What's new

Farm Life With Snype!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snype

Veteran
Snypette brought some of the buds from the last tent crop from a few months ago. The buds have been curing for over 2 months in jars. They are very flavorful. The quality seems much higher than normal. I'm trying to eliminate some MOMs. I don't see why I would need 4 pheno's of StarDawg unless they were all very different. Some of them are very different though but I still don't have a feel for all of them. It's obvious that the StarDawg's need a long cure. I don't know how long but I can see that 2 months seems pretty perfect for what I'm currently smoking. The past few days has been all about StarDawg#6. Her traits are more similar to KK StarDawg and they both don't really smell like ChemD and seem to have some hint of wood with undertones of sweet. The KK smells and looks pretty similar. The KK took a while to get her flavor and I still have a good amount of 2 month cured KK in a jar.

The StarDawg #9 is that rancid smell of rotting meat with maybe a little fuel in there. Maybe there's a musk to it as well. The smell is very powerful. She takes the earliest to finish out of all of the StarDawgs and finishes within 60 days while the others take 65-70 days, including Illuminati StarDawg which I haven't sampled yet but she seems very nice from how she looks. I've had some #9 in a jar for maybe a couple of weeks now and I can tell she has a long way to go to get some flavor out of her so I'll have to try her again in 2 weeks to see.

I'm excited to say that the new tent crop pulled almost 2 pounds which I really didn't expect. I had 13 plants in the tent which included:

3 StarDawg#6
2 Motorbreath#6
1 StarDawg#9
1 KK StarDawg
2 White
2 Illuninati StarDawg
2 Ice

The biggest yielders in the tent were StarDawg#6's and The White were the lowest yielders only producing slightly over 1.5 oz each. I'm positive that "WD-40 and OWL were mislabeled and they were both actually The White. They were both picked at 58-60 days and look amazing. I know they were need a long cure though so it will be a while before I sample her. Illuminati's are still in the tent almost finished and they look like good yielders but take up more space than my other StarDawgs similar to my BYTCH. Motorbreath#6 and StarDawg#9 are similar to ChemD and both have a similar smell to them. I can't speak for Illuminati yet.

This new tent crop is a rare harvest that is easily in my top 5 of all time in terms of connoisseur grade cannabis once the cure is finished. I don't think I'll be able to accomplish this again until next winter but I could be wrong. The cold makes it much more easy for me to get this quality but it is hard to get to these temperatures when I'm not in the winter months. The White really changed smells. At first around 30 days in she smelled like tangerines/Citrus and at the very end of flowering she completely changed. She reminds me of a crop that I pulled in 1998 of a G13xHash Plant that I was running in soil. That pheno that I had back then reminds me of TheWhite in terms of her bud structure and some of her smells. She looked finished when she was in the mid 40's of flowering and could possibly have some Hash Plant in her.

It's going to be very hard to have to eliminate some of these StarDawgs. They all seem special in their own way. It would be easy if one of them doesn't pass the flavor test but from what I'm seeing so far, they seem to have loads of flavor after a long cure. I've been testing these phenos out in a new 21" Roor with 2 percolator chambers. I'm pretty happy with the purchase. I'll take some pictures and give more details of each pheno after the cure.

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
im sorry for your eye bro, lots of good things coming out from your project, lots of knoledge for all ic fellaw that want take care of it .. educations,
thanks for share bro, sharing is caring
be safe and strong
ps: those rdwc nuggs scare me lol

Snype

Veteran
I hope clarence gets tha goods posted soon.....wasted half a day hitting f5.

Don't worry. I will make a post before anything would get listed to let you guys know and I'm sure Clarence would give you guys a heads up after that. If this first release goes well, I will be sending more seed so please don't worry if you don't win any of the auctions. Some of the releases are more limited because I'm running low on certain stock. For this specific release to the server fund, I think that $30 would be a good donation for 15 seeds. Don't expect any other information to be released until around Valentines day. Thanks for your interest but don't feel the need to sit around because we are still weeks away from anything happening.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Best of luck with your eye situation bro. I had physical manifestations of stress for years that I did not know were from stress & anxiety... finally had to seek help 'cause my body was giving out too and take a med... that led to even more bad shit and I suffered extreme toxicity to it... I'm still not sure that that med did not permanently fuck me up...

Anyway, stay cool my friend.

EDIT: eventually found the right people though and that helped tremendously. I still have periods where life & work stresses impact my abilities and performance - but overall things improved for me after a while. I'm a type A+ highly driven/successful type also.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
The white looks great bro. good numbers too from 2kw. I am late to the party but looks like you got a nice spot hope you are able to enjoy it for many yrs

Snype

Veteran
StarDawg#9 - Curing in a jar for just over 2 weeks. You can tell by her taste that she is not ready but her flavor is just starting to come in.
picture.php

Motorbreath#6 - Curing in a jar for 2 weeks. Her flavors have really come in at this point but she should get much better in the next 2 weeks. At this stage she seems ready to start smoking:
picture.php

romuros

Hi

Hi

Hi

I am just enjoying reading your posts and can't believe that community is about to lose one of biggest contributor.
I am in middle of building 3 rdwc 10 plant system’s using your tutorial but have some trouble since i am from EU and grow shops sucks here.
Well i have manage to complete shopping for part list so now i am getting to start put all together.
I am currently running ebb'n'flow in 5 gal buckets but decided to go with RDWC since your tutorial is so good that it will be shame not to try.
I don't have time to write a grow diary but if i have any god stuff to show when i will get first harvest i will post it.
Hope you will heal your eyes and we can learn so much more from you.
Regards

Snype

Veteran
Illuminati StarDawg - Day 65 Flower
This StarDawg smells more than all of the others. The smells are simply amazing! This StarDawg also looks like it will yield more than all of my other StarDawgs. Seems to have a similar smell to Diesels and Chems. I can't see how I am going to eliminate any of these StarDawg. They all seem so special in their own way. Anyway here are some pics:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Snype

Veteran
The White - Chopped between 58-60 Days. Going into jars to begin curing for the next 2 months:
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

theHIGHlander

european ganja growers
Veteran
Nice nugg shots man....man I can't wait for my crop to be ready..looking in hear don't help, seeing nuggs like that is going to drive me insane wait for some good smoke of mine

K+
Highlander

I better go spread some rep so I can't leave some good vibes

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The pics of the pre-cured White above are sweet as can be. Makes me smile thinking about those little buds sitting nicely away in your ball jars for two months, getting a breath or two every once and a while, and then back into the jar to harmonize for a while longer....

anticipation, eh? i bet.

Snype

Veteran
We've been doing smoke tests on some 2+ month cured. It's all so good that it's hard to say what is better. So far it seems that Motorbreath#6 and StarDawg#9 may be more daytime and Motorbreath#6 may be more potent than StarDawg#9. When we tested the uncured White, one of our friends was like "Wow" that's the one. But then we got to cured KK StarDawg and they were all like that's the best one. But then we smoked StarDawg #6 and got the same reaction as KK. They all seem so good in their own way and it's hard to say what is better. I have been writing down notes of all the real details of what's going on in the smoke tests but when it's concluded I will make a full post about it with pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.