What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

favorite pot friendly holiday destinations....

weedtoker

Veteran
Great for you bud, but for the average stoner tourist it's not the best place for sure. Growing is a different story (if you don't sell), like in many countrys anyway... but hey, I know nothing.

S

supreme bean

Dam in the winter.snow (hopefully) on the ground.lights shining off the canals.A head full
of amnesia.mmmmm.

user-name

My favourite place is Amsterdam.
I don't always like how flurry it can be there, but the freedom of smoking is a really special experience.
We usually stay at a camping site in the south of the city park.
It's a nice park to just chill in the sun or even enjoy a few shrooms :)

i was in spain a few times several years ago, but used to bring my own herbs.
i really like a trips to spain in the summer and sometimes even found locals to trade weed against nice (maybe moroccan, but definitely delicious) hash :)
since i don't know where to go next year, maybe your bro-in-laws place is a nice idea?

koles[cz]

I'm from Prague, Czech Republic so I might throw something in :)

The situation kinda differs if you're in a big city and in the country. It's not A-Dam but... in the bigger cities like Prague or Brno the atmosphere is relaxed and you can smoke literally on the streets, in the parks, even in some pubs/bars. A good sign of a smoker-friendly place is someone already burning a spliff nearby :) Only make sure you do not run into police officer in the process, just find a quiet place and you'll be fine. Locals generally don't care and won't make you any trouble if not pissed for any reason (noise, smoke odor). Most of the time you won't be able to score good weed from local folk, but from dealer. This usually sucks because you get poor quality for high price.

In general, you should be more cautious in the countryside, although there are places with strong weed presence like south of Bohemia and south of Moravia (the southern parts of the country). Again, avoid police for unnecessary trouble and you're good to go.

Few tips:

* Don't buy from dealers. It's always better idea to hang out with locals to get high without the need of buying.

* If you need to buy / have no other option, a bar where u smell burnt weed is the place. Bartender will serve or point you to the right guy. Buying on the street is the ultimate waste of your buck.

* You can get high on nearly any occasion and it's fun. Just don't drive a car or a motorcycle when you're high (bicycle is ok assuming you stay on designated cycling routes).

* Also do not mix with a lot of alcohol. Beer is often cheaper than water so drink with caution when high.

koles[cz]

Oh, I forgot to mention prices, so here we go:

* good outdoor is 100 -150 CZK/g ~ 3 - 6 €/g

* good indoor is 150 - 200 CZK/g ~ 5 - 8 €/g

If it's cheaper you're buying shit, if its it's more expensive you're getting robbed. You can get really good outdoor and good indoor. Excelent indoor is hard to score because most of the comercial growers run fast-flowering indicas, do not flush properly etc.

Hope this helps ;) Ask, if I forgot anything important..

S

sourpuss

Morocco sounds interesting... whats the laws there... smokin inpublic ok?

Must have some great hashplants over there... obviously best in the world... @guywhoknowstherestaurantwiththeplants can you get some seeds or do you run moroccan stra8ns now?

S

supreme bean

Amsterdam is just hype and tourism, IMHO

Chaouen but just for hash

Barcelona, cheaper than A`dam and with 400 "cannabis clubs"

where does a chap find more info on the forementioned cannabis clubs?

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I can't believe no one mentioned JA, Negril is totally pot friendly, you can smoke at many hotels, restaurants, night spots, concerts, as well as the beach and most taxis.
And they made 57 grams or less legal this month.
Negril leaves Amsterdam, Morocco, Spain in the dust when it comes to Cannabis.
Something about sitting in your balcony overlooking the blue ocean, smoking fresh made water hash, and having the hotel restaurant bring a lobster to your balcony to feast on..... Then going to see an outdoor reggae concert with half the audience smoking spliffs.....
If I want a Cannabis friendly vacation, I leave Amsterdam where I live full time and jet over to JA to chill. Been to Spain many times over the last 45 years, it is pretty nice, been to Morocco many times even up in the mountains to make my own hash, but none are as good as JA. I have also been to every place mentioned in this thread, I know friends busted in many of them, because Cannabis is not legal in most and you can still get in to trouble. Not so often maybe but it is a real downer to be on vacation and busted....
Amsterdam and JA may be the safest, JA is way more fun....
-SamS

S

sourpuss

@rik thx for the link. Was a fun read.

@skunkman. If im ever there im gonna pm you:) got some deep hookups in jamaica...

S

supreme bean

Lol to who said Portugal. Just because it seems relaxed on paper doesn't really mean it's like that. Plus we don't have a smoking culture, and we're way behind many other countries in quality... Spain, whole different ball game, not as good as many people paint it, but better tough.

Whats the prob?Ports has some great sunshine.Why you no grow great weed?

diogochat

Whats the prob?Ports has some great sunshine.Why you no grow great weed?
My father tells me, when he was young, they had a small garden in the back of the house.
Quick Story short. My oncle had this huge 10 feet plants all summer in the sun, my grandmother thinks he's got a greenthumb and she's happy to see all this interest.. till the day one of her sisters comes around and tells her that was Drug, Burned to the ground!!! :) . That was 35 years ago, and we still have policeman with moustaches..

Still, If those fuckers in the government realized what they could do with the money from taking it to an industrial way and saving thousands of workers, maybe portugal could be a good place for hemp and cannabis.

S

supreme bean

I guess its all donkey carts,and peasants knawing on turnips.lol

Dkgrower

Veteran
The best place i ever smoked hashish is in the himalays, himachal predesh india.

Many sweet spots to chill..

Jahnice

thicker skin in training
ICMag Donor
our good friend is from Nepal and he highly recommends Kathmandu.
we just have to coordinate a time that we can meet him there.
the people are honest, friendly and have a 'clean heart'.
it would never occur to them to do anything other than help you out.

:peacock:

i would love to be in that India-Nepal area one time for the Dhawali festival (sp?)
where they throw coloured powders over everyone

Last edited:

Dkgrower

Veteran
Jahnice, diwali or how you spell it is one of the best hindu festivals.. pepol get to touch each other and kids can throw color at the old pepol that normally slaps them, they dont like it and try to hide but the game is on, everybody that is out side gets it !!!!

I love to buy kilos of dry color and then gang up with some kids, early in the morning and then slowly grow to a monster color gang, later when the sun goes down the party turns more into a beer n local wine festival.

Jahnice

thicker skin in training
ICMag Donor
when is this festival? spring?

if you are in Copenhagen, do you have any photos or insights into 'Christianaland'?
this is also on my wish list for pot friendly destinations:)

Latest posts

Latest posts