What's new

Farmerlion's; Just A Grow, Ya Know

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello friends, it's overcast and 72 today. I just came back from filling with lake water again. I took some pictures so I'll post them up. This first group of five is from my Baglung Nepalese female that is seeded from my Mother of Pearl male P1f2. I'm very eager to try a couple of these new f1's next season.

I'm going to add the last of my Purple Mexican and the last of my Peyote Purple both from CBG, CANNABIOGEN from breeder Charlie Garcia. I do have 2 or 3 seeds of his Destroyer left as well.

While it's not a true reproduction of his amazing works. I'm an outdoor greenhouse grower and I have to select towards my growing environment. I can't overstate how important the addition of Mother of Pearl is to making Sativa dominant early flowering, earlier finishing landrace type geographically acclimated genetics.

I have now doubt that these crosses will be every bit as spectacular being grown indoors.
Peace farmerlion

20230909_150504.jpg
20230909_150532.jpg
20230909_150548.jpg
20230909_150611.jpg
20230909_150624.jpg

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello again friends,
While the above post from my Baglung female isn't a frost monster as some judge quality of cannabis, unfortunately. I prefer to wait until after curing and sampling a few grams stirred into a cup of yogurt.

Myself am not impressed with a single bud shot and placing the value of a body of work by one bud shot. I prefer whole plant shots because there is no hiding from the information a whole plant picture can share if you are looking.

There's no hiding plant structure, node separation and overall plant production when you show the whole plant. I don't sell seeds but I like the accountability of proving what I say about my plants isn't a bunch of smoke and mirrors.
Peace farmerlion

20230909_150953.jpg
20230909_150912.jpg
20230909_150849.jpg
20230909_150812.jpg
20230909_150711.jpg

vermontman

Hello again friends,
While the above post from my Baglung female isn't a frost monster as some judge quality of cannabis, unfortunately. I prefer to wait until after curing and sampling a few grams stirred into a cup of yogurt.

Myself am not impressed with a single bud shot and placing the value of a body of work by one bud shot. I prefer whole plant shots because there is no hiding from the information a whole plant picture can share if you are looking.

There's no hiding plant structure, node separation and overall plant production when you show the whole plant. I don't sell seeds but I like the accountability of proving what I say about my plants isn't a bunch of smoke and mirrors.
Peace farmerlion

View attachment 18888299 View attachment 18888300 View attachment 18888301 View attachment 18888302 View attachment 18888303
Looks great to me. Is this Baglung Nepali from the Blue Hemp Line?

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Myself am not impressed with a single bud shot and placing the value of a body of work by one bud shot. I prefer whole plant shots because there is no hiding from the information a whole plant picture can share if you are looking
Yes …when displaying plants you need close-ups of the flowers and you also need the entire structure of the plant..

Nannymouse

One of my pet peeves, and i see it in the veggie and flower catalog world, too...at first glance, it might look like several pics, but really is just different distance 'close ups' of the same shot. Then no 'full plant' pic, and maybe not even a height/growth blurb. That painting, 'The Scream' comes to mind.

Nannymouse

Oh, i forgot to ask...Farmerlion, did you guys notice a huge increase in the population of toads?

This area had a good toad year, i guess. Some of the neighbors noticed this, too. Was trying not to step on them, out in the yard. Anyway, i've noticed not so many damn crickets, this year, too. So, i was wondering how a person could put them to work in a greenhouse or closet/tent.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey don’t mind me bullshitting with you but I have to say I definitely noticed an enormous increase in the amount of toads out there this year because of all the precipitation there’s a lot of insects there’s a lot of food for the toads lotta reproduction also they do lie in the lawn unfortunately hope I don’t kill too many of them when I’m out there walking around

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
The market is always chasing and trying to label the next Holy Grail of genetics (as far as sales goes) When we really just want the truth of what we can expect from a certain strain.

Truth being, that many growers and growing environments lack the preparations and foundational skills to ever experience a truly great flowering plant. Maybe that's why so many people chase hype? Oh' that's what I'm missing, not the fact they have done nothing to improve their knowledge base...

Flower~power you are right, we need both types of pictures to make an informed decision, while seeking the knowledge to know we are making a good decision for our growing environments.

Have a beautiful day my friends, I'm just heading out to open up the greenhouse for today. It's cool, raining and overcast. Tomorrow I should see the sun again.
Peace farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Oh, i forgot to ask...Farmerlion, did you guys notice a huge increase in the population of toads?

