What's new

Everybody a breeder ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aardwolf

The hybrid cross is a drug type, the parents were a female of outstanding quality of unknown pedigree. The male plant was from reliable stock. Hollow stems and opposite nodes are the norm and it has reluctance to branch in veg. Typical of either parent. I witnessed no inter-sexuality when making the hybrids.

CBD is a good thing it's a secondary metabolite that has positive stimulating effects.

When CBD and other cannabinoids are vaporised with THC the effects are more apparent than without THC.

I was thinking that if the levels of THC in plants was low enough however to still activate the other cannabinoids then the seed types with a THC content below 0.3% would be legal to grow under most laws.

Just depends what it smokes like and if this 0.3% has any detrimental effect on the ability for the line to survive harsh conditions.

DemonPigeon

Veteran
I was thinking that if the levels of THC in plants was low enough however to still activate the other cannabinoids then the seed types with a THC content below 0.3% would be legal to grow under most laws.

THC beneath the 0.3% with high CBD is already the case in fiber varieties, I remember a canadian user on here saying they make hash from the remains of fiber plantations after the harvest, the problem is fiber hemp is banned under most juristictions, indeed it was one of the reasons behind the prohibition in the first place (to protect rival industries) to grow it you need a certificate from an offical company stating it is a low THC variety, you need a liscence in most places, in the UK you need someone else liscenced as a processor to have already agreed to buy and process anything you produce.
and you have to send away samples for thc testing (you get fined if it's over the set level or you don't comply).

and in most places a company like HempCore onws all the liscences already so you can't get one :(

It's such a bad system

But I like your idea :) I had a similar idea a while ago but then I looked at my local laws and realised I'd be just as fucked... :(

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
Maybe everybody is a pollen chucker except for breeders?

I know that Canadian Hemp has a High Cbd content.

And is also illegal to grow without a special license and specific set backs.

Peace

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
USO-31, behind the plant is Chinese origin.

2799195967_47e9b41c09_z.jpg

Close up

2882369620_e5eb81c133_b.jpg

Seed was available at a sport fishing shop for bait, mainly for common carp fishing.Its a monoecious variety for seed and fiber purposes.Well most of the time the seed which is sold in those shops comes from China.

Keep on growing :)

DemonPigeon

Veteran
^that's beautiful man :)

I was informed you can get big bags of dioescious fiber/seed hemp but I can't find any in stock which will mail it

mega72

I wish you the best Tom Hill~ Thanks for putting it down in this thread!

I hope to see and do the exceptional in this lifetime, and I now have an idea on the direction to take in regard to cannabis, but until I'm there I must admit- I fuck on the first date!

eLHEWjJ.jpg

UUiPDcD.jpg

5 seeds to find the mom, 10 for the scratch and sniff party cup dad
and 10 to find that. Can't wait to see what an actual selection would do...

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
life is Biology,...Biology is bio-chemistry...bio-chem is chem...chemistry is Physics..Phy is Quant Mech..Quant Mech is Mathmatics which is Our consciousness..
the eternal Mind...were Gods dream in a nanotechnology Workshop...Deepak

the Plant owns you...thats step 1....
FOE20

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
:laughing:

now tell those same people that all the solid things around us are almost entirely made up of empty space... because of the of the space between molecules, atoms, the electrons and the nucleus... and watch their heads explode :D lol

lol, then tell em that they don't actually exist in any reality other than as a quantum possibility interacting with itself, within the perameters of newtonian physics separating the universes within the multiverse, and watch them try to get you committed.

Cannabologist

Veteran
Am I the only one who thinks that "homozygosity" is completely inapplicable to cannabis traits? Feels like it sometimes, and I'm disappointed to see the authors talking about it even after acknowledging the numbers of gene copies. Oh well.

