1 x StarDawg#9: 57 Grams
3 x Mass StarDawg: 214 Grams
2 x Motorbreath#6: 116 Grams
1 x KK StarDawg: 61 Grams
2 x White: 84 Grams
2 x ICE: 99 Grams
2 x Illuminati StarDawg: 123 Grams

Total Yield: 754 Grams.

The light in the tent was set to 750 watts for the first 6 weeks and was lowered to 600 watts for the rest of the time. Not bad for one of my top grade harvests of all time! In my market this grade is over 5k a P! :)

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
oh i hear yah,i havent had a proper vacation in 2+ years,the best i can do is overnight trips so luckily theres plenty to do within a days riding.but so far being here every single day to tend the garden has had provable results,i already know fucking around however fun it may be gets you nowhere,taking care of shit gets you where ever you want to go...

but yah gotta find a balance,i ride bikes,i dont even own a car so if i want to go someplace i typically ride there...if i didnt have that outlet then just tending the garden would make me crazy,or if i only had the mj garden,but since i have a veggie garden,a desert plant landscape,houseplants and a huge cactus collection it keeps me engaged in the mj garden,which is the easiest to deal with really...i have the mj garden so that i have the freedom to just hop on my bike and ride every single day,otherwise its just a job in a way...

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
oh i hear yah,i havent had a proper vacation in 2+ years,the best i can do is overnight trips so luckily theres plenty to do within a days riding.but so far being here every single day to tend the garden has had provable results,i already know fucking around however fun it may be gets you nowhere,taking care of shit gets you where ever you want to go...

QUOTE]

yea im actually new to being a full time grower also .its really good for the garden but now I realize I don't have any hobbies other than growing lol ,might have to go grab me a bike and get my UNC on lol:biggrin:

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
The numbers on the Tent Crop are finally in:

1 x StarDawg#9: 57 Grams
3 x Mass StarDawg: 214 Grams
2 x Motorbreath#6: 116 Grams
1 x KK StarDawg: 61 Grams
2 x White: 84 Grams
2 x ICE: 99 Grams
2 x Illuminati StarDawg: 123 Grams

Total Yield: 754 Grams.

The light in the tent was set to 750 watts for the first 6 weeks and was lowered to 600 watts for the rest of the time. Not bad for one of my top grade harvests of all time! In my market this grade is over 5k a P! :)
good shit SNYPE what's going down next round

Snype

Veteran
Regarding ICE:
I've smelled the smell on ICE many times in the past. Most smells that I smell, I've smelled before in other grows in the past. It is rare for me to see a new smell. The ICE smell reminds me of an LSD and Williams Wonder that I ran. It's hard to describe the smell. Every plant in my past that smelled like this, I got rid of pretty fast. This one may be different though. The taste is nothing like the smell which was weird to me but enjoyable and potent. I'll have more to say about this as time goes on but maybe ICE will work it's way up the list.

good shit SNYPE what's going down next round

The next tent round is already weeks into flowering. It's all White's and ICE's and 1 Mass StarDawg.

Snype

Veteran
I bet you feel like a kid in a candy store after a harvest like that :huggg:

I do! :) I'm debating on keeping the whole crop to myself but 6 Gold Eagles are also tempting and there's also a lot of construction that has to be done at the other farm that's probably going to cost around 50k to finish. Tough decisions to make but other hydro crops to harvest as well to think about.

sahdgrower

Hard choices to make. I traded the bulk of my outdoor crop to get my indoor setup going. Even the single ounce of Thin Mints I grew. Should be worth it as I am growing some connoiseur grade strain this time around. Won't yield the best but should pack a punch.

Snype I wanted to tell you to that I am enjoying great success with your cloning techniques. In the past I have struggled with this but I took cuts on the 28th and out of 10 at least 6 have roots growing out of the rockwool cube. The first had roots in 9 days and today is day 12. Even though I wasn't able to be as meticulous as you are or as I will be in the future. Plus the others I expect to see roots any minute, fully anticipating 10/10 rooting within 2 weeks. Good lookin out buddy! Was wondering if you think speed of rooting is any indication to the plants future success/quality/vigor. 3 out of the 6 rooted were from the same plant and the only 3 I took from her. One of them was the first to root and is already starting to burst with roots.

