What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

farmerlions first greenhouse grow

deepwaterdude

That there's the real deal, farmerlion, well done;) It looks like there's some serious jarring to be done in the near future. Very nice to follow along to such a nice conclusion.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
DeepWaterDude, So far there is 18 half gallon and 7 Qt. jars full. Momma is picking up a few more cases tomorrow. There is easily twice that to go. I had my ass kicked just sitting at the table trimming two separate times. I have two jobs tomorrow so I'm taking tonight off. I give my favorite tester (daughter) three half gallon jars for HALLOWEEN. She should be invisible by now. Have a great and safe time trick or treating my friends. Peace

ULMW

Hey all, Here is some pictures of the girls drying. I have the Angola x Kali China separated and in curing jars already.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73203&pictureid=1795898&thumb=1]View Image[/url] Back row of hanging plants.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73203&pictureid=1795894&thumb=1]View Image[/url] Second row of hanging plants.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73203&pictureid=1795893&thumb=1]View Image[/url] Another group of plants.
Some more.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73203&pictureid=1795892&thumb=1]View Image[/url] Some more.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73203&pictureid=1795891&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
Some may be ready before the football games start tomorrow. I will do final trimmings and start breaking up branches for the curing jars. Peace

:woohoo:!!! Way to Go FarmerLion !!! Congrats on your magnificent harvest!!! :)

DeepWaterDude, So far there is 18 half gallon and 7 Qt. jars full. Momma is picking up a few more cases tomorrow. There is easily twice that to go. I had my ass kicked just sitting at the table trimming two separate times. I have two jobs tomorrow so I'm taking tonight off. I give my favorite tester (daughter) three half gallon jars for HALLOWEEN. She should be invisible by now. Have a great and safe time trick or treating my friends. Peace

Congrats on your outstanding harverst, and your more recent "Dad of the YEAR" nomination..!! :)

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
ULMW, Borderliner, Thanks for the support my friends.
Thermal Rider, you crack me up. Dad of the year. She may agree with you though.
I started trimming on the Golden Tiger last evening. Momma will have more jars for me when she gets home today. Last night the deer were looking in my kitchen window at me. Hey dude where's our trimmings? I love the furry kids. Have a great day my friends. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Michoacan Cream Plant #1

Michoacan Cream Plant #1

Hello all, I had some time while separating buds, branches and leaves. I don't do a real fine manicure on the buds. I feel it helps protect the bud through curing. Since I give it away anyway, whomever ends up with it can do as they please. This Michoacán Cream plant was pretty average among it's siblings in the greenhouse this season. Certainly there was plants that produced more like the (Guwai, Oaxacan, Orient Express x NepJam, Lilly x MaPettit and the Malawi pink hair x MaPettit. Here is a couple pictures of one of the Michoacán Cream's.

I hope you all have a great weekend. Please keep in mind this was my first run in a greenhouse. The genetics I ran this past season are all capable of better results. I will fine tune efforts for next season as my abilities allow. I didn't have any real high expectations going into this grow. I'm very happy with the end results. Ace and their vendors have great genetics. It has been an honor for me to grow them out. Peace

ULMW

Greetings and glad tidings good brother Farmer Lion and Lion Pride (Fams)
Whata joy to behold! Macka ting! Blessed harvest and fruits full up to burst from ya arms. God has blessed you and your community for all your hard work and toils. Rightfully so ! Always a joy to read and see your labor of love. Thanks for sharing and for caring. Walk good my friend. You setting a great example.
I just ketching a whiff of the Guawi, fresh like fruity forest strawberries upto a kind of apricot peachy aroma which am not familiar with herbs smelling of but the Malawi resin combo is just making this like the best juicy fruit chewing gum terpenes I have encountered. How was yours?
Peace and Happy Harvest!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Mr. Revolution, Thank you for your kind words and vibe my friend.

ULMW, enjoy the Golden Tiger! Sorry I can't help out with exact aromas. I have a very limited sense of smell (head injury) wear your helmets when riding motorcycles. I dropped off 22 jars with some testers yesterday. When I get some feedback from them I will let you know what they thought. I'm having them help with some curing this year.
I'm going to do a couple stinky strains next season so I may be able to pick up the scent from some of them. Enjoy your harvest my friend! Much love and prayers from my family to yours. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Harvest,Canning, Curing.

Harvest,Canning, Curing.

