you? Sounds like a tale of the tallest sort to me.

Last edited:

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
I cant trust sending a package with a company with "federal" in the name

What can brown do for you?

mac777

binaryfission said:
the part about the dea agent is bullsheeet. total BS. its logistically impossible. what u think they do, put all the packages in a line and walk a dog down them? even a slow conveyor belt would take forever...
also never forget the golden rule, never believe anything a police offer tells you without proof. if he says ur homeboy sold u out, asked to see a signed confession. if he can arrest u then ask him to, if not them tell him to let u go.

PEACE

Its true its one in five and its also only certain days and only anything that goes in the air.I worked for one of the big two. They honestly don't sweet it to much I think they know and dont care that much. The thing about FedEx is all there ground routes are sold to private contractors who get a finders fee for finding paks. That means some jerk off could get hired and deleverying same day. Unlike others who work years to get there routes and care more about there life and job then snitching on some could be murderin maniac.also I know the brown boys have to move 6 feet per second so they don't have time to go looking through ever pak. and there makin like 25 an hour so they tend to not be hater lil bitch faggots like the other guys

Last edited:
R

Raistlin Majere

GreenLeaf-420 said:
Really that's cool what else happened @ band camp anything disturbing? Just curious because their is something not wright with you!!! You Quote me then respond questioning my integrity.... :fsu: :fsu:

What You have never head of shipping Money?

"YAWN" sorry its your story, you can tell it anyway you want to my friend :joint:

i believe this, and i would never believe a LEO either
lying azz pigs
but........... you never know S.O.B's really could walk the dog everytime
it is post-911 after all, who knows really ??

fedex may be different but i know for a fact that UPS runs dogs once a week.

i also know fedex has its own federal task force and the fedex boys can kick ur door.

Guys even if they could run a dog around every plane, think about it. there would be hundreds of packages on a pallet or in a pile. so the dog alerts to one pallet, well now that whole plane is held up because they need to unload that pallet and break it down to allow the dog to check the individual parcels.

no way. on top of the logistical problems, think about the cost. they are not worried about it. Amtrak runs hundreds of lbs of dope everyday and they just now are putting their "post 9/11" measures nation wide.

PEACE

bobblehead

Veteran
USPS for domestic, FedEx for international. Vacuum sealed is the only way to do it. Dogs can't smell what's not there. Marijuana x-rays like paper from my understanding.

I used to fly to Mexico, and mail back 1lb packages via FedEx. The only time I ever lost packages was when I went with DHL, and when I put 40 10ml vials of steroids in a package.

In the event of a seizure, you receive a letter from customs, stating that your items have been seized, their estimated value (turns out steroids are very undervalued), and that if you would like to claim your property, the case will be forwarded to a prosecutor. Don't respond to the letter, no problems. Don't use the address anymore.

superuber

Not true odors permeate after time so a dog could smell it depending on how long its been sitting. Careful packaging is what counts like wearing gloves, making sure everything is sterile, and shipping right after packaging. Its really luck of the draw no matter how careful you are .

Y

yamaha_1fan

If you shipped a package, but it was never scanned and there is no tracking history, what would you think? The info shows the shipping info was received but the package never received. It was shipped through a 3rd party shipping outlet. And now the package is late.

When they intercept these packages, do they keep them on time and perform the controlled delivery? Would they even try to deliver it if it was a day late? Shipping was overnight.