What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ethiopian sativa

Sensistar42

The best ones look like the plant in the first post of this thread: vigorous, well branched, high yielding, sexually stable. Best terpenes in the line: lemony, floral, piney, earthy. Most potent euphoric effects without ceiling, sedation, or heavy come down. Also, higher in cannabinoid and terpene content than her sisters and half sisters.
For male selection, depends on the breeding goal, but overall i would look for males that morphologically resemble more like the best female expressions previously described.
Thank you a bunch for the info!!

I have ideas bouncing around in my head between Nepal Annapurna, ethiopian, and honduras. Crosses to each other trying to make a great seed stick to choose from. As in all 3 I’m just trying to decide how I want to go about the order of crossing them together.

In a perfect world something euphoric, upbeat, happy, energetic, well being feeling, low anxiety with no ceiling would be my goal. That’s a hard thing to do but I feel like when looking at these 3 genetics it seems to have all the pieces I want. But to put them together.

I’m always bouncing around with ideas. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

The two males at the bottom of this pic are Ethiopian. They're the result of one incross I made, selecting skinny-leaf pheno's, which I believe makes them F4. There wasn't much variation in the previous generation but these were very uniform.
ExEFOGA.jpg

xtsho

I'm happy to see that others like the Ethiopian as much as I do. It's not just about high THC levels.

Apparently THCV has anti-inflammatory properties and helps with regulating blood sugar levels. If that's true then you're going to get benefits that don't get you high but still make you feel better.

Ethiopian is high in THCV.

Sensistar42

I'm happy to see that others like the Ethiopian as much as I do. It's not just about high THC levels.

Apparently THCV has anti-inflammatory properties and helps with regulating blood sugar levels. If that's true then you're going to get benefits that don't get you high but still make you feel better.

Ethiopian is high in THCV.
Anti inflammatory properties are huge for me, keeping inflammation away keeps diseases away. Especially things like dementia, Alzheimer’s, etc.

xtsho

Anti inflammatory properties are huge for me, keeping inflammation away keeps diseases away. Especially things like dementia, Alzheimer’s, etc.

I'm not a doctor but from what I've read THCV showed promise with Alzheimer's in some studies.

Unfortunately studies are limited due to cannabis being a schedule 1 drug. It sucks that more research isn't being done.

Sensistar42

I'm not a doctor but from what I've read THCV showed promise with Alzheimer's in some studies.

Unfortunately studies are limited due to cannabis being a schedule 1 drug. It sucks that more research isn't being done.
I know it’s so crappy. 😞 my grand father had Alzheimer’s and my dad was starting to show some signs of it as well before he died. So I’m trying to prevent being a vegetable at the end of my life in anyway possible. My dreams would be to have a prefect mix of sativa genetics that touch on A little bit of everything. Anti inflammatory, motivating, keeping my mind sharp and together. I know this is not how genetics will work out but it’s a dream.
The real medicine for the mind I’ve found for adhd/autism/preventive of brain diseases is psilocybin. Micro dosing that is like super adhd meds. 🤣🤣

Back to the Ethiopian though! I just received mine in the mail! I need to figure out my timeline on my current round and plan to get them popped within a month or two.😊

Sensistar42

Recent research is linking Alzheimer's with type 2 diabetes - some researchers refer to it as type 3 diabetes. I would be looking at cutting out sugar and reducing carbs in general.
Yea heard that recently as well. Right now I’m on the carnivore diet so I’m just eating steak and salt. 🤣🤣🤣

My general diet in the past 10yrs a lot so has been paleo. I’m overly wierd about my health. 🤣

HarleyJammer

Veteran

This is a post I created in the Green Mountain thread..