Well my friends in the last two weeks I've gained a lot of respect for the people who trim buds all day long. I have the largest two plants yet to do. The Guawi and the Oaxacan. I'm down to 13 half gallon jars left and it's going to be close. I've been blessed to give out 20 jars so far. I didn't count what I have now but It will all find a home over the next couple of months.

I wish you all the best in growing and in your harvests. I've been going through my seed inventory trying to figure out, What The Hell am I going to do next season? I was hoping to run several of the CBD releases from Ace. It sounds like they may not reach final testing expectations by my spring planting dates of germination. That is the way it should be and one of the many reasons we all love Ace genetics. It's done right! Thank you Ace. I'm leaning towards dusting off some (Cheeses, Sour Diesels, Blue Berries, Erdpurt, PCK x Malawi, Peyote Purple, Purple Mexican, Edy, Gorilla Glue, Upstream, Zamal Hash Plant and one or two others). These all fit well into a 9 week or shorter flowering time. I will have a few that go 10 weeks but I don't want to push the boundaries. That I know my grow environment has. I will be running mostly feminized seeds again. I'm kicking around the idea of selecting one male and doing a cross with all the other genetics. A Purple PCK x Malawi male or a Original Sour Diesel male could make for years of surprises and fun. If only as a small side project. My passion firmly lies in helping people get the best grown medical genetics I can produce. That will come through Ace. Peace :tiphat:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great run! Hope you save some buds for yourself and are able to smoke some. If you freeze them they will last years.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
I appreciate the kind thoughts yesum. I'm not in a position to smoke and enjoy the girls. I will someday but not yet. I'm saving the Angola x Kali China for that celebration. Have a great weekend. Peace

Shooters

Last year I was still trimming my harvest in Jan of this year, so I opted for less plants and a more diverse line-up so they wouldn't all finish at once. That is why I jumped on the Auto Malawi and grew those through the summer in front of the big screen of green that was the PCK x Kali China. I'm sure you will find a balance too!!

PS: That is quite the hoard of curing jars!! Congrats!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hey Shooters, I just finished the last plant. Everything is in jars now. It's a very busy couple of weeks but even though I complain some. It's a good busy. I'm seriously considering cutting down on plant numbers next season. One observation I did notice a difference in was. When double planting in the root pouch grow bags. When two plants were planted closer to each other in center of bag.(3" to 4" apart) One plant would become dominant. When planted 10" to 12" apart both plants grew naturally and both equally well. This was done in a small sampling but it was very consistent.

Queen Mother smoke report, ? Kind of but not really.
My tester has a format I've asked her to follow. Her and her girlfriend thought about it after several hits from the vaporizer. Report as follows,
Queen Mother, What a cool name! It didn't make us anxious, or tired but a super chill kind of high. Very functional but we didn't do anything but chill and laugh a lot. We liked it a lot. What a cool name, How much more do you have?....Ok, I'll get back with you later. Have fun girls.
So number of hits, onset time, duration, flavors were all lost in translation. The end result of the vaporizer session was chicks really dig it. So if you know any chicks and you want them to dig you. Grow out some Queen Mother and share it freely.
Have a great week my friends. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Kaskadian, Aridbud. Thanks guys for stopping by and your kind words. I haven't heard back from anyone yet with smoke reports. I'm in the process of deciding on next years line up, plant count ect. I have revised my list several times and I'm still overplanting and then some. I can't get past the idea of doing a cross. I'm more curious to see how well pollen would disburse naturally, without hand pollination. My daughter would really like some Peyote Purple crosses. Expanding my skillsets and doing my first reverse of a female intrigues me. My thoughts if your not learning, your not really growing. Peace

G

Hey FL! I am of the impression that Peyote Purple is an s1 seedline (although listed as regular with female to male ratio close to 10:1).I wouldn't reverse this one personally,I would flip another girl and hit her with pollen (considering vigour issues).Or maybe it wouldn't matter since outcrossing and not selfing.But I would like to know,too,pretty clueless...

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats farmerlion on a another great harvest, friend! :huggg:
So happy to see the jars and pantry full to the top! :D

It's not easy to attend properly so many different genetics being grown at the same time, with different feeding requirements, flowering times, and overall different needs, i'm sure it has been a challenging experiece, but i'm so glad you made it! :) I'm sure you learnt a lot.

Really curious to know which strains are the favorite between your beloved ones, and which ones did you enjoy more as a grower.
A big hug! ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts