What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

F45 v3.0 "Ricky's Dope Farm"

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran

Never too late bro. Things are just getting started!

silver hawaiian

Veteran
bigger is better. Overkill is underrated. 5 discs couldn't really keep up with 435cfm.

This. I was trying to use a 5 disc'er to humidify my veg tent (35 cu ft), and also into my flower cab (72 cu).

The veg tent flows into the flower cab, which exhausts outside..

..at one point, I had the humidifier in the veg tent, with the exhaust (into the flower cab) literally inches above the fogger pan.

All the while, the flower cab is exhausting at 400cfm.

I was unable to get any (any) meaningful (+2% even) uptick in RH in the flower cab, .. And I concluded that, while I could directly jam the fog output RIGHT into the flower cab (without any of the moisture "escaping" into the veg tent), the air exchange in the room is too great for the fogger to keep up..

:shucks:

PS gettogro's fogger looks tits. How's it powered, to get the mist/vapor up & out the PVC?

Arminius

Veteran

Looks like a small fan forcing air into the tote.

D

DHF

For the record........CO2 Generators are no more than "propane or natural gas" heaters , be they room heaters or water heaters.......pure and simple.......

The Hydro Whore manufacturers have improved on the shit for grower applications and made outrageously expensive equipment with controllers and doodads to rip off folks not in the know cuz....

The "offgassing" process of said heaters produces CO2 , and the way it was discovered was back in the day when Corporate America invested in Greenhouse Hydroponic Veggie production , and.......

Outta nowhere the winter month crops that hadta be supplemented with either NG or propane heat blew up like a mofo cuz they hadta seal the structures to prevent heat loss , and in doing so since plants eat CO2 and shit Oxygen , the raised temps via the heaters gave the plants the kick in the ass to explode...... and thus........

CO2 generators were born and marketed to unsuspecting consumers as well as forming a major hydro whore equipment base for repeated sales and profits , and will till we`re gone ......

Knowledge is power.......Use it or lose it....and...there`s ways around droppin buncha cash for CO2 supplementation like GG rolls with if yas have that "DIY" thingy and brain workin.....anyways....

Peace....Freds.....:ying:.....

Arminius

Veteran

Ain't that the truth DHF! I have found myself looking at other suppliers for my needs, like a 50' roll of 1/4" tubing from Home Depot for 5 bucks. Can't remember how much I paid at the hydro whore before, but I am sure it was more. And now I find out the bastards can't even get 1/4" top hat grommets anymore, wtf?
Anyways, quick update.
Not as much progress on the rooms in the last couple of days. Personal life vetoes work sometimes...
I flipped the lights in my closet, but still need to set up the feed lines. Hand feeding for a couple days won't kill me, at least it's 10' from where I collapse for the night lol!
Made all the drip lines for the first flower room, and should be able to fire up the watering system and flip the lights by this weekend.
I have to water my clones on a daily basis, and need to really stay on top of them. I have over 100 GSC, a bakers dozen Cali O, 72 blue dragon, and 50+ hk#1 right now. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360203751.559905.jpg
Have about 200 more cuts to take to get my remaining mothers back to a manageable size. I also transplanted some of my remaining Chem's Sisters.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360203770.449395.jpg
During all this I have put Tami back in service! I have not had the ability to run her due to time constraints, but patients needs have made it a necessity. Here is a shot of a fresh run in a dish with 2 runs I made yesterday. I have a couple more runs to finish off the Chem D outs before I vacuum purge it all. Fucking Chem D reaks like nothing else! I know what you mean about that bitch DHF!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360204023.834225.jpg
Have to visit my remote site tonight, but have a big day planned tomorrow!

Yeah bro....:shooty: cant wait to see pics of that BHO when purged. Im a sucker for that stuff.......:biggrin:

Mother room is looking sick! Now I see what I've been hearing about so much. All heathy and perky bitches up in there!

talk soon

Arminius

Veteran

lookin good
:lurk:

i've been considering getting a tami for some time now....

