What's new

Farmerlion's; Just A Grow, Ya Know

Nannymouse

Took me a long time to figure out that if a person likes to vape, by the time that the cure is three months, many of the flavors are long gone. It is fun to vape often, over time, just to taste what others are missing, ha.

Fresh freezing (and vac seal?) keeps the delicate flavors for longer, so i've read. Pop them out of the freezer and they can be very close to fresh. (What a catastrophe if the power goes out for very long in the summer, tho)

If smoking, i suppose that the cure is important. That is the way of tobacco products. Curing extends the life of the material, in non-frozen environments, in the sense that it doesn't rot/mold before use. I think that this is more for the sake of the herbal part that isn't trichomes.

Then there is the cob cure for chewers. yum.

so, probably 'to cure or not' and 'how long' probably depends on 'use' as well as personal preferences.

Farmerlion, i'm glad that you got a harvest this year! Must have been very disheartening to tear it all down, last year. So much work and time.

RDeee

Hey Farmerlion,

I read through your thread and found it interesting. At one point you listed 5 different doctors that you studied which led to your methods. I’m having difficulty finding any scientific studies or articles mentioning fungal repositories or how to create them in container gardening. I was hoping you could share some of these studies since I really enjoy reading this type of research.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hey Farmerlion,

I read through your thread and found it interesting. At one point you listed 5 different doctors that you studied which led to your methods. I’m having difficulty finding any scientific studies or articles mentioning fungal repositories or how to create them in container gardening. I was hoping you could share some of these studies since I really enjoy reading this type of research.
RDeee, the Fungal Repositories is my creation, it was a culmination of what I had studied and I took parts from several doctors works and combined them to benefit in my growing environmental conditions.

These methods work universally, indoors, outdoors and in greenhouses. Bigger containers/grow bags or in rich soils in the ground, not clay based. Will be very productive and expressive. In the Advanced Techniques and Sciences I have a thread called Making Marijuana Great Again. On the first page there is some posts that need expanded and are full of technical studies that I posted. What and why they work. How Tea's really work etc. If you want to learn that is a great place to go.
Thank you for stopping by my thread RDeee.
Peace farmerlion

ZomVee

RDeee, the Fungal Repositories is my creation, it was a culmination of what I had studied and I took parts from several doctors works and combined them to benefit in my growing environmental conditions.

These methods work universally, indoors, outdoors and in greenhouses. Bigger containers/grow bags or in rich soils in the ground, not clay based. Will be very productive and expressive. In the Advanced Techniques and Sciences I have a thread called Making Marijuana Great Again. On the first page there is some posts that need expanded and are full of technical studies that I posted. What and why they work. How Tea's really work etc. If you want to learn that is a great place to go.
Peace farmerlion
Do you follow Chris Trump at all? He's all about Natural Farming, collecting IMOs for high fungal composting.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Do you follow Chris Trump at all? He's all about Natural Farming, collecting IMOs for high fungal composting.
I've left this post up long enough for people to see I was wrong. I also wanted people to see how I handled being in the wrong. I did Pm Zomvee and apologize personally. That isn't the man that I am and when I drop the ball I can't help myself from kicking the ball out of bounds for good measure.

Zomvee, I don't follow anybody on social media, I struggle here with family from time to time.
Peace brother
farmerlion

Last edited:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
@Nannymouse I don't disagree with you on anything you said, I was wrong plain and simple. Of course I had a reason at the time but I'm not going to spell it out as it was the emotional trigger at that time. I should have put my phone down and taken a deep breath.

@ZomVee my apologies to you, I'm sorry, I was wrong. Nannymouse I appreciate and respect you for calling me out. I need to be held accountable and you did, Thank you 😊
I only consider Facebook and Twitter as social media. YouTube and cannabis sites are internet platforms for teaching. 120 or 140 characters gives no foundation for anything certainly not intelligent communication that I obviously failed at in the middle of the night.
Peace farmerlion

ZomVee

I don't know what happened, but it's no big deal.

I'm a new member who just jumped in, because farmerlion's threads are the most interesting to me. I want to work with fungal networks in soil, I love growing fig trees in San Diego, but I'll be moving to Appalachia. My name's Tom. It's just when someone mentions Elaine Ingham and nurturing fungi in soil, I get all excited!

