What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

farmerlions first greenhouse grow

Shooters

It is Crop-tober after all!! I pulled my Peyote Purple this last week, finished it all yesterday. My PCK x KC is probably next in a week or so, then the rest.

gorilla ganja

Plants look beautiful famerlion. I think you did a fantastic job this season.

All the hard work shows. Look forward to your final thoughts on the different strains and how they worked out for you.

Peace GG

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Shooters, I have to check your smoke reports when all is cured. Your plants looked very nice. I hope they serve you well in the coming months.

gorilla ganja, Thank you my friend for your kind words. I don't have a job for tomorrow. So I will spend several hours out with the girls trimming off fan leaves. It will take a while to do all of the plants. I prefer to trim while the plants are standing. They're more supported naturally, and being alive you don't loose as many calyx's trimming as when dry and hanging. I don't trim off the sugar leaves either for the same reason. I feel it helps protect the buds during drying. Like little shock absorbers all around the buds. When I'm gently stirring buds in the curing jars when airing them out. I feel they are more protected versus fully trimmed buds.
While trimming tomorrow I will have time to take mental notes as well and consider genetics. While I love the 12 to 16 week genetics. I honestly can't do them real justice. To no fault of genetics or skillsets for the most part. My environment just isn't conducive to many genetics. I could go to a blackout system but it would have to be automated to work in my world. I've spent almost $9000 this year for greenhouse, soils, propane, ect. Though next season will be considerably cheaper. Just buying more soil, nutrients and propane in fall. I still have to install the actual furnace in the spring. But that is mostly labor on a day off. I'm going to try and keep all flowering times of genetics to 11 weeks at most. 8 to 10 weeks appears to be the sweet spot. That does leave a lot of genetics out. It will be fun running some shorter flowering genetics. I would think many of the new CBD genetics Ace is working on will work very well in my greenhouse. I will certainly be getting at least one pack of each offered.
Genetic selection for next season is going to be a real bitch! In my 35 gallon root pouches I'm only going to run one plant per pouch. I would like to say the same for the 45gallon pouches. I know me, I will have two plants in each pouch. Mostly because I won't be able to leave out some genetics. I have all winter to torment myself, with what will I run next season? I wish you all a great week and happy growing. Peace

G

Hey FL!Even taken a little early ,I bet your plants would knock out most of the weed in your region,given their genetics and the care and love you provided.:)
Fantastic journal ,looking forward for harvest pics!

You should look into the hybrids .Orient express,nep jam,banghi haze,Kali China ,violeta and the black domina and bubba crosses seem great and fast.Maybe you could try some autos,too.Also some of the new sativa x nepjam and pck crosses could work out...

Something tells me though that you gonna install the light dep system anyways :biggrin:

Cheers brother!

I pulled my Peyote Purple this last week, finished it all yesterday.
Pics or didn't happen :biggrin: Would love to see her,it is one of the most beautiful plants for me aesthetically speaking,haven't tried it yet.

ULMW

Greetings FarmerLion! Congratulations on reaching harvest. Wonderful works and a great experience. Thank you for sharing and for spreading all the knowledge with so many photos. God Bless You and Your Family Along With Your Harvest!!!

Shooters

Pics or didn't happen :biggrin: Would love to see her,it is one of the most beautiful plants for me aesthetically speaking,haven't tried it yet.

picture.php

Of course it happened... :laughing:

Peyote stem on the right, notice that I had to tie the branches to the main stem to keep them from breaking off with just leaf weight, the buds only made this more necessary. Left is my golden road looking good if a little hungry.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hey Syd, I don't want to do light dep. I haven't left to go see any family all summer. Staying home to water each day. The family would really be pissed if I never showed up again. Like milk cows or a news paper route, you never get a day off.

ULMW, Thank you for your kind words. I've been working in the greenhouse trimming all day. Just come in to check on a seed order at Ace.

Shooters, your plants look beautiful. I'm hoping to have more sunshine next season. I'm sure it would've given more weight to all my plants. It's a beautiful sunny day here today. The next couple of days are to be sunny as well. Hoping for some more crystals to develop. Bring on the frosted nugs. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
24 down 8 to go.

24 down 8 to go.

Harvest is going...and going... and going. I had to call it a day, I can't stand and trim anymore. The last 8 are ready to chop in the morning and hang in the drying room. Actually my old indoor grow room is almost full. I'm hanging the last girls in another area to dry. I could fit them all in but wouldn't have enough room for air flow if crammed together tightly. All in all I did have a pretty good time today enjoying the girls company. A little on the remorseful side, knowing the season has come to an end. Winter is setting in and my thoughts are refining next seasons grow already. Contemplating genetics to grow out, should I do a cross that intrigues me?
For now It's time to dry and cure what has been produced. Impatient testers are already wanting samples. (Really?!) Some people F...ing amaze me. Like we spend months growing so we can hand out our work long before it's close to ready. If I smoked I may see it differently.
Finally, I would like to thank Ace and their vendors for the great genetics. It's been an honor to grow them out. The weather could have helped with some sunshine in September. I felt the genetics shined in some adverse conditions. Not to mention the grower that created some nutrient deficiencies during the grow. The plants quickly recovered when nutrients were increased. I will put up a few pictures tomorrow. I probably won't be posting a lot until the plants are cured. I will then get smoke reports from my testers and update then. Peace :tiphat:

Congratulations FL on your harvest and good luck on determining next years lineup. It was a pleasure watching this grow and thanks for inviting us in to view.

Wishing your trimming fingers a much deserved break/relief in a few days... Looking forward to your smoke reports..!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello all, long day at work. No pictures yet, looking to be a busy week. I was hoping to run several of the Ace CBD crosses next season. Talking with dubi they may not be refined enough by spring. Certainly worth the wait. I will be running several Indica dominate genetics. A lot from Ace and their vendors. I have several diesel, cheeses and crosses of the two. I'm thinking of a male NYC Diesel or a Sour Diesel or Chiesel . Crosses with a myriad of females like. Zamal Hash Plant, Peyote Purple, Kali China, Ace mix and China Yunnan. Spend a season playing then jump on the CBD genetics the following year. For now it's just a ponderance. But I like to ponder. I would also like to grow the most stinky plants on the planet. Aroma isn't an issue 30 miles from civilization. I wish you all the best. Peace

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
FL why not throw a light up and do one or two indoors to keep you company this winter. Very cheap with the screw in LEDs...

Shooters, is your PCK x KC slower to finish than some others? Mine is very sativa looking and is weeks behind most everything else.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Texas Tea, I will wait for spring. I don't have a good indoor area to grow anyway. Not a heated one. Working outside all winter kicks my ass anyway. When I'm off I'm under a blanket doing nothing, getting warm. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Harvested girls

Harvested girls

Hey all, Here is some pictures of the girls drying. I have the Angola x Kali China separated and in curing jars already.
Back row of hanging plants.
Second row of hanging plants.
Another group of plants.
Some more.
Some more.

Some may be ready before the football games start tomorrow. I will do final trimmings and start breaking up branches for the curing jars. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
One more

One more

I hope you all have a great weekend. I will start doing smoke reports after a few weeks of curing. Peace :tiphat:

G

Congrats on the harvest and the end of growing season :woohoo:
This was a fantastic journal ,from building the greenhouse ,to sacrificing to the ganja gods,to growing and harvesting. Thanks a lot for the great journey you let us have with you brother.

Peace :tiphat:

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Lovely sight and stellar results FL. :)

Very interested to hear smoke report on Angolia x KC. Especially would like to know how it is compares to straight KC if you or your testers have sampled both.

Shooters

Shooters, is your PCK x KC slower to finish than some others? Mine is very sativa looking and is weeks behind most everything else.

Yeah mine is quite slow as was last years but at least it has strong resistance to mold and PM. I'll be harvesting mine this next week along with the Shooters' Dubi.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Syd, nksv, Yesum, Texas Tea, Thank you brothers for your kind words. Truly appreciated! I sure enjoy everyone on this forum. I must admit I'm already surprised at the amount of jars filled. Of coarse the smaller plants dry out quicker. While most were at least double planted per root pouch and looked larger than individual plants. I have filled 11 1/2 gallon jars and 4 qt. jars so far. I haven't even made a dent in overall quantity. I haven't scaled anything yet but I'm sure there is well over a pound so far. It will continue to lose weight as moisture dissipates during cure. I brought another 6 plants inside to dry a little quicker. No job for tomorrow so I will have a full day to trim and jar up more buds. I will put up a picture or two as I'm working with the girls. I hope you all have a great week! Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts