What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

favorite pot friendly holiday destinations....

RetroGrow

Veteran
I can't believe no one mentioned JA, Negril is totally pot friendly, you can smoke at many hotels, restaurants, night spots, concerts, as well as the beach and most taxis.
And they made 57 grams or less legal this month.
Negril leaves Amsterdam, Morocco, Spain in the dust when it comes to Cannabis.
Something about sitting in your balcony overlooking the blue ocean, smoking fresh made water hash, and having the hotel restaurant bring a lobster to your balcony to feast on..... Then going to see an outdoor reggae concert with half the audience smoking spliffs.....
If I want a Cannabis friendly vacation, I leave Amsterdam where I live full time and jet over to JA to chill. Been to Spain many times over the last 45 years, it is pretty nice, been to Morocco many times even up in the mountains to make my own hash, but none are as good as JA. I have also been to every place mentioned in this thread, I know friends busted in many of them, because Cannabis is not legal in most and you can still get in to trouble. Not so often maybe but it is a real downer to be on vacation and busted....
Amsterdam and JA may be the safest, JA is way more fun....
-SamS

Agreed. Negril rules. Ocho Rios a stone's throw away. Nice for a day trip. Been awhile. Have to get back there.

theJointedOne

Veteran
Seattle is nice. You can find great herb and hash in Craigslist, I've found everything from forum cut cookies to gg4 to great shatter. Great food, great weather from may to September. Cops don't care about weed smoking at all. I've puffed all over the city and have never gotten a second glance from anyone. Its really becoming a non issue there

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Just my opinion. don;t get all huffy.

JA = Unless You know and stay with a local family - It's endless hassling from Macho Dickhead Jamaicans.

If you travel with a woman, watch out, the insults will fly. Homophobic in the extreme, even straight Guys are hassled.

For me, it is the worst place to go, unless One is uncaring that all the locals see is your money.

This is not a vacation. JA peeps are as racist as any people on earth. Robbery is common, trust Me on this. In addition, the state department stats on crime perpetrated against tourists is lengthy, and accurate. As a Travel Agent for 8 years, I discouraged almost all travel to JA. For GOOD reason.

Although I am empathic in the extreme, & I know and love JA culture big time - on a vacay, I do not have time for these economic disparities.. Their problems are not mine. Have and have-nots are separated by galaxies.

Most of all, the pot is not that good. It's not bad, but not great. I;d bring bubble bags. I'd rather go to Mex, or CR, at least the peeps are friendly.

Last edited:
W

wegobigupnorth

I fucking love Jamaica and try my best to go every year. There are things you need to be aware of, I admit I don't leave the resort much except to the touristy areas unless I am traveling with a local. I would NOT bring a woman to Jamaica after seeing some fucked up things and yes if your gay, obviously do not go there... Gays are heavily ridiculed and some times even murdered though I hear this does not happen much anymore.

Cultures are different everywhere you go...JA is actually a very free place where things like interracial marriage is totally acceptable. They just aren't down with gays. They all are down with the white guys in my experience

I have had the best parties of my life, smoked awesome weed and hash, toured some very low tech but fairly large weed fields. nexy time I'm bringing bubble bags and not hopefully some butane but dont think I can bring that on the plane lol.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Just my opinion. don;t get all huffy.

JA = Unless You know and stay with a local family - It's endless hassling from Macho Dickhead Jamaicans.

If you travel with a woman, watch out, the insults will fly. Homophobic in the extreme, even straight Guys are hassled.

For me, it is the worst place to go, unless One is uncaring that all the locals see is your money.

This is not a vacation. JA peeps are as racist as any people on earth. Robbery is common, trust Me on this. In addition, the state department stats on crime perpetrated against tourists is lengthy, and accurate. As a Travel Agent for 8 years, I discouraged almost all travel to JA. For GOOD reason.

Although I am empathic in the extreme, & I know and love JA culture big time - on a vacay, I do not have time for these economic disparities.. Their problems are not mine. Have and have-nots are separated by galaxies.

Most of all, the pot is not that good. It's not bad, but not great. I;d bring bubble bags. I'd rather go to Mex, or CR, at least the peeps are friendly.

Obviously, you went to the wrong part of Jamaica.

hom

Veteran
I bought a kilo of weed by accident on my first night in Kathmandu. It cost 10 US dollars. I had already scored some nice pollen from the taxi driver that brought us from the airport. That was a great introduction to Nepal. A few Everest beers, the mountains and the scene was set.

OlDirtyHuman

I went to Denver and Boulder last month for the first time . Made my first rec purchase at the Farm in Boulder. Very nice buds.

Afghan 1 and Tangerine Haze were excellent. Perfect cure and potent. I got the early bird special and definitely got more than what I paid for. If you like outdoor type shit I can recommend the Mesa Trail and Golden Gate Canyon SP.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Obviously, you went to the wrong part of Jamaica.
It was 1985, and yes, it was not the ideal place to be. I'd love to try again, but to have endless vendors is no vacation to me. Especially pushy ones, as JA Men can be. you may be right, Retro - but, My experience goes way beyond JA, lived in all interesting places with complete diversity, until now. haha. Their instinctual racist, misogynistic, and homophobic tendencies are blatant.

Latest posts

Latest posts