Hopefully I don't stir anymore negativity, but no promises, I'm opinionated myself, but I'm totally willing to let things go and if you'll have me, learn the system of fungal repositories.

Thanks @Nannymouse for reaching out and @farmerlion

RDeee

Peace farmerlion
Right on. I was hoping to read some white papers. Did I just miss them? I did open up those expanded posts. I’m thinking now that I should read more about mesophilic composting since this is what is occurring within the container?

Your method does seem to resemble bokashi and KNF. I guess the big difference may be aerobic vs. anaerobic or fermentation vs non fermented. Other than smell is there a way you determine whether your process is aerobic? I’m curious as to why one process is better than the other? Thanks!

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If smoking, i suppose that the cure is important. That is the way of tobacco products. Curing
Into extractions after I make my harvest …when I do it fresh it has the appearance that people like but the effects are significantly different than if you let the material cure before you do the extraction ,which is the way that I prefer to do it ..it’s a better ”effect” imho …

Bio boy

I'm trying to dry one of each as they come ready to harvest. I want to find the best smoke first and give some buds out to friends. The Blue Thai x Purpura Regina is coming on strong but I'm not expecting sunshine until Tuesday and Wednesday. It might be to little to late? She/they certainly are not ready to come down yet so the Chess match continues.

I brought the top 3' of the Baglung Nepalese inside to dry in a more controlled environment. I might bring in the rest depending how these go through tomorrow afternoon. If I can get them ready for Mason jars within a day or two I will be happy.

My friends aren't strangers to the curing process and everybody has a personal preference. I think 3 months is just getting started and others have empty jars by then. The extended forecast is for 3 more days of rain.

I won't move plants in the rain, but I don't have anything that will be ready to harvest by then anyways. The Blue Thai buds are filling out quickly and feel pretty dense. They're about 50/50 Blue Thai and Purpura Regina. The Purpura Regina is about 30% Thai Genetics and the Blue Thai is 50% Thai genetics. This doesn't make 80% this gives you a good 40% or 4 out of 10 plants. The three I have are very homogeneous in structure and expression.

My hash machine will get one more coat of Flex-Seal tomorrow and it will be ready to go. I'm anxious to try the Mother of Pearl. I should have brought in the top couple feet of that plant as well. I have several deer out eating corn I just put out. All the mommas bring their babies down to my place as it has been a nursery for over a decade for the little ones. They are safe from bow and gun hunters here.

I will post more soon.
Peace farmerlion
How do you cure ? Anything I jar up seems to be loosing smell by 3month n tastes crap I found I like it 2week after harvest and smoke til next is done

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello friends,
It's been a while. I was struggling emotionally, New York Life has been withholding my benefits payments for 8 months now. Between being very sore and mad as hell at them, it spilled over into my everyday life and I failed myself.
I still haven't been paid but refocused and I'm in a better place emotionally. Here is a few pictures from the greenhouse. I defoliated the plants that had pistils starting to die back three days ago, that was the last time any of the girls were watered as well.

I have I think 7 plants left to harvest after tonight's harvesting. They're Blue Thai x Purpura Regina and Auto Zamaldelica x Highland Nepalese. These take after the Zamali genetics more and will come down within the next few days weather depending.

Today was multiple Lebanese x Auto Malawi plants and hung in the drying room. I will take more pictures tomorrow.
20231011_164826.jpg
20231011_164817.jpg
20231011_164803.jpg
20231011_164748.jpg
20231011_164725.jpg
20231011_164623.jpg

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
I bought down all the Blue Thai x Purpura Regina and most of the Auto Zamaldelica x Highland Nepalese. I brought them inside to have an even drying of humidity and temperature. I have one large plant left that I will harvest tomorrow.
Peace farmerlion
20231012_142413.jpg
20231012_142359.jpg
20231012_135859.jpg

right

Hello FarmerLion very nice looking plants!
I'm interested in hearing about how your prosses works regarding the pineapple.
Does this bring up the ph if so how do you handle it. This is above my pay grade. Haha

Bio boy

So fam I am in veg and I have sick plants too from overwatering a friend did , I just harvested beetroot and potatoes so threw 3 small Potatoes and 1 beetroot with leaf in blender filled up with ro water and some lab and mollasses ,
What do I do next haha
I have fungal I noculated soil and I have worms in post

Latest posts

Latest posts