What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Everybody lies about their veg time!

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
That is what I said Tom.

I did misspell identical though and corrected it.

Oh ok, sorry man, now I see what you mean; your "double win" comment threw me off a bit.

all is good.

peace[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So it is a double win.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So it is a double win.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So it is a double win.[/FONT]

R

Rubber Chicken

Has anyone ever tried to veg a plant for years before?

I know that some grape vines, when certain branches are left unpruned they will start to grow differently (better bunches i think) once they reach a certain length ~15'+

Most people prune them off but some just throw the long canes on top of the ro of vines and let them go.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Has anyone ever tried to veg a plant for years before?

I know that some grape vines, when certain branches are left unpruned they will start to grow differently (better bunches i think) once they reach a certain length ~15'+

Most people prune them off but some just throw the long canes on top of the ro of vines and let them go.

Sure, some have kept mothers in veg for years. Although it seems to me that can become a bit of a resource hog when you can just clone your moms once or twice a year.

R

Rubber Chicken

Yes, i know about miniature mothers, but i meant how big could a plant get by vegging for years....... would the super long branches start to form different colas?

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
24 hours = 24 hours

4 days = 4 days

1000 watts = 1000 watts

250 watts = 250 watts

24 x 1000 = 24000

24 x 4 x 250 = 24000

a plant cannot in one day at 1000 watts equal the growth that four days of 250 watts will provide. even with optimal light the plant under 1000 watts for 24 hours cannot grow as much as four days of shoddy light.

yes the math works but it appears something else isn't.

iTarzan

24 hours = 24 hours

4 days = 4 days

1000 watts = 1000 watts

250 watts = 250 watts

24 x 1000 = 24000

24 x 4 x 250 = 24000

a plant cannot in one day at 1000 watts equal the growth that four days of 250 watts will provide. even with optimal light the plant under 1000 watts for 24 hours cannot grow as much as four days of shoddy light.

yes the math works but it appears something else isn't.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ Learn this and then learn to read.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Learn to count too. LOL!

Your brain does not work. Go read the post again. I said 8 WEEKS OF 250W VEG WOULD BE A BIGGER PLANT. Stop being a parrot and endlessly repeating your misunderstanding over and over.

Poly want a cracker!
Poly want a cracker!
Poly want a cracker!
Poly want a cracker!
Poly want a cracker!
Poly want a cracker!

iTarzan

I know you are still around trichrider. Don't be shy now. Or are you having a fight with yourself in the mirror in your birdcage?

Poly want a cracker!
Poly want a cracker!
Poly want a cracker!
Poly want a cracker!
Poly want a cracker!
Poly want a cracker!

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ Learn this and then learn to read.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Learn to count too. LOL!

Your brain does not work. Go read the post again. I said 8 WEEKS OF 250W VEG WOULD BE A BIGGER PLANT. Stop being a parrot and endlessly repeating your misunderstanding over and over.

Poly want a cracker!
Poly want a cracker!
Poly want a cracker!
Poly want a cracker!
Poly want a cracker!
Poly want a cracker!

bite me.
bite me.
bite me.
bite me.
bite me.
bite me.

Dick. no misunderstanding. there is the credit you deserve.

iTarzan

Why don't you agree?

24 hours with 1000w bulb is 24kw hours in one day

24kw hours takes 4 days with 250w lamp.

250 x 4=1000
1000/250=4
2 weeks x 4=8 weeks

math>emoticons

That is just the kw hours that equal out. If you take identical cuts a veg one for 2 weeks under a 1000w and the other for 8 weeks under a 250w the 8 week 250w veg will be way bigger.

So it is a double win.

We See!