What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fast Eddy Automatic CBD (Royal Queen Seeds)

goingrey

my tiny (and crappy)lowryder took me by surprise too :biggrin:
i´m always kinda cautious when the seed description says: low odour now!
I put the minute harvest into a paper bag for drying/curing and placed it in a large cupboard. Guess what? I could smell it whenever I opened the door, even then and kinda when to door was closed too.
Hehe I remember being well impressed with Lowryder back in the day. But maybe my expectations weren't as high. After all, the marketing slogan for it was something along the lines of "hey, it's better than nothing". And I indeed thought it was not only better than nothing but actually quite incredible to get real bud from the windowsill. Since then I have learned that it is actually possible with most anything, auto or not, during the right time of the year (and in the northern hemisphere that time would be now!). But still, Lowryder will always have a spot in my heart.

The Fast Eddy was advertised as a strong smelling strain but you never know with these things... But it indeed seems to be so. The time to harvest and plant height also match the description. So so far I am impressed. But the big ones: taste, high, dry weight, those are yet to be known.

Cuddles

Hehe I remember being well impressed with Lowryder back in the day. But maybe my expectations weren't as high. After all, the marketing slogan for it was something along the lines of "hey, it's better than nothing". And I indeed thought it was not only better than nothing but actually quite incredible to get real bud from the windowsill. Since then I have learned that it is actually possible with most anything, auto or not, during the right time of the year (and in the northern hemisphere that time would be now!). But still, Lowryder will always have a spot in my heart.

The Fast Eddy was advertised as a strong smelling strain but you never know with these things... But it indeed seems to be so. The time to harvest and plant height also match the description. So so far I am impressed. But the big ones: taste, high, dry weight, those are yet to be known.
well, I look forward to your smoke report and effects when the time comes :)

goingrey

f.jpg

Dry and jarred. Yield was even better than expected despite losing a little to mold, 42 grams! These are some dense buds.

So how did she compare to what the breeder says?

RQS said:
When grown indoors, expect her to reach up heights between 60-100cm

Yes, grew to a height of just under 80cm.

RQS said:
going from seed to harvest in as little as 10-12 weeks.

Yes. Chopped a day before 10 weeks. Would have let her go a bit longer had things gone perfectly but surely not more than two weeks longer.

RQS said:
can produce yields of up to 450g/m² if grown under optimal conditions.

Well actually... You could fit 16 of these 6l pots in a square meter. 16*42g = 672g. More actually! But I suppose all phenos aren't this high yielding, and by m² they really mean 600W HPS which might not yield that much.

RQS said:
Fast Eddy produces a very pungent citrusy skunk aroma and taste, inducing a clear and comfortable buzz when smoked. It makes for a great daytime smoke - when you don’t want anything too heavy, and you have stuff to get done. This light and functional high also offers a good degree of pain relief, making her a worthwhile choice for anyone looking to alleviate it. Fast Eddy has a 9% THC content combined with a high CBD content.

Citrusy skunk aroma and taste, sure. Really stinky sticky buds. Taste when smoked is kind of clean if that makes sense. Not a super intense taste like OG or something but you can def taste something in there.

The high, well, after a joint I feel a little something in the head but not much. It def has some kind of high, that is to say it has THC. Does it have 9% THC, who knows. But, yeah... functional for sure. Will have to investigate more with a cure and higher doses than a single joint.

Overall I would say that this strain is as advertised, apart from the yield which was actually better than advertised. That said, I would not recommend it for most ICMag people because the effects aren't very hard hitting.

It's weed for like someone who doesn't smoke very often, but wants to smoke a nice proper joint when they do, yet doesn't want to get ripped, just wants to feel a little something.

Last edited:

goingrey

f.jpg

Here we are after a 3 month cure.

Really fantastic tasty weed with a blissful anti-anxiety high. On the downside a little bit lazy and forgetful of a high, also leaves you a bit antsy when it wears off.

Anyway, absolutely over-met my expectations. At least this one plant. Hope the others are as good. The downside of autos, not being able to keep a good one around. Have to give some of RQS' photo CBD-rich strains a go too. I like the theoretical possibility of being able to grow this fast auto outdoors, but this one is too stinky for me to be comfortable having it in my garden.

Fallocefalo

420club
Hey man, just seen your job, i love the 1:1 strains of RQS even if i generally do not appreciate autos but, your plant worked good!

So sorry for mold! your can easy fix that problem placing a fan directed on plants, even better if is an oscillating one

I'm curious, why you used coco fert on clay pebbles? You were using hydro? Wich kind of sistem you used?

goingrey

Hey man, just seen your job, i love the 1:1 strains of RQS even if i generally do not appreciate autos but, your plant worked good!

So sorry for mold! your can easy fix that problem placing a fan directed on plants, even better if is an oscillating one

I'm curious, why you used coco fert on clay pebbles? You were using hydro? Wich kind of sistem you used?
Thanks. I don't like using the oscillating fans in the tent but instead prefer overpowering the extraction fan. But because of being an idiot I didn't remove a dead fanleaf from inside the dense buds and that was the reason for the mold. Don't think any kind of fan would have helped, but one snip with the scissors would have... Fortunately caught it fast and didn't lose much.

I used Seramis type clay (might have even been genuine Seramis can't remember) with just a layer of the LECA clay pebbles on top in a self-watering pot with a water reservoir at the bottom. Kind of like a store bought Hempy bucket I suppose. Main reason for using coco fertilizer was that I already had the bottles hehe.. Also the biggest difference is extra calmag in the coco formula which some say is also beneficial for LED lighting.

Fallocefalo

420club
Mold don't like fan too 😁
A good ventilation in flowering phase should always be included to prevent mold, air extraction usually is not enough in the thick foliage

However the result is great! Waiting for next run!

goingrey

Cutting off nasty looking leaves will also help with that thick foliage hehe.

But next time I will hopefully keep the leaves happier. For some reason (the Cheese lineage maybe) I was convinced it would do well with a heavy regimen but in retrospect a light "sativa feed" would have been better.

aliceklar

Have to give some of RQS' photo CBD-rich strains a go too.
Nice grow GG!

I've grown and enjoyed both Medical Mass and Dance World from RQS. Dance World in particular was a lovely smoke, delicious terps (from the Blueberry and Sour Diesel ancestry, I guess?), and a kind, motivational high that lived up to the name - great for physical activities like dancing. Royal Highness is in my current grow, and has performed really well. I'll post a smoke report once she's cut and cured.

goingrey

Nice grow GG!

I've grown and enjoyed both Medical Mass and Dance World from RQS. Dance World in particular was a lovely smoke, delicious terps (from the Blueberry and Sour Diesel ancestry, I guess?), and a kind, motivational high that lived up to the name - great for physical activities like dancing. Royal Highness is in my current grow, and has performed really well. I'll post a smoke report once she's cut and cured.
Thanks! Yeah the Dance World sounds fantastic, I think that's the one I'll try (first).

Fallocefalo

420club
Bought some Painkiller strain seeds from RQS, really exited to try them! Got an idea to try to extract some flowers in olive oil for a massage oil for fibromyalgia, do someome know have some recipe or scintific research?

goingrey

Bought some Painkiller strain seeds from RQS, really exited to try them! Got an idea to try to extract some flowers in olive oil for a massage oil for fibromyalgia, do someome know have some recipe or scintific research?
Nice! Please let us know how it turns out.

There seems to be quite a bit of science on cannabis for fibromyalgia internally, but less so topically.

I have used this recipe before: https://www.icmag.com/threads/cannabis-cream-topical-recipe.18012403/

It is based on coconut oil instead of olive oil. Olive oil might be better though from what I understand, passes the skin better. Similar process should work well: buds in the oil for an hour in the oven at 220f (104c), then strain. The leftover weed comes out totally spent.

Cuddles

Nice! Please let us know how it turns out.

There seems to be quite a bit of science on cannabis for fibromyalgia internally, but less so topically.

I have used this recipe before: https://www.icmag.com/threads/cannabis-cream-topical-recipe.18012403/

It is based on coconut oil instead of olive oil. Olive oil might be better though from what I understand, passes the skin better. Similar process should work well: buds in the oil for an hour in the oven at 220f (104c), then strain. The leftover weed comes out totally spent.
I actually prefer emu oil as this oil is absorbed better by the skin. But sadly it´s not what you can call a low-cost option :(
Emu oil , believe it or not, is best absorbed by the skin when the skin is still a little damp from showering for example.
It can also be taken orally and it´s very healthy and has several benefits.
But as i said it´s pretty dear -this even includes the inferior american emu oil

However olive and coconut oil can obviously be ingested too. There was a time when I used up loads of coconut oil in the kitchen,lol.
But of these two optionsI would go with coconut too. :)

Thanks for the link to the recipe thread! although the first post doesn´t mention to freeze the plant material beforehand. But it still seems to work anyway :)

Fallocefalo

420club
Guess you can extract cannabinoids and terps directly into the oil or make a frost alcohol extraction to remove some waxes

I actually prefer emu oil as this oil is absorbed better by the skin. But sadly it´s not what you can call a low-cost option :(
Emu oil , believe it or not, is best absorbed by the skin when the skin is still a little damp from showering for example.
But as i said it´s pretty dear -this even includes the inferior american emu oil
It's quite easyer for me to get a nice olive oil in italy, even because looking for massage i need the skin is slippery for a good time and maybe it's better if the skin absorption is not so fast to combine both cannabinoids and mechanical effect of the deep tissue massage.
There are also more standard procedures with olive oils on researches here..

Of course i'll be happy to share my process here ...maybe i'm going to open a new thread to not add too much Off Topic contents here (sorru guys)

Have many doubts about dosage... how much oil to use? What's the right percentage of thc and cbd? Timing in effects? And many more... Have to study so much about

Cuddles

Guess you can extract cannabinoids and terps directly into the oil or make a frost alcohol extraction to remove some waxes

It's quite easyer for me to get a nice olive oil in italy, even because looking for massage i need the skin is slippery for a good time and maybe it's better if the skin absorption is not so fast to combine both cannabinoids and mechanical effect of the deep tissue massage.
There are also more standard procedures with olive oils on researches here..

Of course i'll be happy to share my process here ...maybe i'm going to open a new thread to not add too much Off Topic contents here (sorru guys)

Have many doubts about dosage... how much oil to use? What's the right percentage of thc and cbd? Timing in effects? And many more... Have to study so much about
I didn´t realize that you´re using it for actual massages. I just assumed you want to apply it to the affected areas and up and go.
I´m currently getting physio treatment and the masseur used some `massage lotion´ (no cannabis,in it obviously ,lol)
Being in Italy you can probably get great quality oil for a lower price than I can!

Starting an individual thread where this topic can be discussed is a great idea - so please do :cool:

goingrey

However olive and coconut oil can obviously be ingested too. There was a time when I used up loads of coconut oil in the kitchen,lol.
But of these two optionsI would go with coconut too. :)

Thanks for the link to the recipe thread! although the first post doesn´t mention to freeze the plant material beforehand. But it still seems to work anyway :)
Emu oil, wow. I was going to ask if it's made from the bird as a joke.. but turns out it actually is. :D