I carry a congenital neuropathy that is treated with Parkinson's drugs (off label). Throughout my early experimental phase I took notice that sometimes when I smoked the symptoms abated.. then other times symptoms would worsen post-smoke. I couldn't make sense of it. This, of course, was before I became cannabis savvy; aware of indica/sativa... at that time weed was just weed. It was after the lightbulb turned on I began taking note of what I was actually partaking. It became apparent to me that indica triggered my symptoms and that sativa strains alleviated the symptoms.. often within minutes whereas the prescribed Parkinson's drugs might take hours post attack. This fascinated me. Continued investigation I discovered published medical journals involving treating Parkinson's. Although my diagnosis is not Parkinson's I deduced there might be a correlation since I was prescribed the same drugs. I first learned that to be affective the dopamine agonist drugs that I take only hold efficacy if the brain is pre-treated with the drug prior to a neurological symptom attack. If taken post-attack the drugs will not work. That made sense to me in my own experience. If I didn't take my dose at a specific daily time I was SOL. Next, I found a published article from scientists that conducted experiments involving genetically modified rodents, Parkinson's, and THCV. The conclusion stated that THCV acted as an antioxidant and that it was effective in treating Parkinson's symptoms. This leads me to fathom that my disease must involve the production of free radicals and their interactions with neurons. Now, throughout my grows I concentrated on indica and indica dominant hybrids; mostly due to partners' choices and faster turn around from clone to harvest. I discussed my findings with my partners at that time and they agreed to give me a space allowance to conduct my own experiments. After a short web search I discovered a breeder named Subcool. He had a strain called Jack the Ripper: 90% sativa with purported elevated levels of THCV. Subcool also held a strain he called Ripped Bubba; an almost 50/50 (or was it 60/40?) cross between Jack the Ripper and Bubba Kush. I grew both out and tested them on myself. I found that the JTR did not induce symptoms and in fact did alleviate a symptom attack within minutes... something that the prescribed drugs could not. Wow.. it was like magic. Next, I tried the Ripped Bubba. Still, the JTR THCV was present in this strain but at decreased levels. The Bubba Kush in that cross induced a symptom attack. Smoked on another day post-attack proved ineffective and made symptoms worse. I had tempted fate many times smoking what we normally grew so I knew what a straight up indica would do to me. So, in essence, my backyard testing on myself totally falls in line with the published reports. It is amazing how a plant can either be my medicine or my poison. To make a long story a little longer, I enjoy the psychoactive and physical effects from sativas.. and the almost immediate relief I receive from the horrendous symptoms of my disease. Could there be other characteristics such as other camabinoid/terps that come into play between indica/sativa besides THCV? I dont know.

I take THCV tincture everyday, about 30 mg per dose. Twice a day usually. I take it before vaping flower at low temperature (157 C) and for me it completely eliminates the negative side effects of THC (like tachycardia, short-term memory loss and paranoia) and enhances positive effects in a way that's harder to describe but includes a sort of energy boost but not like caffeine. So my experience is very much in line with the results of this study: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26577065/

EnjoyingLife

I know it’s so crappy. 😞 my grand father had Alzheimer’s and my dad was starting to show some signs of it as well before he died. So I’m trying to prevent being a vegetable at the end of my life in anyway possible. My dreams would be to have a prefect mix of sativa genetics that touch on A little bit of everything. Anti inflammatory, motivating, keeping my mind sharp and together. I know this is not how genetics will work out but it’s a dream.
The real medicine for the mind I’ve found for adhd/autism/preventive of brain diseases is psilocybin. Micro dosing that is like super adhd meds. 🤣🤣

Back to the Ethiopian though! I just received mine in the mail! I need to figure out my timeline on my current round and plan to get them popped within a month or two.😊
Microdosing helps my anxiety and depression. I did it 4 or 5 days on, 2 or 3 off depending on how I was feeling for ~9 months. A lot of it disappeared and my mindset seems to have more or less permanently changed.
I like taking large doses (10-14g) periodically to clear the static of day to day life and reset.

But indeed yes, back to Ethiopia... find a time soon is my advice!

burningfire

Veteran
I found some pics when I brought it inside from outdoors.. It's a tricky plant for sure. I forced flowered it outdoors and introduced PM as a result of putting an air tight tarp on it. I tried to adjust the fertilizer using solid ferts and still burnt it.

at the end of the day, it still smokes pretty nice. there's a shimmering quality to it.. it creeps and gets a little speedy in the head but it smooths out to a bright active head high.. there's a little relaxation in the shoulders but basically no body to speak of. The potency could be higher but you can keep smoking it. It's still very clear and sharp.

Aromas are mostly carrot/parsnip

ethsick.jpg

The NCH3 x ETH cross is better suited for my location, It's still a little slow but the quality is there, there's a little more intoxication from the NCH3 side

nch3xethAoct12.jpg

Unfortunately I couldn't keep any of those clones alive.. I don't know what went so wrong this year. I still have another 10 seeds of the ETH. Plenty of the NCH3 x ETH cross but I did have some potency duds in that lot. there's also the CBD #1 x ETH I want to try but I don't think I can get anything going before the next outdoor season and then I'll just have to plant a few seeds per pot and cross my fingers there's something good in there.

Sensistar42

My Ethiopians are chugging along nicely, surprised though that my 2 honduras popped with them are about double the height already. We will see if they catch up to the size or not. 😊😊