In a strict Mendelian sense the theory holds, and this is seen in numerous studies, ala “inheritance of chemical phenotype..”
We have multiple copies likely due, in my opinion, to multiple in and out breeding events over thousands of years as humans have cultivated cannabis for various uses, breeding within cultivated pops, and then those pops mixing with wild types, and back and forth and so on. At least this is my belief I base on available evidence considering the travels cannabis has made over the last 10,000 years, and particularly the last 500.

In any study of cannabis on the basis of phytochemical content alone one can see that all plants and populations are technically heterozygous, THC never attaining 100% purity in the cannabinoid fraction, and always some amount, even though small to fractional, of CBD and other cannabinoids. This means that an individual plant testing as such is technically heterozygous for that phytochemical trait because there is something there phytochemically when tested for, which means genes must be there making it all happen. But because these amounts are so small (less than 1% of the cannabinoid fraction), one could disregard this “technical heterozygosity” and consider plants with concentrations less than 1% not significant to consider as heterozygous for the purposes of scientific experimentation and plant breeding, does that hold water to you? As again to point out like Tom has so often, there are many traits beyond phytocannabinoid content and amount in the plant that make up what we desire, traits for trichome density, overall yield, growth habit, etc.

BTW if icmag had a higher limit on pdf file size I could have posted that article the moment it came out. Oh well:blowbubbles:

Dissapointed this thread went to nada now that they banned the person dropping the knowledge.

But don't worry people nonsense statements like this and the people who say them can stay, that's just what this website needs and what makes it great :tiphat:

The use of chemicals for creating pollen is long winded for the competent grower and causes toxins to be applied to a plant when it is totally unnecessary in most circumstances.

Long winded? What does that even mean? Using a method such as STS is in fact a much faster methodology than selecting male and female plants, to self females and go from there. There are no “toxins” involved, everything in reality is a 'toxin', so what? This is science, not yoga woo woo health food organic nut psychobabble:tumbleweed:

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i m struggling to understand how the presence of diverse cannabinoids is related to heterozygosity vs homo? if you were saying that certain plants in a line had varying ratios of diverse cannabinoids compared to THC or even irregular percentages of THC not environmentally influenced i would see that but....

anyway; homozygous = 'breeds true' ~bubba is said to breed true for instance {i cant quantify that/just read it} nonetheless; i have seen plenty of gardens w/ near identical seedlings in them to immediately know there are some fairly homozygous varieties of cannabis {let alone individuals}

@ whatever rate; Tom is saying 'most homozygous' ~not; '100% pure homozygous'

DemonPigeon

Veteran
Dissapointed this thread went to nada now that they banned the person dropping the knowledge.

Maybe but whether or not he's allowed to return I think these statementss should act as a "sword in the stone" test for the next Tom of ICMag:

Magic is as important as punnet squares in breeding programs.

Thin leaf drug strains are "more sativa"

Haze is a type of lowryding kush.

Cannabis seeds are made by compressing an entire adult plant until it fits in an artficially made capsule.

^He who resonds to these appropriately shall be King of Tom's Hill hereafter ;)

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maybe but whether or not he's allowed to return I think these statementss should act as a "sword in the stone" test for the next Tom of ICMag:

Magic is as important as punnet squares in breeding programs.

Thin leaf drug strains are "more sativa"

Haze is a type of lowryding kush.

Cannabis seeds are made by compressing an entire adult plant until it fits in an artficially made capsule.

^He who resonds to these appropriately shall be King of Tom's Hill hereafter ;)

[YOUTUBEIF]GlKL_EpnSp8[/YOUTUBEIF]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlKL_EpnSp8

DevilWeedSeeds

Private Breeder
ICMag Donor
I have learned very much from Tom in this thread the S1 information is very interesting, hope it stays on track so it doesn't disappear again! I am sure Tom will be back at some point.

supermanlives

Veteran
simple crosses makes ya a pollen chucker, around 4 or 5 generations your a breeder.breeding is rather simple . labeling everything is my greatest challenge lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts