What's new

F45 v3.0 "Ricky's Dope Farm"

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
Ok, first, bottled nutrients pose a problem as the label is only a garunteed minimum, if blending your own start buying the raw salts from jr peters.

The percentages on the label would be labeled in %by weight or volume. And then you have normalization values, ie a nutrient with 5 percent k on the label is labeled as k2o which is 83% elemental k and 17 percent oxygen.

Now, if I were you, I'd look at jr peters premixed bases and modify from there. They have peat mixes, and the hydro mix modified can work great in coco.

A good general elemental ppm breakdown is 150-50-200-150-75. N-p-k-ca-mg.

You have to take into consideration what the media provides, which if you want to do it right means getting it tested frequently, which in the big picture is cheap at ~50 buck a test.

Coco is notoriously high in sodium if not processed properly by the manufacturer, provides potassium as it breaks down, and has a tendency to hold ca and mg.

Meaning you want to apply something like 150-50-150-150-75. With jr Peter hydro that means applying the base slightly weaker than normal and adding magnesium nitrate.

I'll be back to add more I'm frickin tired.
I am ready to give Jacks a go, but they have a few options, some may be new.

Jack’s Professional 16-4-17 Hydro FeED
An innovative formula that provides all the macro, secondary and micronutrients in a one-part system. Designed specially for hydroponically grown herbs (basil, cilantro, chives, parsley etc.), as well as, lettuce and most vegetables. Includes our proprietary blend of iron chelates that keeps iron available even as the pH varies up to a high of 8.0. Also contains a significant level of soluble calcium and magnesium, for an all-around plant nutrition.

Jack’s Professional 12-3-15 Orchid RO Water
Designed for the true hobbyist grower using a reverse osmosis water system. This formula will enhance your overall plant quality by delivering a complete line of soluble nutrients back to your plants in forms that are superior for uptake by the roots. Formula contains a high Ca:Mg ratio and will tend to raise your pH over time. In addition this formula is very hydroscopic and will tend to take on water from the air. Special steps should be taken to store it in a well controlled environment.

And what about the PK Booster?
Jack’s Classic 10-30-20 Blossom Booster
This formula was recently re-introduced from the popular formula from the 1950’s. Dramatic N:p:K ratio stimulates the plant to bloom and remain in the reproductive state to produce healthy big and dense blooms. Should be used in alternation with a vegetative state formula like the Hydro-Herb or RO formulas to reduce overall plant stretch.

I am curious what you think of the ratios with coco DTW. I would like to make a purchase in the next day or so, but am torn between the tried and true Hydro+Cal Nit, and their formulations for RO, and what I imagine is a more Coco friendly ratio in the Hydro FeED.

Edit: For those unfamiliar with Jacks, here are the two that most people use in Coco

Jack’s Professional 5-12-26 Hydroponic
This formula was designed as a base foundation for hydroponic growing. It can be manipulated in such a manner as to provide virtually any combination of nutrient levels desired, providing the highest availability to plants, due primarily to Jack’s has proven ability to remain in true solution over long periods of time. Should be used in combination with the 15-0-0 Calcium Nitrate in a two-part system.

Jack’s Professional 15-0-0 Calcium Nitrate
High quality and extremely soluble form of Calcium that is easy to take up by plant roots in a hydroponic environment. This product is used to supplement calcium (18%) and nitrate nitrogen with no micronutrients added. It can be used to raise media pH and to reduce ammonium, sodium and high micronutrient levels.

SecondAttempt

I just ordered the Cal-Nit and Pro Hydroponic that everyone else uses... Ichabod has a feed schedule on his "vertical scrog" thread that he is incredibly successful with using coco. D9 also knows a lot about Jack's. I will be following D9 tutelage as I'm running PPKs and ditching coco next round, but you should hit up Ichabod bro.

Keep pushing up the ceiling.

Arminius

Veteran
May just order the standard for now. Have 2 rooms in flower now that can finish with the nutes I have, but 2 more rooms going live soon, so I want to get them on Jacks from the start.

TheArchitect

Veteran
Arm, I would stick with the classic. Look up posts by yosemitesam, I believe he has moved on to custom blending, but at one point was using jacks hydro in coco.

I'm pretty sure he just tweaked it so ca and mg were at better ratios for coco.

Arminius

Veteran
Arm, I would stick with the classic. Look up posts by yosemitesam, I believe he has moved on to custom blending, but at one point was using jacks hydro in coco.

I'm pretty sure he just tweaked it so ca and mg were at better ratios for coco.

Thanks! Placing the order now. They even have a price break for buying both at once :)

TheArchitect

Veteran
Yea, that's new I think, when I bought it a year and a half ago they didn't do that. Shit lasts forever.

I was doing some looking, and D9 runs it in coco mixed to the label. Says it works fine. Basically in ro you should be good, but keep an eye out for mg or ca issues, if they pop up they are easy to fix.

Arminius

Veteran
I can't seem to find their full data sheet to start messing with my calculator. Should be able to tweak it to your suggested ratios. Need to kick my son off the computer to find the data...

Arminius

Veteran
Fucking stoners at the hydro store had me pissed for a minute, but they finally found my 16 light flip box!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368765657.807861.jpg
The one downside that was not revealed to me, even after asking, is that it is wired for 120. There is a silver lining in that it frees up a breaker position by dropping the 50amp 240 breaker.
I guess most people use the 16 light flip box to avoid having to go 240amp. The amp draw will be the same, and I think I have a 60amp 120v breaker from the last op. I should have it installed, and the third flower room humming by the end of the weekend.

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
You can still run your ballasts 220/240 The trigger/coil for the relay is wired for 120. Thats the mechanism the switches to power from one lamp to another. I have that 120 cord plugged into a timer even though theres a timer built into the flipbox. It doesn't matter if your ballasts are 120 or 240. I have the 20 light flip and 12 light flip from the same company and they work fine.
You still need 8 plugs to power your ballasts, youcan do that either 220 or 240.
It's proabably best to run 3 20 amp circuits, each with 3plugs, at least that's how my sparkyz been doing mine.

Arminius

Veteran
You can still run your ballasts 220/240 The trigger/coil for the relay is wired for 120. Thats the mechanism the switches to power from one lamp to another. I have that 120 cord plugged into a timer even though theres a timer built into the flipbox. It doesn't matter if your ballasts are 120 or 240. I have the 20 light flip and 12 light flip from the same company and they work fine.
You still need 8 plugs to power your ballasts, youcan do that either 220 or 240.
It's proabably best to run 3 20 amp circuits, each with 3plugs, at least that's how my sparkyz been doing mine.

If I would have taken the time to read the instructions, I would have realized, the flip box does not power the ballasts...
Already had the MLC 8 wired on a 40amp 240...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368945810.740703.jpg
The res is being moved into the flower room, and the rest of the ballasts will be installed on the wall.
The GF paid for the Bonsai Hero duo pack. $650 for two trimmers, power pack, and carrying case.
She also dropped another 1k on the table tonight. Guess 6+ orgasms a night counts for something lol!

Arminius

Veteran
I have been slowly transplanting the outdoor crop. I need to mix some more Super Soil before I can transplant the last 20. I get full sun at this location, and I have plenty of room to spread these plants throughout a 3000 sf area in the back yard. Most of the plants will end up in 20-30 gallon pots. Any new plants will go into 10s, and the last plants in July will be in 5s.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368946416.103192.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368946456.021967.jpg

The HK#1 really have an amazing structure. These plants were untopped.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368946515.822773.jpg

The Forum Cut, and Cherry Pie really do look like completely different plants outdoors in soil. They both have greened up, and overall look nice and healthy.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368946653.271409.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368946719.004760.jpg

Arminius

Veteran
I have several different things going on in the Nursery.
I have RW plugs transplanted into 3" cubes, and 3" pots of my coco mix. Both already have roots out the bottom of their new pots/cubes. So far I am liking the RW plugs vs the 1.5" blocks. While I do have some of those rooting too, it takes a few more days before you know the cut took. I would rather weed out the scrubs earlier, and consolidate.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368947100.171178.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368947117.820823.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368947133.756083.jpg

Now that the flip box is installed, these OG Kush x UK Cheese will go into flower tomorrow.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368947201.871273.jpg

Once the veg table is clear, I will pick the 16 best plants, and veg up plants for the 4th flower room.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368947271.388067.jpg

My harvest schedule is likely going to be fucked! But, with a pair of Bonsai Hero trimmers on the way, I will work through it. As the rooms get reloaded, I will plants strains with flower times that will space my harvests to every two weeks. I plan on shutting everything down at the end of the year so I can take a vacation for a couple of weeks. When I restart, it will be with upgrades, and a sound schedule, and taking the best plants possible.

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
Things are looking good arm!!!!!!!! Wicked good!!!. I see you like rockwool. That's what I just went back to good old rockwool and ebb and flow tables. What made me type is you say you like the plugs compared to the 1.5" cubes. Have you ever seen the rockwool cubes that come connected together in a flat. They fit right inside the inserts for a tray, so you can still get 72 cuts per tray. They work awesome. I've used the 1.5's too and they ain't got nothin' on the ones that fit into six packs. Just thought i'd give my two pennies.

Arminius

Veteran
Things are looking good arm!!!!!!!! Wicked good!!!. I see you like rockwool. That's what I just went back to good old rockwool and ebb and flow tables. What made me type is you say you like the plugs compared to the 1.5" cubes. Have you ever seen the rockwool cubes that come connected together in a flat. They fit right inside the inserts for a tray, so you can still get 72 cuts per tray. They work awesome. I've used the 1.5's too and they ain't got nothin' on the ones that fit into six packs. Just thought i'd give my two pennies.

Thanks for the feedback!
The Macro plugs are the ones that I like for a couple reasons. I like that they have a slit that you can open up and place the cut, rather than jamming it into a hole. I like the loose bags rather than the flats so I can take as many as I need. The last tray I filled for example was only half full, but I put them in an X patten so they aren't crammed in there.
Another busy day today. The screens still need to be finished, and the next room will be in flower by tonight.

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
I used to do trays that held 102 and did every other one, to prevent overcrowding. I know what it's like to be busy. Soon I will have some pics of the new digs I have. Gonna be set-up to pick every two weeks..... I can't wait.:hotbounce

Arminius

Veteran
theres some pro looking shit right there

Thanks Dave! Just getting started. Got half of Alpha loaded with OG Kush x UK Cheese, and the other half will be done tonight/tomorrow.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369023244.157423.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369023259.957210.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369023273.906472.jpg
I was going to try to fit the res into the room, but I would rather have all 4 lights on...