This area had a good toad year, i guess. Some of the neighbors noticed this, too. Was trying not to step on them, out in the yard. Anyway, i've noticed not so many damn crickets, this year, too. So, i was wondering how a person could put them to work in a greenhouse or closet/tent.
I did pick up two of them and put them in the top of a 45 gallon grow bag. Anything that eats bugs I'm all about.
I didn't have a bug problem at all but I'm still adding every spider I find to the greenhouse.
Peace farmerlion

EnjoyingLife

What a morning! Good day my Ace family, I hope you are all doing well.

Some friends made a beautiful donation to my Cancer Charity and I had some butter made from a Highland Nepalese Grape of @vermontman Green Mountain Seeds. Wow, wow, wow! I forgota great high. I have some very thick Cherry preserves type stuff that I mixed 50/50% with my butter I had made. I used that on top of some large link pork and venison sausage. I was so consumed by the great flavor, I forgot how potent that shit is.

Kudos to Green Mountain Seeds for their magic they share. I can't wait to sample my one and only Baglung Nepalese female this winter. Seeded with that Badass male Mother of Pearl it should Scream like Dio. I can justify running a whole greenhouse of just that.

I'll know much more after sampling the seeded female. She's starting to look pretty good through the loupe. I hope it magnifies what's going on deeper into flowering. She reminds me of the CBG Destroyer from Charlie. The aeromatics and structure are so similar as to how my 2018/2019 Destroyer ladies turned out. Have a wonderful day.
Peace farmerlion View attachment 18878003
Talk to me more about that Destroyer run

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Talk to me more about that Destroyer run
EnjoyingLife,
Many of us thought it would never end and always be available. I mean it's Destroyer, It's Peyote Purple, it's Purple Mexican all from Charlie Garcia and CBG. Another work I'm adding in because of it's greatness and is no longer available is the Amazing Blue Thai from Dinafem. A few years ago when they started in litigation, I bought every pack I could get my hands on.

Glad I did now, and through a friend that crossed a Phitsanulok Thai to Oregon Kid's Ogers Kush a recessive genetics anomaly happened that a very early flowering Thai dominant hybrid was produced. I did a P1f2 reproduction this season with those parental donors. These are the same donors I'm going to make hybrids of Charlie's amazing genetics.

There's some very cool discussions taking place right now behind the scenes with vendors, new vendors and ownership/management here at the mag. I hope we can imagine the greatest of possibilities for our community.

EnjoyingLife I'm limited to one natural light cycle grow per season. I have to be very deliberate and focused on my goals. Growing certainly throws in it's share of What If's? Opportunities mid grow as what happened this season with the two volunteer Mother of Pearl plants /seeds from last season that didn't germinate in the time frame needed.

With the Mother of Pearl x Baglung Nepalese female I'm more excited than ever about going forward with 5 genetic lines that are going to be incredible. I am working with others on new formats and opportunities to make our home here hands down the best resource on the planet for cannabis equipment, supplies and knowledge pertaining to cannabis.

Now that my charity has wrapped up this is the direction and goals for my growing and reproductions of Old School genetics.
Peace farmerlion

vermontman

Yes it is my friend.
Peace farmerlion
Hey there farmerlion, you are obviously a very accomplished and dedicated grower. Be curious to here about your experience with Baglung Nepali. I don't know how much you have worked with her, but I happen to love what she brings to the breeder table of cannabis. But even on her own as a pure line she is pretty special IMHO.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hey there farmerlion, you are obviously a very accomplished and dedicated grower. Be curious to here about your experience with Baglung Nepali. I don't know how much you have worked with her, but I happen to love what she brings to the breeder table of cannabis. But even on her own as a pure line she is pretty special IMHO.
@vermontman
I have my go to butter that is your Grape phenotype of Highland Nepalese, It's honestly my favorite .

Researching your works and use of Baglung Nepalese made me very curious as I'm a Landrace/Geographical Specific fan first and foremost before any hyped name of a hybrid of a hybrid of a hybrid that relies on name recognition to validate it's worth.

When Highland Nepalese is grown out by talented growers it moves to the top of the Holy Shit I never knew this weed was so bad ass, status immediately. So my friend I thank you for the inspiration and confirmation of such a great resource.

I have spent time in conversations with the guy who did the last reproduction for Blue Hemp of this line. 💙 The few seeds I have are cherished. While the current cross I'm making will be a rabbit hole of many trips in and out for sure.
Nothing but great appreciation and respect for your selections my friend.
Peace farmerlion