There are definitely pros and cons on the Tami. I wish the next size wasn't so expensive. 3k more for a bit more stainless steel, but same welds and fittings is retarded.
There is also a bit of a learning curve. I lost my notes in the move, but I have it down now. Have to know about vapor lock, and pressure differentials, etc... I can definitely see why some people have had a hard time with her, I know I have...
But in ballance, I don't regret it...

Arminius

Veteran

Yeah bro....:shooty: cant wait to see pics of that BHO when purged. Im a sucker for that stuff.......:biggrin:

Mother room is looking sick! Now I see what I've been hearing about so much. All heathy and perky bitches up in there!

talk soon

It's amazing what feeding at the proper ph in coco will do. All new growth is nice and green.
The purging will start tomorrow after I run the last two ounces of chem d. Then it's time to dig into the 5+ pounds of trim I have been dragging around with me. Blue dragon oil incoming!

Arminius

Veteran

Oh yeah, brought up two more Chem's Sisters to stack on the other two when I add the top two lights...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360220627.139163.jpg
I set up the PVC loop manifold last night, just need to plumb the pump and res tomorrow...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360220694.249068.jpg

Arminius

Veteran

Apparently, whoever made the 1/4" top hat grommets have ceased to exist, so I had to go another route, which may perform better anyways.
day38
I am wondering if I even need to do a loop manifold. If each leg from my main tee is the same size, wouldn't that still maintain equal pressure?
The loop would require significantly more in the system before it hits the bubblers.
In my closet for example, I only need 8 drip lines. So it would basically one tee, and about 2' of 1" PVC before the bubblers.
What do you guys think?

TheArchitect

Veteran
Loop it, I garuntee if you don't it won't flow right.

Each takeoff down the line from your pump will eat up pressure from other takeoffs down the line. When you loop it you still run into the problem but it's greatly reduced, another thing that can help is to use an oversized fitting(t or y) on your pump and reduce the outlets to your tubing size, that way instead of a 1/2 inch t feeding the manifold, you'd have a 1 inch t on the pump reduced to 1/2 inch outlets for the manifold.

Mag drive pumps aren't great for pressure, so reducing all points of constriction helps.

Btw nice setup.

Arminius

Veteran

Loop it, I garuntee if you don't it won't flow right.

Each takeoff down the line from your pump will eat up pressure from other takeoffs down the line. When you loop it you still run into the problem but it's greatly reduced, another thing that can help is to use an oversized fitting(t or y) on your pump and reduce the outlets to your tubing size, that way instead of a 1/2 inch t feeding the manifold, you'd have a 1 inch t on the pump reduced to 1/2 inch outlets for the manifold.

Mag drive pumps aren't great for pressure, so reducing all points of constriction helps.

Btw nice setup.

Thanks! I had doubts, not anymore... Loop it is. Thanks for stopping by.

Arminius

Veteran

Argh another long day...
Got the plants in the first flower room rearranged and the third light on. Just need to finish the plumbing, then it's game on! Going to be nice have a full room mono cropped for once!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360298485.633511.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360298502.166220.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360298517.849906.jpg

I have a feeling I am going to be overwhelmed in my closet. I should have flipped the lights 2 fucking weeks ago. The USD are already taking off, and they stretch 300% over 4 weeks. I might have to start doing zig zags with the top to keep her from outgrowing a second light. Keeping the first light low for now to try to keep them short...

Yes! the new space is paying off nicely it looks. I heard if you play music to your plants they respond. How bout some Bieber?:moon:

Loving the room shots.......Love seeing that sis in your room.....some of the best herb IMNHO:biggrin:. Garlic Chem Funk......well......snow is about to be hear. Got a snow tube to go sledding.......theyre saying possibly 2 feet in areas. Keep up the grind........BIG PICTURE