Snype

Veteran
Hard choices to make. I traded the bulk of my outdoor crop to get my indoor setup going. Even the single ounce of Thin Mints I grew. Should be worth it as I am growing some connoiseur grade strain this time around. Won't yield the best but should pack a punch.

Snype I wanted to tell you to that I am enjoying great success with your cloning techniques. In the past I have struggled with this but I took cuts on the 28th and out of 10 at least 6 have roots growing out of the rockwool cube. The first had roots in 9 days and today is day 12. Even though I wasn't able to be as meticulous as you are or as I will be in the future. Plus the others I expect to see roots any minute, fully anticipating 10/10 rooting within 2 weeks. Good lookin out buddy! Was wondering if you think speed of rooting is any indication to the plants future success/quality/vigor. 3 out of the 6 rooted were from the same plant and the only 3 I took from her. One of them was the first to root and is already starting to burst with roots.

Glad that my information is helping you. That's why I'm here. Speed of rooting doesn't really mean that plant will be vigorous in the future but the transition will be faster in those examples. Vigor has more to do with genetics as well as health. If you have some clones that take longer to root, you don't want to transplant them right away when they grow roots. You want to nute them for at least a few days and bring them back to health before you transplant them. You may notice that when some cuttings take over 14 days to root, the leaves will start to go down hill because the plant is probably eating itself to get nutrients. In this situation I flood my cloning tray every 6-12 hours after the first signs of roots. I bring the clone back to full health before transplant.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Hey snype if I could ask a question ,,whats the deal with clones of the same strain rooted at the same time growing at different rates and showing different characteristics such as #of blades ,structure and feeding requirements.?

doneit

Veteran
Im sure the ICE will grow on you bro, give her a run or 2 to dial her in.

We recently found this year that it is a great yielder once you figure out the proper training and size requirements for each type grow style.

I am gearing up to do a 10 site 2k in 5gals of ICE bushes... hopefully i will be able to show you a couple of the things we discussed.

The single bush i just ran in a 5gal did just over 12 ounce of killer.
Im looking to dial her in a bit for your style grow, but in my own way.

The smell is very overwhelming! over powers everything except the lightning. the only problem with the Ice is it needs upwards of 70 days to finish, not a big fan of that but it is what it is.

I think you may have started flush to early on the ICE, and chopped to soon... try it my way one time bro, im sure you wont be dissapointed!

Here is a pic of the AVG sized top's from the sog experiment. I have never seen buds so dense! Killed it with absolutely no effort! lol
OH... and yes its bone dry! haha

picture.php

Peace

Snype

Veteran
Hey snype if I could ask a question ,,whats the deal with clones of the same strain rooted at the same time growing at different rates and showing different characteristics such as #of blades ,structure and feeding requirements.?

I think you mean clones from the same MOM? If that's what you mean it's a really good question. This is why a lot of people have a tough time finding the right pheno's because things can change depending on environment.

Phenotype = Genotype + Environment

In the equation above you can see that environment is the variable in the equation. As that changes, so can the phenotype. That means that other growers who are growing your pheno can have much different results. You can look at those different results in many ways, yield, leaf traits, feeding requirements, etc. That's why you really never know what you have until you run her plenty of times and take good notes.

I think what you may be personally referring to is that you have 2 clones from the same mom that have differences. You can probably see the differences in terms of growth rates and maybe bud development. I'm just guessing your situation. This could be due to different water frequencies between those plants in question, temperature difference within the canopy of both plants in question. Root development compared to water saturation between waterings.

Look at it this way, one of my friends had KK StarDawg before me and he ended up throwing it out and said it wasn't that good. For me it was top notch and if I was to show him the buds in person he would have to agree. He wasn't able to see the pheno that I was able to see because they were subjected to different conditions than my conditions. Even changing the lighting schedule can affect the pheno. I notice that my pheno's can look different depending on the flowering cycle. I usually run 12/12 but my old friend was running 11 hours of light and 13 off and his plants looked much different than mine did. That wasn't KK and was another person.

Im sure the ICE will grow on you bro, give her a run or 2 to dial her in.

We recently found this year that it is a great yielder once you figure out the proper training and size requirements for each type grow style.

I am gearing up to do a 10 site 2k in 5gals of ICE bushes... hopefully i will be able to show you a couple of the things we discussed.

The single bush i just ran in a 5gal did just over 12 ounce of killer.
Im looking to dial her in a bit for your style grow, but in my own way.

The smell is very overwhelming! over powers everything except the lightning. the only problem with the Ice is it needs upwards of 70 days to finish, not a big fan of that but it is what it is.

I think you may have started flush to early on the ICE, and chopped to soon... try it my way one time bro, im sure you wont be dissapointed!

Here is a pic of the AVG sized top's from the sog experiment. I have never seen buds so dense! Killed it with absolutely no effort! lol
OH... and yes its bone dry! haha

View Image

Peace

I did harvest the ICE on the early side of 65 days. She's defiantly fire but that smell is not marketable in my market. That's the smell that I always have tossed in the past because of it. From the way you talked about your area, it is much different than mine. It's good smoke and it is nice and potent as well but I know my market pretty well. It's good weed though and I'm going to smoking her for a while to see how I feel about her. It's hard to move other strains when I always have ChemdogDD lying around. Everyone continues to only ask for the DD by name. Even the ChemDD oil is the same way. They say, "is it the DD?". It's all my people have wanted the last few years. Sours as well. The StarDawgs have the smell that my market would like but not ICE. Over here it all seems like Chems and Diesels are still the go to strains for fast turnarounds.

Snype

Veteran

but yah gotta find a balance,i ride bikes,i dont even own a car so if i want to go someplace i typically ride there...if i didnt have that outlet then just tending the garden would make me crazy,or if i only had the mj garden,but since i have a veggie garden,a desert plant landscape,houseplants and a huge cactus collection it keeps me engaged in the mj garden,which is the easiest to deal with really...i have the mj garden so that i have the freedom to just hop on my bike and ride every single day,otherwise its just a job in a way...
I wish I could find balance but my personality seems to prevent that from happening. All that I can think about is working my ass off for the next few years and retiring.

doneit

Veteran
They get what i give em! lol

Seriously tho... my peeps really like it, its not stardawg, but close.
the key for me/us is the weight, it is business after all is said and done.

if they dont like what we have, which NEVER happens, its not like they can go to the next guy and get they're best product which is sub par to my worst, know what i mean?

Market control bro

Snype

Veteran
They get what i give em! lol

Seriously tho... my peeps really like it, its not stardawg, but close.
the key for me/us is the weight, it is business after all is said and done.

if they dont like what we have, which NEVER happens, its not like they can go to the next guy and get they're best product which is sub par to my worst, know what i mean?

Market control bro

My market is much different. If you have that attitude you go out of business very fast. Granted my product is better than what's out there on a commercial scale but my prices are also higher. The pound players in my market would rather pay less for sub par product than pay much more. Everybody and they're mom has pounds. From a business standpoint in my market, the pound players are correct in their attitude because it's all business. There's pounds of OG Kush this and that from Colorado and Cali that have bag appeal but not good flavor and decent potency going all day for 35 a pound. It's extremely hard to compete with that from the guys buying in bulk because at the end of the day the street level guys are still getting 50 an 1/8 and they aren't going to charge more. Then there's all the cali outdoor that they say is indoor because it can pass for it going for 3k. Some of it has great bag appeal. They want the cheapest thing that nets the most profits for the least amount of investment. It's simple supply and demand. I can still move small things for 500 a oz but not in weight and that's only the tent crops which is obvious that it is a better grade. There's too many other options out there in my market. Like I said everybody and their mom got p's for sale. Even on CL people are moving o'z for 225. I'm not the only guy in town like where you are. People like me are a dime a dozen. Prices for P's of Chemdog are going to go below 4k this year. It's already getting close. I'm not talking about a P or 2 a week. I'm talking when you have to move p's all the time like at least 20 a month. I've been in this market since 1991. I know it pretty well. I've seen p's go from 6k+ down to where they are now and they will go lower. All that I can do is keep expanding as prices fall to make up for it. I see my prices going to the mid 3's within the next year, maybe even lower 3's. I'm not complaining though, I can still continue to do pretty well at those prices.

Last edited:

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Over here it all seems like Chems and Diesels are still the go to strains for fast turnarounds.

Same here in the upper north east. Skunk - Haze - Diesel - Chem - OG. Thats it.
Anything else and peeps just arent interested.
I said screw it and now Im growing ECSD x OGKush. LOL
(Ill be proppin major floppies on this girl Im sure)
Ill cross that with the Chemmy Jones and there you go!
2 strains that have everything they want.
No more bitchin about the genetics not being the ones mentioned above. :biggrin:

I can see why they want the DD. The Chem family ranks as some of the strongest smoke on the planet. I have a very high tolerance and It builds up very quickly for me.
The Cheeesedog Im puffin gets me stoned everytime with little tolerance buildup. I love the Chem family for that very reason.

Last edited:

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
You may notice that when some cuttings take over 14 days to root, the leaves will start to go down hill because the plant is probably eating itself to get nutrients. In this situation I flood my cloning tray every 6-12 hours after the first signs of roots. I bring the clone back to full health before transplant.

Wow.....Thanx Snype!
I never thought to do that for stubborn clones. Great idea.
Next time I run into a longer rooting strain, Ill add nutes to the EZ-Cloner and bring the leaves back to health before T/P'ing into soil. I always let the soil put the nutes back into the plant after t/p.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
I think you mean clones from the same MOM? If that's what you mean it's a really good question. This is why a lot of people have a tough time finding the right pheno's because things can change depending on environment.

Phenotype = Genotype + Environment

In the equation above you can see that environment is the variable in the equation. As that changes, so can the phenotype. That means that other growers who are growing your pheno can have much different results. You can look at those different results in many ways, yield, leaf traits, feeding requirements, etc. That's why you really never know what you have until you run her plenty of times and take good notes.

I think what you may be personally referring to is that you have 2 clones from the same mom that have differences. You can probably see the differences in terms of growth rates and maybe bud development. I'm just guessing your situation. This could be due to different water frequencies between those plants in question, temperature difference within the canopy of both plants in question. Root development compared to water saturation between waterings.

Look at it this way, one of my friends had KK StarDawg before me and he ended up throwing it out and said it wasn't that good. For me it was top notch and if I was to show him the buds in person he would have to agree. He wasn't able to see the pheno that I was able to see because they were subjected to different conditions than my conditions. Even changing the lighting schedule can affect the pheno. I notice that my pheno's can look different depending on the flowering cycle. I usually run 12/12 but my old friend was running 11 hours of light and 13 off and his plants looked much different than mine did. That wasn't KK and was another person.

I did harvest the ICE on the early side of 65 days. She's defiantly fire but that smell is not marketable in my market. That's the smell that I always have tossed in the past because of it. From the way you talked about your area, it is much different than mine. It's good smoke and it is nice and potent as well but I know my market pretty well. It's good weed though and I'm going to smoking her for a while to see how I feel about her. It's hard to move other strains when I always have ChemdogDD lying around. Everyone continues to only ask for the DD by name. Even the ChemDD oil is the same way. They say, "is it the DD?". It's all my people have wanted the last few years. Sours as well. The StarDawgs have the smell that my market would like but not ICE. Over here it all seems like Chems and Diesels are still the go to strains for fast turnarounds.

explains a lot,, I just assumed because the cuttings were took from different spots on the plant ie. (top vs. bottom) branches that they contained different amounts of auxins in the growth tip making certain cuttings from the same MOM more bushier and some more pole like in the pic there mostly phantom cookie as you can tell some well most are growing straight up and a couple growing more branchier under the same lights ,same nutes ,same everything (sorry for the crappy pics)

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Snype - so then do you think smell trumps appearance in your market? or is it just that appearance is now taken for granted that it has to have show appeal, so that just reduces it to smell - in your market.(??) and then what about taste? would that be a lesser impact variable subordinate to smell and appearance?

Not trying to answer your question for you.. I tend to think about things from different perspectives.. or hold something constant and see what changes in my head. similar to your post above wrt the pheno equation. Its fun to have some things fixed and then have variables that you can hold constant or vary individually (or in groups if you can) and then analyze the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.