What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Farmerlion's Greenhouse learning experiments.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
JULY 4th

JULY 4th

Here is a couple other plants that I haven't shown yet in this thread. I had started them later and waited for them to catch up and join the party.

This a Lebanese x Erdpurt.

On the left is the Bubba Kush x PCK. The plant on the right is a
(Purple Malawi x PCK#47)x Purple Nepjam. This girl has some vigor. She is two weeks behind the Bubba Kush x PCK. I'm anxious to see her enter flowering.

Here's another door shot. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Clear skies and lots of sunshine today. My Kushes and Cheese crosses will be loving the pure golden light.
Flowering is just around the corner. These ladies are bushing out big time. My testers had a tour yesterday, all were amazed at how much flowering the Auto Malawi x Northern lights had done already. All the plants have had three feedings with the Alaskan Morebloom added to the regular feedings.

I have been or trying to feed 50ml of Leonardite Source plus, 200ml of Neptunes fish and seaweed every other day. There are still a few ladybugs wandering around the greenhouse. I'm hoping to have the weekend off, maybe I will have time for another update.
Peace

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Excellent farmerlion :)

Really excited to see the progresses of your greenhouse. Your greenhouse looks very tidy and well organized this season, plants as healthy as they can be ... i can really feel all the hard job behind such beautiful garden, well done friend! ;)

The Auto Malawi x NLs F4 are working very well and should reach their peak of flowering soon, really nice Malawi sativa phenos you have there. Thanks for your interest in exploring this F4 (non release yet) generation. :yes:

Very interesting the Bangi Haze x Nepal Jam and Nepal Jam x Bangi Haze comparison, they look quite similar at this point, with stronger stalks and structure than Bangi Haze or most Nepal Jams.

The Bubba Kush x PCK is a real hashplant beauty, more on the afghani side than the paki.

The lebaneses are also a pleasure to watch, really beautiful growth, tall, vigorous and with strong branching, showing her true sativa essence. Are you sure you want to pollinate the whole greenhouse with lebanese pollen ? I have no doubts there's huge potential with the lebanese hybrids but you will end up with enough seeds to full up your greenhouse for decades! Maybe you can consider to isolate the male outside the greenhouse and collect its pollen to pollinate a few branches of your favorite females of other strains, in that way you will produce enough seeds to test the potential of your lebanese hybrids, and at the same time most of the harvest will remain sinsemilla, and you and your beloved ones will be able to enjoy seedless flowers from so many different interesting strains at the end of season.

The first ErdPurt looks like classic inbred ErdPurt but the second one is showing leaf traits that i wouldn't expect from this strain. We will see how both develop later.

The Lebanese x ErdPurt looks lovely as well! Clearly very ErdPurt dominant, but much more vigorous than 'pure' ErdPurt.

Wish you and yours had a lovely 4th of June :) Have a great weekend too!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Dubi, I could and might change my mind 50 times before the rest show pistils. I'm just so wiped out from working around the clock for 2 1/2 months now. I'm more trying to justify 6 hours of sleep versus 4 or 5. Less maintenance, to be honest.

If I get a day or two off, I may have a different perspective. I do agree with you, pollinating a branch or two would achieve my same goals.
I have more seeds now than I will ever grow out. Adding thousands more just means I have to buy a bigger refrigerator to store them in.
I hope you all have a great weekend.
Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Syd, it's always great to see you my friend. I will Pm you later to get your opinion on something.
Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Ok, so I made a decision regarding a seed run this season. This morning I culled both Lebanese male plants.
I will be able to see how seeds mature through the Auto Malawi x Northern lights. It should have picked up some pollen in the last week. I will let the buds flower longer to ensure mature seed production.

The balance of the lineup will remain seed free. I will now focus on providing the best I can bud development.
Thanks Dubi for the challenge to pause and reconsider motives. This will help with much needed rest. I will do some updates in the morning.
Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
July 8th Updates

July 8th Updates

Hello All,
Here is another picture blast from the greenhouse. The weather has been much better here the last couple days. Yesterday was very hot and the girls were ready for their evening watering.
Now that I have culled the Lebanese males. I would like to have the Original Glue transplanted into the greenhouse. I won't as I don't need any outside critters coming in and causing problems with an infestation of some kind. So it will stay outside and finish as best it can.

This is my Blue Thai

This is my Original Glue

My Crazy horse cross from a few years ago.

Erdpurt #2

Erdpurt #1 The bugs have been a little hard on this one. She does get good sunshine in the afternoon, but in the morning she is shaded for a while. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
July 8th

July 8th

Purple Malawi/PCK#47 x Purple Nepjam

Now single planted Lebanese female after the male was culled yesterday.

Bubba Kush x PCK

Purple Nepjam x Bangi Haze

EDY
Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
July 8th

July 8th

These are the two Auto Malawi x Northern Lights f4 plants. A few different shots of some of the buds. These may have been pollinated by the two Lebanese males I culled. Time will tell?
I will let them go through final harvest of other plants if I see seeded pods. I will be able to see how well seeds mature in the greenhouse. It shouldn't be an issue if they were covered this early in the season. Peace

ULMW

Looking good Farmer Lion! Nice healthy plants! Pray you are well and family too. Happy growing!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
July 8th

July 8th

The two Early Bubba Hash plants. I think these girls would be much happier single planted. I will do that next season if I have them in the line up again. The Peyote Purple is much happier this season in single bags.

This is the Peyote Purple

The NYCD

My Blueberry
I can tell the aromas are picking up some. My allergies have been so bad I can't really enjoy it as much as I would like.
Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
July 8th

July 8th

ULMW, Thanks for your kind words and wishes. Much love to you and your family my friend. Peace

Here is a new door shot into greenhouse.

A female Lebanese enjoying the sun.

My Lebanese x Erdpurt she is coming along quickly now.

This is the Panama D/C trifoliate. She is very stout, strong and healthy. Her soil must be a good mixture, She has never drooped wanting water yet. Some of my other soil mixes drain a little quicker. After a drink the girls perk right back up again. They may get a little stressed when I'm working very long days, but great genetics recover well. Thanks Dubi! Peace :tiphat:

Azeotrope

Veteran
You have a very green thumb for sure! Your plants look healthy and wonderful. Thanks for sharing with all of us.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Azeotrope, thank you for your kind words and coming by to visit this thread. I've had a rare two days off and am trying to get caught up on updates. I still haven't done notes yet but they may get pushed off until later. I'm just going to enjoy a day of fun in the greenhouse. I hope you have a great week my friend. Peace

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
You have a very green thumb for sure! Your plants look healthy and wonderful. Thanks for sharing with all of us.

I couldn't agree more! :yes:

farmerlion, your smaller plants are twice the size of mine... I have a lot to learn still. :tiphat:

I wonder, how do you water? how much does a girl like this drink daily? how to keep the pot humidity-wise?

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Repuk, thank you for your kind words my friend.

I believe the type of pot has a lot to do with this. I have tried many different types of containers over the years. The Root Pouch , Boxer Brown type of bags are the most efficient and forgiving that I've used. Not saying others are bad...

These work well for me. I try and water for 1/2 a day that the plant will use. Weather depending for the next 12 hours. First watering at Odark30 in the morning. An average day for me is 14 to 16 hours before I'm home to water again. I try and do a light watering in the evening getting the sides and outer edges of the bag.

In the morning I try for an even saturation again, considering expected temperatures. When I'm off a day or two. I check the plants often for usage. Today I have watered twice and will give a light watering again before I go to bed.
Tomorrow is supposed to be hot. I will water fairly heavy again. I don't have a very good crew tomorrow so it might be a longer day before I'm home to water again.

Also the bags I know I'm going to double plant in. I make the soil heavier using less shagnum peet. 30% is my max for peet, any more and I have issues all summer with wilting plants. The soil just doesn't retain the moisture needed to cover my work shifts.

In a way I'm my own worst enemy. I have a lot of airflow that makes keeping optimal soil moisture a challenge. But minimal airflow creates more problems than just a thirsty plant for a few hours. Aces strong genetics cover up a lot of my short comings as a grower. Thanks Dubi

Anyway Repuk that's what I do and try to be consistent with. That's why the thread is named learning experiments...lol. I have screwed up many times, I'm still trying to build a better mouse trap. Have a great week my friend. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Repuk, by the way I water with a two gallon garden sprinkler galvanized container. The morning watering I do four plants per filling. In the evening I do about six plants depending on if any are wilting or not. My outside plants use less water than the greenhouse plants do. But the outside temperatures are lower than the greenhouse temps are.
Peace brother

Nup

Thanks for all the updates! What a green house you have going, I find myself string at the photos just like when stumbling across your 2017 grow.

Mad to see the growth between the photos from the 4th & 8th of July. Rockets!
Must smell super in there when you open the door.

Happy & safe growing.

Last edited:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Thanks Nup, my daughter and her girlfriend are coming out today. I'm sure they will hang out in there for a while. Might have to get them sleeping bags and a pillow �� peace

Latest posts

Latest posts