What's new

farmerlions first greenhouse grow

unnamedmike

very nice work, im subbed for the show ! We have similar tastes, i love Mexican varieties, especially acapulco golden.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
9-16-17 update.

9-16-17 update.

This is the Guawi, I love the aroma from this one. Truly an honor to have these in the greenhouse.
This Golden Tiger is from the same seed batch as my GT from last season. The plants are vastly different from each other with the environmental change.
This is the China Yunnan. It came up a double meristem plant. The right stem has a very nice burgundy color on the stalk, branches and stems. The left stalk is green and so are all the branches.
This is the smallest child in the family. The New Malawi Killer. She is sharing a 45 gallon root pouch bag with the China Yunnan. She has about a month yet of vegetative growth before natural flowering starts.
The Zamaldelica x Kali China. This lady can drink up some water. I did get a larger fan to give all the girls better airflow. These plants are in the corner of the greenhouse. Air movement is limited by the time it gets here.
Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
9-16-17 update

9-16-17 update

The Purple Mexican, An aromatic joy.
Destroyer, One Thai and one Colombian red genotype.
The Michoacán Cream, Looking forward to flowering. (The great unknown).
The Queen Mother, another pleasure to have and watch mature.
These are the Orient Express x NepJam. Other than water these plants just grow and do their thing. A very easy strain to grow and enjoy.
Peace

Ncali

Veteran
As good as the Oaxacan looks, that Acapulco Gold looks very impressive :good: Thanks for keeping the regular updates, watching your green thumb at work is quite enjoyable.

Hope you have a plan for all that bud!

:tiphat:
NC

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
7-16-17 update conclusion.

7-16-17 update conclusion.

Right side of greenhouse.
Middle of greenhouse.
Left side of greenhouse.
A couple of lady bugs enjoying a vacation in Angola. I released 2,000 of them earlier this week. I didn't have any noticeable bug issues. I just wanted to add a little insurance with lady bugs and lace wings. Most of them have moved off to forage else where. Going to join some friends down at the lake and enjoy a beautiful day. I will do notes later and second watering of the day. Dubi had mentioned the feeding needs of different strains in his last post here. I have laminated recipe cards that are color coded. Each color has a different and similar feeding needs as other plants. So feeding is really easy. I feed green labels, yellow labels and orange labels. Today they received their third feeding. The feedings are very light ones at that. My goal isn't to nuke them for quantity. Just trying to refine my skills and learn these plants. I feel quantity is best gained through planting one more seed. I hope you all have a great week and happy growing. :tiphat: Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Ncali, Thanks for stopping in again my friend. A plan for the bud? Well I have to get it to that point first. My time to get the furnace installed is coming quickly. I will need to increase the number of curing jars dramatically. I may come up with a few different drying procedures / times ect. To see what works best over all. I can use my old indoor grow room as a drying room. I have a few electric heaters and smaller fans to keep the air moving and it's totally dark in there.
When everything has had a three month cure. I will start giving it out to testers to do smoke reports with. I don't smoke or sale so in the end. It will all be given away to those who need it or as presents. Peace

orfeas

Veteran
hey, farmer, it's getting bushy in there...so nice and clean, almost sterilised reminding me of a clinic cannaward...as if I have seen one... :biggrin:
man, it's going to be a LOT of work at the end of the day, you sure gonna need help...unless you get sometime off... :biggrin:

:tiphat:orf

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Orfeas, Yes it is filling in quickly. I have to be careful walking through with the water can. I'm more like a bull in a china shop by nature. I misted heavily this morning before I watered. With each 5 gallon container of water I carried in. I now have muddy foot
prints all over the place to clean up in the morning. I will sweep then vacuum around all grow bags and tiles. Thank you for stopping by my friend. Have a great day! I was just checking out your outdoor grow. Very nice, Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Samuel Caldwell, Badfishy1, Samuel, I wish I had a better sense of smell. After my bike wreck I feel I have lost 80 to 85% of my sense of smell. Many foods are only a texture you are chewing without the aroma to compliment your taste buds. Often when I describe what I smell is equine. But I do stop and check the open range horses for cuts when I see any close to the road. Like rubbing a plant stock I guess, It stays with you for a while.
Badfishy1, Welcome to this thread and Ace seeds in general. Thanks for stopping by. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Gry, Thank you for taking the time to view it from the start. I really enjoy all aspects of growing. There is nothing cool about building a greenhouse and showing construction pictures. I'm sure many people look at the first page and say Where's the big buds at? I'm outta here! To me growing is an entire experience not just the end result.
I will certainly try my best not to disappoint the fans of bud shots either. Peace

Badfishy1

Personally, I think smell is the toughest sense to use to describe things. I was reading a thread last night where people were trying to debate the smell of OG kush and trying to validate certain cuts on smell alone. I think that since smell is such a complex sense, with undertones and overtones and the receptors we use to process said info, there is a lot of ambiguity. Not sure if this is a good example, but a dog for instance will smell EVERY ingredient in chili where humans may only smell either chili as a whole or the paprika or chili powder or the onions... sorry for my ramble

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
I have trouble describing scents, too. I do notice how the various fragrances in weed have changed over the years and miss those piney scents I used to get in 70's 80's homegrown.

PS, another bike crash survivor. Woman turned her car onto the bike path instead of the car lane. I went right through the windshield. They had to tow the car away.

orfeas

Veteran
I have trouble describing scents, too. I do notice how the various fragrances in weed have changed over the years and miss those piney scents I used to get in 70's 80's homegrown.

PS, another bike crash survivor. Woman turned her car onto the bike path instead of the car lane. I went right through the windshield. They had to tow the car away.

My Karoulia IBLs give out that particular piney scent... :)

What sort of bike are you riding, mate? Your accident reminds me of that of a friend of mine who literally rammed a car into two pieces...yet that was a Kawasaki 1000 J in a Martin frame :biggrin:

:tiphat:Orfeas

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
July 21st updates

July 21st updates

It has been a busy hot week. My parenting and attentiveness to the girls needs was less than loving. Where I used to be worried about them. I now know they will be fine, just a little pissed. They get over it quickly.
This is a unique 16 leaf bract from my Purple Mexican. It is the only one like it on the plant.
This is my Golden Tiger.
The China Yunnan.
This is the smallest and newest plant. New Malawi Killer.
Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
July 21st Updates

July 21st Updates

Oaxacan.
This is the Purple Malawi fem.
Angola x Kali China.
This is the Lilly x MaPettit.
Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
More pics July 21st

More pics July 21st

These are both pictures of the NepJam x Kali China. They both have some really nice color (meristem, branches, stems and leaf veins). I took several hours of notes today starting early this morning with a cup of coffee. It was a beautiful morning (calm) then it rained like hell and hailed for a few minutes. Within half an hour it was dry again.
Peyote Purple The plant on the right has been a challenge to keep healthy let alone happy. But she keeps growing in her dysfunctional way. This is the Kali China x Malawi. These plants take the heat and just smile at you. Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts