What's new

Farm Life With Snype!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snype

Veteran
These next pictures are of my BYTCH X Sour Diesel IBL. They were geminated at the same time as my other seedlings but they are bigger than all of the others. The other good thing is that they all look exactly the same so far! I chose 3 specific Sour Diesel IBL males when I made this cross and all the males looked exactly the same. We will see what these plants will turn into. The goal is to find the right male from this batch to BX to BYTCH to try and get BYTCH in seed form. Hopefully I can work it all out.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Snype

Veteran
The F13 F2's are more sensitive than all of the other seedlings which I expected. You can already see some minor problems. It's not really a big deal but we will see how they progress in time. Eventually I will begin my F13 thread when they are further along. Until then, here's a few pics:
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Snype

Veteran
And last but not least, my favorite seedlings in the group because of what I may find! J1 (Mass Electric):
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

That's all for now. Smoke well!

Snype

Veteran
I smoke trees all day long. From the minute that I wake up until I go to sleep. If I wake up in my sleep, I will usually reach for the bong. I'm becoming more familiar with my pheno's enough to know what I want to be smoking. Here is my current list of what I enjoy smoking the most. It'll be interesting to see how this list changes through time.

1. KK StarDawg
2. Mass StarDawg (StarDawg#6)
3. The White
4. BYTCH
5. StarDawg #9
6. Motorbreath #6
7. ICE

I haven't added Illuminati to the list yet but I'm sure it will be in the top 3. I'm very spoiled right now when it comes to smoking. I can't be more happy about it. I'm still missing those trippy sativa's though. That's what I hope to find. Hopefully something good pops up in the F13's but I'm many months away from finding out.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
POST #666 - hope your not superstitious :laughing:

Great line up! GL with the Bytch project to get her in seed form. I would love to grow out the Bytch. She looks tasty with a big yield to boot.
I just germinated feminized (clone only)ECSD x (clone only)OGKush(r)
Really sensitive girls. They burned abit but hopefully will come back around.
Next seed I plant of her will be in Light Warrior instead of FFOF.

B

BredForMeds

looking great man.. great work all around .. cant wait to see more.. and im kinda weird about testers lol.. I don't pull a single bud off to test.. I test everything after dry.. before the cure.. and after the cure.. but this has come from experience.. ive pulled samples off a week early and hated it .. tasted like crap.. didn't get me half as high ..as the buds did after the super slow dry.. if I don't have weed to smoke that's one thing.. but even then.. taking samples is a waste of buds.

Snype

Veteran
It's not hard to wonder why I have so much stress in my life. Plants will do that when operations are full time jobs with tons of work. It's becoming very obvious that most people are not built to be their own bosses. No matter who that I train, the easiest shit gets slacked on. What I can't stand most is when plants are bone dry in the VEG room. That means that no one took care of their responsibilities. I always tell people that the VEG room is the most important room in the house. Without a healthy veg room, flowering rooms don't exist. No matter how many times that I say that, nothing happens. Some people like to water plants and then let the plant sit in it's own run-off. Others just don't even like to water or water when they feel like it. I always tell my people not to hand weigh pots because you don't know how to. Instead use a scale. All the weights are written down for anyone who is dealing with the VEG room. But what happens, no scale gets used. To a lot of people, a grow is just another headache to someone instead of a great thing that would change your life. I've only met 1 other person in my life that takes this job as serious as me. It's pretty sad.

doneit

Veteran
Surely your not just realizing this?!

I dealt with that shit for 12 yrs on a REAL big opp.. fukcen dummies is all i can say! lol

sahdgrower

i had to close my business because I couldn't find competent employees to hire and I couldn't do everything myself. Employees suck... not worth the headache.

hup234

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i had to close my business because I couldn't find competent employees to hire and I couldn't do everything myself. Employees suck... not worth the headache.

you couldn't find competent people for what you could afford to pay...not a viable business

sahdgrower

you couldn't find competent people for what you could afford to pay...not a viable business

The trouble wasn't with the pay or the viability of the biz. The trouble is people who don't think, and claim they have skills that they really don't. I can only go so far to verify the claims of potential employees and I can only spend so much time babysitting to make sure they are doing what I ask and how I ask before I throw a blanket statement out there. I suppose I should stress this is my experience only. Problem is I think people who are employees/renters and not employers/homeowners have a distorted sense of entitlement and also lean towards the idea that since it is not their business and they don't earn the profits (only wages) that they don't need to try hard. I have heard way more victims of society talk come from workers than owners (hehe just realized that hear I am crying victim of society as I call others the same name!)

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's not hard to wonder why I have so much stress in my life. Plants will do that when operations are full time jobs with tons of work. It's becoming very obvious that most people are not built to be their own bosses. No matter who that I train, the easiest shit gets slacked on. What I can't stand most is when plants are bone dry in the VEG room. That means that no one took care of their responsibilities. I always tell people that the VEG room is the most important room in the house. Without a healthy veg room, flowering rooms don't exist. No matter how many times that I say that, nothing happens. Some people like to water plants and then let the plant sit in it's own run-off. Others just don't even like to water or water when they feel like it. I always tell my people not to hand weigh pots because you don't know how to. Instead use a scale. All the weights are written down for anyone who is dealing with the VEG room. But what happens, no scale gets used. To a lot of people, a grow is just another headache to someone instead of a great thing that would change your life. I've only met 1 other person in my life that takes this job as serious as me. It's pretty sad.

WRT to employees and work life today... I go over this stuff alot in my head. When I start to feel the "these kids today!.." ideas start popping in my head I really wonder if this isn't just my age and brain functions changing (dare I say maturing? nah, I daren't.. ;) ) And I think it is, sure the current last couple of crops of kid generations are definitely slackers. But I wonder if I wouldn't have been viewed the same way had I not went in the military after school and stayed in college instead. ? Nah, I don't think so either. I would have turned into a good worker one way or the other. I was raised to be a good worker. Not anticipating a need for a tool and have it ready to hand to my father could draw some serious ire. Yeah, I was raised to know how to work and to value the act of work. Not that I don't f* off also, but I have a sincere work mindset when I'm at it and I wish more people had the same bearing. We could get lots more shit done ya?

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
yea the work ethic of my generation really sucks ...ive had plenty of friends want me to teach them to grow then when I show them the right way they cant take it and always want to cut corners ......Because of this I am not teaching anyone to grow anymore all of what I have learned over the years will be passed on to my son when he becomes old enough. It's really a shame because I cant seem to find a partner that's willing to document steps and details like I do ...makes me wonder how the grow scene will be once the old heads die off smh

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i have no problem with the youth of today....as long as they stay out of my yard!
todays kids simply live in a different world than us cranky oldsters did,the average smart phone is probably more powerful than the entire computer lab when i went to college back in the 80's,why bother to remember anything when the sum total of all human knowledge is at your fingertips? why work when you can simply task some clever machines to do it for you?

dont get me wrong,they are still a pack of shiftless lazy punks....but im assuming that like my generation when we were accused of being shiftless lazy punks we just didnt care,and neither do they....

Hank Hemp

Veteran
Old folks always get on young folks. Cause they need it. How else the lazyasses going to learn anything. You've got to remember they weren't raised by "the greatest generation". Greatest generation of asses.

Snype

Veteran
This work thing has nothing to do with age. Some of the newer workers are in their 60's and they are just as bad as younger workers. That's all I can say without having additional problems.

It really comes down to what's important in life. The first thing that I do when I wake up is go right to the VEG rooms. I don't eat until my important work is done. My main focus is my work. Other people's main focus seems to be themselves. People say they want to take some stress away from me to heal my eye so they will do the work. Sometimes the work gets done and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes plants are sitting in water and sometimes plants go bone dry when I'm not doing the work. It's completely unacceptable. It actually causes me more stress instead of less stress. So now all the rooms are back into my hands because I actually care about the plants 365 days a year. All it takes is 1 day of slacking to fuck everything up and that's what ends up happening with other workers. Age has nothing to do with it but younger people seem to feel more entitled to things without putting in 100% effort. I'm not hear to tell everybody what they are doing right. I'm here to tell people when they fucked up. You can do all the things right most of the time and fuck up the whole VEG room in 1 day. I hear shit like, "I did so much" and stuff like that but in reality they ended up fucking up some things in the process. It really doesn't matter how much you do if you fuck something up in the process. People got excuses for everything. I mean who can't put a pot on a scale and weigh it to see if it needs to be watered? It's pretty fucking easy.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
maybe your work ethic will ruboff on your help lol ...if it's one thing I've learned about growing is the corners cut are the grams lost; but only you as the owner/manager of the op can see the downward trend of your harvest. they figure the with all the grams you have amassed and all the work you put in that its time to cruise but they'll learn from you taking back control good thing your doing it early and not letting things slide .All things in all though SNYPE I want you to take your health serious that's the most important thing :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.